GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Clearly, LE believe the Navins (or at least Jeanette ) are no longer living. No searches. No posters. Searching the dumps.

If KN is responsible, I can only imagine what was done to them since he had the garbage truck at his disposal.

So awful. Prayers for the family.

Those texts are certainly....odd? Who assumes when they can't reach their spouse that their son has committed murder and is framing you for it? She could have been taking a nap! (I know, not likely, but you get what I am saying). Dad could have killed Mom and took off with the 900K. Dad and son could have worked together and then dad took off leaving the son with the consequences. Who knows where this one will go......

Those texts are certainly....odd? Who assumes when they can't reach their spouse that their son has committed murder and is framing you for it? She could have been taking a nap! (I know, not likely, but you get what I am saying). Dad could have killed Mom and took off with the 900K. Dad and son could have worked together and then dad took off leaving the son with the consequences. Who knows where this one will go......

I think there is more to the story that would address the question of why Jeffrey would jump to the conclusion that his son had killed mom. Maybe there had been threats, a huge argument, or some other indication that his son was dangerous. Maybe his son had threatened to frame him for her murder and was trying to play it off as if he had never made any threats in case the texts were found. I highly doubt that the parents framed their son and took off. I'm just amazed that the son was able to (allegedly) kill his father when his father already suspected there had been a murder. You'd think dad would be on high-alert and not particularly vulnerable to being murdered.

If it is true that KN is addicted to heroine, the last few days in jail have probably been pretty nasty and he may start telling the truth.

I agree that with KNs addictions, love of guns, and need for money from his parents (who controlled his paychecks), there may well have been lots of arguments, threats and possibly violence in the past. I was wondering about his back injury, he expected his father to pay his salary although he couldn't/wouldn't work, there was probably a lot of conflict over that.

I also wonder about the role of his girlfriend, from the text messages that were released in the affidavit, she was totally enabling his drug use. She initially lied to police about being home, but then was caught on security camera helping KN return the garbage truck to his parents home. In many of these crimes, two people can convince themselves to do something that one person alone would be scared to do.

Sounds like they may have been having problems with their so .

Impressive!

"The case is an ongoing investigation and is being conducted by the FBI Bridgeport Violent Crimes Task Force, Connecticut State Police Western District Major Crime Squad and Easton Police Department, with the assistance of the State’s Attorney’s Office for the Fairfield Judicial District and the Westport, Weston and Bridgeport Police Departments."

http://www.monroecourier.com/27813/kyle-navin-arrested-warrants-sealed-parents-still-missing/

Seems like it was a continuance of an earlier conversation; perhaps KN had made a threat against his mother, saying if she were found hurt or worse at home, the father would be blamed.

I keep reading a lot of things in the news regarding this couple, the son, the girlfriend. It is an odd one for sure. The focus seems to be on KN's drug addiction and the possibility of that being a motivation for him to do away with his parents. On the other hand, his drug addiction could also have been used as a way to get him to corporate with an elaborate disappearing act so that said parents didn't have to deal with the courts, debt etc.

What if his parents didn't want to deal with the huge amount of debt they had and decided it would be just as easy to "relocate" but needed some help in doing so. They get KN to answer dad's odd texts, drive his truck home, girlfriend following, purchase items that would suggest a crime was committed, one so bad that he needed to clean things up and then lie about it all. Not as far fetched as one would think, I mean in reality if you were asked to cover up a crime that never happened one could easily pull that off with a clear conscience. They are his parents after all, who could say no to one's parents especially an addict who isn't really thinking clearly as it is.

What really gives it away for me and I hate to say it, are the texts between father and son. They do not seem legitimate in nature and more of a ruse if anything. IF I thought my son killed his father I most certainly would not be texting him about it or on my way home to find a dead body. I would not use words such as " U R Setting Me Up,' and 'I Go Home and Get Framed for Murder." It's a little more than coincidence that he choose those exact words.

(snip) I'm just amazed that the son was able to (allegedly) kill his father when his father already suspected there had been a murder. You'd think dad would be on high-alert and not particularly vulnerable to being murdered.

Skigirl.

Agree. Post of the day. My thoughts exactly.

How did dad go from knowing that son killed mom. To deciding to still meet up with son later on. Without calling the police first. Very puzzling indeed.

And...if they have evidence and it's damning...why have they not charged/arrested him for the death of his parents??

So confusing.

And...if they have evidence and it's damning...why have they not charged/arrested him for the death of his parents??

So confusing.

I wonder if blood found only matched to mom. So they may still be on the fence about dad's whereabouts?

Maybe they think dad was involved along with the son. So they are waiting for further forensics.

Because dad's text did sound odd about the son framing him.

Why would dad suggest that the son would not only kill mom. But frame him as well. That text just seemed off.

Or dad could have set up deadbeat son as killer of his parents (killing 2 birds with one stone, so to speak...getting to run off with the $$$ and getting rid of problem son). I just don't know how the son buying the cleaning supplies fits that theory though.

There is no doubt in my mind that the son is guilty.

I read this several times and I wonder if the truck Kyle usually drives is his dad's or his? Is his truck unaccounted for?

I went back and read the affidavit http://thewestonforum.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/38/2015/09/NAVIN-Kyle-affidavit.pdf p. 4 & 5.

It seems there were two garbage trucks, Kyle's and Jeffrey's. Jeffrey's was returned to the missing couple's house by Kyle, he must also have had his own garbage truck at his home.

I think at this stage LE only have circumstantial evidence.

KN's hearing postponed "U.S. Magistrate Judge William Garfinkel granted the defense team's request to delay the hearing"
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/11/us-usa-connecticut-missing-idUSKCN0RB1GK20150911

I think father went back to son's house to find out what was going on - he didn't want to involve the police yet in case his suspicions were wrong. He trusted that he was still the boss in the family, he couldn't imagine his "little boy" would kill him.

I thought making this timeline would help me understand, but the "facts" are so convoluted. But since Kyle doesn't even understand his own timeline, it's kind of hard to decipher a timeline ... :thinking:

I just gathered info from these places. Please fix what I missed! I don't think I've ever spent this much time trying to figure out the half-truths. Anyone?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/10/us/connecticut-missing-couple-arres

http://foxct.com/2015/09/08/police-missing-easton-man-thought-son-was-framing-him-for-murder-on-day-he-and-his-wife-were-last-seen/

Red is for Kyle's statements and blue is for items that can be confirmed. Where is the truth? Somewhere in between.

August 4th

8:45 am Jeannette made 2 second call. IMHO likely going to voicemail
9:00 - 9:30 am Kyle and Jeannette meet up at approximately 9am according to Kyle
9:20 am Jeannette’s phone last registered at this time near Kyle’s home
No further registration from phone. Although several additional calls and texts were made to her phone.
10:30 am Kyle states he meets dad at nearby nursery and then heads home d/t back hurting

However at 10:20 am to 1:19 pm Kyle travels from:

Bridgeport to Westport to Easton, back to Westport, again to Easton and then finally back to Bridgeport where he remains until 3pm

12:30 pm Kyle states that he went to parents’ house in Easton to get paycheck and then went home and stayed there for several days ( which isn’t true, as he was caught on surveillance traveling the road)

12:43 pm approx. Text from Jeffrey “Did you hurt mom?”
Several texts in between
1:14 pm approx. The last text from Kyle - “I’m home. I left spot on the road for your truck to fit”

1:23 pm Last call made from Jeffrey’s phone and last recorded registration was by Kyle’s house

3pm Garbage truck caught on surveillance headed to parents’ home in Easton being followed by girlfriend’s car
3:30pm Girlfriend’s car headed back in direction it came from; Bridgeport

August 5

*Video surveillance shows Kyle entering gun range and firing for approx 20 minutes (NY Daily News)
*Person contacts Kyle to purchase Oxy - stated that his parents were missing at that time
*Purchased questionable items at Home Depot

August 6

Kyle stated he learned of parents’ mysterious disappearance from uncle

August 13
Kyle's timeline has changed:
Kyle states:
630am met both parents at nursery
830am - 920am decided he couldn’t work and he and Jeannette returned to pick up schedule at his house in Bridgeport so she could finish route on her own (where did his dad go?)
9:20am Kyle and Jeannette drove to meet Jeffrey in Westport
11:00am Kyle goes home
12:00pm Jeffrey called Kyle about paycheck
12:30pm Kyle drives to Easton to pick up paycheck

Just looking at the blue above, it does look bad for Kyle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back