Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, some confession-type email, communication was discovered on his computer, and was dated on murder day?

According to Peru.com, the Police Division of High Tech Crime has confiscated the laptop and is examining it for evidence. They will make a report when finished.

http://translate.google.com/transla...ias/sgc/portada/2010/06/07/detalle100987.aspx

Wow, unbelievable. He confessed to killing Stephany and it appears there's a chance they may find out what happened to Natalie Holloway, too. Hats off to Peru LE.
Now, if this is true, that he killed Stephany because she saw "something" about Natalee on his computer - will they be able to bring in Natalee's case? I guess that will depend on what it is on his computer that she saw. Just newspaper articles or mainstream media stuff - I wouldn't think that would be enough to "bring in" Natalee's case BUT if he has "confidential" information (pics, maps, etc) then what?

Okay - lots of people reporting the confession - this may be it folks!

Now, if this is true, that he killed Stephany because she saw "something" about Natalee on his computer - will they be able to bring in Natalee's case? I guess that will depend on what it is on his computer that she saw. Just newspaper articles or mainstream media stuff - I wouldn't think that would be enough to "bring in" Natalee's case BUT if he has "confidential" information (pics, maps, etc) then what?

Then Aruba would have decide it was a prosecutable case, Peru would have to decide whether they wanted to let him go stand trial there before his time was served for their homicide, and then they would release him to Aruba when they decided it was time.

Whatever is on the computer, it was enough to make him go ballistic and kill Stephany. It must be something very relevant to NH.

I'm not so sure that the hostel was welcoming just gay people. I'm thinking prostitution, swingers, S & M er's, etc. That was my point. In other words, no sexual activitiy monitored at this relatively low rate hostel. And that could also be why they had video monitors everywhere. LOL

LOL good point on video cameras ...better quality too than some high-end places!

IF this report on msnbc is true, it brings to mind a question: How does it benefit Joran to confess? Are there plea deals in Peru? Anyone here have any knowledge Peru's legal system enough to know whether plea deals are done?

I can only think of two reasons he would confess: 1. the forensics and other evidence is iron-clad; 2. He will benefit from confessing in some way - a shorter sentence, or a better prison, whatever. I doubt he confessed becaue he suddenly grew a conscience while in the custody of Peru officials!

The trigger, the past that haunts him.
Unless of course he was coerced into confessing from Bubba.

I still don't think he did. I believe she was killed shortly after they arrived in the room. MOO

It never ceases to amaze me how such a loud commotion such as a killing can occur in a public place and no one checks on them. It was early in the morning where it would have been quiet and no one knocked on the door to say "keep it down".

IF this report on msnbc is true, it brings to mind a question: How does it benefit Joran to confess? Are there plea deals in Peru? Anyone here have any knowledge Peru's legal system enough to know whether plea deals are done?

I can only think of two reasons he would confess: 1. the forensics and other evidence is iron-clad; 2. He will benefit from confessing in some way - a shorter sentence, or a better prison, whatever. I doubt he confessed becaue he suddenly grew a conscience while in the custody of Peru officials!

In exchange for the better prison, if such a place exists there. In essence, in exchange for his life, really.

I can think of a reason...waterboarding!!!

Typed from DVR

MF: This is room 206 not 309. Small room barely room for bed and tv. Tile on walls. Heavy bed. Mattress was askew. "There is a schematic that was drawn by the police, there's been a report in the local media here, her body would have been crumpled up in this area if this is at all the same as 309."

So we don't know if the room MF showed is the same size as 309, but the room he showed looked to be about 2 ft between the wall and the side of the bed where her body would have been. (not enough room for her be laying the way the drawing showed) JMO

Fuhrman said her body would have been...indicating he didn't know for certain. I took it as he stated it; uncertain.

If you think her body couldn't have fit there then that's what you think. Maybe her body wasn't there at all. How can any of us know for certain?

They reported initially her body was fully clothed. Now it's partially clothed. I take it with a grain of salt. I do believe she's dead and murdered and that her family is grieving. If I were her Mother it would matter not to me where her body was laying in that room. And to the investigators that matter; they already know. So be it.

Walk back in with coffee in your hand and go into a rage.......coffee would have been all over the place.
I dont believe this.

Can we post a twitter update for a media persons update? Just want to make sure before I post it?

This inquiring mind wants to know a few things:

A) How did Peru get him to confess?
B) What was on his laptop about Natalee?
C) Is Beth on a private jet this minute heading to Peru and will they let her please,
please, sit in a cell next to him for a few days.

Ah, Joran your worst days are ahead of you.

My question is why confess? What does he gain by confessing? Easier sentence? Some sort of immunity from something? Did they beat it out of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T