Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also remember this green truck mentioned years ago.
I want to see him get arrested is that bad for me to feel that way?

Joran van der Sloot led a high-stakes life in South America

Joran van der Sloot was a gambler.

Even as the young man was hounded by suspicions and cameras for his role in the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway five years ago, he could be found at poker tables on two continents.

As he sat in a Chilean jail Thursday on charges that me murdered a young woman in Lima, Peru earlier this week, those who know him describe van der Sloot as an athletic and arrogant young man with a yearning for women and risk that led him across the globe.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/04/1662456/joran-van-der-sloot-led-a-high.html#ixzz0pst1f0HP

Peru murder suspect to be expelled from Chile, Interpol says

Van der Sloot is expected to be transported aboard a military airplane from Santiago, Chile's capital, to the border city of Arica, said Macarena Lopez, a spokeswoman for Interpol.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/04/peru.murder.case/?hpt=T2

I'm so glad that the Chilean authorities are doing this. I HOPE they use shackles this time. Not that I think Joran is smart enough to be able to escape but it seems he's been so "lucky" before with getting away with his crimes.

Thanks for all the information. I am having to sporadically log in and check things out. I hope Beth doesn't believe for one minute that anything she did contributed to the unfortunate murder of Stephany. He would have gotten there one way or another. Had it not been stephany, it would have been some other unfortunate girl, and I am sure there is a trail....probably some of his victims were impoverished and didn't dare go against the Dutch government, or possibly were afraid for their lives and their children's lives, or other family members. JVDS had a lot of friends in high places. They won't be able to help him now nor do I think they will try. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this boy has some major problems. I pray for his mother and brother. As an outsider looking in, knowing very little of JVDS, having little or no knowledge of psychological profiling, I still know he has something very wrong with him.

That is very interesting. Could that play into this 'extortion' attempt?

I think the contract was about Joran telling the truth to 'Terror' Jaap Amesz on tv. It's the interview where Joran says she fell of the balcony.

"I offered him a way out. A contract which would make him a millionaire (so he thought) and the price would be to tell the truth. I told him he'd be out of jail in 2 years, then he would be 23 years old with a million on his bank account. He took the bate! "

I also remember this green truck mentioned years ago.
I want to see him get arrested is that bad for me to feel that way?

I don't hink so summermood. Me personally, I've always reconciled people who have acted badly towards me or others I know and been hurtful or mean spirited, that they will get their due someday. We may never see it, personally witness it, but you just have to take peace knowing things will come around to those kind of people, and all the wrongs they have done will come to mind eventually, when they sit and wonder "why me?" it shouldnt take too long or too much recollection to get to that answer.

This man has destoyed so many, many good people and their lives, just ruined. Nothing wrong with the desire and satisfaction to see them get their due.

HLN just showed new video of JVS being put into a car -- looks like his trip to the boarder has started!

I'm so glad that the Chilean authorities are doing this. I HOPE they use shackles this time. Not that I think Joran is smart enough to be able to escape but it seems he's been so "lucky" before with getting away with his crimes.

Vigilante justice.

I think the contract was about Joran telling the truth to 'Terror' Jaap Amesz on tv. It's the interview where Joran says she fell of the balcony.

"I offered him a way out. A contract which would make him a millionaire (so he thought) and the price would be to tell the truth. I told him he'd be out of jail in 2 years, then he would be 23 years old with a million on his bank account. He took the bate! "

I'm missing where that money would supposedly come from, unless it is just part of the 'trick'. Maybe that's it.

Sorry - only one cup of coffee so far. :Banane39:

HLN just showed new video of JVS being put into a car -- looks like his trip to the boarder has started!

BTW - this video is much better and he is still wearing the same clothes. Also, it looks to me like he has a bruise (small) under his eye - anyone else see one? It is light or faded but sure looks like something is there to me.

:eek: Just catching up here -who actually paid the 15,000 dollar downpayment? not Beth? How horrific that that money was used to trip to Peru and murder Stephany on the anniversary of NH's death

I'm pretty sure that whoever supplied the 15k downpayment is wise enough to know that they are not in any way responsible, nor should they in any way feel guilty, for the actions of Vandersloot. He would have hurt more people (and probably has) somewhere down the road. If not Stephany, then someone else. If not Peru, then another location. He didn't murder because he got a free trip to Peru. He murdered because he is a sociopath.

No, the horrific thing is that the Aruban officials allowed Vandersloot to be free to kill again. That is horrific.

They are showing video on HLN of JVDS in the back of the police car being transported to his destination. He is handcuffed, sitting between 2 men (assuming officers) he looks very nervous, lots of media surrounding the car taking photographs and video.

I did have to laugh because someone in the car, not sure who, just put the window down to the back seat so that the media could actually put the camera in the window to get a better picture. JVDS did not look amused.

*respectfully snipped*
Joran's mother: "What's going on?"

The mother of Joran van der Sloot was schocked by the news that her son has been arrested for the murder of 21 year old Stephany Flores.

In my mind, she was shocked he was arrested, not shocked he struck again. Sorry, I have no sympathy for this woman. She has had five years to tell anything she knows, but has kept her mouth shut. She was married to Paulus, the man with all the secrets. I watched her on TV during the investigation. No one can convince me Anita did not know most of what happened the day her son was responsible for Natalee's death. She might not know every single detail, like whether or not her son and his two cohorts raped Natalee while she was unconscious, but I do believe she knows enough to have helped Beth find her daughter and prevent her son from killing again. So no sympathy for Anita here.

I agree Suzet. A mother knows when there's something wrong with her child. Joran did get this way overnight. Who knows, maybe deep down Anita is relieved that Joran has been arrested and will probably be gone for a long, long time. Granted it's her son but if it's true he terrorized his family, or they were afraid of him, then there has to be some relief there.

Natalie, May 30, 2005
Stephany, May 30, 2010

They need to find out where this guy was on May 30 for the last four years and check the missing persons reports.

Praying for justice and the victims' families.

I have a couple of questions, excuse me if the have been asked already.

If a partial payment of $15,000 had been paid to Joran with regards to the extortion attempt on Beth Holloway, wouldn't Joran have been followed by LE at that point? Was LE aware Joran was travelling abroad? Was he using the $15,000 to gamble in the poker tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties