GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe Jeanette really was supposed to ride with KN that morning to help him with his route, and then he killed her? I am a little shaky on the timeline, especially as it relates to all the phone calls, but maybe he had an argument with her and his father knew that (maybe she called Jeffrey and was upset)? I wonder who Jeff was on the phone with when he went to the transfer station. It sounds Kyle was pretending that his phone didn't work at some point.

Yes I think so . all of that.

I thought making this timeline would help me understand, but the "facts" are so convoluted. But since Kyle doesn't even understand his own timeline, it's kind of hard to decipher a timeline ... :thinking:

I just gathered info from these places. Please fix what I missed! I don't think I've ever spent this much time trying to figure out the half-truths. Anyone?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/10/us/connecticut-missing-couple-arres

http://foxct.com/2015/09/08/police-missing-easton-man-thought-son-was-framing-him-for-murder-on-day-he-and-his-wife-were-last-seen/

Red is for Kyle's statements and blue is for items that can be confirmed. Where is the truth? Somewhere in between.

August 4th

8:45 am Jeannette made 2 second call. IMHO likely going to voicemail
9:00 - 9:30 am Kyle and Jeannette meet up at approximately 9am according to Kyle
9:20 am Jeannette’s phone last registered at this time near Kyle’s home
No further registration from phone. Although several additional calls and texts were made to her phone.
10:30 am Kyle states he meets dad at nearby nursery and then heads home d/t back hurting

However at 10:20 am to 1:19 pm Kyle travels from:

Bridgeport to Westport to Easton, back to Westport, again to Easton and then finally back to Bridgeport where he remains until 3pm

12:30 pm Kyle states that he went to parents’ house in Easton to get paycheck and then went home and stayed there for several days ( which isn’t true, as he was caught on surveillance traveling the road)

12:43 pm approx. Text from Jeffrey “Did you hurt mom?”
Several texts in between
1:14 pm approx. The last text from Kyle - “I’m home. I left spot on the road for your truck to fit”

1:23 pm Last call made from Jeffrey’s phone and last recorded registration was by Kyle’s house

3pm Garbage truck caught on surveillance headed to parents’ home in Easton being followed by girlfriend’s car
3:30pm Girlfriend’s car headed back in direction it came from; Bridgeport

August 5

*Video surveillance shows Kyle entering gun range and firing for approx 20 minutes (NY Daily News)
*Person contacts Kyle to purchase Oxy - stated that his parents were missing at that time
*Purchased questionable items at Home Depot

August 6

Kyle stated he learned of parents’ mysterious disappearance from uncle

August 13
Kyle's timeline has changed:
Kyle states:
630am met both parents at nursery
830am - 920am decided he couldn’t work and he and Jeannette returned to pick up schedule at his house in Bridgeport so she could finish route on her own (where did his dad go?)
9:20am Kyle and Jeannette drove to meet Jeffrey in Westport
11:00am Kyle goes home
12:00pm Jeffrey called Kyle about paycheck
12:30pm Kyle drives to Easton to pick up paycheck

Great summary here now add
He was spotted in Easton at 9:11
And 12:40 something

Dang, the more I read here the more I have to wonder just WTH happened within this family and the dynamics at play. What a mess. I wonder if the other son was abused too or if it was only KN. there was some serious anger brewing and I just don't get it.

Really what were they thinking is right!
?

I ll be curious to see what KNs report reads like.
I saw I think in section 34 with the times of the txts with the father, that kn was seen on video in Easton at both at 9:11 am and also again just before 1 pm on August 4 I think he must have already killed the mom - where ? B port around 8 And brought her to Easton in that truck before 9:11 and was trying to get the father there around 12:47 or so. ( to set him up) But he had to go home to Bport because The father knew something was wrong because he had been trying to reach J all morning and her phone was powered off. And so he father- wouldn't go to Easton.

That'must be why k said "I'm on my way there now "and
why father said" I'm not going home. U r setting me up. "
I think he wanted it to look like the dad killed the mother and took off. Everyone was saying that at first. Legal problems money from sale of home they took off. That would have been the only plan where kn could have cashed in on any of those things he wished to gain. Profits proceeds. Ugh yeah he's set for life. Life in prison.

did kn drive all over in that truck with bullet hole and blood evidence until he ditched the car at the commuter lot at 42? And for how long? What was he driving at the shooting range and the transfer station on the 6th. The truck was found on the 7th.

What a horror show.

This is my first post.

The text messages between Kyle and Jeffrey are extremely unnerving. If this was truly Jeffrey texting, and he felt that Kyle had hurt Jeannette, then I just don't understand why he didn't contact the police at that time. If he even suspected it, why did he go alone to confront Kyle?

It does make sense to me that Kyle and Jennifer's original plan was to make it look like Jeffrey had killed his wife and maybe they meant to make it look like Jeffrey had committed suicide. But somehow in their drug addled haze they messed it up and had to change the plan.

Im still stuck on 150/day heroin habit jumping up to 300-600/day recently. That has got to be for both of them, plus its a cheap high relatively speaking. They had to have been f%@&! up 24/7.
Mind. Blown.

This is my first post.

The text messages between Kyle and Jeffrey are extremely unnerving. If this was truly Jeffrey texting, and he felt that Kyle had hurt Jeannette, then I just don't understand why he didn't contact the police at that time. If he even suspected it, why did he go alone to confront Kyle?

It does make sense to me that Kyle and Jennifer's original plan was to make it look like Jeffrey had killed his wife and maybe they meant to make it look like Jeffrey had committed suicide. But somehow in their drug addled haze they messed it up and had to change the plan.

Absolutely. I agree with first paragraph 100%
And I think you hit the plan on the head. I bet that was the plan exactly.
Thanks

Ahem...

During the course of the investigation, detectives reportedly learned that Jeffrey Navin had a "history of being emotionally and verbally abusive towards his son, Kyle Navin, including an investigation by the Department of Children and Families" in 2006.

Kyle's younger brother allegedly told investigators that the relationship between his brother and parents was "not good at all."

When Kyle's brother was informed that his brother was a person of interest in the disappearance of his parents, he reportedly said, "When I heard my parents were missing I thought to myself, they either went on vacation or my brother did something to them."

http://www.thehour.com/news/weston/...cle_7e456d70-57a7-5155-947d-a61d05d083c8.html

In reading between the lines, as they currently appear, Jeffrey had issues with Kyle, that he didn't have with his younger son. While there may have been an investigation into Jeffrey's emotional and verbal "abuse" of Kyle, it may not be accurate that Jeffrey was actually abusive. He may have merely had expectations that a certain standard of behavior should be met, and Kyle wasn't willing, or able, to do so, because of his drug addiction. Someone posted earlier that they had some idea, as a member of that community, that Kyle's back troubles originated from an old hockey injury. That makes some sense, and likely is the start of his drug addiction. I wonder how long ago this injury took place? This may have been going on for years!

did kn drive all over in that truck with bullet hole and blood evidence until he ditched the car at the commuter lot at 42? And for how long? What was he driving at the shooting range and the transfer station on the 6th. The truck was found on the 7th.

What a horror show.

I wondered about this, too

Actually, per the affidavit, the bullet holes and blood were in KN's truck...not the Navins' truck as was reported previously.

Just wanted to come in with the notion that, as long as the abuse rumours remain unsubstantiated, that some people just by nature are more un-social or even, anti-social.

The fact that KN was more quiet and flat as a child may well have been his nature. Having experienced abuse - that is, abuse as the world-at-large classifies it, may not enter into the equation at all.
Now, KN may *perceive* he was abused, that may be how he experiences life in general. Addicts' natures are complex. Their personalities and what leads them to substance abuse are complicated.

This is so, so sad.

some peace, and strength and courage to the youngest brother.

In reading between the lines, as they currently appear, Jeffrey had issues with Kyle, that he didn't have with his younger son. While there may have been an investigation into Jeffrey's emotional and verbal "abuse" of Kyle, it may not be accurate that Jeffrey was actually abusive. He may have merely had expectations that a certain standard of behavior should be met, and Kyle wasn't willing, or able, to do so, because of his drug addiction. Someone posted earlier that they had some idea, as a member of that community, that Kyle's back troubles originated from an old hockey injury. That makes some sense, and likely is the start of his drug addiction. I wonder how long ago this injury took place? This may have been going on for years!
The last year he played hockey was in 2006 if that was when his injury was from. In was trying to chase down this comment snippet for a while.

I guess the college he attended briefly did not have a team.

Kyle Navin | STAPLES HOCKEY SERVICE | ZoomInfo.com
www.zoominfo.com › Kyle-Navin
Mobile-friendly - View Kyle Navin's business profile and see work history, affiliations and more. ... In his two years as the Staples starter in net, his stinginess helped keep the Wreckers in ... not having a hockey team, Navin's career in organized hockey is over.

The last year he played hockey was in 2006 if that was when his injury was from. In was trying to chase down this comment snippet for a while.

I guess the college he attended briefly did not have a team.

Kyle Navin | STAPLES HOCKEY SERVICE | ZoomInfo.com
www.zoominfo.com › Kyle-Navin
Mobile-friendly - View Kyle Navin's business profile and see work history, affiliations and more. ... In his two years as the Staples starter in net, his stinginess helped keep the Wreckers in ... not having a hockey team, Navin's career in organized hockey is over.

Thanks for this -- I found the whole article here: http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Kyle-Navin/1031449072

I think I play better when we're down a man because I feel I have to make it up for him."Opposing players who took penalty shots on Navin often felt disappointed because the Wreckers goalie displayed excellent reflexes and moves in stopping them cold...Life as a goalie began for Navin at age 9 when he was playing for the Bridgeport Select team at the squirts level."It started when I was a squirt," recalls Navin."I played forward back then and I tried it and liked it [being goalie].I like being the main focus of the team and I chose to be a goalie."

Academically, Navin had a 3.3 grade point average as he adeptly balanced his academic requirements with hockey."Hockey was my motivation to get good grades because if I didn't get good grades, I wouldn't have been able to play," says Navin."It was all in one package."This fall, Navin will attend Penn College and major in resident construction management.His goal is to build houses after college.The Wreckers wish they could have Navin for one more year...

With Penn College not having a hockey team, Navin's career in organized hockey is over.He may play in an adult league once he gets acclimated to college."It makes me sad and I'll miss it," says Navin."It's nice to get a break for a year.I want to focus on academics in college and maybe I'll play in a men's league when I get older."Although college hockey could use a good ambassador like this Staples alumnus, Penn College gains an outstanding student, leader and person in Kyle Navin.

The article says he had a 3.3 GPA and went to Penn College. I wonder why Penn in particular. His dad went to Uconn and there are plenty of options with a 3.3 GPA, including schools with hockey teams.

Thanks for this -- I found the whole article here: http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Kyle-Navin/1031449072

The article says he had a 3.3 GPA and went to Penn College. I wonder why Penn in particular. His dad went to Uconn and there are plenty of options with a 3.3 GPA, including schools with hockey teams.

Thank you so much for tracking that down. That is soooooo sad.
Now I'm going to go cry my eyes out.
;-(

The Navins were also fixtures at the local hockey rink. Kyle Navin was a senior co-captain in the 2006 season, and his exploits as the star goalie for the team, the Staples Wreckers, are still remembered fondly around town. Taylor Navin could play any position, said Ralph Unker, their former coach. Their parents went to every game, and continued to support the team after their sons had graduated from high school.

“They are great, great people, great parents,” Mr. Unker said.

~snip

Kyle Navin had bounced around a bit after high school. He tried college for a while, but left after one semester. He started his own business called Sound-Side Pitbulls, a blue-nose pit bull kennel. But more recently, he worked for his father and uncle at J&J Refuse, as its operations manager.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/25/n...a-connecticut-couples-disappearance.html?_r=0

If anyone finds the new affidavit for KN's arrest, would you please post a link? TIA!

Girlfriend due in court today...

BRIDGEPORT — A woman accused of conspiring with her boyfriend to kill his parents is scheduled to make her first court appearance Monday.
Jennifer Valiante of Westport, Connecticut, also faces a charge of hindering prosecution. She is being held on a $2 million bond.

~snip

Video @ link: http://fox61.com/2015/11/02/kyle-navin-faces-charges-in-parents-killing/

This is a good question. College application process around here ( everywhere) it is literally CRAZY. Kids counsellors parents it's out of control. Very competitive and with honors courses there is grade inflation so actually the highest cumulative gpa is actually 4.50 not 4:0
So that's a B average.
Plus SAT.
Families often completely disregard the school's advice and then really don't get in places. Places that are appropriate for the child to be successful. Uconn is very hard to get into within the state really- I wonder if it was even on his list. He probably got some funding to go there. Who knows really. College guidance is a nasty business. Having gone through this process many times with my kids and friends etc I ll tell you I would rather have surgery without anesthesia. Not a baby cause that would mean another college process.

That article makes me so sad because no where in that article does it state that he wanted to go into the Family business.
kN was pretty creative. The very last time I saw him he wanted to play music in a band. In that article ...He wanted to be a carpenter?
Now the family is dessimated.
This town is a wreck. Really could list some stories that would raise the hair on your neck. I told you a mom killed herself by lighting herself on fire in the middle of the little league baseball field where her sons played? This tiny town.

On the good side I guess CT finally appointed a head of DCf October 16 - there hasn't been one since 2006. No wonder.

I'll supply a link for that later.

Today should be a big day for kn and jv.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back