Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have felt this for a while and it is getting stronger. I think sociopaths have emotions. I think they have as many emotions as anyone. It's just that only have them for themselves. I think that makes them even worse. They know, they know what is right or wrong. They know they are hurting people and they love it! They aren't missing emotions, they are missing something much more important.

:twocents:

They lack empathy, they do not understand or care that someone else feels the same feelings they feel. In the moments of damaging others the only emotion that is registered is their own, anger, indigination, entitlement, hurt, betrayal, whatever....

That is why killing small animals is such a huge warning sign of major problems. Most kids at a very young age understand they are hurting the animal, causing pain and fear, and will cry for an animal they see injured.

Developing empathy seems to have a critical development window, and if it is not forming intervention (I think current thought is intervention is needed before 8 at the very latest) is crucial.

They also reported that he claimed robbery was not a motive, that he took her money because he was broke and needed it to escape.

I don't have the link, can't keep them all straight, but I did read on one of them that the punishment for robbery can be life if prison in Peru, that may be the reason that he is not claiming he robbed her...You can bet that whatever he claims is what he feels will be best for him.

Really good article -- sorry if someone posted it. This thread moves quickly.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...er-sloot-confesses-to-stephany-flores-murder/

What Shalke found was a control-hungry man who thrived on any attention he got—even from being an accused murderer. “You can read him. He thrived talking about Natalee. He loved it,” Shalke told The Daily Beast. “Joran needs to be in control, and he is capable of lying and embellishing the facts to stay in the superior position. But this is also a guy that, when he is not in control, is capable of anything.”

The article at your link also states if they can prove he robbed Stephany in addition to murdering her, he is subject to a sentence of life in prison

BBM

They probably told him that, too. I hope they can prove he robbed her.

She had 5k when she left with him...0 when he left her dead. BTW They don't have to prove it, he has to prove he didn't rob her!;)

I just wanted to comment on the new photos of STF and how absolutely beautiful she really was. The first couple days I only saw the one photo. Glad the media is showing these. Rest in peace <3
Justice for Stephany
May the angels lead us to Natalee

I would like to see those photos. The first photo of her is a bit unflattering. I saw some other one on NG and she looks like a beautiful woman who is full of life. It's so sad when her dad says that his wrong doing was only showing her the good part of life. He said that he neglected to show her the evils of life.

I'm still not comprehending why killing her was necessary b/c this news of NH was nothing new. It wasn't like it was a secret and she was the only one who found out about this.

They also reported that he claimed robbery was not a motive, that he took her money because he was broke and needed it to escape.

Admitting a money motive makes his sentencing option much harsher according to yesterday's posts.

She had 5k when she left with him...0 when he left her dead. BTW They don't have to prove it, he has to prove he didn't rob her!;)

I like their justice system better. Why should the SA have to prove that you did something when you look guilty. You prove that you didn't do it and if you truly didn't do it, it should be easy to prove.

According to the link at La Republica I just posted--Joran stated that she was surfing the internet for stories on him and was reading that; that she wouldn't give the laptop back to him initially, so he hit her--after he hit her she became frightened -they argued-she tried to get out-and he gave her a karate chop. (my edit: and apparently took out her eye for good measure). They also reported that from the moment he was picked up in the taxi he declared his innocence to anyone who would listen--so they sat him down and played all the videotape which conclusively established only he could have done this. Only after this did he confess--my edit: obviously to save his butt for a lighter sentence.) I think he may not have been aware of the video cameras out on the street. Was probably aware of them in the hotel. However, maybe he thought they might not be working; or maybe he thought it was a live cam that is erased over, or maybe he just didn't think.http://www.larepublica.pe/sociedad/...er-sloot-confeso-haber-matado-stephany-flores

Please post links with statements as this case unfolds. It makes it easier to have firm facts for easier reference. Also it helps when members who come on later in the day as a point of reference. It is also one of the rules at WS, links with statements. Thank you.

My post falls randomly and not to any post before or after me.

Have to wonder if he was present when they pulled his bloody clothes out of his duffelbag? That would be an A-HA / kodak moment if ever there was one.

I agree that would be a lightbulb moment if there ever was one, But I thought he said his luggage was in his hotel room in Santiago, and I also thought that his white shirt was found in the hotel room with her body....Am I confused?

And, well I wasn't going to rob her, but after I had to kill her because she looked at my laptop...and since I had killed her I had to get away so I robbed her.

Okay. He's guilty. By his own words. Is that the best he's got? I killed her because she looked at my laptop...my god! If she had seen the NH information wouldn't it have been better to not kill her to show her he was innocent of NH's disappearance? But, of course he wasn't...innocent and so he killed SF too.

But, I think it is all crap. He had it in his mind to kill her as he was getting his keys from the front desk. IMHO. His "reasons" just prove what a sociopath he is, that he would think these are actual "reasons" or "excuses" for what he did. IMHO.

OKay- gotcha.

I killed her after I got coffee is not an alibi to me, and would be a wasted 45 minutes he should have spent high tailing it out of the country.

the alibi is, she invaded my personal space by looking at my computer while i was out getting us coffee.

it was a reflex provoked by her "invading my space", when I walked in on her.

i was sooooo surprised I killed her by mistake.

but the evidence will prove the lie.

HLN just reported that he did confess but authorities not confirming the "she grabbed my laptop" confession. Just that he did confess, and due to a confession they will bring him to the crime scene for him to show them how it happened. Media are waiting at the scene now for arrival.
Also, Joran's family is expected by end of day.

HLN just reported that he did confess but authorities not confirming the "she grabbed my laptop" confession. Just that he did confess, and due to a confession they will bring him to the crime scene for him to show them how it happened. Media are waiting at the scene now for arrival.
Also, Joran's family is expected by end of day.

yeah I bet they are very interested in his showing them how he accidentally broke her neck. that ought to be good.

They were showing on the banner below on NG and the Joy B show that she had 2K and it was missing. I was wondering what happened to the rest that was reported early on she had. So I have been trying to find a confirm report if it ws 2 or 5.

So if a sniper bullet gets him on his way to the scene, what will we think?
An angry citizen or a set up?

While I am beyond happy that this monster has been caught and has confessed, I am sad that there is no death penalty or life in prison in Peru, that his confession may lessen his sentence and that good behavior can basically cut his time served in half. I pray that the time he spends in a Peruvian prison will be Hell, and from the info I've seen posted, it looks like it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3