Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we are talking American dollars or another currency? Just a thought.

For instance, earlier it was reported that Stephany had 5000 american dollars but it turns out she had 5000 in Peruvian currency. KWIM?

JMHO.
An early article from Peruvian media described it as 5000 soles (Peruvian currency) which equals approximately $1755 USD.

Has he ever had a job of any kind?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,449294,00.html

I read that following University in the Netherlands, it was suggested in reports, (one such report is located at the link above) that JVDS did receive payments of $13,000.00 per female. It is suggested that he convinced these females to believe that they were coming to the Netherlands 'to dance' when in reality he was selling them into prostitution. So I guess to answer your question, Yellow Dog, it has been reported that, at one time, 'Joran had a job in human trafficing'.

There was an article wayyyyyyyyyy back in these threads (please don't ask me to go find it) but it said that mom had basically cut him off after his father passed away. So he was broke.

Thanks SWAG. :)

Does anyone know why his mother would have cut him off his monthly allowance? I have also read he was not on speaking terms, I'm not sure if that was with his mother.

He has been desparate for money, asking everyone for money, I'm just wondering what happened with his mother that was serious enough to cut him off, tough love? and now considering he is in custody for the murder of yet another girl, I'm wondering if his mother in fact would not help him and would finally realize he is better off in a prison?

Thoughts are welcomed.

Es cínico y mentiroso. Primero, Joran Andreas Petrus van der Sloot (23), quien asesinó a Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramírez (21), intentó negar el crimen, pero al verse perdido tuvo que confesar. Luego, dijo que solo era consumidor ocasional de marihuana, pero ayer el examen toxicológico al que fue sometido dio positivo también para cocaína.

He is cynical and a big liar. First, Joran Andreas Petrus van der Sloot (23), who killed Tatiana Flores Stephany Ramirez (21) attempted to deny the crime, but (with the facts against him) had to confess. Then he said it was only occasional consumer of marijuana, but yesterday the drug test he was subjected also tested positive for cocaine.

Can someone explain to me how they can get such an exact TOD after two days of decomp? Or is the thought that there is something on the unseen coffee video that is giving the investigators that time of death?
My understanding of determining a TOD is that it can be given exactly...any thoughts?

They are using the surveillance footage to determine time of death. I think they just asked him how long he was in the room before he killed her, and then used the time on the footage to figure out when that would have been.

Sex trafficking....college student in Holland....that's all I know.

I just replied the same answer with a fox news link to this "job" that he was reported to have... Sorry, KR2tonenow, I hadn't seen your reply to Yellow Dog when I posted! Great minds think alike! ;)

Suffocation/choking, blocking the airway and means for air to cross vocal cords...

This brings me to my next question. Does anyone know of Joran's martial arts training background (if he had one). You don't just "karate chop" someone to death out of the blue.

By the way,

Marijuana stays in your system for around 30 days. Just because he tested positive does not mean that he actually used it during the time in question here. It could have been from a month before.

Cocaine stays in your system around 5 days.

:slap: (I'm kidding kidding kidding, I've just always wanted to use that little icon or what ever you call it). :laughbounce:

I'm still shocked even if it's $50,000 a year. And for gambling no less. What a way to throw money down the drain cause the boy sucks at gambling.

:hug: for clearing that up.

cry.gif

sneak.gif

I agree (if it's true). :D

la_cavalière;5270419 said:
The only thing I'm aware of is that he owned a coffee shop in Thailand.

Joran is Dutch.. coffee shop has a totally different meaning there:dance:

Yet another article said that he supposedly had no marks on his body, so I would not be so sure she was able to defend herself.

What!!!????!!! If his recounted 'play by play' of what happend 'is factual', he should have had a bruise where she struck him first? Correct??? :liar:

I know it is a tiny thing in the grand scheme but I would sure like to hear someone that speaks Dutch pronounce van der sloot for us..I have heard Slooch, Slutz and I just would like to know how to say it,lol...so when I am screaming that name when I am so fed up with him I can say it correctly,lol:banghead:

I'm not an expert and I don't speak Dutch, but I believe Sloot is pronounced "Sloat" --rhymes with "float". It's possible the "S" might even sound slightly like "Sh". I'm saying this based on fleeting moments in videos where I heard a Dutch person say his name....

Now that I've been no help at all, maybe one of our Dutch sleuthers will intervene! :heart:

50000 Peruvian notes (SOL) = 1,7565 USD. Still a lot of money, but not as big as I would think.

http://www.google.com/ig

Mel
HI Mel, In a link a few days ago I read Stephany had won the equivilant to $1,750 USA as you say. I think there was a point where the media took the $5,000 as US dollars instead of Peruvian notes. That was at first when her friends stated the $5,000 she had on her was gone. Makes sense to me..

I'm in class--we are watching a video. I'll be up all night catching io on JVM, NG and the rest.

I'm glad that the Peruvians are not falling for Joran's self-serving version of events. Isn't he smart enough to know that the drug test would catch him out and prove him a liar? And completely erode his credibility? We are not surprised, because we followed the Aruba case, but he was very foolish to think he could manipulate LE in a country where he is a foreigner, and one accused of killing the daughter of a prominent man.

They got the surveillance times wrong in that article as well (8:45). The police stated they believe the time of death to be about 8:11am.

Interesting to see that the original reports of her being wrapped in a blanket were correct.

Once again, if the video surveillance in the hall at room 309 is correct then the correct time would be 8:45 and the lobby's camera (8:56) would mean the camera is 11 minutes too fast.

How do you/we know which camera was off by 11 minutes? TIA

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37587945/ns/world_news-americas/

"Federal law enforcement officials and a private investigator say the work on Holloway's disappearance was revived about six weeks ago when van der Sloot reached out to someone close to the Alabama teenager's mother and requested $250,000 in exchange for disclosing the location of the young woman's body on the island of Aruba."

Think true or another misunderstanding/mis-report?

I am not 100% convinced that the FBI took the money out of their pocket to pay Joran. I know this is how they are reporting this information, but it is possible the money came elsewhere and an FBI agent handed it over to Joran.

Hopefully the "official" interpol document will surface.

ETA: The FBI has access to loads of drug money to play with that has been confiscated in arrests.

Plus, from what I understand, Beth Twitty has been working nonstop to open a center that benefits the families of all missing persons - to make it easier for them to know what to do, a place for them to turn. Ironically, it just opened last week at the same time Stephany's murder came to light.

I'll try to find a link that describes the center. I'm pretty sure it's in Washington DC.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h6DTykEzeQLNsz30jFCho3vmcPNAD9G79OH80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne