Police say parents are not answering vital questions #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then, it's a moot point. If you can't verify it, why did you bring it up?

Ham didn't bring it up. It was brought up once before yet wasn't discussed further. (It is discussed on other forums.)

Ham we posted at the same time. lol

hmmm...then my opinion would be he's not telling them anything too damning.

Nobody knows what Jersey is and isn't telling LE. One day I hope we find out...hopefully when DB is arrested everything will come out. IMHOO

Ham didn't bring it up. It was brought up once before yet wasn't discussed further. (It is discussed on other forums.)

Ham we posted at the same time. lol

Yep, and like I said, those posts go poof.

3. . .2. . .. 1.. . .bye bye

I didn't see any ammo for those guns though. We don't know if there was any or if there was, where it was. The photo was also taken after the search, so very well could have been left there by LE.

I know several men and women who own guns and rifles.
They always have ammo.

I disagree. If he knows anything. . he is going to talk. He's already in jail for something else and looking at time. If he didn't kill Lisa but knows something why wouldn't he be spilling it? The first to talk is the first to walk. I think he has been telling what he knows. I don't think he killed Lisa, but he knows some things. So he is talking. It serves him. JMHO
IMO he wouldn't be talking if his part in this is much worse for him to talk than to keep quiet and just do the time for what you are charged currently for. Why would he do that to himself? If he is not talking, then he is in deep IMO.

Slightly O/T: Someone splain this one... when I try to look up DBs online case files I get "access denied". I can look up other people, including JI, but not her... a big HMMM

Slightly O/T: Someone splain this one... when I try to look up DBs online case files I get "access denied". I can look up other people, including JI, but not her... a big HMMM
Can't look at the other DB either. Maybe too many hits. I have seen this in other high profile cases.

Hi, I am not as up-to-date on this case but here in Oz we had something similar.

Kiesha went missing all very strange and certainly appeared to be the mum and stepdad. Months went by .... media was quiet (we get much less info then you do)..... but eventually they got them and they are awaiting trial.

The police knew but carefully bided their time and now have a solid case to take to trial. It has been very frustrating waiting and wondering, but her body was found and the culprits have been charged.... thanks to the patience of police.

My point is these cases do affect the police, but they often have a strategy that maybe frustrating, but getting the right and solid result is what counts, it would be far worse for it to be thrown out of court.

JMO

I don't understand why DB can't be arrested for child endangerment. I.E. being admittedly blacked out drunk when something happens to a child.

This is a recent local story of something similar and this lady has been charged... "A 15 month old little boy drowned Monday in St. Charles, and now his aunt is charged in his death. Police say 35 year old Erin Lottman got drunk while babysitting her nephew and then took him swimming. Prosecutors charged her Tuesday with involuntary manslaughter and endangering the welfare of a child. Both are felonies."
http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-wo...nk-as-toddler-drowns-20110802,0,2015474.story
Then they could question DB ALL they want.

If LE were to charge her with this Neglect, etc, she would simply 'Bail Out" and we know she wouldn't talk. Doubtful she would spend a day in jail. Then there is the problem that anything they gleaned from that charge has to be given to attorneys as discovery. That would be displaying their hand.

They likely could win a conviction on the lesser charges against DB regarding Lisa. Here is the problem. In the future if they get more information/evidence that DB killed her child then the State would not be allowed to use the other conviction (and all its information about Lisa they gleaned) in the new case in a Court of Law...as that would be double jeopardy because she had been convicted on charges that involved Lisa's harm and that would have to be part of the new charges.

When they get more information and decide to charge her, they will include all the minor charges, such as neglect, lies, etc at that time.

DB has case files online? She must have friends in high places. :coffeews:

DB has case files online that can't be accessed? She must have friends in high places. :coffeews:

Maybe JI is not furious because he knows that DB is the good mother that all of the people who know her seem to think that she is. Maybe he believes her because he knows in his heart that she could not/would not have harmed the baby. Maybe he realizes that life is full of coincidences and that when you attempt to reconstruct incidents after the fact, a lot of things that would mean nothing on a normal night, can be twisted to seem sinister.

That's not to say that he would necessarily be right, but it would explain why he supports her. Actually, I think it's very interesting that no one in his or her family, except that one uncle or whatever, even hints that they don't believe her. That's rare, in my opinion. Usually in a case like this, with this much negative public opinion against a parent, there would be people from the other parent's side starting to show some doubt. If the people closest to them are not wavering, that would seem like maybe Deb has some rather positive mothering skills, and is not just the box-wine-drinking, leave-the-baby-in-the-crib, neglectful, irresponsible mother that some people interpret her to be.

JMO

Yep jeremy irwin and ron cummings seem to share very special qualities. :rolleyes:

IMO he wouldn't be talking if his part in this is much worse for him to talk than to keep quiet and just do the time for what you are charged currently for. Why would he do that to himself? If he is not talking, then he is in deep IMO.

He would be talking because he didn't kill Lisa!!!! He knows something about that night. He was involved. . .they know that by the phone calls made from that phone. .. maybe by the cigarette butts left that night. .maybe there were glasses in the sink that night. Maybe the house was filled with his fingerprints and DNA! He is absolutely talking! Look at the LE searches after he was picked up. If he knew anything why wouldn't he talk? If he didn't kill Lisa he would be singing like a canary,. . .he's in for a class C felony. I would bet my left tit that he doesn't want to go down for kidnapping or murder. Duh! :doh:

If LE were to charge her with this Neglect, etc, she would simply 'Bail Out" and we know she wouldn't talk. Doubtful she would spend a day in jail. Then there is the problem that anything they gleaned from that charge has to be given to attorneys as discovery. That would be displaying their hand.

They likely could win a conviction on the lesser charges against DB regarding Lisa. Here is the problem. In the future if they get more information/evidence that DB killed her child then the State would not be allowed to use the other conviction (and all its information about Lisa they gleaned) in the new case in a Court of Law...as that would be double jeopardy because she had been convicted on charges that involved Lisa's harm and that would have to be part of the new charges.

When they get more information and decide to charge her, they will include all the minor charges, such as neglect, lies, etc at that time.

Absolute friggin lutely! My brother had an open case against Maurice Clemmons when he decided to shoot down 4 Lakewood police officers in cold blood. It was better, at that point, to put his case on the back burner while they went after him on Murder 1. It was a scary time for my family. Clemmons had already threatened my brother, but that is kind of routine in these cases. If I had a nickel for every time my brother gets a death threat, I would be a wealthy woman. But when it came to light that he had actually carried out something, my brother's family. . including my SIL and my nephew, went into hiding. My Mom lives alone and my brother didn't want her to be alone. She slept here. I have a different last name because of marriage and it's a fairly common one. But I will tell you, not one of us slept well that night. . .and there was a marked police car parked at the end of our dead end street. It still shakes me to the core just to talk about it. He was one crazy *advertiser censored*. But the point is, these lesser charges go to the back burner. Prosecutors want to get these guys on the biggest charge. That is absolutely routine. I know.

BTW. . that *advertiser censored* stood up during a family dinner and said that he was going to shoot up a school and kill kids and police officers and not one family member stood up and told him he was nuts. The police were called later that night, and that's where my brother's case came in. . assault of a police officer. It didn't come out til after he shot and killed 4 police officers who gathered in the morning to go over their sheets at a Forza less than 2 miles from my house. Any one of those could have prevented this. . .but they didn't. Yep, people protect their crazy family members. Sad, but true. :(

OMG! Sorry to hear how about your brother and those creeps. He is an a very dangerous job. People have no idea what it is like to deal daily with the druds of society. I am personally very glad and appreciate the job LE does.

I wish people could walk down one tier of a high security prison, then tell me they don't want the 's to be put to death.

Hi, I am not as up-to-date on this case but here in Oz we had something similar.

Kiesha went missing all very strange and certainly appeared to be the mum and stepdad. Months went by .... media was quiet (we get much less info then you do)..... but eventually they got them and they are awaiting trial.

The police knew but carefully bided their time and now have a solid case to take to trial. It has been very frustrating waiting and wondering, but her body was found and the culprits have been charged.... thanks to the patience of police.

My point is these cases do affect the police, but they often have a strategy that maybe frustrating, but getting the right and solid result is what counts, it would be far worse for it to be thrown out of court.

JMO

That's what many of us are holding out for. I know that I , personally, just want whoever DID it to be caught and punished. I don't care if it's DB/JI or Jersey, or someone we have no clue about.

The problem is that there is no real evidence THAT WE KNOW OF against the parents, and only some circumstantial stuff (plus his criminal history) against Jersey, and only innuendo about anyone else. Until that changes, I look at everyone as being innocent.

It's far better to assume innocence than to make a dreadful mistake and assume guilt. Imagine if those parents are completely innocent - I don't want to be heaping this horrible public opinion and negative energy on them. There will be plenty of time for that once we see what REALLY happened, no matter who is the culprit. :)

DB has case files online? She must have friends in high places. :coffeews:

As far as I know, the case files are for a different person with DB's name. My guess is that if they locked up the files, it was to protect HER privacy, because chances are that this poor woman's file has been getting hundreds (if not thousands) of hits just by the bad luck of having the same name, and that is just wrong.

I can't prove it, but there have been a lot posts saying that (Lisa's mother) DB had no criminal records. So, JMO ;)

Can I get a cup of that coffee? Never mind, I am going back to bed as soon as I get my hubby out the door, LOL.

Yep jeremy irwin and ron cummings seem to share very special qualities. :rolleyes:

I didn't really follow Haleigh - honestly because I thought from about the second or so day that dad and GF were guilty of something. They seemed really weaselly to me, and their backgrounds were just too shaky. I still gave (and give) them the benefit of the doubt, but it seems best to stay away from cases where I can't really believe in the parents.

In this case I didn't see the same. The parents seem genuinely distraught, and they both have clean histories.

Sure, there are people who kill their kids without records, but in my opinion, those are mostly crazies who do almost nothing to cover it up. The ones who run the kid down to the river are way more likely to have abuse/neglect/CPS or LE histories, and they are really scared of getting caught.

I will be sorry if I am wrong, because I really want the parents (ALL parents) to be innocent. But if they are guilty, I will be screaming just as loud for their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx