GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just wanted to come in with the notion that, as long as the abuse rumours remain unsubstantiated, that some people just by nature are more un-social or even, anti-social.

The fact that KN was more quiet and flat as a child may well have been his nature. Having experienced abuse - that is, abuse as the world-at-large classifies it, may not enter into the equation at all.
Now, KN may *perceive* he was abused, that may be how he experiences life in general. Addicts' natures are complex. Their personalities and what leads them to substance abuse are complicated.

This is so, so sad.

some peace, and strength and courage to the youngest brother.

This is kind of where I'm sort of landing on this, but there is a member here who has interacted with KN and at least one of his parents (and says that at least the mother was verbally abusive to him, as she recalled). Hard to tell with what we know at this time, whether or not abuse allegations made by KN would really pass the smell test; there was an investigation which appeared to conclude that the charges were (legally) unfounded. This is an assumption on my part since there doesn't seem to be anything searchable saying that the charges had merit. Maybe Kyle was a particularly difficult child, even without the drug addiction, and his parents were terribly ill-equipped to deal with him (as so many of us are). My own parents would have been considered abusive of my 5 siblings and me-but none of us ever attempted murder...). I guess in the days to come, we'll see what additional information is forthcoming. Don't be surprised if his lawyers mount a defense that claims years of abuse, and that he had ptsd

What boggles my mind is what in the world prompted JN to ask Kyle this question? If he had called or texted his wife w/o a response, why would he assume that Kyle hurt her? There's something missing from what has been released IMO. That series of texts, ala "did you hurt mom?," "I'm not going home til I know mom is okay" and "you're setting me up" are too bizarre.

What prompted Jeffrey Navin to believe that Jeanette had been harmed? How did he know?

Well, maybe the answer lies in some of the 85-some-odd phone calls? I mean, maybe there was a big conflict before she arrived and he knew she was about to confront Kyle about something, and maybe he had a very heated argument with his son during some of those calls..and then was unable to reach his wife for hours. Then he noticed that his son wasn't actually doing the route that maybe his mother was coming to help him with, and he figured, 1) I can't reach my wife, why? 2) My son is insanely angry, 3) Where is he, he says he's out with his mother picking up garbage on his route, but the garbage isn't being picked up --- what could he be up to?

I agree it is bizarre, especially the comment about going home and being framed for murder - it's almost as if he knew the son had been to his house.

I guess hindsight is 20/20, but I was looking over the original timeline and early LE interviews, and Easton police were awfully cavalier about the Navins' disappearance for the first week. How many people pick up and leave on vacation without telling anyone at work that they are not going to be coming in for work that would have to be restaffed -- like garbage pick-ups?

http://www.thewestonforum.com/55644...alleged-murder-of-jeanette-and-jeffrey-navin/

While moving debris, K property owner disturbed a pile of brush and leaves, which he distributed over the property. The debris contained a blue tarp with silver duct tape. When the debris was moved, the contents of the tarp were revealed, and K property owner observed what appeared to be human bones.

Also on the property was an object consisting of plastic contractor bags taped together which too had been disturbed by the machine.

two bags taped together. not...dismembered or butchered as news reports have claimed here and there in headlines.
but

ugh. Its still too horrible
:-(

I wonder if there was something KN said to JN to make him think something was wrong with his wife to lure JN somewhere and ambushed him. I think that much more will come out about this.

From the text where JN questions his son about doing something to his mother, JN must have had some suspicions about his son and his intent towards his parents!

I wonder if there was something KN said to JN to make him think something was wrong with his wife to lure JN somewhere and ambushed him. I think that much more will come out about this.

From the text where JN questions his son about doing something to his mother, JN must have had some suspicions about his son and his intent towards his parents!

Good point; maybe KN told him he had to get home because, "mom isn't feeling well" or something like that -- which made JN suspicious when he couldn't reach her on her cell phone or on her home phone. Maybe that's why the texts, about "not going home until I know mom is OK".

Well, maybe the answer lies in some of the 85-some-odd phone calls? I mean, maybe there was a big conflict before she arrived and he knew she was about to confront Kyle about something, and maybe he had a very heated argument with his son during some of those calls..and then was unable to reach his wife for hours. Then he noticed that his son wasn't actually doing the route that maybe his mother was coming to help him with, and he figured, 1) I can't reach my wife, why? 2) My son is insanely angry, 3) Where is he, he says he's out with his mother picking up garbage on his route, but the garbage isn't being picked up --- what could he be up to?

I agree it is bizarre, especially the comment about going home and being framed for murder - it's almost as if he knew the son had been to his house.

oh yes. absolutely. 85 ! calls and texts!!!!
Maybe the person at the westport transfer station who observed JN was yelling at on the phone... and it was both their phone machines trying to get them to pick up.
Your comment about thinking he had been at the house. I truly think KN was trying to lure him there.
We know KN had been there about two times by 1:00 had JN seen the truck?

To reply to other posts you made ( thanks BTW)
I think The state of CT together has worked together pretty well, but as far as Easton goes it was very strange. Maybe departments are territorial but the news did not emphasize westport /weston family. As they truly were their entire lives. Lived and WOrked in both towns. The widespread news was an Easton Family and easton investigation. widespread news was their legal financial problems actually.
It wasn't on people's radar that much, Weston was not that involved. And clearly people were not searching their properties for their neighbors. I do not drive that way but it is very close to everything. Hardly deeply hidden at all really.

:-( horrendous. Honestly they were so close to the center, that if search/ cadaver dogs were at the Police station here in Weston they might have even been able to do what ever the dogs do. React? bark? signal?
Definitely if they had search dogs at the school where JN worked - where the back entrance nearly marks the spot where her body was placed. Really such a very short distance from there. it is so shocking.

May Both J and J rest in peace soon, now and forever.

Taxes in Bridgeport are higher than in our towns as well. 2014 tax bill was over $7,000 for that property.

:-( horrendous. Honestly they were so close to the center, that if search/ cadaver dogs were at the Police station here in Weston they might have even been able to do what ever the dogs do. React? bark? signal?
Definitely if they had search dogs at the school where JN worked - where the back entrance nearly marks the spot where her body was placed. Really such a very short distance from there. it is so shocking.

May Both J and J rest in peace soon, now and forever.

I'll have to look at the map -- the location where they were found was close to the police station and just feet away from the school? :shocked2:

Taxes in Bridgeport are higher than in our towns as well. 2014 tax bill was over $7,000 for that property.

I think that's true in all of the cities in CT because of the low tax base. My taxes in New Haven were insane!

I don't find it odd that KN's house was in Bridgeport. It's one of the more "affordable" areas that is close by. I don't know when his parents purchased the house - before or after he started using drugs - but I can't imagine they would be dropping several hundred thousand dollars to buy him a house in Weston, Westport, Fairfield, etc., drug addict or not. I'd like to think it was his parents trying to launch him into adulthood by helping him get a starter home... Bridgeport has a bad reputation around here, but there are some decent neighborhoods.

And I'll bet a large part of JN did not want to believe his own flesh and blood could hurt his own mom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's gotta be the reason. Denial, disbelief.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

They purchased it on January 11, 2012. The sellers took a loss as they paid $288,400 in 2007. It is a nice size house with over 2,000 square feet and it is technically located in the Brooklawn neighborhood of Bridgeport which is quite lovely. A few streets away, however, is the West End which is full of crime. We also purchased in 2012 when the market had bottomed out and have been fortunate to see our home's value appreciate as the economy has stabilized. It was a smart investment move on the Navin's part and considering the mess with the Guilford home's foreclosure...putting it in the son's name could have had something to do with that as well. Just a thought, what if the parents wanted to live in the house after they sold their Weston home? The son wasn't paying the taxes or mortgage so they technically owned it, just wondering who put it on the market? That event seemed to light the fuse.

What date did they purchase it for him?

http://www.thewestonforum.com/55644...alleged-murder-of-jeanette-and-jeffrey-navin/

all through section 22. Shows discussions of JV's role with regard to drugs. this document was the warrant for weapons and drug charges which KN was charged with in Sept.

She definitely was the experienced heroin user, IMO. She told him how much to do, told him to let her know when he did it, told him how much xanax he could take, etc. It sounds like she monitored him to make sure he didn't OD.

Thinking more about Jeffrey Navin's weird text messages asking whether KN had "hurt mom." I'm starting to think maybe mom was texting dad while she was with Kyle doing the trash run (that part of the story is true, right, that she went with Kyle to do trash?). And maybe she was clandestinely texting and/or calling to JN "Im afraid of Kyle, he's acting strange"...or not taking her home which perhaps she had requested, or something like that...something indicating alarm, so that when Jeffrey then could not reach Jeanette, he had already been clued in that something was amiss. Just speculating...

Thinking more about Jeffrey Navin's weird text messages asking whether KN had "hurt mom." I'm starting to think maybe mom was texting dad while she was with Kyle doing the trash run (that part of the story is true, right, that she went with Kyle to do trash?). And maybe she was clandestinely texting and/or calling to JN "Im afraid of Kyle, he's acting strange"...or not taking her home which perhaps she had requested, or something like that...something indicating alarm, so that when Jeffrey then could not reach Jeanette, he had already been clued in that something was amiss. Just speculating...

I think her phone was powered off in b'port for the last time at 8: 20 something. when she made a call. I wonder what she said during that last call?
KN was seen in easton at 9;11 on video.
Was it going hermessages? or stating disconnected?
I am sure she would always/ usually answer his calls( especially as things were so bad with KN) I'm sure he was frantic.
Can you imagine?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey
Back