Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you. I deal with extremely wealthy people all the time, and they never "pay cash" for their property. Take from that what you will.

Yeah but he had just sold the other property so the money was probably in the bank

trig-- not sure what web browser you use, but i'm on IE and those "red squiggly lines" bugged me SO much that i googled how to rid myself of them once and for all:

go into tools, then internet options, then programs, then manage add-ons and then un-check spelling correction. worked like a charm!

if your browser is totally different, either google "how to delete spell correction in <browser>"... the directions should be almost as easy :)

Please don't turn off spell checking. Browser based spell checking is one of the best browser improvements of the past few years. And why would you want to submit a post with known spelling errors?

now that we've ascertained in the DM thread that the blue thing is an equipment trailer, any idea what is on it?

(there is a very clear pic of the trailer/equipment on the dellen millard: discuss the case fb page but not sure if i can link it??)

Great thinking..that would make sense then

I agree. DM does not in any way, shape or form strike me as someone who's sentimental, particularly where his late father is concerned. Afterall, this is the punk who continued to reside in the very home his father reportedly committed suicide in......also the same home that DM had all pimped out and turned into a party pad following his Dad's death. I would venture to guess that the very vast majority of people, who if their parents committed suicide in the family home that they also shared, they would be so distraught and quick to sell the home, not being able to go back into the home for obvious reasons. JMO.

His lawyer describes him as a philosopher. I believe philosophers can be sentimental because they are deep thinkers. IMO Also since they had looked at the land together as I understand from something someone else posted, maybe there was some idea of something they bought together. IMO I can see him dropping them from the plane perhaps.

I agree. DM does not in any way, shape or form strike me as someone who's sentimental, particularly where his late father is concerned. Afterall, this is the punk who continued to reside in the very home his father reportedly committed suicide in......also the same home that DM had all pimped out and turned into a party pad following his Dad's death. I would venture to guess that the very vast majority of people, who if their parents committed suicide in the family home that they also shared, they would be so distraught and quick to sell the home, not being able to go back into the home for obvious reasons. JMO.

I think the house was a party pad before WM's death. I saw some photos on FB of the interior of the house and there are multiple flat-screen TV's (as described by one of his friends in a MSM article) and other visible evidence of fun being had. The photos were from August 2011. Incidentally, the same album has a photo of 2 Seadoo's (and the same friend said in that article that DM bought Seadoo's for his friends.)

:truce:
I think the house was a party pad before WM's death. I saw some photos on FB of the interior of the house and there are multiple flat-screen TV's (as described by one of his friends in a MSM article) and other visible evidence of fun being had. The photos were from August 2011. Incidentally, the same album has a photo of 2 Seadoo's (and the same friend said in that article that DM bought Seadoo's for his friends.)

A 27 year old guy who has financial wherewithal who hasn't worked a day in his life and is a CEO of his Dad's company with a stupid red mohawk so he can tie his hat on being a descendant of Joseph Brandt...Well, doesn't that just give a bit of a whiff of him?

moo

Its never been confirmed, but this statement from May 20 in the Toronto Sun, if true, seems to indicate it was on the property prior to LE's search.

An officer could be seen driving around on the property and a flatbed tow truck arrived early in the day and drove to an area of the farm not visible from the road. It emerged mid-afternoon towing a Bobcat-style track loader.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/20/tim-bosma-case-remains-found-on-dellen-millards-farm

<modsnip>

These posts are referring to provincial regulations regarding development of land that is zoned agricultural. Unless a dwelling already exists on the land (making it agricultural with a dwelling), it can be very difficult to re-zone to allow a residential dwelling to be constructed. Difficult, but not impossible. It all comes down to the viability of the land being used for legitimate, worthwhile agricultural purposes.

Paying cash for a property is fairly rare (and no, I'm not talking "suitcase full of money" cash), even for people with lots of money to burn. It's unlikely, but I guess in DM's case, entirely possible based on his purchase of the condo.

Yes paying cash for property is rare but this is DM we are talking about....millionaire family and could easily keep the ball rolling by learning and taking over the family business but instead he wants to play video games, do drugs, race in Baha, travel and maybe commit terrible crimes....it is not like he said hey grandpa I am not interested in the business I want to be a doctor, or broker or real estate agent he just wanted to spend money and have fun....this is rare too but it does happen and is happening.

Yes paying cash for property is rare but this is DM we are talking about....millionaire family and could easily keep the ball rolling by learning and taking over the family business but instead he wants to play video games, do drugs, race in Baha, travel and maybe commit terrible crimes....it is not like he said hey grandpa I am not interested in the business I want to be a doctor, or broker or real estate agent he just wanted to spend money and have fun....this is rare too but it does happen and is happening.

3rd generation money...Not so rare. More typical than not.

moo

now that we've ascertained in the DM thread that the blue thing is an equipment trailer, any idea what is on it?

(there is a very clear pic of the trailer/equipment on the dellen millard: discuss the case fb page but not sure if i can link it??)
And where do you think that picture came from? MSM, no doubt. So why not find the picture in MSM and post it with the proper link? Give credit where it's due? Have you looked in the Photo Thread? We might have it posted here already -- with the proper link.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210399"]PHOTOS and MAPS **No Discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The purpose for this thread is to post about the search at North Dumfries. It will be locked until there's news, or the search resumes.

Tim Bosma murder case: Toronto homicide unit suspends search on suspect Dellen Millard's farm due to bad weather
By: Liam Casey GTA, Jennifer Pagliario Staff Reporters, Published on Wed May 29 2013
&#8220;We are there, however the search has been postponed because of weather,&#8221; said Const. Victor Kwong. &#8220;We will continue tomorrow (Thursday) weather permitting.&#8221;

We'll re-open the thread tomorrow unless there's breaking news today. Be sure to alert if you see anything new.

:tyou:

It appears the search is resuming today, so I've reopened the thread. Stay on topic or.....:saber:

:cheers:

Interesting picture to the left in that article from todays search.

It looks like they've found something and they all want to have a look at it.

WEB-millard-search31nw1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member