GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He was born in 1988
I'm local - everyone knows everyone here, it is a very small town, and this story is crazy.

From 10:20-1:19 then 3:00 followed by girlfriend.
B port to wport to Easton to wport to EAston Wport.
Then Bport to Easton after 3:00
That is a lot of driving! the towns are spread out. I really want to know what he was doing.
Especially if Jeanette's phone was last used in Bport around 9:20
Also kn talks about meeting them at a nursery there's one right off exit 42 right near where that Park and Ride is located.
I'm really having a heart attack I know these people. :-((((((

That is a lot of driving! the towns are spread out. I really want to know what he was doing.
Also kn talks about meeting them at a nursery there's one right off exit 42 right near where that Park and Ride is located.

:welcome:

Hi Morkfromork! Glad you are here.
I can understand you freaking out...it is insane!

I hope LE release more info soon.
Search warrants are scheduled to be released on Thursday 9/24.

He was born in 1988
I'm local - everyone knows everyone here, it is a very small town, and this story is crazy.

Welcome to Websleuths, Mork!
:welcome6:

I'm dying to hear about this case from your perspective. I grew up not far away, so I'm following this case closely!

Thank you for the welcome.
I was away most of the summer and now that all the kids are older I haven't seen them in years. But I did know them for years- and I'll say one thing / that guilford house business is a complete shocker to everyone.

You couldn't know a more simple person in the town than JN. Contrary to adjectives in news wealthy and posh are not adjectives I'd use at all. I think they were trying to flip houses and like everyone in the town of Weston , got caught up in the real estate bubble burst and recession. They were lucky to sell that house of theirs. Which makes me think that together with her job , business and potential discussion of selling that- and working themselves back - I really do not think that they disappeared themselves.

I don't see them taking short spontaneous or exotic trips at all.

JN worked in the school as an aid for two decades, she was dedicated and gentle with every kid. She was really dedicated to the boys way back when.
They did always have a lot of toys.
Mini bikes and atvs.

I could say more. I'd rather not.
It is so troublesome. The town of Weston has seen a lot of tragedies.
Back to that driving- pull up a map of those areas. All he could have been doing is basically driving back and forth from those three towns.
:-( God bless J and J

Also I wonder which routes he took between the towns. Did he go east on Cross Highway ? Or did he take the Merritt Parkway. And in which vehicle? I don't think there are commercial vehicles like a garbage truck allowed on the Merritt. And also if this makes any difference there is no exit 43. No exits or rest stops. Between 42 and 44.

Also I wonder which routes he took between the towns. Did he go east on Cross Highway ? Or did he take the Merritt Parkway. And in which vehicle? I don't think there are commercial vehicles like a garbage truck allowed on the Merritt. And also if this makes any difference there is no exit 43. No exits or rest stops. Between 42 and 44.

No commercial traffic on Merrit Parkway. Or any parkway.

Permits for entry upon and use of the parkways by vehicles normally excluded therefrom may be issued by the Office of the State Traffic Administration when, in its opinion, the interests of public necessity are served thereby. Such permits shall be in writing and shall specify the period of validity of such permit, the parkway or portion thereof and the identity of the vehicle concerned. A copy of the permit shall be carried in the vehicle.

The following are prohibited from entry upon and use of the highway right-of-way of those limited access state highways designated as parkways:

(a) commercial motor vehicles;

(b) trailers; of any kind

(c) all towed vehicles except as provided in Section 14-298-240;

(d) buses;

(e) hearses when part of a procession or cortege;

(f) vehicles bearing other than passenger, camper, taxicab, vanpool or hearse registrations and those vehicles bearing combination registrations which have a gross weight in excess of seventy-five hundred pounds;

(g) vehicles whose dimensions, including any load, exceed one of the following:

length – twenty-four feet
width - seven feet, six inches
height – eight feet

Permits may be requested by writing to: Executive Director, Office of the State Traffic Administration at 2800 Berlin Turnpike, P.O. Drawer 317546, Newington, CT 06131-7546.

As a minimum, the following information should be included:

(a) Name of person, organization or firm requesting permit;

(b) type of vehicle to include size, height, weight and registration number;

(c) section of parkway, i.e. between exit 29 and exit 35, to be used;

(d) reason for requesting exemption.

http://www.ct.gov/dot/cwp/view.asp?A=1394&Q=259554

So he either took the pickup truck back and forth a zillion times on the Merritt. Or he wound his way through the streets of Westport all the way to Easton and Westport and Easton and Bridgeport all those times in one of the company trucks. Wouldn't surveillance cameras pick that up too?
I'm sure they have more than we know but what could be so revealing in the warrants?
What do you think?

Big question for all is about the texts.
Would a 56 year old man text UR ?
How would someone in the frame of mind of Kn think that creating a chat like that would help him.

Gosh I really wonder how these things happen. :-( How kids grow up and go so far astray like that - So horrible Mom is not at her job - she would never ever miss the start of school. The school system is excellent and that's a very well paying job as far as an aid job goes in the state.
How could they go missing like that. Where are they?
I really feel sick and so sad about this.

I'm so sorry, Mork.

It is quite clear to me that LE are not treating this as a missing persons case.
They have been searching landfills..

They have much more than they are releasing. They have a bullet and blood in the pick up...

Ugh.

So he either took the pickup truck back and forth a zillion times on the Merritt. Or he wound his way through the streets of Westport all the way to Easton and Westport and Easton and Bridgeport all those times in one of the company trucks. Wouldn't surveillance cameras pick that up too?
I'm sure they have more than we know but what could be so revealing in the warrants?
What do you think?

Big question for all is about the texts.
Would a 56 year old man text UR ?
How would someone in the frame of mind of Kn think that creating a chat like that would help him.

Gosh I really wonder how these things happen. :-( How kids grow up and go so far astray like that - So horrible Mom is not at her job - she would never ever miss the start of school. The school system is excellent and that's a very well paying job as far as an aid job goes in the state.
How could they go missing like that. Where are they?
I really feel sick and so sad about this.
Thank you so much for your personal knowledge on this case. It really gives me a better understanding of the area as well as J & J.

http://www.eastoncourier.com/2015/0...-murder-deepens-chill-of-missing-couple-case/

Also correction - not cross hwy
Easton road ( Westport rd depending which direction you are traveling) or possibly Lyons plains rd to Easton from Westport. J&j do have customers through that area whose trash was not collected.

And I was also thinking KN may have an old hockey injury.

Also follow this link to their house listing.
They did a nice job on the McMansion.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/37-Osborn-Farm-Rd-Weston-CT-06883/57409210_zpid/

Thank you for your explanation. It is hard to visualize all the places they were saying when your not familiar with the areA. That being said with KN driving back and forth and so on..where do you think he was going in Westport? My brain is trying to process! I believe J and J was in Wport?? Maybe he needed to pick up the trash truck? Possibly it was to the nursery (is that a daycare nursery or a flower nursery), or the commuter parking lot?

This is one tricky case. Another thing that leaves me thinking is the back and forth texting between jn and kn. if KN had the phone and was sending texts from JN phone, why would he say things about being framed? Maybe my brain doesn't think like a criminal mind but I just don't see why he would use choice words like that. I am sure all this has been discussed already but I still am unsure about some details. Moo

Thank you for your explanation. It is hard to visualize all the places they were saying when your not familiar with the areA. That being said with KN driving back and forth and so on..where do you think he was going in Westport? My brain is trying to process! I believe J and J was in Wport?? Maybe he needed to pick up the trash truck? Possibly it was to the nursery (is that a daycare nursery or a flower nursery), or the commuter parking lot?

This is one tricky case. Another thing that leaves me thinking is the back and forth texting between jn and kn. if KN had the phone and was sending texts from JN phone, why would he say things about being framed? Maybe my brain doesn't think like a criminal mind but I just don't see why he would use choice words like that. I am sure all this has been discussed already but I still am unsure about some details. Moo

The text convo is hard to make sense of. It looks "staged" for lack of a better word.

Story in today's NYT:

snipped The police also found two receipts dated the day after the Navins disappeared. One was from a Bridgeport shooting range. The other was for germicidal bleach, drain opener, stain remover and contractor cleanup bags from Home Depot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/25/nyregion
/odd-text-exchange-preceded-a-connecticut-couples-disappearance.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

Son of missing couple to be arraigned

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...-son-kyle-navin-arraigned-20150924-story.html

Snipped

Navin, 27, was arrested on Sept. 8 on a little-used federal statute - possession of a firearm by an individual who is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance. The charge stems from a search of his Bridgeport home following the disappearance of Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin, who were last seen on Aug. 4.

Snipped

Meanwhile the search for his parents continues. Police have searched woods in Easton and Weston and have spent more than a month sifting through ashes at a Putnam landfill where trash incinerated at a Bridgeport plant is brought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back