GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully snipped by me. I agree -- I have no idea about whether he was abused or not, but if it weren't for his own personal limitations and drug addiction, it would have been a very simple matter to get his parents to leave him alone. All he would have had to do is achieve financial independence and find a job for himself instead of having one handed to him -- something most adults do. He didn't have to accept their money for the house, and he didn't have to join the business. Those were his choices.

Yep :-( true story
Most of us strive to get our kids to be independent.
God bless all our kids.
I wonder if kn had ever been in rehab?

Without proof, I do not think I can blame or victimize the victims (the parents) about abuse. I have a son that is 16 and has been quite the handful for me since he was about 12. I have done everything in my power to try to teach him right-from-wrong. He is bound and determined right at this moment that I am the worst mom on the planet. Why? Because I try to "control" him. :rolleyes: His idea of control is that I will not allow him to drive his car without me (he only has a learner's permit), I will not allow him to buy cigarettes, I make him go to school, and I have the FindMyIphone app on his phone. Most of what he thinks is me controlling him is my refusal to allow him to do things that are illegal. He has told his friends that I am basically abusive because I am "controlling". He will tell anyone that listens that I do not want him in my house because "he is not good enough". Now, just 2 months ago, he was my little knight. He was kind, we had a great relationship, and we worked together. Teens are tough!

I do not know what went on behind closed doors in the Navin's house. However, to me, it seems that this "guy" just didn't adjust to well when it came to making good decisions on his own. I do not believe that his parents deserved what happened to them. This story just plain makes me sad. :(

I had similar DS. He's almost 19 now and in college and working. Did a 180. Just one day he was grown and saw what he wanted (money for the things he likes: clothes, electronics, etc) and what he needed to do to get what he wanted (work and work at college to get a better job down the line). So keep with it, it will turn around. You are doing right and your DS is just trying to get what he wants with manipulation.

Sad to come on here and see the Navin's had been found like this. I was so hoping and trying to believe they ran off.

Drugs. That's how it happens. IMO

Exactly. It may have started with with the pain killers, became an addict, became dependent on his enabler girlfriend. Unfortunately, the parents were unknowingly enabling him as well and when they threatened to withdraw financial support, he killed them.

The girlfriend's role is the only unknown.

The house was listed for sale on April 17, 2015 and taken off the market just weeks later on May 4th. Listing price was $210,000. It was purchased in 2012 for $125,000.

Interesting. that makes a lot more sense. About the realtor being there in April knowing about the condition of the basement.
It also explains KNs text to jv about a plan where "they could keep the house" and proceeds from Weston about Jand j refuse.
also that would be 3 years of taxes if he didn't pay since 2012.
Taxes in ct are due in July ( at least here in Weston) I wonder if that's how he owes 133,000 comes from. 122,000 plus taxes.

The house was listed for sale on April 17, 2015 and taken off the market just weeks later on May 4th. Listing price was $210,000. It was purchased in 2012 for $125,000.

What date did they purchase it for him?

Exactly. It may have started with with the pain killers, became an addict, became dependent on his enabler girlfriend. Unfortunately, the parents were unknowingly enabling him as well and when they threatened to withdraw financial support, he killed them.

The girlfriend's role is the only unknown.

Initially there were txt PDFs released which details jv leaving h out on the bureau for KN and instructing him to txt when he starts and stops. I can't seem to find that now.
To me it felt like kn was not a long time or experienced user of H.
Maybe someone can find it.

As far as buying him a house in a crappy neighborhood- they were under no obligation to buy him a house period. Maybe KN chose that neighborhood because it put him in the perfect place to satisfy his addiction. Plus, in the video I have seen of the neighborhood, the house looks nice and the neighbor's appear normal enough."

re read the thread and my posts - I also didn't say a house in a crappy neighborhood - I said a bad town.
I know Bport very well my husband grew up there. Everyone questioned why kn ended up there.

Definitely true people survive all sorts of abuse and go on to overcome it.
Some people don't fare so well.

some people become other things. Addicts. Murderers.
Who knows! I do know there's no reason to attack me.
Lord knows no one deserves to be murdered. And my thought of both j and j (whom I know) looking at their son (who I also know) fall apart and look into his eyes as he killed them breaks my heart.

How does that happen.?

I did not attack you. You have made accusations of abuse against people who were murdered by their own son and cannot defend themselves and actions/ or decisions. If the entire town of Bridgeport is bad news, wouldn't that make KN's neighborhood bad too?

I'm 33 and if my parents gave me over 100k, even as a loan, for a home I'd build a freakin shrine to them ffs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not attack you. You have made accusations of abuse against people who were murdered by their own parents and cannot defend themselves and actions/ or decisions. If the entire town of Bridgeport is bad news, wouldn't that make KN's neighborhood bad too?

Sorry, I think I started the Bridgeport talk. Bridgeport has a poor reputation in CT, as does, to a lesser extent, New Haven (where I lived) and Hartford. There are nice pockets in all of those towns, but normally someone who grew up in Fairfield county wouldn't consider those towns, rightly or wrongly. I idly wondered aloud about why he chose Bridgeport over some of the New Haven County towns (Orange, Milford, West Haven) that would still have been affordable and commutable to Westport because I did wonder if it was to have access to drugs. After having "walked around" on google maps, I think his neighborhood was nice, unlikely to have been drug infested, and may have just been chosen because it was affordable. I think this is something that Mork suggested a way back -- that he looked like he was doing well for himself to even have a house in CT at all at 27.

As to the putative abuse... it's more than a rumor started by Mork, it's in the affidavits, there was a DCF investigation, though I agree that one person's "verbal/emotional abuse" could be another person's tough love.

My one question for all of this is that if JN asked if Kyle hurt his mom, why didn't he call the police? I wonder if there would have been just one victim if he had. There has to be a reason why he didn't call. This story is heartbreaking.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm 33 and if my parents gave me over 100k, even as a loan, for a home I'd build a freakin shrine to them ffs!!!

Me too and I'm older than that ;-)

My one question for all of this is that if JN asked if Kyle hurt his mom, why didn't he call the police? I wonder if there would have been just one victim if he had. There has to be a reason why he didn't call. This story is heartbreaking.

I've been wondering that, too. Maybe he was feeling so much fear and tension and wanted so badly for it not to be true, that he just wanted to answer the question by getting over there super-stat and reassuring himself that everything was OK. Maybe he thought the police wouldn't respond because he had no evidence and would sound silly saying, "my wife has not answered her phone for a few hours, I think my son killed her," since they wouldn't have the full context of his addiction. Maybe he didn't want to get his son arrested on a drug charge if his son truly didn't harm Jeanette?

My one question for all of this is that if JN asked if Kyle hurt his mom, why didn't he call the police? I wonder if there would have been just one victim if he had. There has to be a reason why he didn't call.

I think because a father would need to have proof before he'd report his son to police for murdering his mother. If his suspicions weren't true, his relationship with his son would over for sure and his wife would be furious with him too.

And I'll bet a large part of JN did not want to believe his own flesh and blood could hurt his own mom

I did not attack you. You have made accusations of abuse against people who were murdered by their own son and cannot defend themselves and actions/ or decisions. If the entire town of Bridgeport is bad news, wouldn't that make KN's neighborhood bad too?

From Hartford courant

"At one point, the state Department of Children and Families opened a case file because Jeffrey Navin had been "emotionally and verbally" abusive toward his son, the affidavit states. There is no reference to when the DCF investigation occurred or the outcome."

And I'll bet a large part of JN did not want to believe his own flesh and blood could hurt his own mom

Yes, and also frantic to find his wife as he talked about 'did you hurt Mom' ie may have hoped she was hurt but still alive.

I think this more than anything ^.
He figured he would diffuse the situation and why involve the police and risk having KN busted for drugs. He would need to hire an attorney, lots of $$$, and surely...it would shame the family when word spreads like wildfire.

Even with the texts about "hurting mom"...I still don't believe JN in his wildest dreams would have imagined this.

R

It could be that KN had threatened (to his father) to physically hurt his mother many times before. He may have used this as a scare tactic to get his own way. Maybe his dad thought he was only bluffing?

What boggles my mind is what in the world prompted JN to ask Kyle this question? If he had called or texted his wife w/o a response, why would he assume that Kyle hurt her? There's something missing from what has been released IMO. That series of texts, ala "did you hurt mom?," "I'm not going home til I know mom is okay" and "you're setting me up" are too bizarre.

What prompted Jeffrey Navin to believe that Jeanette had been harmed? How did he know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed
Back