Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead -- Dies of Apparent Overdose

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Too bad; loved him in Capote which was a true crime film of a sort. Can't believe that was only 9 years ago - seems like it was about 20.

Cold mountain....the murdering preacher

What a sad event.

RIP

Philip Seymour Hoffman Had 7 Days of Work Left on 'Mockingjay'
Sun, 02 February 2014 at 4:05 pm

Snipped:

The 46-year-old actor had completed the majority of his work for Mockingjay Part 1 and only had seventh days of filming left to go on Mockingjay Part 2 before his death, according to Deadline.

philip-seymour-hoffman-had-7-days-of-work-left-on-mockingjay.jpg

http://www.justjared.com/2014/02/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-had-7-days-of-work-left-on-mockingjay/

Tragic and heartbreaking.

Incredible talent that will be very missed. There's no one like him.

This is crushing! He literally grew up within walking distance of my place. We went to high schools in towns that touch borders. I'm stunned and really saddened for his family. :sigh:

I too have always liked him very much as an actor. And I was quite shocked to read that he was found dead in his bathroom with the needle still in his arm and a packet of heroin nearby.

Good Lord, this man had three small children! How very sad that with all his success in life he succumbed (once again, apparently) to addiction.

I'm wondering if he somehow got hold of some of the "killer heroin" that has killed over a dozen addicts in Western Pennsylvania over the past week? In any case, such a shame. So sad that three children will grow up without a father.

I read several empty packets in the trashcan. That many bags, and a couple different brands of heroin - makes me think it wasn't an accidental suicide but rather one done on purpose. This makes me so sad. :( he has 3 adorable children and what seems to be a wonderful recent ex & mother of his children. So very sad.

He was great in several movies. I recently enjoyed watching him in Catching Fire and I was anticipating seeing him in Mockingjay. I wonder how Mockingjay will change now.

More importantly, I'm sending sincere condolences to his children, family and friends. What a huge loss in the acting community.

This is crushing! He literally grew up within walking distance of my place. We went to high schools in towns that touch borders. I'm stunned and really saddened for his family. :sigh:

Me too! I feel so bad for his kids especially. Since he was supposed to pick them up this morning. Makes me wonder.... Did the kids not live with him? It has been reported that he has been with their mom for 15 years. :waitasec:

I haven't seen some of his movies, but liked him a lot in Almost Famous, The Talented Mr. Ripley and Hunger Games. So sad for his family.

Such an incredible talent, and one of the few actors of his generation whose work was consistently good. He will be missed.

R.I.P.

Rest in peace, Mr Hoffman. What an absolutely devastating loss to the film community. My sincere condolences to his friends and family, my thoughts are with them all.

Drug addiction is a horrible, horrible illness that ruins lives. So sad, and so preventable.

My FB feed has blown up with both sadness for his death, or with criticism for how he died. As someone who has had to deal firsthand with addiction, the latter makes me sad and angry. This talented man was clean and sober for over twenty years. He apparently relapsed over the last few years, and made the decision to go to rehab in order to "get over the hump", as some say. It is apparent that he was not able to. Not every recovering addict is a success story. Some will always have that urge, that need, and it can and will end like this. I don't know if he had mental health issues, but I do know, again, first-hand, that depression and bipolar disorder can and will cause a person to self medicate. Whatever caused this, I can only hope that he has found peace somehow. I feel horrible for his loved ones.

Such a huge loss, such a huge talent. Jim Carey's words made me cry, but those words are so very true for many people.

IMO.

A star winked out as we all slept last night , little did we know. With one dose too many a brilliant mind, actor, son, father, husband left us. I'm still n tears knowing there will b no more roles fatherhood marriage work or otherwise. Oh Phil how we will mourn n miss u.
A star winked out while we all peacefully slept,oblivious to the destruction anger hurt and loss we would all awake to. I'm still crying.

Clean for 23 years. :(

I'm afraid it was the bite of heroin. I watched the tv show Intervention for years and the one drug that bit and almost never let go was heroin. One addict said each time she shot up it was as if her whole body had an orgasm. As great as that felt the withdrawal of it was her worst pain in the world. Most users are addicted from their first use. My heart breaks for his loved ones. 23 years clean is a long time! RIP Phillip.

I'm shocked. I had no clue this was a ghost that haunted him. Steady, consistenttly brilliant, none of the scandal that has tainted so many others. Its an evil disease, that 23 years is no guarantee.

Also, that seen by his apartment is baffingly crass. What are they waiting for? What do they hope to see? His corpse? What's the point?

This seems so improbable. He was an addict only for s couple years at age twenty and suddenly,23 years later, he succumbs again?

I think whoever supplies people with this stuff should be charged with manslaughter.

One of my dearest friends is a heroin addict. Briliant, sensitive sweet person. Heroin gives him the love his mother never did. He's been an addict as long as I have known him but last year it became worse than ever. He lived in a studio behind me and I didn't see him for days and kept worrying that I would start to smell a body. Hes been in rehab now for 6 months but he's almost through and frankly, even though I always try to have hope, well....I'm not that optimistic about his chances out in the real world.

This ia a horridly evil disease.

Me too! I feel so bad for his kids especially. Since he was supposed to pick them up this morning. Makes me wonder.... Did the kids not live with him? It has been reported that he has been with their mom for 15 years. :waitasec:

When he came out of detox last year, he rented an apartment close to where his GF and kids lived.

In 2006, he told “60 Minutes” that he went to rehab and got sober when he was 22. Hoffman said he began using drugs after graduating from New York University's drama school in 1989. “It was all that (drugs and alcohol), yeah, it was anything I could get my hands on ... I liked it all,” he said then
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rtment-report-article-1.1599537#ixzz2sFLGUDx0

Um- I am not getting hubby verified- so take this how you wish. DH partied and went to school with Phillip in Fairport. I had a few beers with him back in the day myself. He had the above attitude long before 1989- he hit his bottom at 22. He was an amazing actor in high school too.

It was mentioned the relapse in 2012 started with prescription pills- then escalated to him snorting heroin. I am sure we will never know if that prescribing doctor was aware of his previous addiction to opiates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric
Back