GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More delusional ramblings from Dr Mary Hamer.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-do...-holloway-suspect-joran-van/story?id=15145035

Just the fact that Joran and his mother are willing to exploit this woman's obvious "fragile mental state" is disgusting to me.

MOO

Dr. Mary Hamer sounds like a serial killer groupie. Killer groupies have some serious issues of their own.

Killer Groupies
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/psychology/s_k_groupies/4.html

Here are some things that stuck out for me from the above link.

In any event, serial killers prove to be magnets for some people, mostly (but not always) females, and experts have offered a variety of reasons why. Among them are:
Rescue fantasies: the SKG wants to believe that she has the ability to change someone as cruel and powerful as a serial killer.
Need to nurture: many women have said that they see the little boy in these killers and feel an overwhelming desire to nurture and protect that part of him.
The perfect boyfriend: she knows where he is at all times, and while she can now claim that someone loves her, she does not have to endure the day-to-day issues of most relationships; she can keep the fantasy charged up for a long time.
Need for drama: during the trial, the daily events in the lives of serial killers may attract women who want to get close to the adversarial atmosphere and the possibility that something surprising may occur.
Hybristophilia: some people are sexually excited by others who commit violence
Exclusivity: there's a real sense of ownership of the facts about the killers—which confers its own special status—among those who feel intimately associated with them
Regaining the lost male: some who have been abused, neglected or without a father figure look to the killer to fill that need
Vicarious fantasies: some wish to live out their own visions of violence through a person who can actually act them out
Low self-esteem: some women believe they cannot find a man and since men in prison are desperately lonely, it's an easy way to get involved
Attention: when they do something like get involved with a killer, people talk about them and often the media puts a spotlight on them
Eminence: they evolve from Nobodies into Somebodies
The chance to show their mettle: they align themselves against the world in a heated defense of their beloved
Beauty and the Beast syndrome: they like the idea of getting close to danger that will probably not hurt them, but there's always the slight chance

Interestingly, many SKGs are educated and attractive. Some have money, and some are already married. Quite a few are mothers, and it's often the case that they work in some related field, such as psychology or law enforcement.

In Women Who Love Men Who Kill, Sheila Isenberg quotes psychiatrist Park Dietz on prison groupies: "I would be amazed if they weren't among the neediest and most dependent of woman. As in the transference cure in psychoanalysis, the women are sucking up a part of the men's ego and that gives them the illusion of being in control."

Isenberg also notes that a "large percentage were raised as Catholics and were severely affected by church teachings, including sexism, subjugation of women, and repressions of sexuality." She also writes that their fathers were often missing, withdrawn, or abusive, and the mothers might have been demanding. Many of these serial killer groupies also had poor relationships or marriages.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Hamer fits those backgrounds. They likely have Histrionic and probably Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They like drama and are easily influenced.

A look inside Castro Castro and the special treatment Joran is getting as an "at risk" prisoner.

Perez Guadalupe explains that van der Sloot is in a Closed Type A Regime—maximum-security—and new locks have been installed on the three gates that separate him from the main prison area. “We’re not so worried about what he can do to others, but really, we have to take care of him, so others don’t harm him,” he says. Van der Sloot may have gone from being the hunter to becoming the hunted. Rumors abound of people who wish to take revenge for Flores’s death.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/19/inside-joran-van-der-sloot-s-prison-in-peru.html

FWIW, Joran Van der Sloot is not an American citizen. Thank goodness!

He's a Dutch.

According to this CNN article "Chile and Peru say van der Sloot's expulsion from Chile was legal under the Southern Common Market treaty that allows for international cooperation in criminal matters"

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...extradition/UPI-85161322763088/#ixzz1fcGYcRUr

Now the way I see it, according to this article, old Joran was offered $2m by a Dutch media outlet for an interview, but he turned it down because......:rolleyes:,.....you're gonna love this one!

He knew they were going to ask about the Flores family and out of respect for them he turned it down," his self-proclaimed "guardian angel," Mary Hamer, told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

"He has principles, he didn't want to disrespect the family," said the radiologist from Lake City, Florida, who befriended Joran soon after the alleged murder and has been wiring him money.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...sloot-turns-down-2-million-pay-day-sues-chile

Yep! LOL, he's got principles! :floorlaugh:

I think his EXCUSE runs a little flat with the filing of this $13M lawsuit, doncha' think!? :innocent:

Anyway, now I think I understand what this alleged 'guardian angel' sees in old Joran....$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yep, old as time. $Money$.

JMHO and all that!
fran

PS

How many lawsuits has Joran filed?:eek:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/28/joran-van-der-sloot-lawsuit_n_1116638.html
Joran Van Der Sloot Names Former President And Stephany Flores' Father In $10 Million Lawsuit

I just choked on my cracker, and I'm not kidding...Seriously, he has a woman from Florida, a doctor no less supporting him??? OK, I will finish choking on my cracker and find something to drink, and then maybe I can find the words to explain how disgusted I am by this supposedly "educated" doctor.

"I have petitioned the Peruvian President and President Obama to release Joran to me for a 10-year Ghandi program. After which I have no doubt that he will present is thesis and it will win the Nobel Peace Prize," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-do...ran-van/story?id=15145035&page=2#.TvH9HHpu_T4

Please tell me my eyes are deceiving me, PLEASE!!??? This "doctor" is in charge of "reading X-rays??" Where someone could have a rib lodged in a lung or their heart or worse, a broken neck???? I have no words, I am officially speechless. Speechless, yes, you read it here first....OMG...

I just choked on my cracker, and I'm not kidding...Seriously, he has a woman from Florida, a doctor no less supporting him??? OK, I will finish choking on my cracker and find something to drink, and then maybe I can find the words to explain how disgusted I am by this supposedly "educated" doctor.

"I have petitioned the Peruvian President and President Obama to release Joran to me for a 10-year Ghandi program. After which I have no doubt that he will present is thesis and it will win the Nobel Peace Prize," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-do...ran-van/story?id=15145035&page=2#.TvH9HHpu_T4

Please tell me my eyes are deceiving me, PLEASE!!??? This "doctor" is in charge of "reading X-rays??" Where someone could have a rib lodged in a lung or their heart or worse, a broken neck???? I have no words, I am officially speechless. Speechless, yes, you read it here first....OMG...

From the link you posted.

Hamer is divorced and has no children. She lives in a small apartment and drives an 8-year-old car.
No surprise that she is divorced as many have troubled marriage.

She says she has a fundamental belief in second chances and the basic goodness of all people. "I believe in him as a person irrespective of his guilt or innocence. I don't believe in hating people," said Hamer.
Mary Hamer is clearly naive. This also suggests a possible religious upbringing. I have mentioned that many have religious parents.

Van der Sloot isn't the only cause Hamer has taken up in the past few years. "I am fighting for the native American Indians. I am fighting for the dolphins in the Gulf who were killed because of the oil spill. I am fighting for animal rights, human rights and the planet earth," said Hamer.
She is clearly delusional, but not psychotic.

:floorlaugh:

You better skip the interview with her that I posted earlier in the thread. :crazy:

New article and interview on Today Show with Dr Hamer...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-speaks-new-interview.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Writing her letters and signing them "I love you"? Yep...he's really working the charm on this unstable person.

MOO

Well, they do say, there's 'one' born every minute! :rolleyes:

Seriously, LOL, old Joran really should think about this. Now he's down to attracting women in their 50's! :waitasec:

I'm sure he's discouraging her from moving to Peru to be near him. Because if she moved there, she'd have to give up her job which she's using to pay his legal expenses, not to mention his care packages. :rocker:

It's sad, really, to watch her make such a fool of herself. I think I understand some of what may have happened in her previous relationships. :innocent:

JMHO,
fran

Well, they do say, there's 'one' born every minute! :rolleyes:

It's sad, really, to watch her make such a fool of herself. I think I understand some of what may have happened in her previous relationships. :innocent:

JMHO,
fran
respectfully snipped by me

Actually, Mary had said her ex-husband is the only one who supports her:
My only friend in this whole thing is my ex-husband who has been wonderful," said Hamer.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-doctor-champions-natalee-holloway-suspect-joran-van/story?id=15145035#.TvNVnlZ__uY

Am I the only one who feels this is not what it looks like? Since the start I thought she has been hired by 'someone', and also thought Joran is way too smart to fall for it. ;) All JMHO.

True to form, Hamer has also extended a loving offer to pop crooner Michael Buble.
One of the songs on her Van Der Sloot fundraising album is called, "Hey Buble, Come Ride With Me." He's less likely to take the bait.

scroll down to watch 2 of her VIDEOS :giggle: http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/joran-van-der-sloots-1-fan-accused-killers-192800647.html

(interesting comment by poster named "Observer" orange ? avatar - though that was not who I'm speculating might have hired her)

respectfully snipped by me

Actually, Mary had said her ex-husband is the only one who supports her:
My only friend in this whole thing is my ex-husband who has been wonderful," said Hamer.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-doctor-champions-natalee-holloway-suspect-joran-van/story?id=15145035#.TvNVnlZ__uY

Am I the only one who feels this is not what it looks like? Since the start I thought she has been hired by 'someone', and also thought Joran is way too smart to fall for it. ;) All JMHO.

Red by me.

I'm guessing her ex husband wants her dead but doesn't want to do the jail time for it. He probably figures Joran will do it for him. JMO

There has been so much disinformation with regards to this case, it is hard to tell the fact from the rumors.

What does JFTR mean?

Joran did cancel his arrangement with Ms Hollaway's mother. She contacted the FBI and the Dutch Television station, and then initiated contact with Joran suggesting that she wanted to pursue his offer to give him money in exchange for him telling her where her daughter could be found. He made the offer, he cancelled the offer, she pursued it. He went along with it and I understood that he received $10k, but perhaps it was the full $25k that he originally mentioned. I thought her offer made it closer to $10k and that he counted it out in the hotel under the watchful eye of the FBI and her lawyer ... a bit like a sting. FBI were notified by Aruban authorities that Joran had left the Island and was on his way to Peru. He was vulnerable to being sent (expelled or extradicted) to the US after leaving Aruba, which was exactly what FBI and Ms Holloway's mother were hoping - they just didn't get the paperwork done fast enough (unlike the Chileans/Peruvians with their May 13 date). The Dutch Television crew was probably in it for the ratings ... as it was they had to settle for flying Ms Holloway's mother to Peru, sneak her into the jail and let her finally say what she had to say. Peter was sure disappointed with that interview!

You make very valid points in the above and your other posts.

:bump:

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/joran-van-der-sloot-murder-trial-start

Dutchman Joran van der Sloot is to go on trial in the Peruvian capital Lima on Friday. He is accused of murdering Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room on 30 May 2010.

Lima’s Public Prosecutor has announced he will seek a 30-year prison term and a fine of 50,000 euros. The trial, which is expected to attract considerable media coverage, will begin at 10.00 hours local time. The trial will be held in Lima’s Lurigancho prison near the Castro Castro prison where Mr Van der Sloot is on remand.

:great:

Wonder what kind of media coverage with the in U.S. are going to get?? :waitasec:

Dutchman Joran van der Sloot is to go on trial in the Peruvian capital Lima on Friday. He is accused of murdering Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room on 30 May 2010.

Lima’s Public Prosecutor has announced he will seek a 30-year prison term and a fine of 50,000 euros. The trial, which is expected to attract considerable media coverage, will begin at 10.00 hours local time. The trial will be held in Lima’s Lurigancho prison near the Castro Castro prison where Mr Van der Sloot is on remand.

Wonder what kind of media coverage with the in U.S. are going to get?? :waitasec:

Hopefully the media coverage will be more unbias and present the case in realistic way unlike before.

Great news. This time around he won't be getting away, justice will finally be served and he will finally be off the streets for good.

JMHO

Actually, I was 'trying' to say: Wonder what kind of media coverage we will get in the U.S.... :crazy:

Hey annalia I like your avatar!!! :seeya:

Great news. This time around he won't be getting away, justice will finally be served and he will finally be off the streets for good.

JMHO

He won't be off the streets for good - the most he will get is 30 years, so he'll be in his 50's when he gets out. However, Peruvian prisons being what they are - he'll be lucky to last that long.

There has been so much disinformation with regards to this case, it is hard to tell the fact from the rumors.

Which case? The case in Peru? If so, what difference does it make? He was caught red handed. He brutally murdered Stephany and then had coffee. I can't imagine what misinformation or rumors would change the hard, cold, facts of the case.

I understand there are actually people on other forums who are on Joran's side - I'm not shocked. Some people do whatever it takes to get attention, even if it means supporting a man who has taken someone's daughter from them forever. I pray these attention seekers never have to know the pain these parents have had to endure, that they'll have to endure forever.

You make very valid points in the above and your other posts.

I fail to see any valid points. And talk about disinformation!

Just because one might choose to use selective terms such as Joran made an offer, a deal or arrangement will never change the fact that it was an extortion. And he didn't cancel any offer because it was never an offer to begin with.

For pete sake, they weren't negotiating selling a used car, he was and is the only suspect in her child's disappearance. When a suspect contacts the victim's mother, telling her attorney that if she doesn't pay then she can just wait another five years, that's not an offer, that's not a deal, that's extortion
He committed a crime.

And too bad for Joran if he thought he could just walk away from that crime too. I don't know what other parents would do but I would have done exactly what Beth did if it were my child. She went to LE and LE took over. The FBI ain't stupid, they would never just take the word of either Beth or Kelly and not investigate it first. The evidence is there in his extortion too.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member