Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question (as I am not familiar with the laws in Ontario) if DM was charged with multiple murders would he have to serve each sentence consecutively i.e.: 25 x 3 = 75 years or is he able to serve the sentences concurrently... or is it up to the judge? If he fears serving the sentences consecutively it would be a HUGE bargaining chip to get him to talk in return for concurrent sentencing.

It would be up to the judge, and the maximum penalty for 3 murders would be no parole for 75 years

The law was changed Dec 2011

My money is on him bragging to someone about Lb disappearance, then the more evidence that came out one of his friends started to believe him and came forward with what they knew.

So DM purchased the farm in 2011. Did he REALLY want to build a home for himself and fiancee? I'm suspicious. LB disappeared in July 2012. DM already had this property. What did he really want to do with this farm property?

Yes I remember they took away the bobcat. Is this what you are calling the track loader in the post above?

Yes, Bobcat is a trade name. If it had wheels, you'd call it a "Skid Steer" Since it was on rubber tracks, It's a "Track Loader" Bobcat, Kleenex, Javex, All trade names that we use generically to describe SKid Steer, Facial tissues and Bleach.

So DM purchased the farm in 2011. Did he REALLY want to build a home for himself and fiancee? I'm suspicious. LB disappeared in July 2012. DM already had this property. What did he really want to do with this farm property?

Yes, he purchased the farm in May 2011 for himself and his fiancé. Has there ever been confirmation that he even really had a fiancé?

CityTV news just stated that LE are searching the property for the remains of WM???? and LB. (sorry no link yet, it was just on TV)

Why would reporters say this, OR is there more to the story of his death/cremation?????

(Not so) patiently awaiting 6:00 pm and Nick Dixon's interview on CHCH with LE.....

I don't watch much "news" television, just pre-arranged LE pressers for major announcements. Does anyone know if this interview above will really be at 6, or will it be one of those things they "tease" until close to the end of the normal news hour?

In short, is this worth trying to find a live stream?

CityTV news just stated that LE are searching the property for the remains of WM???? and LB. (sorry no link yet, it was just on TV)

Why would reporters say this, OR is there more to the story of his death/cremation?????

Interesting. My first instinct is bad reporting.

Maybe he buried an urn with his father's remains on the property?

I don't watch much "news" television, just pre-arranged LE pressers for major announcements. Does anyone know if this interview above will really be at 6, or will it be one of those things they "tease" until close to the end of the normal news hour?

In short, is this worth trying to find a live stream?

I imagine this will be a top story. Likely at the top of the hour, can't say with 100% certainty though. In my experience, CHCH doesn't "tease" like some other media outlets.

Maybe he buried an urn with his father's remains on the property?

I wonder if there were any "unrecovered" parts of the body. Maybe DM is in the practice of taking souveniers?

This is my thoughts as well. I agree with this theory. I wonder if HPS came across something in their search for the case of Tim Bosma and because the other 2 cases (WM and LB) are not in their jurisdictions TPS had to get their own warrants which would cause the delay. Now they have their warrants so the search continues.

It is also IMO that TPS would NOT notify LB's family until it was confirmed she was found on the farm. There's no reason to do that to the family if it's not her.

I agree. If I recall correctly CBC news posted an article about finding other remains ( over the long weekend) It took LE till Tues to publicly deny it. Did they in fact find other remains but needed time to process and confirm before bringing in TPS. So many unanswered questions as of yet but every piece of info is certainly pointing to DM and friends IMO. I am convinced this was not for money either....the motive is more sinister I think.

Well, the CHCH report told us absolutley nothing we didn't already know :p

CTV Kitchener @ 6 stated there are about 10 LE at the farm, 2 from TPS and the balance from the OPP and Waterloo Region

CHCH Hamilton @ 6 reported, with respect to social media, "over a million transfers of information" are being looked at. WOW

I don't think either of them are talking. They'll stick with that not-guilty plea right till the bitter end. Remember what Padakar said "there's more to this story than what the public knows".

I think it's likely a different kind of search warrant was needed or some kind of technicality had to be taken care of. Maybe they want to search inside the barn and need a separate warrant for that? Or maybe a neighbour remembered seeing something out of the ordinary and informed LE.

Padakar has to say that, as DM pleaded nor guilty and has to come with some hokey story to his lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member