Pictures of the Karr Family Christmas of 1996 Have Been Found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chrishope said:
Thanks dragonfly.

I may as well state that I lean to the RDI theory. I don't reject IDI completely, but it doesn't seem compelling to me.

So now, some are advancing the theory that JMK spent X-mass day with the family in Ala. (or GA) then X-Mass night, or early the morning of the 26th, the unemployed teacher spent his last few bucks flying to Boulder, waited all day for the Ramseys to go out at 4 or 4:30, then broke in the house, waited several hours, killed JBR in the basement after writing a ransom note, then flew back home.

What did he tell his wife after arriving home late on the 26th? "Oh, I couldn't sleep so I went for a long drive" ?

He was a control freak ... I doubt he told his wife anything about what he was doing when he wasn't home. I also doubt she would ask for fear of causing him to become angry.

angelwngs said:
~~~And remember JMK is the guy who 'ran into' a Boulder Colorado reporter at a Paris Sidewalk Cafe and made the connection thru him with Tracey.... What were the odds of that happening....

I've always told a relative of mine that she is a NUT Magnet.... Some folks just have that 'gift'....:crazy:

:D I have a bit of that "gift" myself

luvbeaches said:
No kidding. I don't think they're going to find that he was in Colorado. And it doesn't really matter if the ex can find pictures or not. She says he was there, which establishes his alibi, and the DA has to prove he wasn't and that he was in Colorado. Not to mention that they have to somehow connect him to JonBenet prior to the murder. He didn't just drop in and kill her. Where did they cross paths at before?

If the DNA doesn't match, then it's over. I will say, he's the first guy that seems to have gone willingly under the bus.

Was JonBenet in Atlanta at all in the preceding days of Christmas for any pagent related event? I thought I had read something along those lines, but it is all becoming a blur and I could be way wrong.

otto said:
He was a control freak ... I doubt he told his wife anything about what he was doing when he wasn't home. I also doubt she would ask for fear of causing him to become angry.

OK, but wouldn't she have told police that he'd disappeared late the 25th or early the 26th and was gone all day? I don't see much reason for her to give him a false alibi.

Is she really even giving him an alibi? She said she doesn't remember him being there in '96 but doesn't remember a Christmas when he was not there. Am I right?

Chrishope said:
Thanks dragonfly.

I may as well state that I lean to the RDI theory. I don't reject IDI completely, but it doesn't seem compelling to me.

So now, some are advancing the theory that JMK spent X-mass day with the family in Ala. (or GA) then X-Mass night, or early the morning of the 26th, the unemployed teacher spent his last few bucks flying to Boulder, waited all day for the Ramseys to go out at 4 or 4:30, then broke in the house, waited several hours, killed JBR in the basement after writing a ransom note, then flew back home.

What did he tell his wife after arriving home late on the 26th? "Oh, I couldn't sleep so I went for a long drive" ?
Chris I do not think the majority here or even in the media believe that this guy did it. I think more poeple are interested in why the DA focused on him enough to bring him here and what is the next card.
I suppose at this point anything is possible but I just do not see him as being the perp.

Did I read somewhere that JMK's wife gave an alibi way back when (near the crime)? If that's true, then it was when they were still married. And now that they're divorced and he's confessed, she has to stick with her original alibi?

Anyone have a source for her giving an alibi before (like in the 90's)?

HollywoodBound said:
Is she really even giving him an alibi? She said she doesn't remember him being there in '96 but doesn't remember a Christmas when he was not there. Am I right?

I thought she said she doesn't remember a Christmas when he wasn't there.

Chrishope said:
OK, but wouldn't she have told police that he'd disappeared late the 25th or early the 26th and was gone all day? I don't see much reason for her to give him a false alibi.

If she really remembers. Christmas with a control freak is not always a happy occassion because control freaks don't want anyone to be happy or celebrate anything that isn't about the control freak. Control freaks, in fact, make an effort to make happy occassions unhappy. Look at Scott Peterson. Furthermore, control freaks have a way of causing so much stress to the people around them that their memories become a blur. She may believe that her husband was home and maybe he said he had to go out of town to look for work and she doesn't remember, but without proof I'm inclined to believe the confessed killer.

Don't forget that what we've seen so far is video, not seperate prints. Maybe the new pic coming is a print.

Whatever, that mama is in the hot seat to produce since she is the one who mentioned he would be in pictures, Christmas ones I think. Bet she's feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders. Aren't you glad not to be in her shoes. Can you imagine. Awful!

Scandi

scandi said:
Don't forget that what we've seen so far is video, not seperate prints. Maybe the new pic coming is a print.

Whatever, that mama is in the hot seat to produce since she is the one who mentioned he would be in pictures, Christmas ones I think. Bet she's feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders. Aren't you glad not to be in her shoes. Can you imagine. Awful!

Scandi

I sure that she wants more than anything to distance herself from all of this and if she can prove that he was with her, then she can spare her children a life of hell.

dragonfly707 said:
Chris I do not think the majority here or even in the media believe that this guy did it. I think more poeple are interested in why the DA focused on him enough to bring him here and what is the next card.
I suppose at this point anything is possible but I just do not see him as being the perp.

Me either.

I think all they really want is to get a DNA test, that way they can eliminate him, or proscecute if they have a match. It was convienient that he had an outstanding warrant for the child *advertiser censored* in CA.

(I’m going to post this again from post 115)

I read somewhere that JMK was an original suspect until the wife claimed he was with her that Christmas morning.

Has anyone confirmed the first time she provided this alibi?

Also, her giving pics to the police without him there is leaving the door open for her own defense, not providing an alibi.

otto said:
If she really remembers. Christmas with a control freak is not always a happy occassion because control freaks don't want anyone to be happy or celebrate anything that isn't about the control freak. Control freaks, in fact, make an effort to make happy occassions unhappy. Look at Scott Peterson. Furthermore, control freaks have a way of causing so much stress to the people around them that their memories become a blur. She may believe that her husband was home and maybe he said he had to go out of town to look for work and she doesn't remember, but without proof I'm inclined to believe the confessed killer.

But then wouldn't the absence of the control freak, even for a day, have been a memorable relief? I'm inclined to believe an ex-wife who doesn't like the guy, and has no motive for lying. She can't even be afraid of him as he's in custody.

otto said:
Neither do I. I can't remember what I did on Christmas 2 years ago let alone 10.

I've almost finished reading the whole thread and although pictures of the 96 Christmas may have been found, it's completely meaningless if John is not in the pictures. Christmas pictures usually include opening presents all the way up to dinner in the evening and there have to be some pictures of John at some point during the day if he was there.
We took zero pictures this past Christmas. Does this mean I can't give my husband an alibi if I recall he was with us?

I could go back every year since we married and say where we were and who we were with. I would certainly recall a Christmas thast my husband was absent from the festivities!

Chrishope said:
But then wouldn't the absence of the control freak, even for a day, have been a memorable relief? I'm inclined to believe an ex-wife who doesn't like the guy, and has no motive for lying. She can't even be afraid of him as he's in custody.

Not really. I think that living with a control freak keeps people on edge even when the freak is absent. Didn't we read that one of his wives would run away to the cemetery (don't know how to spell that) to get away from him? That's a really extreme situation, if you ask me. She was afraid of him and having him out of the house only meant trying to make everything perfect so that when he returned he wouldn't blow.

Chrishope said:
Me either.

I think all they really want is to get a DNA test, that way they can eliminate him, or proscecute if they have a match. It was convienient that he had an outstanding warrant for the child *advertiser censored* in CA.

that pretty much sums it up....welcome Chrishope :)

Alibis are rarely accompanied with photographic evidence. I can tell you my husband washome last night but I cant prove it with photographs.

But in 1996 it required a photo ID matching the ticket to board an airplane and short of flying Mr Karr would have been gone from home a minimum of 50-60 hours. Driving time alone would have been 50 hours. It was a 3000 mile round trip.

otto said:
Not really. I think that living with a control freak keeps people on edge even when the freak is absent. Didn't we read that one of his wives would run away to the cemetery (don't know how to spell that) to get away from him? That's a really extreme situation, if you ask me. She was afraid of him and having him out of the house only meant trying to make everything perfect so that when he returned he wouldn't blow.

Well, maybe so, but it seems more likely to me that she'd remember if he were gone.

otto said:

wow, i must have missed that....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back