Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Peruvian prison video are you referring to?
Please post link if possible. Thanks.

OMG what a scary place. He'll never last. They all have tattoos. I don't think he even has one, not that makes a difference. I need more coffee...

He may be getting a tatoo soon whether he wants one or not.:dance:

Hello WS :)

This is an e-mail statement released by Beth Holloway's spokeswoman at 5:15 today.

Regarding the recent news from Peru, Beth Holloway extends her deepest sympathy to the family of Stephany Flores Ramirez and prays for swift and sure justice. She is also very grateful for the outpouring of prayers and support for Natalee and her family.

Sunny Tillman
Spokesperson for Beth Holloway

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/statement_from_beth_holloways.html

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/05/25/peru.berenson/index.html

This lady spent 15 years in a Peru prison. She looks fine. She made it.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Berenson[/ame]

I doubt she would say she is fine, or that her time was easy. She is an advocate for changing the prison conditions in Peru and changing their terrorism laws under which she was convicted. She is very outspoken about the number of inmates she saw beaten, left to slowly die, or left disabled by the the treatment they received.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/12/09/w...ts-lament-prison-conditions.html?pagewanted=1

But they said that she was living under inhumane conditions in the Yanamayo maximum security prison and that she was suffering several ailments because of poor nutrition, the high altitude and extreme cold.

Prisoners in Yanamayo receive about a gallon of water each day that is used for drinking, washing and flushing a hole in the concrete floor that serves as a toilet. The beds are concrete, and prisoners are allowed only a half-hour of yard time a day. They are confined to their cells the rest of the day.

Mr. Berenson said the prison, which largely houses prisoners convicted of terrorism, was designed to bring about a slow death.

On IS (court TV) stated he will be formally charged in the next few hours, sometime this afternoon!! Trying to move as quickly as they can so he can be charged right away.....

They don't even have medical facilities, beds for all the prisoners, or functioning bathrooms to accomodate the masses.... he is not going to be in protective custody. This is not an american prison.

Right, but they KNOW he will be a goner if he is in the general population after being accused of killing a girl from Peru. I wouldn't be shocked if they did keep him seperate... might even be the best thing for justice.

bumping this post from the earlier thread - thankx to Girlrilla for posting this.

The segment about the Lima prison starts around the 24 minute mark. Please note this is where they send ALL of them - even awaiting trial. And one they talk about has been there almost 4 years AWAITING TRIAL!

So, its my :twocents: that JVDS will be there by night fall - and he possibly will be dead by next week!

Well worth the watch! Its a National Geographic film and very informative. How would you have liked to have been the camera man?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Joran Van der Sloot Caught!!
Here bumping my post from earlier - gives link and info about the prison video.

The picture of Joran in handcuffs made me very happy. I don't think his family can help him now.

Right, but they KNOW he will be a goner if he is in the general population after being accused of killing a girl from Peru. I wouldn't be shocked if they did keep him seperate... might even be the best thing for justice.

I don't think they have the resources to provide that type of service.
It is not a matter of choosing to throw him to the wolves. They acknowledge they barely have control of the facilities and there have been numerous riots in the men's prison facilities.

What Peruvian prison video are you referring to?
Please post link if possible. Thanks.

[ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/139350/inside-worlds-toughest-prisons"]Hulu - Inside: World's Toughest Prisons - Watch the full episode now.@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/CwZYgZHAbqVNFb7HNV0Vsg@@AMEPARAM@@CwZYgZHAbqVNFb7HNV0Vsg[/ame]

the information re: Peru prison is a little over half way through the video.

Wow; watched the video..........Joran will DEFINATELY be considered an outcast and have to fend for himself......................he will not last a month let alone 30-35 years.(unfortunately).

Please overlook if already asked and answered.....How in the world would JVS have been able to be in contact with Natalie's family to even try to extort money???Surely he would not have been able to just call them up and I would expect that they would refuse any of his calls....I am so confused on this....no doubt from me on his trying to get more money but how would he have had any contact information???? TIA

Please overlook if already asked and answered.....How in the world would JVS have been able to be in contact with Natalie's family to even try to extort money???Surely he would not have been able to just call them up and I would expect that they would refuse any of his calls....I am so confused on this....no doubt from me on his trying to get more money but how would he have had any contact information???? TIA

Apparently it was a sting operation coordinated with the FBI.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/05/25/peru.berenson/index.html

This lady spent 15 years in a Peru prison. She looks fine. She made it.

Hi, Beyond Belief, Lori Berenson was staying at a Peruvian woman's prison, which is at least marginally decent, unlike their male prisons. (Berenson's complaints, however, about bad conditions show how bad even the women's prisons are.) Also, the somewhat suspect circumstances of her military tribunal trial had intensified the attention of Latin American government and international human rights groups and somewhat improved her conditions. By comparison, Joran will be in a hell hole.

In the Netherlands, Dutch prosecutors on Friday said they had raided two homes hunting for evidence linked to the extortion charges. They seized computers, cell phones and data-storage devices in the raid, which was carried out at the request of U.S. authorities, said national prosecutor's office spokesman Wim de Bruin.

I did not hear about this......Sorry if already discussed..

He could have contacted a reporter for them to get a hold of Beth..IDK

Are there any statements made by Stephany's family regarding the extortion money Joran received "allegedly" from the Holloway family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme