Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It infuriates me that our tax dollars were used to fund this moron's trip to Peru which in turn caused Stephany's death. I am pissed about this. I'm sorry but why is NH's death since 5 years ago a 25k expense? There are tons of missing children, women and some men in this country. How much hard cash is used to find them? What makes her case so special? I hope I don't get in trouble for saying this. I feel for Beth Twitty but there are kids like Adji and Haylee missing. This type of money has not been spent on them. I know as a minority woman if I went missing the FBI would not spend 25 bucks on me. I hope this method of doing business stops. It literally caused the death of another!!!!

The FBI stated that it was "private funds" that were used in this sting operation, NOT your tax dollars.

Personally, I think the two photos I have seen are staged.
It wouldn't be that difficult to rent another room in the hotel and set it up.

The one shown on the cover of the magazine has a backpack under the table. Why is that there?
Who does it belong to? She was not carrying a backpack, and he took his with him.....

i.b. nora, You're right. This got my 'hicky' meter flashing too.

I looked at the first video several times and wondered how she carried her winnings of $5,000.00 in the room like someone reported. That would be a big stack of bills.
In the video, her hands were empty, she did not carry a handbag or a back pack going into the room. So I question whether she took anything into the room at that time.

I've been staring at this for quite some time now. If you look at the corner of the mattress, it does not appear that it is in place, in other words, where it should be when you compare to where the location of the TV. It looks like it should be moved over to the left of your screen, which would make SF body located between the wall and the bed.

I wonder what that little bottle of blue greenish content is on the table by the T.V as well as that white towel/garment/blanket next to the TV? Its creepy that you can see what appears to be his back pack under the table.

Thank you everyone who replied to my posts which such informative information. :dance:

The photo on the cover and the one on both NE34 and NE35 look real to me. They exude mustiness, putridness ... a fetid atmosphere.

The little green bottle looks like it could be blue-green mouth wash. The struggle appeared to be on the dark spot on the sheet where it appears to have been an area wherein there was a lot of movement.

The mattress has come off center and on one side the sheet bares the mattress cover and shows the elastic band adhering to it. In fact, when comparing the two viewpoints it is apparent that the mattress is very much askew!

Her body lies under a window and appears to be very close to the wall. To me, and I'm sure I must be wrong, but the body looks like it has been wrapped in a light blanket. I was under the impression that it was obvious to the person who discovered the scene that Stephany was wearing red panties. If os, it is definately not apparent in the photo.

There appears to be blood gushes between her and the bed, as though another blow, perhaps the fatal one, was delivered while she was prone.

Yes, the backpack! Why would he leave it, assuming it is his.

I agree with Tim Miller that he's gotten more and more desperate as time has gone by. He'd been coddled and spoiled his whole life; lavished with money and the freedom to do as he wanted even at his young age. After his father passed away (and probably well before) the money dried up and he was constantly under public scrutiny. He attempted several money making schemes, which included human trafficking, some sort of cafe he supposedly owned and, amongst other nefarious things; not the least of which fleecing numerous people out of money in return for his story or information re: Natalee. Each time he was either a dismal failure and/or he pi$$ed away whatever monies he received very quickly on his beloved gambling addiction, which apparently he wasn't all that good at either. We've all read of his callousness and seen his various burst of temper. He was getting even more frustrated and desperate and realized his latest extortion attempt had failed and that they were most likely on his trail and ... he snapped.

I don't believe the lame 'she invaded my privacy' excuse. For whatever reason she came to be in his company when he lost control of his frustration and rage - AGAIN - we may never really know.

you guys please leave Joran's mom off of your bashing list. She is not a suspect, she is not directly involved in this crime. Regardless of what any of you may think of her, to bash her on this thread serves no purpose and does not advance the discussion . No problem discussing her actions, her comments and/or how you may feel about what she has said. but when it becomes petty trashing we don't need it here.

I am sorry if this is due to my post, I am new here and will watch myself in the future.:doh:

Did we make a thread for Levi's show yet???

In the death photo of Stephanie her hair is down and all curled.
While entering room her hair is in a bun and straightened.
Could she of taken a shower????
Just my opinion, but her hair could look straight if it's pulled back into a bun, but when let loose, it's curly. I'm also thinking of it coming out of the bun during the struggle as whatever was holding it (pins, hairband, etc) would've come out. I recall the hotel worker who found her mentioning long hair so it seems it was loose. MOO

i.b. nora, You're right. This got my 'hicky' meter flashing too.

I looked at the first video several times and wondered how she carried her winnings of $5,000.00 in the room like someone reported. That would be a big stack of bills.
In the video, her hands were empty, she did not carry a handbag or a back pack going into the room. So I question whether she took anything into the room at that time.
BBM

I haven't looked for images, but do we know what type of currency 5000 soles would be? For example, could it be something like five $1000 bills?

I am sorry if this is due to my post, I am new here and will watch myself in the future.:doh:

Welcome to WS gumshoemama!

When I was new here these subforums helped me (just read at your leisure!)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160"]Forum Information & Esoterica - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

and

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53"]Forum Finesse - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

But when in doubt just ask we don't bite :D

As for a mod dropping by to remind of us of TOS and etc. It more than likely wasn't directed at you in particular (although I can't speak for any mod) It was just a gentle reminder for everyone here :)

I read somewhere that JVS was being given money monthly? I can't recall the posts, do we know where that money was coming from and why has it dried up if in fact it has dried up.

Just my opinion, but her hair could look straight if it's pulled back into a bun, but when let loose, it's curly. I'm also thinking of it coming out of the bun during the struggle as whatever was holding it (pins, hairband, etc) would've come out. I recall the hotel worker who found her mentioning long hair so it seems it was loose. MOO

The police report at the scene reported a hair tie was found in room 309.

I just want to tell everyone here, that whether I agree with you or not, I truly appreciate everyones thoughts and personal experiences that led to those thoughts. I've altered my opinions on numerous cases based on some fantastic postings at this site. And I love the passion for solving crime (no matter what) that is evident here.

BBM

I haven't looked for images, but do we know what type of currency 5000 soles would be? For example, could it be something like five $1000 bills?

Currency
The Peruvian currency is the nuevo sol, and its symbol is S/. This is issued in 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 nuevos soles bills; in 1, 2 and 5 nuevos soles, and in 5, 10, 20 and 50 cents of nuevo sol.

http://pe.gotolatin.com/eng/Info/Hbook/moneda.asp

Personally, I think the two photos I have seen are staged. It wouldn't be that difficult to rent another room in the hotel and set it up. The one shown on the cover of the magazine has a backpack under the table. Why is that there? Who does it belong to? She was not carrying a backpack, and he took his with him.

Maybe it belonged to the cops who were in the room (who probably took the pics)

http://www.dailyfreshnews.info/1851/van-der-sloot-confessed-to-crime/

Additionally, he is "credited with" 'throwing a man off a bridge in Aruba'....The article above also says he has serious anger mangement issues which is widely recorded and reported from his teachers to people who grew up with him... (more at link above)

So from peers to TEACHERS and NOBODY intervened....real nice! Even allegedly beat a dog to death? Hope they all are happy with themselves for not intervening! I know I know........he was the "prince" of Aruba and dad was "high up"..........but still!:furious:

I wonder if maybe he had convinced her to either gamble away her winnings or maybe borrowed from her and then when she/he lost the money he told her he had more money in his room and got her to come back with him "so he could get her more money"? That wouldn't explain why she stayed for so long though unless he drugged her at that point. Just a thought since it didn't appear she had that much money anywhere in the video as someone mentioned earlier.

Currency
The Peruvian currency is the nuevo sol, and its symbol is S/. This is issued in 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 nuevos soles bills; in 1, 2 and 5 nuevos soles, and in 5, 10, 20 and 50 cents of nuevo sol.

http://pe.gotolatin.com/eng/Info/Hbook/moneda.asp
Thanks so very much! :) She still could've had several large bills on her that could've been folded in her jeans pocket. MOO

I read somewhere that JVS was being given money monthly? I can't recall the posts, do we know where that money was coming from and why has it dried up if in fact it has dried up.

I recall reading he got a $50,000 monthly allowance but that was way back before he was even 18. I'm not sure when (or if, even) it dried up. I would assume when his father passed away. But it's been reported that he'd been making desperate and repeated calls to his friends for money for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne