Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Private funds from where? Would it be so hard to say where they came from. It was probably from another agency. IMO, it really doesn't matter where the funds came from this was the FBI's baby and they should have had all the scenarios in their heads of what could go wrong.

No, I have to disagree. If a federal agency says they were private funds then they mean funds not supplied by any other government agency.

And I can't, in fairness, consider them responsible. Many have supplied Joran with money. . . With no coordination with any law enforcement and only goals of self aggrandizement.

If I start down the path on who shares blame, other than Joran who is ultimately responsible, I could trace footsteps all the way to the full moon that might have been present during his conception. This path only dilutes his guilt by diverting it to others who were trying to get him out of our society. At this point, that seems counterproductive to me. Of course, moo.

I'm wondering if JVDS thought that maybe the bed had one of those hollow bases, and he could hide her wrapped up body in it and cover it back up with the mattress. Maybe that's why the mattress is turned sideways. Without a body in plain sight, he may have thought he would have had more time to escape.

Now that is interesting! Anyone travel in that area of the world and know what kind of bedding furniture is used? I'm intrigued!

(This is not on topic but I have traveled where it is common for that style of bed to be used. The mattress either sits directly on a platform made of slats that can be lifted or a solid board like material that can be lifted and there is empty space beneath. I have traveled in places that often do not use what we call box springs)

Good thoughts there Love to dig! :)

you guys please leave Joran's mom off of your bashing list. She is not a suspect, she is not directly involved in this crime. Regardless of what any of you may think of her, to bash her on this thread serves no purpose and does not advance the discussion . No problem discussing her actions, her comments and/or how you may feel about what she has said. but when it becomes petty trashing we don't need it here.

Now that is interesting! Anyone travel in that area of the world and know what kind of bedding furniture is used? I'm intrigued!

(This is not on topic but I have traveled where it is common for that style of bed to be used. The mattress either sits directly on a platform made of slats that can be lifted or a solid board like material that can be lifted and there is empty space beneath. I have traveled in places that often do not use what we call box springs)

Good thoughts there Love to dig! :)

After seeing this post it jogged my memory of a body found in Memphis,Tn just a few weeks ago and it was a body in some type of bed like that....I could not understand why no one had smelled it decomposing...sorry gross I know...but no one had noticed and believe it or not I think it said someone had actually slept in the room while it was there.

Actually, my post is legally correct, I am a 30+ year lawyer, former Judge, and have also been teaching for 18 years & this is literally first year law school evidence. While evidence of uncharged crimes (prior bad acts) may not be introduced in a criminal trial to show character, it is admissible in a criminal trial if relevant on the issues of intent, motive, common plan and scheme (MO), etc. After conviction, and during the penalty phase, evidence of uncharged crimes (prior bad acts) is admissible to establish an aggravated sentence. Both scenarios require the Judge to hold an en camera hearing and determine whether or not there is a preponderance of the evidence that the prior bad act occurred. Will post some links to legal cases when I get back from having my hair done this afternoon!

SoCal, I saw the link you posted later. Thanks.

I wasn't questioning your legal knowledge, just suggesting you had used an unfortunate phrase. You wrote:

"The prior bad act doesn't even have to be related to the crime at issue...."

Maybe you meant the prior bad act doesn't have to be the same category of offense. But surely you'll agree that all evidence presented at trial has to at least arguably "related to the crime at issue."

As for the "preponderance" standard applied, I didn't know that and appreciate the info.

i have a couple of questions and i hope someone can help with answering them...

I believe I read somewhere that SF and her cousin were discussing JVS before SF even "met" him. I know there is a link out there and if I try hard enough, I can find it. I remember it stating that SF asked her cousin about JVS after seeing something on TV & he/she told SF what all happened in Aruba. I even believe that in the article, it was said that SF even said that was scary and she hoped nothing like that ever happened to her. Which makes me wonder why on earth after "knowing" about him, would she willingly go to a room with him...much less take all of her clothing off. She was able to walk on her own & even get on a laptop to search on him (which I don't fully believe). So I'm not believing the drug story.

I keep seeing statements about SF not being sexually abused but with nothing on but underwear. She was a lesbian and it probably wasn't sexual. So any possibility that he removed her clothing after death? do her clothes have any markings or anything that shows that she was clothed during the murder? She was attempting to leave the room, correct? They argued, she slapped him and he ended up killing her :( I guess the reason I ask about the clothing is, maybe he undressed her after killing her since his plans were to "put her in a suitcase". I'm not going into detail on that but I'm sure you all understand what I'm saying... it grosses me out to even think it.

My heart goes out to Stephany's family and friends. Such a tragic story :(

I followed NH's case very closely and it consumed many years of my life... I've tried to keep my distance on this case but it's extremely difficult.

After seeing this post it jogged my memory of a body found in Memphis,Tn just a few weeks ago and it was a body in some type of bed like that....I could not understand why no one had smelled it decomposing...sorry gross I know...but no one had noticed and believe it or not I think it said someone had actually slept in the room while it was there.

BBM..o.m.g.

In one of the very early posts since this murder in Peru occurred, someone posted a link to Yoran's photobucket and another site similiar---he had many pix of Beth, the K brothers etc with his own little captions. It would not surprise me one bit if he had a picture file icon on his desktop with some of these in it. In that case, she could have just been looking at his pictures and found out a lot. She didn't even have to google him. JMO

BTW, HI CAJUN!! :U There:

I can't stream media here on this connection. Would someone be so kind as to post the highlights of Levi's show?

(Thanks for your coverage tonight Levi! :seeya:)

I think it was Sony Milbrook?

Her thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98069"]Found Deceased TN - Sony Millbrook, 28, Memphis, 28 Jan 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Perhaps...he wasn't angry about the supposedly invasion of his privacy but because he was angry that he lost his gold ticket? If he was so desperate for money and he thought he could scum her somehow for money, her finding out who he was he knew there was no chance to do that anymore? If his story is the truth of course.

As for the not being heard screaming I am curious too. Perhaps toxicology exams will tell us more, whether she was in a position to scream. If she was given any kind of drugs it definitely changes his story about her looking on the computer. Or how many people where living in the hotel at the time, next room, room downstairs, etc.

Maybe the broken neck came from strangulation while she was still asleep; hence, no screaming.

Did we make a thread for Levi's show yet???

In the death photo of Stephanie her hair is down and all curled.
While entering room her hair is in a bun and straightened.
Could she of taken a shower????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member