Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he did! He just bought the girl coffee, didn't ya know? :innocent:

I know Joran's father is deceased, but I don't remember hearing anything about his mother. It must be tough knowing your child more than likely is responsible for the death of at least two women.

I have a feeling Joran's Mother knew at a young age that his future wasn't going to be good. I doubt she predicted all of this though.

I know I am finding this very scary, I just can't imagine how the families of the players are dealing with this.

Do we have the full presser from yesterday INCLUDING the questions and answers?

I posted the video of Prime New's coverage and this was only the US Attorney speaking not the questions and answers.

Is there a balanced news station out there anywhere? Basically FOX stating the FBI should have known something like this would happen.

I want to know more of the details of Joran contacting Beth IF this is who he contacted. I want to know if Beth sent the money and then contacted the FBI. This is the kind of stuff I am interested in.

BBM. Sorry, this made me chuckle.

*respectfully snipped*
``I don't know anything,'' Anita told The Herald. ``

She ought to just have T-shirts made up. She's been saying that for five years. Hey, Anita, we know better!

I always thought that NH died in Joran's presence as a result of a lethal combination of drugs/alcohol, not necessarily given to her by Joran, and he panicked and disposed of her body. The news of the murder of Stephany with all circumstances pointing to Joren as her killer comes as quite a shock to me. I never imagined he was capable of such intentional and horrific brutality. Since NH's remains were never found, she could well have been killed in a similar manner. His whereabouts over the past 5 years needs to be tracked and compared to any unsolved murders of young women. He might indeed be a serial killer.

I'll try to track down AZlawyer, send her the link to the warrant and see if she can shed any light, because I want clarity, too.

I am of the mind that since it is a U.S. federal warrant and money was sent internationally, the U.S. has a right to him when he is done with Peru. I think that is why the AL U.S. Atty. said what she did yesterday.

Yes thats what US Atty said. He could get 30years...

Forgive me if this article has already been posted, but I just came across it and found it to be a very interesting take on what is going on.

The article focuses on Joran van der Sloot, but also comments on Casey Anthony, and Amanda Knox.

The article is called, "For Van Der Sloot, the End".
But, if you ask me, the subtitle says it all: "Why do young murder suspects act like Reality TV stars, rather than murder suspects?" .......

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/06/04/for-van-der-sloot-the-end.html

Where is that video, Newcomer? Is that the prison he will be sent to if convicted?

[ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/139350/inside-worlds-toughest-prisons"]Hulu - Inside: World's Toughest Prisons - Watch the full episode now.@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/CwZYgZHAbqVNFb7HNV0Vsg@@AMEPARAM@@CwZYgZHAbqVNFb7HNV0Vsg[/ame]

Here is a video of the prison in Peru. Presumably where he will have to go. The first part is about a Mexican prison, but if you forward to about half way through they talk about the Peruvian prison. It's so scary, I'd be afraid to even go to Peru!

Respectfully snipped

Still using Google translate here, 'cause otherwise i'd have no clue at all.

I read (translated) on a couple of sites that said the flight takes 8 hours. That doesn't sound right, does it?

VDS is looking pretty rough, indeed.

This is what the article says:

De vlucht duurt acht uur. Pas rond 22.00 uur (Nederlandse tijd) wordt hij in Peru verwacht. De vlucht duurt zo lang, doordat Van der Sloot met een vliegtuig van de politie wordt vervoerd.

The flight takes 8 hours. He's expected in Peru around 10.00 pm (Dutch time). The reason why the flight takes so long is because he is flying on a police aircraft.

reporter saying "joran, will be charged for death of Stephany".

landing someplace in about 45 minutes, then flown to Lima and then interrogated prob for hours, then charged. thats the plan.

Geraldo going to chime in shortly.

Thank you, Patty! (I also enjoy your personal commentary. :))

Hindsight is 20/20, as they say, and they couldn't possibly have had the foresight to see into the future what he was going to do. Maybe they were holding out hope he would really spill his guts this time? Maybe they did notify the Aruban authorities promptly and, in true form, they dropped the ball and didn't act quickly enough - or at all? I'm sure there is plenty of regret to go around. Woulda, coulda, shoulda and all that...

The bottom line is no one is responsible for Stephany's murder except JVDS himself.

The one thing I'm in total agreement with re: Greta is that the results of the bungling?, or error in judgment?,? are tragic for everyone involved.

I can't help feeling sorry for his mother. No mother (sane) raises her child to be a murderer and I feel she can't be blamed for his actions. At some point, we all reach a point of personal responsibility, as he has.

While she can't be blamed for his actions, she has enabled him by supporting him when he lied about not being responsible for Natalee's death and for keeping her mouth shut about what she knows. Imo, she is not blameless. Daddy cleaned up his murderous mess and mommy kept quiet and stood by her killer son's side. Sorry, no sympathy here for her.

I can't help feeling sorry for his mother. No mother (sane) raises her child to be a murderer and I feel she can't be blamed for his actions. At some point, we all reach a point of personal responsibility, as he has.

ITA! I just know how horrible I would feel if one of my sons had taken someone's life. I hope his mother has a good support system surrounding her.

Respectfully snipped

This is what the article says:

De vlucht duurt acht uur. Pas rond 22.00 uur (Nederlandse tijd) wordt hij in Peru verwacht. De vlucht duurt zo lang, doordat Van der Sloot met een vliegtuig van de politie wordt vervoerd.

The flight takes 8 hours. He's expected in Peru around 10.00 pm (Dutch time). The reason why the flight takes so long is because he is flying on a police aircraft.

I read that and it sounds odd. Police pilots fly slower than others? Even the size of the plane wouldn't take that much more time. lol. Dutch news, so maybe they're mistaken.

I'll try to track down AZlawyer, send her the link to the warrant and see if she can shed any light, because I want clarity, too.

I am of the mind that since it is a U.S. federal warrant and money was sent internationally, the U.S. has a right to him when he is done with Peru. I think that is why the AL U.S. Atty. said what she did yesterday.

Did they have a right to him BEFORE he commited another crime?

Everyone is sick and tired of Van der Sloot, but I want him to "really" be guilty of this crime if he is going to pay for it.
I keep feeling like he's going to get shot during his trip to Lima. Or pushed out of the plane.

I read that and it sounds odd. Police pilots fly slower than others? Even the size of the plane wouldn't take that much more time. lol. Dutch news, so maybe they're mistaken.

Bolded by me :rolling: when I think about it you're probably right lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member