Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead -- Dies of Apparent Overdose

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His poor kids. It's so not fair. I'm assuming they had a nanny who went with them or how could the mom let them go, knowing he was high the day before?

I think he was supposed to pick them up.

I think he was supposed to pick them up.

In some of these divorce cases involving the very wealthy, part of the terms of custody arrangements will e that the kids' nanny goes with them, to each parent's house. That can be crucial if one parent has an addiction or mental health issue. I hope that was the case here, because otherwise, mom knew dad was sick again.

I really hope they catch those you know whats with their cute little messenger bags, selling poison to a sick man. It really infuriates me that there are such vultures in our society who prey on the sick and weak.

I really hope they catch those you know whats with their cute little messenger bags, selling poison to a sick man. It really infuriates me that there are such vultures in our society who prey on the sick and weak.
RSBM

Absolutely ! When I read about the two unidentified men with him when he (PSH) made withdrawals from the ATM, my flesh kind of crawled. People who enable others when they know it could kill them.

Hoffman leaves a 10 year-old son, and two girls, 6 and 8. Frankly, I believe his drug relapse in May was a ploy to set him up for his murder. Perhaps the doctor was involved at the start earlier in the year. No one on this forum has mentioned that there was a hoax about Hoffman's death on Friday, Jan. 31st, and the actor's representatives had to deny he was dead. That was Saturday, Feb. 1st. (Source: Daily Mail) Twenty-four hours later he really was dead. Even Whoopi Goldberg mentioned the hoax in her 'celebrity tweet' - which is now being omitted from almost all the news stories. How can we know the motive for killing him? Some stars get on a black list, and there is a criminal element in Hollywood. It is so believable that he OD's on heroin, given his history, which he was honest about sharing. Perfect set-up, and I am sure his death will be the subject of much speculation for years to come. Maybe nobody caught the detail that the heroin bags in the apartment were stamped with the 'brands' Ace of Spades and Ace of Clubs, and a NYC police source said that particular kind of heroin hasn't been on the streets at all since 2008. So the killers may have 'telegraphed' it was a 'hit' in this way, in order to threaten others like Hoffman who may be tempted to buck the money boys also. This was not an accident, and it was not suicide.

As far as the hoax being a precurser of sorts, to his being murdered is IMO, baseless.. Celebrities are continually being falsely rumored as dead even tho, many of them are alive and well and do not even have drug addictions.. Sadly its just a fact of life in this day and time with the 24/7/365 internet/media..

Paul Walker is one of the most recent cases where he had coincidentally had a death hoax floated about him the very same week he died.. Just as the PR statement was becoming clear that he was alive, well, and it was in fact a hoax..no sooner than he actually did die..

PSH may have been murdered(tho, I personally do not believe that's the case)..but the fact that he'd just been the recent subject of a death hoax is certainly not an indicator of homicide..

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

Only movie I saw him in was Twister...... I loved his character in that one.

He was the spoiled rich punk, George Willis in Scent of a Woman. Love that movie.

RSBM

Absolutely ! When I read about the two unidentified men with him when he (PSH) made withdrawals from the ATM, my flesh kind of crawled. People who enable others when they know it could kill them.

I'm with ya', but these guys weren't enabling him, they were actually profiting off his illness!

NYPD arrests 4 suspected heroin dealers in Hoffman death probe

New York City cops investigating the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman arrested four suspected heroin dealers Tuesday night.

An NYPD spokesman confirmed to Fox News that officers raided three apartments at 302 Mott Street, in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan and said that charges were pending. The New York Post reported that officers had received a tip that the dealer who sold Hoffman heroin was at that address.

Law enforcement sources told the Post that about 350 glassine envelopes with what appeared to be heroin inside were found during the raid. However, the Post also reported that the bags did not have the "Ace of Spades" stamp found on the glassines in Hoffman's apartment, and none of the four confessed to dealing to the actor.

The Post identified those arrested as Robert Vineberg, 57, Thomas Kushman, 48, Max Rosenblum, 22, and Juliana Luchkiw, also 22. Vineburg and Kushman were charged with felony drug possession, while Rosenblum and Luchkiw were charged with misdemeanor drug possession.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...oin-dealers-in-connection-with-hoffman-death/

Man! That was fast!!!

If he was going around saying that he was going to eventually OD kinda sounds to me like "slow suicide" just waiting for the fatal injection to kick in.

Was flipping through channels and stopped on JVM to see what was on. They said poice have found his personal journal. I imagine that would be one sad read. jmo

February 5, 2014 at 10:14 am

Heroin addiction hits hard across Michigan

Ursula Watson/The Detroit News

Sunday’s death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman from an apparent heroin overdose underscores a disturbing trend in Michigan and across the U.S.

Use of the illegal drug has skyrocketed in five years, as an alternative to higher-priced prescription drugs. And heroin has gotten more lethal, as it’s mixed with dangerous additives.

“It is horrible that someone like Hoffman died, but this is commonplace,” said Lou Katranis of Oakland County, who lost his 21-year-old son, Christopher, to a heroin overdose four years ago.

“I go to a lot of meetings, I speak at treatment centers and we barely flinch, because it happens so often.” Katranis also has battled drug and alcohol addiction...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140205/METRO08/302040127#ixzz2sZ8vaXMF

Philip Seymour Hoffman's drug overdose death ruled an accident

Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, who was found dead in his New York apartment on Feb. 2, died of an accidental overdose of drugs, the New York City Chief Medical Examiner said on Friday.

The cause of death was acute drug intoxication, including heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines and amphetamine, according to Julie Bolcer, spokeswoman for the Medical Examiner's Office.

No other details were immediately available.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...ffman-cause-of-death-20140228,0,5240493.story

I saw it on the news not too long ago. IT is sad. Really sad.

My opinion only, and I should say I have known and still do know too many, this was his intention. The struggle became painful. I hope he felt he fulfilled his role here, he did do many great and good things, even if he did not know it. :rose:

I don't think it was deliberate. I think that it was accidental.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back