GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:welcome:

Glad you have joined us, Cancan.
A very sad case.

IMO LE searched the Putnam landfill several times for a reason. I agree that KN was in no shape to carry/dig/dispose of anyone.

I hope you're stick around!

Thanks - nice to be back. I haven't commented in a while.

I have to be honest, I have considered that the husband killed his wife and is setting up KN. But why?
I do usually favor Occam's Razor, which would point toward KN. But what is his motive?
Whoever committed this crime seems to have planned it in advance, rather than doing it in the heat of the moment. WHY?

I have gone back and forth with the same two theories.

Thing is, I cannot get past KN's addiction, the purchases he made, and the multiple stories he has told LE.

Thanks - nice to be back. I haven't commented in a while.

I have to be honest, I have considered that the husband killed his wife and is setting up KN. But why?
I do usually favor Occam's Razor, which would point toward KN. But what is his motive?
Whoever committed this crime seems to have planned it in advance, rather than doing it in the heat of the moment. WHY?

I agree that it's perplexing. If a whole lot of money had disappeared with JN, I would consider the "JN killed his wife and framed his son," theory as still in play. But since their money hasn't been touched, I have to conclude that it was KN.

It seems to me that money may have been a motive. If KN had a raging addiction, there had likely been a lot of conflict in the family prior to the disappearances. Perhaps J&JN had cut their son off financially/were planning to terminate his employment because they were concerned that paying him as ops manager (likely a job above his experience and abilities as an addict) was enabling his addiction and putting their business at risk if he was showing up impaired to drive trucks and handle heavy equipment? That's the best I've been able to come up with. This case is so tragic.

I agree that it's perplexing. If a whole lot of money had disappeared with JN, I would consider the "JN killed his wife and framed his son," theory as still in play. But since their money hasn't been touched, I have to conclude that it was KN.

It seems to me that money may have been a motive. If KN had a raging addiction, there had likely been a lot of conflict in the family prior to the disappearances. Perhaps J&JN had cut their son off financially/were planning to terminate his employment because they were concerned that paying him as ops manager (likely a job above his experience and abilities as an addict) was enabling his addiction and putting their business at risk if he was showing up impaired to drive trucks and handle heavy equipment? That's the best I've been able to come up with. This case is so tragic.

I agree with all of that ... but if KN is such a mess, and is high all the time, how has he managed to conceal or dispose of the bodies and avoid being charged? With all due respect, he doesn't seem like a rocket scientist.

Don't forget, the Navin Bros. running J&J Refuse were in negotiations to sell the company.

I wonder if KN knew about these plans.

I agree with all of that ... but if KN is such a mess, and is high all the time, how has he managed to conceal or dispose of the bodies and avoid being charged? With all due respect, he doesn't seem like a rocket scientist.

IMO Just following the case and what has been disclosed. Maybe LE believe he disposed of them in his truck and dumped them in the fill. The bullet in the car and KN's weapons will tell all.

Hi all -- I am also a Weston resident. I don't know the Navins (though another family member knew Jeannette.)
I hike in the Devil's Den a few times a week. Unless you know it well, it would be a really difficult place to hide a body or two. To hike in, you go uphill from the parking lot -- I suspect it would be very difficult to carry someone. And you'd have to go at least a quarter mile to get away from the paths and into dense woods; i.e., an area where a body could really be hidden. And then hike out and do it again with a second body. Unless you were a real woodsman (and not someone with an opiate addiction and a broken back) I just don't think it's doable. Plus, there are always a lot of hikers and walkers; I don't think anything could've stayed hidden this long.
But I have been keeping my eyes peeled.
It is a terribly sad story in our town. I hope there are some answers soon.
To correct a poster above -- they lived on Osborn, not Old Farm. (But Osborn is off Old Farm.)
The old cemetery is tiny and "open". You can't hide anything there.

Osborn is off old farm rd.

I think he did. Know they were beginning negotiation to sell the company. Wasn't it in one of the police interviews?

I agree with all of that. I think that's all possible. They certainly messed up their finances and future for the family that's for sure! Maybe putting their foot down. Cutting him off - if they were selling the business - what about him? the texts with the gf to me appear like he wasn't a long term heroin user. And doesn't heroin make you tired not aggressive?

Jmo. I really think the broken back is an old hockey injury. I know for a fact that the mom was a helicopter parent. I had some very interesting ( not good) exchanges with her back in the day. I think it's possible that he was able to hide bodies. I said I was naive but - I cannot see him sending them to a garbage plant.

I m so confused about the foreclosed houses especially the one in guilford. I don't understand - Don't electric and fuel companies turn off the power? How could those fees and bills become so high?

Also I agree if they spent so much time at the plant in Putnam. They must have found something.

I ve found it really difficult to get past this all.
If kn did " hurt" his mom - that would be 3 boys in ct in 4 years who killed their mom. Plus one mom in Weston who lit herself on fire in the middle of town baseball field. That was 2008.

I'm starting to think he hired somebody to do the heavy lifting.

eta: I mean KN with his bad back hired somebody

I'm starting to think he hired somebody to do the heavy lifting.

Who ? He?

Also when I can figure out how to do it- I want to thank every one every comment is a possibility. I think. Maybe there will be something new in this weeks papers.

Thanks again everyone.

Who ? He?

Also when I can figure out how to do it- I want to thank every one every comment is a possibility. I think. Maybe there will be something new in this weeks papers.

Thanks again everyone.

I meant KN and his back injury.

This is MOO but My guess is if he has a back injury he was prescribed painkillers of some sort. Eventually you become immune to them so you need something stronger. Start with Percocet (5mg oxycodone with 325 mg acetaminophen), when that doesn't work you get Oxycodone IR which doesn't have any Tylenol or ibuprofen in it. When that doesn't work you go go for Oxycodone CR which is OxyContin. People chew it up so you get the extended dose of meds immediately. To give an idea it is roughly $1/mg so if you are Taking Oxy 30 that is $30 for one pill on the streets. It gets to be soooo expensive people turn to heroin bc it is much cheaper. First you smoke Or snort then shoot bc you try to chase the first high you got.
Yes, heroin is a depressant so you "dip and nod" (doze off), but if they don't have another bag of dope they will rob, steal practically anything and be agitated or aggressive!

You would hope KN didn't do anything to his parents, but I would not be surprised in the least bit. People become desperate for a bag of dope and will do things that our minds cannot even conceive of. That's because they are just trying to feel normal and not dope sick. The withdraw symptoms are so bad it is like the flu + stomach virus x 1000.

It is so sad, what an epidemic it had become. I see so many young people addicted to dope! It breaks my heart bc to really overcome the addiction is a small percentage. Ok that is my end rant on drugs, but I was also wondering on the big foreclosed house too.

I don't have the link but if you did a search of the foreclosed property in guilford on trulia it brings up (I believe) 15 pictures. As a side note the guilford house was originally built and designed by Colleen McCollough a famous author. The pics showed the interior of the house that looked to be in desperate need of updating. There is this one pic in the kitchen that had a man sitting down but majority of him is cut out. I know if a house is foreclosed then you may not update or do any repairs. However, if you search the house they just sold on Osborn rd the place is immaculate and gorgeous decor. For the same people owning both they are extremely different interiors. It just strikes me as odd, I just don't know why.

Also, I think KN could have disposed of his parents at the incinerator (where they dump trash). Even if his back is injured he could just pop Oxy or shoot dope to do it. (Just typing that makes me cringe.) maybe he thought it would be a benefit not to have his parents around (life insurance or inheritance). Maybe he was so high something had gone so horribly wrong? This case has me thinking and playing every scenario in my head. I just can't come up with anything concrete. Imo moo etc.

I agree with all of that. I think that's all possible. They certainly messed up their finances and future for the family that's for sure! Maybe putting their foot down. Cutting him off - if they were selling the business - what about him? the texts with the gf to me appear like he wasn't a long term heroin user. And doesn't heroin make you tired not aggressive?

Jmo. I really think the broken back is an old hockey injury. I know for a fact that the mom was a helicopter parent. I had some very interesting ( not good) exchanges with her back in the day. I think it's possible that he was able to hide bodies. I said I was naive but - I cannot see him sending them to a garbage plant.

I m so confused about the foreclosed houses especially the one in guilford. I don't understand - Don't electric and fuel companies turn off the power? How could those fees and bills become so high?

Also I agree if they spent so much time at the plant in Putnam. They must have found something.

I ve found it really difficult to get past this all.
If kn did " hurt" his mom - that would be 3 boys in ct in 4 years who killed their mom. Plus one mom in Weston who lit herself on fire in the middle of town baseball field. That was 2008.

I am also confused about the huge utility bills and the person who cosigned on them. First of all, why did this minister, who never lived in the Guilford house, accept responsibility for part of the bills, and second, why weren't the utilities turned off? When I lived in CT, something went awry with my bank's auto bill pay, which stopped paying my bill when I thought it as being taken care of, and my lights were turned off after, I think, two missed payments. Maybe it was three, but it was a matter of months, not years, and what I owed was less than $200, not hundreds of thousands. Why let someone run up that kind of bill?

I am also confused about the huge utility bills and the person who cosigned on them. First of all, why did this minister, who never lived in the Guilford house, accept responsibility for part of the bills, and second, why weren't the utilities turned off? When I lived in CT, something went awry with my bank's auto bill pay, which stopped paying my bill when I thought it as being taken care of, and my lights were turned off after, I think, two missed payments. Maybe it was three, but it was a matter of months, not years, and what I owed was less than $200, not hundreds of thousands. Why let someone run up that kind of bill?

There are exceptions -- in MA they can't turn off utilities to a house with a disabled or elderly person living in it, for instance. I don't know about CT though.

Maybe for non-profits for which a Minister serves prevents Utility companies from turning off service? Maybe that's that particular Utility company's protocol & maybe the parties involved in this case knew that?

I really don't know---just speculating????

There are exceptions -- in MA they can't turn off utilities to a house with a disabled or elderly person living in it, for instance. I don't know about CT though.

OH... That's interesting. The minister's letter to the power company is on the DOJ site in the case paperwork and he said that there had been a disabled person living in the house.

From the CT Case Look-up site, the priest (not minister, as I said above) said that the power company's attorney said to him that his clients were, "angry as hell that they could not turn off the electric power at the residence at 7 Hart Landing because <the tenant> had a life threatening condition." (http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=7554351)

If what's in the priest's complaint is true, and if I'm understanding everything, it's a Kafka-esque nightmare in which he agreed to co-sign/pay for this family's utilities for a while when he lived in CT. This was before Navin even owned the property. Then, despite that he told CL&P (or whatever they have changed their name to now -- the electric company) that he was no longer willing to act as a signatory and that he was moving out of state, they continued to hold him responsible for the electric bill for the house for almost 20 years. How messed up. Makes me wonder about the mortgage on the place.

From the CT Case Look-up site, the priest (not minister, as I said above) said that the power company's attorney said to him that his clients were, "angry as hell that they could not turn off the electric power at the residence at 7 Hart Landing because <the tenant> had a life threatening condition." (http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=7554351)

If what's in the priest's complaint is true, and if I'm understanding everything, it's a Kafka-esque nightmare in which he agreed to co-sign/pay for this family's utilities for a while when he lived in CT. This was before Navin even owned the property. Then, despite that he told CL&P (or whatever they have changed their name to now -- the electric company) that he was no longer willing to act as a signatory and that he was moving out of state, they continued to hold him responsible for the electric bill for the house for almost 20 years. How messed up. Makes me wonder about the mortgage on the place.

That is really something! That court document is OMG thank you for posting that .
Was he the clergy -who they said was the sick tenant ?? Or another tenant ? And still didn't pay on the mtg?
They held the thing whole over a clergy member? How underhanded and mean / talk about aggressive!
Holy moly!
And! Cl&p keeping the lights on?

It is all hard to fathom. Did they get that extra mtg to fix and sell the Weston house? And that didn't sell?
If not for
Kn August 5 activities though. Gun range and Home Depot before it closed. SMH I d say they did plan their own disappearance.
Maybe Kn was in on it.
It is all so positively sketchy sketchy.

I can see is what someone said was kn having a prescription addiction from back injury that possibly progressed exactly as you said. Ty for explanation too. Nods aggression. I don't know that much about those opiate addictions.
I was also thinking that was an ongoing pain med drug addiction was probably excuse to his family and work - ( as someone also suggested) and also that week and to law enforcement after as well. As an alibi attempt." I have a broken back"
We might be able to find out if that was an old old injury. People do get around with old broken back injuries.

Sorry so long. Thanks for all the info about the guilford house. Etc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back