GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know, right? He looks like he doesn't have a care in the world. I wonder if he's concerned for his girlfriend. Also, has anyone heard what became of their dogs since they were arrested?

It looks like he's smiling...

He's probably been off heroin for three months and eating/sleeping/exercising better than he has in ages. Who wouldn't look healthy?
/sarcasm

This is exactly what I was thinking. His older photo looks like it should be booking photo IMO. And yes, it struck me too, it looks like he is smiling! Yuck.

After reading that warrant a few times, I think Jeffrey was right. Kyle was planning on setting him up. How else did Jeanette's blood and (presumably) his fingerprint get on the garage door opener? What Kyle didn't plan on was that Jeffrey would figure it out beforehand or during the execution of his "perfect plan." In the final interview Kyle finally admits to being at their house for a little bit because he could tell they knew something and he had to explain it away...

So, the text exchange about setting Jeffrey up happens at around 12:45ish p.m. Then, Kyle texts him that he is at his home and left a place for Jeffrey to park his truck. This is at 1:14 p.m. Jeffrey's final text/phone service ends at 1:23 p.m. I am left to wonder if they locked him in the basement. The broken door is curious too. Also, Kyle texts JV at 6:10 p.m. inquiring about whether she had gone into the basement and refers to her as "little efficient lover of mine."

I'll have to dig through this affidavit further but I think between 1:30ish and 5:00ish is when they dropped of Jeffrey's truck at J&J's house, and JV followed behind in her car?

After reading that warrant a few times, I think Jeffrey was right. Kyle was planning on setting him up. How else did Jeanette's blood and (presumably) his fingerprint get on the garage door opener? What Kyle didn't plan on was that Jeffrey would figure it out beforehand or during the execution of his "perfect plan." In the final interview Kyle finally admits to being at their house for a little bit because he could tell they knew something and he had to explain it away...

I was thinking that either he was planning to set up his father, or else he was going to ambush his father at his father's house. So he was waiting there and trying to figure out when his father was going to get there, but Jeffrey said he wasn't going home until he knew if mom was OK. So quick, Kyle needed a new plan that involved meeting up with his father at his own house -- thus the video of him driving from Easton to Bridgeport shortly before his father heads over there.

Do you think it was Jeffrey was screaming at Kyle during his transfer station visit at 12:30ish? It seems like it went on for too long to be a voicemail and the person at the transfer station had the impression that he was actually talking to someone. the texts suggest that Kyle was pretending his phone wasn't working, but it seems as if he was taking some calls from his father.

So, the text exchange about setting Jeffrey up happens at around 12:45ish p.m. Then, Kyle texts him that he is at his home and left a place for Jeffrey to park his truck. This is at 1:14 p.m. Jeffrey's final text/phone service ends at 1:23 p.m. I am left to wonder if they locked him in the basement. The broken door is curious too. Also, Kyle texts JV at 6:10 p.m. inquiring about whether she had gone into the basement and refers to her as "little efficient lover of mine."

I'll have to dig through this affidavit further but I think between 1:30ish and 5:00ish is when they dropped of Jeffrey's truck at J&J's house, and JV followed behind in her car?

I tend to think he killed his father very quickly once his father was at the house, like I think he did with his mother. Hopefully neither parent really saw it coming. I wonder how he got his father to go to the basement. Or maybe that's where he kept both bodies while he was trying to figure out what to do?

Hmmm....during JV's interview, she openly discusses liking to shoot the Bodyguard gun or whatever brand it is, and basically places it in her hand. And Kyle goes to the shooting range, presumably to shoot the Sig to have a legit reason for it being recently fired. I'm left to wonder if she shot Jeffrey? Did he ask her to? Was he setting her up too? My, my, my...

We definitely need more info as to the projectiles found. That may clear matters up. I have the feeling this was KN's idea and JV cleaned up and assisted him but did not actually kill anyone. I expect her lawyer to get her to confess the whole plan and put it all on KN so that she can have some leniency and so that the family can know the truth. KN is dead to rights on this one. He has nothing to offer. He's going away for life.

They have not released the result of the ballistics. The affidavit only states that they are testing. Unless I missed that.

Why would Jeffrey go anywhere near Kyle??? So sad!

So, KN going to the gun range the next day was probably to have a reason why the gun would test positive for being fired recently.....that's what I was thinking too. And if they did a residue check on his hands, there would be a reason for it testing positive (if they had done it back then in the beginning.....)

IMO

I believe in one of the texts between KN and JV, he asks her if she was in the basement that afternoon. She responded no, but she had been in the morning to do laundry. I wonder if that was code between them referring to who was being stored in the basement after the Navins were killed.

If the property where the Navins were found is so close to public buildings, do you think there is video out there showing KN driving in that area around the time of his parent's disappearance?

It sounds to me like each parent was shot once. I wonder about the ballistics because I wonder if KN shot both his parents or if he had JV shoot one while he shot the other to ensure that they both stuck to the (new) plan. Lots of unknowns here but these two appear very, very guilty. I think drugs turned them into evil people. So sad.

It sounds to me like each parent was shot once. I wonder about the ballistics because I wonder if KN shot both his parents or if he had JV shoot one while he shot the other to ensure that they both stuck to the (new) plan. Lots of unknowns here but these two appear very, very guilty. I think drugs turned them into evil people. So sad.
We know mom was shot in the truck because her blood was on the bullet hole in the seat belt.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I don't think the doing laundry was code though.....they had enough damning text messages that didn't really use code.

And something I remember hearing about before, but forgot about that the Daily Mail article reminded me about. KN had told someone that his parents were missing on 8/5 before they were officially reporting missing.

I don't think the doing laundry was code though.....they had enough damning text messages that didn't really use code.

And something I remember hearing about before, but forgot about that the Daily Mail article reminded me about. KN had told someone that his parents were missing on 8/5 before they were officially reporting missing.

I took it as if KN didn't want JV to have to see what was in the basement (his dead father, mother or both) and she assured him she took care of whatever she had to in the basement (the laundry) before the killings.

It could be....when was that text sent again (about the laundry?)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back