GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kyle Navin pleads not guilty

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...-son-kyle-navin-arraigned-20150924-story.html

Snipped

Navin limped into court with his hands cuffed behind his back and two U.S. marshals at his side. During the hearing, which lasted less than 10 minutes, said only "not guilty your Honor" when Garfinkel asked him for a plea.

Navin was wearing a short sleeved brown prison uniform which exposed part of a large tattoo on his right arm. The case was transferred to U.S. District Judge Warren W. Eginton. Navin will remain in custody as the issue of bond did not come up in court.

No new court date was set. His attorney, Eugene Riccio, did not comment after the arraignment.

Snipped

The date of Oct. 15 was set for defense motions, and jury selection was set for Nov. 9.

The arraignment was very brief and lasted about five minutes. Navin walked into the courtroom wearing a tan prison uniform and sporting a full beard. He walked in slowly with a bad limp.

Navin stumbled while getting up to plead not guilty to the charge. In August, when he was questioned by police, Navin said he has a broken back.

Navin has been held in police custody and detention since his arrest on Sept. 8. He will remain in detention until a hearing for his release is scheduled. Navin’s attorney, Eugene Riccio asked the court on Sept. 11 for a continuance of the detention hearing so he could obtain additional information.

http://www.thereddingpilot.com/2015/09/24/breaking-news-kyle-navin-pleads-not-guilty-at-arraignment/

Son of missing couple to be arraigned

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...-son-kyle-navin-arraigned-20150924-story.html

Snipped

Navin, 27, was arrested on Sept. 8 on a little-used federal statute - possession of a firearm by an individual who is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance. The charge stems from a search of his Bridgeport home following the disappearance of Jeffrey and Jeanette Navin, who were last seen on Aug. 4.

Snipped

Meanwhile the search for his parents continues. Police have searched woods in Easton and Weston and have spent more than a month sifting through ashes at a Putnam landfill where trash incinerated at a Bridgeport plant is brought.

If Kn 's phone pinged in Weston near their old house also then I Would bet they would be searching the area from Weston /Georgetown to redding /Easton.
There is also a giant nature reserve called : devils den ..

There are several reservoirs and mostly all woods.

Someone asked about the nursery -it's for plants not day care and it's a major intersection there is a very easy parking lot where one would not have to turn around.

Everyone uses the park and rides here. Even for school bus stops.

If Kn 's phone pinged in Weston near their old house also then I Would bet they would be searching the area from Weston /Georgetown to redding /Easton.
There is also a giant nature reserve called : devils den ..

There are several reservoirs and mostly all woods.

Someone asked about the nursery -it's for plants not day care and it's a major intersection there is a very easy parking lot where one would not have to turn around.

Everyone uses the park and rides here. Even for school bus stops.

That nursery is very well known. People drive from all over the state to get to it.

He was born in 1988
I'm local - everyone knows everyone here, it is a very small town, and this story is crazy.

Thank you Morkfromork for you local perspective and knowledge of the area etc. It is an absolute crazy situation and so very tragic. I hope for justice for the Navins! Agree bazaar text messages and driving patterns.

That nursery is very well known. People drive from all over the state to get to it.

The nursery right off exit 42 -that I believed they were talking about is closed and has been for a few years.
Also it was just part of one of KN stories it may have nothing in it anyway.

The nursery right off exit 42 -that I believed they were talking about is closed and has been for a few years.
Also it was just part of one of KN stories it may have nothing in it anyway.

I could well be thinking of a different one. My daughter and I used to stop there for spring plantings because they had a really nice selection. It's too bad if they're closed.

But I'll bet a closed nursery has a lot of places where a person could hide pieces of evidence.

I could well be thinking of a different one. My daughter and I used to stop there for spring plantings because they had a really nice selection. It's too bad if they're closed.

But I'll bet a closed nursery has a lot of places where a person could hide pieces of evidence.

True, but it's not that big though and its literally in the middle of a busy intersection.
I keep thinking : -( they're somewhere in or around Their old house in Weston. If they're even together.

Even if he said he stayed home for three days we know it isn't true. As there are the receipts for the gun range and Home Depot. (There is also another gun range not that far from his their old house. But his receipt is from b port) anyway we know he was very busy those few days he had a lot of time.
It really looks bad.
I hope they find them and some answers.

" the night is dark and full of terrors"

True, but it's not that big though and its literally in the middle of a busy intersection.
I keep thinking : -( they're somewhere in or around Their old house in Weston. If they're even together.

Even if he said he stayed home for three days we know it isn't true. As there are the receipts for the gun range and Home Depot. (There is also another gun range not that far from his their old house. But his receipt is from b port) anyway we know he was very busy those few days he had a lot of time.
It really looks bad.
I hope they find them and some answers.

" the night is dark and full of terrors"

Just out of curiosity what makes you think they are near their old house? And the house that was foreclosed on that they owed 2+ million on, did they live in that house? I was trying to piece the timeline of the Weston house and guilford home? This case has my mind thinking and wondering about every angle and motive. I wish something would come out about this case. Moo

Just out of curiosity what makes you think they are near their old house? And the house that was foreclosed on that they owed 2+ million on, did they live in that house? I was trying to piece the timeline of the Weston house and guilford home? This case has my mind thinking and wondering about every angle and motive. I wish something would come out about this case. Moo

They lived in Weston for 20 years both boys went through school in Weston. Honestly no one I know here even knew about the Guilford property. ( complete shock to many) That is the one that is foreclosed with all the debt. And the court case. They didn't live there to my knowledge.

The house in Weston was for sale, and I'm sure the reason that they rented the house in Easton is because - well that's what most people in the area do. The housing market and buyers are tough ( evil) and most people rent at first just to get out of the house in case for some reason the deal doesn't go through.
It's very common to rent a smaller home near your employment.

To answer your question why I think they're in Weston. Hmm is it a gut level feeling? Or just purely creepy - I don't know. I feel like that's where KN was happy lived his whole life and knows possibly every hill and Rock in town. And might have returned there in a messed up mental state. I m naive I know. I'm probably totally wrong.

To be truthful I knew him well through elementary and middle school. Meek and shy. The younger extremely sweet and shy.
The boys in his class year were very difficult there are a lot of awful and tragic stories from that year. My child /student who was in his class went to another school for HS.

There was that quote from DB the film maker who is an incredible young man -who said he "couldn't remember if he was a little good or a little bad - somewhere in the middle?" is pretty revealing statement someone from that class. If you ask me.

Also from the 4th to the 7th he could have driven to Maine and back. Ohio and back. Canada - He had all of 6th. :-(

I think they really have a lot more information but I wish they'd find J and J.

Did he go to high school I'm Westport? I notice his hockey pics show a Staples jersey. Or do Weston students play hockey for Westport?

Did he go to high school I'm Westport? I notice his hockey pics show a Staples jersey. Or do Weston students play hockey for Westport?

Exactly right, he did go to school in Weston. there is a combined team Trojans /wreckers from both schools. Neither school has a rink. Weston HS is small - not many hockey players then- staples HS is much much larger. I'm pretty sure those years were the very first for the Westport Weston wreckers hockey team. They skate in Shelton.

Weston and Westport are considered "Sister Town"

I don't know if he went to college?

Exactly right, he did go to school in Weston. there is a combined team Trojans /wreckers from both schools. Neither school has a rink. Weston HS is small - not many hockey players then- staples HS is much much larger. I'm pretty sure those years were the very first for the Westport Weston wreckers hockey team. They skate in Shelton.

I can't snip this, but, this article states Kyle tried college but left after one semester.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/25/n...a-connecticut-couples-disappearance.html?_r=0

Thank you. Momof4 👌🏼😔IMOO That's a crisis for families ( in CT) on so many levels. There is a massive amount of pressure placed on college and getting into college. But not being able to cope when they get there. Many parents have inflated some things denied other serious things signs.

I really think that if this case proves what some are thinking---you might be able to make a strong correlation here with some horrific events in the state in recent years involving boys and parents ( moms) in this age group. Really scary.

Did they ever find that father in Newtown CT who disappeared after getting muffins and mowing the lawn?

I've reached out to one of the local reporters. Maybe they can try to get an update on the warrants that were supposed to be unsealed last week.

Thank you. I live in Norwalk by the Wilton border and my husband runs a restaurant in Westport. We certainly don't hear stories like this very often in our quiet area. Thanks again for your reply!

Thank you. I live in Norwalk by the Wilton border and my husband runs a restaurant in Westport. We certainly don't hear stories like this very often in our quiet area. Thanks again for your reply!

Thank you mJ and momo4.
So masterJ you know how far apart the towns are and it is a quiet area and quite desolate at night too. Especially in the summer. I wish they'd release something.
I also wonder and hope they ve had search dogs in Devils Den. 1700 + acres beautiful hiking trails which is located directly next to their old neighborhood. There is also apparently an old cemetery.

They may never find them. They never found hogland and it's a similar terrain.

Also I think that if the vandalized pick up truck was at that parking lot the whole time, someone would have seen it before August 9th. The park and ride is fairly small it's right next to the ny bound on ramp of rte 15 - the Merritt parkway. So that's 5 days.

If you can, follow the link below. It Shows how wooded the area is.

ill try to find a link that works sorry. If you street view from google earth- old farm road Weston.

"The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors. "

Hi all -- I am also a Weston resident. I don't know the Navins (though another family member knew Jeannette.)
I hike in the Devil's Den a few times a week. Unless you know it well, it would be a really difficult place to hide a body or two. To hike in, you go uphill from the parking lot -- I suspect it would be very difficult to carry someone. And you'd have to go at least a quarter mile to get away from the paths and into dense woods; i.e., an area where a body could really be hidden. And then hike out and do it again with a second body. Unless you were a real woodsman (and not someone with an opiate addiction and a broken back) I just don't think it's doable. Plus, there are always a lot of hikers and walkers; I don't think anything could've stayed hidden this long.
But I have been keeping my eyes peeled.
It is a terribly sad story in our town. I hope there are some answers soon.
To correct a poster above -- they lived on Osborn, not Old Farm. (But Osborn is off Old Farm.)
The old cemetery is tiny and "open". You can't hide anything there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back