Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if that IS the case, I don't think there's any law saying you can't do that. I don't see it being any different than spreading someone's ashes pretty much anywhere. And it doesn't make sense to me that he'd bury an urn there, it's not like that farm has any sentimental connection, it's not like it was their family farm.

And IF the urn IS buried somewhere on the farm, because I don't think that's illegal, what would LE hope to find in recovering it? - it's nothing but ashes?

Is there a link to a reputable media article or quote from LE about them searching for WM's remains on the farm?

Curious - am assuming a funeral service was held for WM.....does his Obit state which funeral home was handling the arrangements? Is there any mention in it about a particular cemetery he'd be laid to rest in? Is there a grave site anywhere for him (even cremains often are buried in a plot).

ETA: my response to Kitley was in response to his/her response to someone stating that possibly WM's urn was buried on the farm and that could be what LE are looking for - just to put my response into context

From Toronto Star Article dated May17th
"Despite the case remaining open, the Riverside Cemetery & Cremation Centre in Toronto confirmed Millard’s body was cremated and is interred at an unknown location."

I'm a real estate agent - this happens all the time. I always discourage people from it, because they have their best shot with someone who is solely working in their interests, but they still do it.

As for "representing himself", more than likely he would have had the selling agent prepare an offer, but in the end, the counter-offers and the final outcome are entirely up to him. He sounds like he has been part of a number of real estate deals (got a good deal on the farm) and likely knows what he's doing.
If he paid cash that explains why he got a lower price. I don't know of very many people that have that kind of cash!!

I'm 5 minuites from the farm we live right near the eand of Roseville rd and the past month has been a steady flow of MSM Le exavators on trailers and even choppers in the sky....
Thanks to everyone for being so Sluethy your all so awesome Im happy I found this site.

When DM bought the farm, he told the real estate agent that he wanted to build a house on the land. Do you know if the planning board would have allowed this? I understand that building houses on prime farm land is forbidden in many areas. Where is the original house that would have been built at the same time as the barn?

When DM bought the farm, he told the real estate agent that he wanted to build a house on the land. Do you know if the planning board would have allowed this? I understand that building houses on prime farm land is forbidden in many areas. Where is the original house that would have been built at the same time as the barn?

From personal knowledge, quote me on this...part of it...most of the woodlot, was provincially protected wetland. But it had a Massive building envelope. Yeah, he could build a mansion there.

From personal knowledge, quote me on this...part of it...most of the woodlot, was provincially protected wetland. But it had a Massive building envelope. Yeah, he could build a mansion there.

Awh, so he could build a house, but I bet that digging around in the provincially protected wetland would have raised a few eyebrows! No wonder the neighbour took pictures!

I highly doubt he paid cash, but I'm sure he could have come up with it if he wanted to.

They only pay cash CASH in the movies :) But as we know cash technically means cheque or debit too but in these cases when talk of cash purchase they are usually talking about a cheque on the spot in your hand so to speak, not the whole mortgage stuff and waiting on financing and approval. So for example if I offered you $800,000 on the spot with a certified cheque would you take that or wait for another offer of $840,000 to go through a mortgage/bank/credit check etc and then fall through 10 days later and now you are waiting again and maybe even having to drop the price, who knows....take the money and run!!! Is my motto :)

I drive past the farm everyday on my way to and from work..I left flowers and actually took the LE that was guarding the farm a coffee one day, as a small token. The whole thing just boggles my mind.

You have no idea how many times I have wondered if I may have seen the vehicles in question there..

I am wondering about the property right across the road. I have a couple of things to question.. (sorry if I missed posts on these)

1. If I understand correctly, the last business dealings with MillardAir was the transportation of automobile parts. I would think that anyone involved in the legal activity of such a business would surely know about the illegal part as well. Perhaps the later proved more lucrative..JMO

2. The farm immediately across the road has a landing strip. I just find it ironic that DM would just happen to come across a farm property that has a landing strip so close. Is there any record of him ever seeking permission to use that strip and or having done so? If so, it would be quite convenient. (now in saying that, I admit I know nothing about rules with regard to flight patterns and permissions so I may be totally off base)

Awh, so he could build a house, but I bet that digging around in the provincially protected wetland would have raised a few eyebrows! No wonder the neighbour took pictures!

I actually looked at the woodlot across the road for purchase in 2008. My family all moved to the area about 20 years ago...leaving me stranded in Chatham-Kent...lol

Way early in the case someone in the thread posted an aerial shot of a small plane coming in for a landing in the strip across from the farm.

They only pay cash CASH in the movies :) But as we know cash technically means cheque or debit too but in these cases when talk of cash purchase they are usually talking about a cheque on the spot in your hand so to speak, not the whole mortgage stuff and waiting on financing and approval. So for example if I offered you $800,000 on the spot with a certified cheque would you take that or wait for another offer of $840,000 to go through a mortgage/bank/credit check etc and then fall through 10 days later and now you are waiting again and maybe even having to drop the price, who knows....take the money and run!!! Is my motto :)

That's my take on "Cash" too. Means I can write a cheque today and it'll clear. Whether I have prearranged financing or cash in the bank is irrelevant what matters is, do you want to seal the deal right now...because I can...That's a cash offer.

You can't make this statement unless you personally know everyone on this site. Have you met everyone to know that " they are coming from people who's only exposure to the stuff is via tv, movies or hearsay" ??? You have no idea, trust me..............

IMO I think being trained about the stuff as a 'professional' which I count myself as, bears little connection as to the reality of being a part of the binges or as an onlooker. I too have misgivings about certain posts but everyone has an opinion, whether right or wrong. JMO

you know the red squiggly lines don't help me spell any better they just tell me I ooopsed

trig-- not sure what web browser you use, but i'm on IE and those "red squiggly lines" bugged me SO much that i googled how to rid myself of them once and for all:

go into tools, then internet options, then programs, then manage add-ons and then un-check spelling correction. worked like a charm!

if your browser is totally different, either google "how to delete spell correction in <browser>"... the directions should be almost as easy :)

It would be up to the judge, and the maximum penalty for 3 murders would be no parole for 75 years

The law was changed Dec 2011
Thanks for this information! Knowing this, IMO I think the TPS search is for LB remains and I think DM is talking in return for concurrent sentencing. I think DM is the only person connected to both the TB and LB cases.

Way early in the case someone in the thread posted an aerial shot of a small plane coming in for a landing in the strip across from the farm.
The owners were interviewed early on...ugh don't make me dig for the msm lol

I highly doubt he paid cash, but I'm sure he could have come up with it if he wanted to.

Waterloo Record:
The 46-hectrace farm on Roseville Road belongs to Dellen Millard, the 27-year-old charged with first-degree murder in the death of Bosma. He bought the farm for $835,000 cash in May 2011, telling the realtor he wanted to build a dream house for himself and his fiancée.
http://www.therecord.com/sports/article/941160--investigators-return-to-millard-s-roseville-farm

Good for you. I deal with extremely wealthy people all the time, and they never "pay cash" for their property. Take from that what you will.

The people you deal with probably don't have cash in the bank.

Waterloo Record:
The 46-hectrace farm on Roseville Road belongs to Dellen Millard, the 27-year-old charged with first-degree murder in the death of Bosma. He bought the farm for $835,000 cash in May 2011, telling the realtor he wanted to build a dream house for himself and his fiancée.
http://www.therecord.com/sports/article/941160--investigators-return-to-millard-s-roseville-farm

DM is worth a lot of money, that airport hanger cost $8 million. We're not dealing with chump change here.

You would be a complete moron to buy that property with a mortgage if you were in fact able to pay for it in cash....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member