GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
~snip

A family member of Valiante said he was “not shocked” by the allegations against Valiante, whose father also worked in the sanitation business—as the weighmaster of the Westport Recycling Center.

The relative, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said drug abuse was “ubiquitous” in Valiante’s family and that “Jennifer had a drug problem for a long time.”

“I’m disgusted over this,” the family member told The Daily Beast. “I’m not surprised, but saddened. When you have an entire family unit like that, what do you do? It’s like going into a pack of wild dogs and trying to tame one of them, while the rest of them are tearing you apart.”

Good article. More at link: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ter_page&account=thedailybeast&medium=twitter

[video=twitter;661181575560896512]https://twitter.com/johncraven1/status/661181575560896512[/video]

This is a good question. College application process around here ( everywhere) it is literally CRAZY. Kids counsellors parents it's out of control. Very competitive and with honors courses there is grade inflation so actually the highest cumulative gpa is actually 4.50 not 4:0
So that's a B average.
Plus SAT.
Families often completely disregard the school's advice and then really don't get in places. Places that are appropriate for the child to be successful. Uconn is very hard to get into within the state really- I wonder if it was even on his list. He probably got some funding to go there. Who knows really. College guidance is a nasty business. Having gone through this process many times with my kids and friends etc I ll tell you I would rather have surgery without anesthesia. Not a baby cause that would mean another college process.

That article makes me so sad because no where in that article does it state that he wanted to go into the Family business.
kN was pretty creative. The very last time I saw him he wanted to play music in a band. In that article ...He wanted to be a carpenter?
Now the family is dessimated.
This town is a wreck. Really could list some stories that would raise the hair on your neck. I told you a mom killed herself by lighting herself on fire in the middle of the little league baseball field where her sons played? This tiny town.

On the good side I guess CT finally appointed a head of DCf October 16 - there hasn't been one since 2006. No wonder.

I'll supply a link for that later.

Today should be a big day for kn and jv.

I, absolutely, agree with your account of the college application process. Having gone through this THREE times in recent years. I am not surprised that with a 3.3 GPA KN did not have better or more prestigious options. Even being a top athlete.
Universities are extremely selective and the process is cut throat. As far as playing on a college team, you really have to be the cream of the crop and be well rounded to be scouted.

I saw that. Oh My God
Can this get any worse?
Remember our first posts in this thread?

Sad. Sad. Sad.
What drives a kid to butcher parents.
I was hoping he just shot them and disposed of them. Butchering is an entirely different evil.

Can you say...delusional?!

http://www.thehour.com/news/weston/...cle_7e456d70-57a7-5155-947d-a61d05d083c8.html

Snip

During the course of the investigation, it was learned that Kyle Navin was employed in the family refuse business J & J Refuse. Investigators also determined that Kyle's residence at 142 Aldine Ave. in Bridgeport was purchased by Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin, in cash, for their son Kyle. The residence is in Kyle's name and a post-it-note in the business ledger labeled "Kyle owes" showed indebtedness in the amount of $133,000.

According to a series of May 14, 2015, text messages between Kyle and Valiante, he refers to a "blowout argument" between him and his father.

"I'm trying to get one positive thing out of today between all these (expletive) blowout argument in this (expletive) job that I can't take anymore with these trucks ... and he (Jeffrey) got all pissed off and saying all this (expletive) that I wasn't even listening to because I was trying not to punch him in the face and get arrested because if I do punch him I won't be able to stop," he allegedly wrote.
Jennifer pledged her alliance to Kyle and he responded, "We need to figure out what the best way to take them down whether it is get some money out of them somehow (expletive) him at the business the house something we got to figure out I'm got to be real smart and do it quick."

On July 8, the following text message exchange allegedly occurred between Kyle and Valiante in which Kyle apparently discusses what their lifestyle would be if they had access to his parents' money:

"'I really like that idea. That'll allow to stay in our house pay for a full top line remodel and a new garage. And have hundreds of thousands to buy my cummins and you a new car and enjoy life taking vacations, having fun with friends no stress no contact ever again with the bad people. Then we'll have the 200K credit union, Weston house and J&J profit. I've been thinking about it nonstop since yesterday. It would solve every single problem and give us a wealthy amazing life. Think about it little one," Kyle texted.

On July 14, Kyle allegedly texted to Jennifer:
"You know if they 'went away'...we could customize a nice Cummins 4 Door 5500 with a small 6 yeard packer and take over J&J. That way you me and the dogs can fit in truck.'

Rather have truck than parents. Feels entitled to everything they worked their whole lives for and 'taking vacations'. Disgusting and sad people can think this way.

I, absolutely, agree with your account of the college application process. Having gone through this THREE times in recent years. I am not surprised that with a 3.3 GPA KN did not have better or more prestigious options. Even being a top athlete.
Universities are extremely selective and the process is cut throat. As far as playing on a college team, you really have to be the cream of the crop and be well rounded to be scouted.

I was a professor and my husband currently professor, both of us at schools far exceeding Uconn for competitiveness. I am intimately familiar with admissions processes, having served on a committee with the admissions dean of my own university, which was located in CT. I also graduated from one of the better state schools as an out-of-state student. A 3.3 is not stellar...but it should have been enough for in-state at school like Uconn (not to play hockey, just to get in), which is much better than Penn. But even if Uconn wasn't on the table, private colleges that are smaller have a hard time filling teams with academically qualified students, so admissions standards are usually significantly lower for athletes (there was a fabulous article about that in the New Yorker that laid out the problem for smaller schools). That said, I'm not sure it really matters where he went to college. He obviously wasn't very academically committed, as evidenced by his dropping out after one semester. Also, for all I know, Penn is THE place for construction project management.

But does "butcher" just mean "cold-bloodedly murder" or does it actually mean "dismember"? :noooo:

I'm not sure. MSM will, sometimes, sensationalize the story (because just killing your parents and trashing their remains is not dramatic enough). Hopefully, once KN's affidavit is released, we will know more (ugh).

So while we're waiting for new news... some observations based on the affidavits

* It sounds like the Navins were planning to force KN to sell the Bridgeport house. Did you notice that they had some information from a realtor who had been over to look at the house for potential listing in April? He remembered that there was rug in the basement that is now missing, and also told investigators that some damage to a storm door had not been there in April.
* That certainly sheds light on the comment that KN made in his text that they could "keep the house" and do a renovation.
* The parents obviously lent him the money for the house, which was paid for in cash, and had some power over its disposition. It sounds like they may have had some sort of formal agreement with teeth (like a real note and contract) because otherwise, KN could have just blown them off.
* I found a small claim against KN for a bank loan that included the loan application. He claimed to have $4000/month in income; $3800 from his position at J&J and $200 from odd jobs. I get the impression that that was his after-tax income, which means his annual salary at J&J would have been around $70,000/year. If it was pre-tax dollars, his salary would have been more like $46,000/year. Either way that seems pretty generous to me for the work he was doing (and not doing).
* I get the impression that his girlfriend didn't work.
* I thought that in some of the text exchanges, it seemed like the girlfriend was much more focused on his relationship with his parents than on the money. It almost seemed to me like she was humoring him/not really paying attention to the threats (I don't know, yeah that would be nice) -- like she didn't really think something like this would happen, but that she thought these were sort of pie-in-the-sky ideas and she was more interested in soothing KN.
* Based on the timing and times on the texts, and based on the number of phone calls that Jeff N. made between 9 AM and 1:30 -- 85 total, "most" to KN, his wife, and their home number -- I think there were discussions that made JN increasingly suspicious in between the "where are you" texts and the "did you hurt mom" texts an hour or so later. It seems like JN suspected that KN was not on his garbage route, whereas KN kept pretending he was doing it -- JN may even have checked up on locations where KN may have claimed to have done pick-ups. I think that's why he started constantly trying to reach his wife and son and why the sudden, "did you hurt mom?" question.

So while we're waiting for new news... some observations based on the affidavits

* It sounds like the Navins were planning to force KN to sell the Bridgeport house. Did you notice that they had some information from a realtor who had been over to look at the house for potential listing in April? He remembered that there was rug in the basement that is now missing, and also told investigators that some damage to a storm door had not been there in April.
* That certainly sheds light on the comment that KN made in his text that they could "keep the house" and do a renovation.
* The parents obviously lent him the money for the house, which was paid for in cash, and had some power over its disposition. It sounds like they may have had some sort of formal agreement with teeth (like a real note and contract) because otherwise, KN could have just blown them off.
* I found a small claim against KN for a bank loan that included the loan application. He claimed to have $4000/month in income; $3800 from his position at J&J and $200 from odd jobs. I get the impression that that was his after-tax income, which means his annual salary at J&J would have been around $70,000/year. If it was pre-tax dollars, his salary would have been more like $46,000/year. Either way that seems pretty generous to me for the work he was doing (and not doing).
* I thought that in some of the text exchanges, it seemed like the girlfriend was much more focused on his relationship with his parents than on the money. It almost seemed to me like she was humoring him/not really paying attention to the threats (I don't know, yeah that would be nice) -- like she didn't really think something like this would happen, but that she thought these were sort of pie-in-the-sky ideas and she was more interested in soothing KN.
* Based on the timing and times on the texts, and based on the number of phone calls that Jeff N. made between 9 AM and 1:30 -- 85 total, "most" to KN, his wife, and their home number -- I think there were discussions that made JN increasingly suspicious in between the "where are you" texts and the "did you hurt mom" texts an hour or so later. It seems like JN suspected that KN was not on his garbage route, whereas KN kept pretending he was doing it -- JN may even have checked up on locations where KN may have claimed to have done pick-ups. I think that's why he started constantly trying to reach his wife and son and why the sudden, "did you hurt mom?" question.

bbm

And in some cases she seemed to be instigating and/or trying to get him to stand up/ man up to his parents. Specifically I am referring to the August 3rd texts. I sense she is angry at his parents on his behalf. Been there... (angry at an in-law on husband's behalf).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Aug-2015-**ARRESTS**&p=12157195#post12157195

The house was listed for sale on April 17, 2015 and taken off the market just weeks later on May 4th. Listing price was $210,000. It was purchased in 2012 for $125,000.

John Craven Outside arraignment, Valiante's lawyer insists she had nothing to do with Navins' murders.

Says texts detailed in warrant are a "fraction" of total exchanges & are out of context. Says must be evidence she participated in planning

I'm not sure. MSM will, sometimes, sensationalize the story (because just killing your parents and trashing their remains is not dramatic enough). Hopefully, once KN's affidavit is released, we will know more (ugh).

Seeing as they found the father in two bags, what's your guess?

#102 Of Jennifer affidavit says the body was intact so I think it was just a headline grabber for the reporter.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

IMO The mother was intact and wrapped in a tarp. The father was "butchered" and in trash bags.

"The arrest warrant for Valiante says Kyle Navin disposed of the bodies at the vacant Weston home of a former friend by using silver duct tape to wrap his mother in a blue tarp and putting his father in contractor bags after binding his legs with three-inch painter tape."

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...avin-girlfriend-arraigned-20151102-story.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back