POI: Michael Pak

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... The link (goes to a pdf file) does work, right??

Third line of first letter...
"I never met her. I never "treated" her and I never spoke with her. She was never in my home."

Right, he says that in both letters. But I think Seaslug and others were asking when he denied calling her mother and or sister.

Sorry!!! I see my mistake. The question wasn't about whether he had seen SG, it was whether he had made calls to her mother. I now realize that...I should just read and not post. Ugh, very embarrassing

Sorry!!! I see my mistake. The question wasn't about whether he had seen SG, it was whether he had made calls to her mother. I now realize that...I should just read and not post. Ugh, very embarrassing

No problem. We all misread things occasionally. LOL

Thank you! I'm not off to a great start but I do appreciate the welcome! I hope to get better with the details :)

Everyone here seems so knowledgeable and thorough. I hope your first post was a better start than mine, snowstar :)

I'm not sure what is considered a reliable source, (I might be on the verge a making yet another mistake... heck I might be leaning toward a string of errors now!) but I found this... not a direct "quote" but on topic...

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=279001

*Going back to just reading now ;)

I remember reading that OB resident Barbara Andersen, who lives at the southern end of Anchor Way, was the last person to see SG. After SG's remains were found there was a map posted showing SG's path that night from JB's house, to GC's, to BA's, to her personal items and then remains - all circled. BA lives just a couple of houses from CPH. I believe BA's husband worked for Cantor Fitzgerald at the WTC and was killed on 9/11.

I agree with everything you say. However the Dr did tell Mari by phone that Shannan had spent the night at his house and had left in the morning, being OK when she left. I am sure that is in the interview with Sheere on the here women talk radio link I posted here.

He could be lying or telling the truth or was maybe trying to get this out there if he thought it would later benefit his position. But he did say this acc to Shannan's mother who had no reason to lie that I an see. IMO

Welcome to Websleuths! I'm fairly new here too!

welcome and no problem.

Your easy mistake is a perfect example of how the facts about CPH are often misunderstood.

CPH has gone on record to deny that he ever made a call to SG's mother the day she went missing. This has been twisted into a rumor that he denied EVER calling SG's mother (which HE DOES NOT deny). There are no phone records to support that first phone call ever existed (therefore the police have debunked that call allegation).

If people are going to suggest that a man is guilty, the case against him should at least be based upon the truth (instead of twisted facts).

Everyone here seems so knowledgeable and thorough. I hope your first post was a better start than mine, snowstar :)

I'm not sure what is considered a reliable source, (I might be on the verge a making yet another mistake... heck I might be leaning toward a string of errors now!) but I found this... not a direct "quote" but on topic...

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=279001

*Going back to just reading now ;)
Well I blundered my way through. I did make mistakes but that's how you learn. If you don't understand something just ask somebody. I did!

Where did we hear him say that he Never called SG's house?

I just remembered it came from the Gilbert family. Sheere and I believe her sister went to Oak Beach on May 8th. While there they knocked on Dr Hackett's door. He denied ever calling the Gilbert house during that visit. I am 99% sure of that, will still keep looking for a link.

Later he admitted he did call their house.

PS: I am going to re-listen to that interview with Sheere on HWT Radio as I know this is discussed there. I'll take notes lol and do this after dinner.

I just remembered it came from the Gilbert family. Sheere and I believe her sister went to Oak Beach on May 8th. While there they knocked on Dr Hackett's door. He denied ever calling the Gilbert house during that visit. I am 99% sure of that, will still keep looking for a link.

Later he admitted he did call their house.

"Late he admitted he did call their house."

In the letter?

welcome and no problem.

Your easy mistake is a perfect example of how the facts about CPH are often misunderstood.

CPH has gone on record to deny that he ever made a call to SG's mother the day she went missing. This has been twisted into a rumor that he denied EVER calling SG's mother (which HE DOES NOT deny). There are no phone records to support that first phone call ever existed (therefore the police have debunked that call allegation).

If people are going to suggest that a man is guilty, the case against him should at least be based upon the truth (instead of twisted facts).

Hmmmmm I do think it is very interesting that on the 7th day after Shannan went missing, she and her sister knocked on the Dr's door and knew his name. She said it was the day after they filed a Missing Person report that he had called their house.

I don't think it really matters if he ever denied making the call to the Gilbert house. It was not even public info at that point in time that Shannan was missing!

2 + 2 says they knew who he was by name as he gave it to them on the phone. Plus how would he have known who or what # to call if he hadn't met Shannan?

All said in good nature as it sounds like I'm mad and I'm not. ;}

Does anyone have the papers he faxed to, was it 48hrs? Where they talk back and forth even about the phone records? I can't look up much at the moment on this stinking iPad. Or was that the link our new poster shared?

Btw

Welcome! Don't worry about posting here you will be fine.

There is a link to the PDFs w/ the narrative of the story at the 48 Hours website.

I think the new poster did provide a link.

Hmmmmm I do think it is very interesting that on the 7th day after Shannan went missing, she and her sister knocked on the Dr's door and knew his name. She said it was the day after they filed a Missing Person report that he had called their house.

I don't think it really matters if he ever denied making the call to the Gilbert house. It was not even public info at that point in time that Shannan was missing!

2 + 2 says they knew who he was by name as he gave it to them on the phone. Plus how would he have known who or what # to call if he hadn't met Shannan?

Didn't he say he got the information from MP and AD? AFAIK they haven't denied giving him the number.

This is the problem when we have rumors being spread.

CPH called Mari on May 6th at the request of MP & AD. He made two calls that evening to her.

On May 9th (Mother's Day), Sheeri called him and left a message to call her back (which he did). Shortly after that (on the same day) was when they showed up at his doorstep. He never denied speaking to them. He only denied making any calls prior to May 6th (specifically the call they say he made on May 1st to say that SG was with him).

And let us not forget that Mari has changed her story about that initial call. After not being able to prove that her phone records contained the May 1st call from CPH (as she previously stated), she went on record in this interview to admit that she isn't sure-

Mari didn’t know what to make of the call. Looking back, she can’t even be sure it was Hackett on the phone. If it was him, was he fishing to see if Shannan was all right? Was someone else doing that, using his name?

-NY Magazine Interview

Although everybody here knows how I feel about the 48 Hours letters, I am going to reiterate them again. I personally cannot trust the provenance of the letters. 48 Hours never produced information as to how or If they authenticated the letters' origins. Furthermore, 48 Hours has Never produced any information that proved the letters were written by the person they are attributed to.

I have written CBS asking for information about this and they have yet to write me back.

Until CBS and/or LE comes forward with information as to the letters' authenticity, I cannot and will not accept them as fact regarding how events transpired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay