Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead -- Dies of Apparent Overdose

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What's also sad is that he was shooting up, and due to pick up his kids after. Putting the, in danger, perhaps?

Philip Seymour Hoffman death: Police investigating possible drug buy at ATM

NEW YORK – Investigators are trying to track down surveillance video at a bank where a man told cops he witnessed what he believed was Philip Seymour Hoffman buying drugs from two men the night before his death.

A man told police he saw the actor withdraw large amounts of cash at an ATM at a bank near Hoffman's West Village apartment at about 8pm Saturday night. He said he saw Hoffman hand over the cash and appear to purchase drugs from two men, both wearing messenger bags, who appeared to be working together.

The man told cops Hoffman looked "very sweaty" and "like s**t."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...olice-investigating-possible-drug-buy-at-atm/

Hoffman leaves a 10 year-old son, and two girls, 6 and 8. Frankly, I believe his drug relapse in May was a ploy to set him up for his murder. Perhaps the doctor was involved at the start earlier in the year. No one on this forum has mentioned that there was a hoax about Hoffman's death on Friday, Jan. 31st, and the actor's representatives had to deny he was dead. That was Saturday, Feb. 1st. (Source: Daily Mail) Twenty-four hours later he really was dead. Even Whoopi Goldberg mentioned the hoax in her 'celebrity tweet' - which is now being omitted from almost all the news stories. How can we know the motive for killing him? Some stars get on a black list, and there is a criminal element in Hollywood. It is so believable that he OD's on heroin, given his history, which he was honest about sharing. Perfect set-up, and I am sure his death will be the subject of much speculation for years to come. Maybe nobody caught the detail that the heroin bags in the apartment were stamped with the 'brands' Ace of Spades and Ace of Clubs, and a NYC police source said that particular kind of heroin hasn't been on the streets at all since 2008. So the killers may have 'telegraphed' it was a 'hit' in this way, in order to threaten others like Hoffman who may be tempted to buck the money boys also. This was not an accident, and it was not suicide.

First, I have two friends who have had adult children who died of heroin overdose. One had just gotten out of rehab the day before, the other was to go into rehab the next day and apparently wanted to have one last party.

With the amount of heroin (49 packets total) and used syringes (numerous) found at the scene of Mr. Hoffman's death, I do not think this usage was anything recent. When was he supposed to have last been in rehab and for how long?

It does sound like he got hold of the same type of heroin that has killed 20-some people in Western Pennsylvania over the past week.

As for blaming a doctor who prescribed opiates to him, don't even try to go there. Doctors are not mind readers, they ask for a medical history. If you don't reveal you have a history of substance abuse issues there is no way for them to know it.

As an aside, I have a relative who has suffered from a chronic pain condition for almost 15 years now as a result of a horrible motor vehicle accident. In order to be functional, he has been taking prescribed oral morphine (MS Contin) for all these years. Contrary to so much of the literature, he does not seem to have developed a tolerance to it and his dosage has not increased at all over the years. He does have a prescription for Percocet to use for "breakthrough" pain, but says he only rarely needs to take any Percocet.
I have been around him at times when his pain is increased and you can tell by his body movements and the look on his face that his pain level is up. It is usually based on activity level. But the bottom line is - no big increase in need for pain meds as the years have passed. Also, he states he does not "get high" from it, that it just gives him relief from pain.

Secondly, I attended my late husband throughout his 14 month battle with a cancer that metastasized to his spinal column. He was in quite a bit of pain for his final months. Why? Because the higher doses of oxycodone made him hallucinate and "feel really weird" and he didn't like that feeling.

In some ways, these experiences have led me to re-examine the "addiction is an illness" theory.

-----------------

Hitchhiker: Your theory is preposterous. I agree it is a sad coincidence about the death hoax the day before his death, but these "Hollywood death hoaxes" have been around for a long, long time. Going back to the "Paul is dead" hoax when Paul McCartney was in the Beatles.

The stamp on the heroin is just that - a stamp. The lethal heroin (a mixture of heroin and fentanyl) that is out there in several cities right now has numerous name stamps.

This article talks about Pennsylvania and other states where the lethal mixture has shown up:
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...-arrested-in-heroin-bust/stories/201401310142

Deeply saddened and surprised I might ad to hear of PSH passing.Tragic loss. He was brilliant as Truman Capote. Epic performance IMO. I really enjoyed all his work. RIP. You will be truly missed.

Hoffman leaves a 10 year-old son, and two girls, 6 and 8. Frankly, I believe his drug relapse in May was a ploy to set him up for his murder. Perhaps the doctor was involved at the start earlier in the year. No one on this forum has mentioned that there was a hoax about Hoffman's death on Friday, Jan. 31st, and the actor's representatives had to deny he was dead. That was Saturday, Feb. 1st. (Source: Daily Mail) Twenty-four hours later he really was dead. Even Whoopi Goldberg mentioned the hoax in her 'celebrity tweet' - which is now being omitted from almost all the news stories. How can we know the motive for killing him? Some stars get on a black list, and there is a criminal element in Hollywood. It is so believable that he OD's on heroin, given his history, which he was honest about sharing. Perfect set-up, and I am sure his death will be the subject of much speculation for years to come. Maybe nobody caught the detail that the heroin bags in the apartment were stamped with the 'brands' Ace of Spades and Ace of Clubs, and a NYC police source said that particular kind of heroin hasn't been on the streets at all since 2008. So the killers may have 'telegraphed' it was a 'hit' in this way, in order to threaten others like Hoffman who may be tempted to buck the money boys also. This was not an accident, and it was not suicide.

Interesting post. Are you saying that you think PSH was forced to inject himself with heroin, or that he did it willingly, without knowing that the heroin itself was... a "brand" that is... more lethal than others? Isn't all heroin dangerous? And who would be the mastermind behind the very elaborate plan leading to his "staged" accidental overdose? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand your post a bit better. To me, it seems as if PSH truly did accidentally overdose. Very tragic- addiction is a horrible, vile disease. It is heartbreaking that he was clean for 23 years. Addiction is not a choice... it is a disease, and it can effect anyone. It does not discriminate. May he rest in peace. :(

From the link:

Hoffman is succeeded by his girlfriend, costume designer Mimi O'Donnell, their son, Cooper and two daughters, Tallulah and Willa.

From articles I've read, he seemed to be alone. Thank goodness his poor kids didn't find him with the needle in his arm. :(

JVM talked about Mr. Hoffman on her show tonight and said his girlfriend knew he was doing drugs again and she threw him out.

When was he supposed to have last been in rehab and for how long?

As for blaming a doctor who prescribed opiates to him, don't even try to go there. Doctors are not mind readers, they ask for a medical history. If you don't reveal you have a history of substance abuse issues there is no way for them to know it.

rsbm: He went to detox- not rehab. And I blamed no one- I stated we wil never know if PSH disclosed his addiction or not.

CBS evening news tonight said Hoffmans apartment was double locked from the inside. jmo

What's amazing to me is that there are some people who do heroine, and you'd never even know it. They seem completely "normal". I've seen it with my own eyes.

(Slightly O/T, but is there a discussion/support thread here on WS for people with alcoholics in their families? I'm in the middle of a serious intervention and could use some advice. Thanks!)

Sad news.
I will not point a finger at PSH as I've battled obesity since I gave birth to my second child. My height is 5 ft. and my weight is 196 lbs. I don't care who knows but I am planning to talk to my doctor about stomach removal surgery, since my insurance won't help with payments without a doctor's referral.
Helpful people relatives or others say "Just stop eating". Another friend says alcoholism is much easier to recover from, than overeating. I'm not a drinker simply because my body doesn't tolerate more than one drink if that much ... one drink can cause massive headaches. That's alot of fun. :p
My husband and children love the pies, cakes, cookies , etc. that I make for them. I just need to not eat any of it. Sometimes it's like being an alcoholic and STILL having to bartend or mix up drinks for someone's party.
Sorry for the rant......

Reading some of the comments on certain msm sites about this fine actor made me upset. I know what it's like to struggle with addiction and lose. Maybe PSH had depression or memories from which there was no escape ?

Don't cast stones unless you are perfect yourself.

I read the hoax info too and was surprised it wasn't mentioned more often in MSM. My first thought was, that couldn't be "just coincidence." I thought maybe the hoax led him to a darker state of mind which might have led to a purposeful OD.

But I certainly don't discount the possibility of homicide. Apparently, LE hasn't discounted it either. Waiting to see more in MSM.

Moo.

(Slightly O/T, but is there a discussion/support thread here on WS for people with alcoholics in their families? I'm in the middle of a serious intervention and could use some advice. Thanks!)

You may want to look in the basement jury room.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229259"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

HTH

:dunno: This is sounding more and more like suicide to me. 70 bags of heroin? :waitasec: He had to know that would kill him.

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at 46: Actor had 70 bags of heroin, prescription drugs in home

Philip Seymour Hoffman turned his West Village apartment into a drug den.

Seventy glassine baggies of heroin packed for individual sale — at least 50 of them unopened — were discovered in the $10,000-a-month rental where the Oscar-winning actor was found dead Sunday with a needle stuck in his left arm, sources said.

Some of the envelopes had the words “Ace of Spades” written on them, and others were stamped with the name “Ace of Hearts.” Both are brands of heroin that are often cut with a powerful pain reliever called fentanyl, and have become a plague in Pennsylvania, where they were used in 22 overdose deaths.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...xpected-today-article-1.1600477#ixzz2sM8XwfY8

Philip Seymour Hoffman -- 'I Know I'm Gonna Die'

Philip Seymour Hoffman was on a heroin binge 6 weeks before he died, and told friends he feared he was destined to fatally OD ... TMZ has learned.

Sources Hoffman confided in tell us ... back in December Hoffman told them he had started injecting himself with heroin and couldn't kick it. Hoffman said he would kick it for a few days and then fall off the wagon.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/04/philip-seymour-hoffman-dies-dead-heroin-aa/#ixzz2sMF8TkiA

His poor kids. It's so not fair. I'm assuming they had a nanny who went with them or how could the mom let them go, knowing he was high the day before?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back