POLL ADDED Connect The Dots-Working theories thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is your theory in Kyron's disappearance?

• Terri alone is responsible for Kyron's disappearance and it was unplanned, an accident.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Terri alone is responsible for Kyron's disappearance and it was planned.

Votes: 43 15.8%
  • Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, it was unplanned and DeDe was called for help

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, it was planned and DeDe helped plan it.

Votes: 108 39.6%
  • A stranger abducted Kyron. (Stranger being ANYONE except Terri, DeDe or accomplice.)

Votes: 20 7.3%
  • Kyron is still at the school or somewhere around the school grounds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • A stranger abducted Kyron or Kyron is still at the school or somewhere around school grounds.

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • No idea

Votes: 47 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the RO, I'd think its primarily the fact that she hasn't challenged it.

I mean, imagine if you were COMPLETELY INNOCENT... how much would you take? What would it be that would make you stand up and say ENOUGH.. I'm being accused of something I had nothing to do with, I understand that you are convinced otherwise but I AM INNOCENT and you CANNOT do this to me, I will not ALLOW you to do this to me or to my daughter.

For me, if I were innocent losing access to my child, not being able to visit with her, tuck her in at night, take her to the park..all of that stuff would not be something I'd just take. Nobody would be able to keep me from dragging KH to a judge and demanding that he put up some evidence or let me see my kid. If I were innocent there would be NOBODY who could keep me from my child for this amount of time, a few days till I could find a lawyer to make it happen, maybe, but no longer than that.

Why hasn't Terri done this? To me its hard to find an answer except one that involves at least some level of participation that she KNOWS they can prove. Either participation to the point that the she doesn't have a chance before a judge or confirmed behavior after the crime (such as hiding her involvement or knowledge) that would ruin her chances. I think one or the other likely exists. Even if she is guilty but knows LE can't prove it, wouldn't she take a chance to be able to have access to Baby K for a short time at least?

I have the exact same questions and quandries SusieMom! She now has not seen her daughter or had any contact with her in about 11 weeks!!!! If she IS the loving mom/stepmom that some believe she is, THIS WOULD BE KILLING HER!!! and I dont think anything would stop her from speaking up and taking a stand to get access to her baby. My God, her arms would be aching to hold her child and at this point she would be absolutely desperate...almost as desperate as K and D are to get Kyron back....this is the non-quantitative fact that pushes me off the fence to the guilty side of the yard.....as a mom, there is NO WAY IN HELL someone could keep me from my babies for this amount of time if I were innocent. Even a high priced defense attorney threatening to drop my case if I opened my mouth would not be able to stop me

A theory has surfaced that TH sent K underground to protect him from some type of harm..if there were any truth to that at all than would she be able to endure leaving her own flesh and blood child in harms way with the same people she was protecting K from? not buying that at all...

Regarding the RO, I'd think its primarily the fact that she hasn't challenged it.

I mean, imagine if you were COMPLETELY INNOCENT... how much would you take? What would it be that would make you stand up and say ENOUGH.. I'm being accused of something I had nothing to do with, I understand that you are convinced otherwise but I AM INNOCENT and you CANNOT do this to me, I will not ALLOW you to do this to me or to my daughter.

For me, if I were innocent losing access to my child, not being able to visit with her, tuck her in at night, take her to the park..all of that stuff would not be something I'd just take. Nobody would be able to keep me from dragging KH to a judge and demanding that he put up some evidence or let me see my kid. If I were innocent there would be NOBODY who could keep me from my child for this amount of time, a few days till I could find a lawyer to make it happen, maybe, but no longer than that.

Why hasn't Terri done this? To me its hard to find an answer except one that involves at least some level of participation that she KNOWS they can prove. Either participation to the point that the she doesn't have a chance before a judge or confirmed behavior after the crime (such as hiding her involvement or knowledge) that would ruin her chances. I think one or the other likely exists. Even if she is guilty but knows LE can't prove it, wouldn't she take a chance to be able to have access to Baby K for a short time at least?

EXACTLY!

No matter how beaten down Terri might be emotionally as described by Cypress' theory (which is excellent as far as it goes), IF SHE IS INNOCENT, then there has to be a point at which she would get herself together enough to fight back, rather than continuing to endure such public misunderstanding and contempt, and more importantly, the loss of her relationship with her daughter.

EXACTLY!

No matter how beaten down Terri might be emotionally as described by Cypress' theory (which is excellent as far as it goes), IF SHE IS INNOCENT, then there has to be a point at which she would get herself together enough to fight back, rather than continuing to endure such public misunderstanding and contempt, and more importantly, the loss of her relationship with her daughter.

Obviously, according to Terri's email to Kaine, she WAS trying to work on things, 'fight back' if you will. Kaine just made the jump faster. He took off with their child and set into motion things Terri had to handle legally. IF SHE IS INNOCENT as you say, it has to be a double hell, having Kyron gone and now her daughter.

EXACTLY!

Obviously, according to Terri's email to Kaine, she WAS trying to work on things, 'fight back' if you will. Kaine just made the jump faster. He took off with their child and set into motion things Terri had to handle legally. IF SHE IS INNOCENT as you say, it has to be a double hell, having Kyron gone and now her daughter.

Debs, I'm talking about fighting back after the RO, not before.

She has not challenged the RO. That's the issue here, not what went on between her and Kaine previous to that.

Yes, the RO is a legal constraint. That's the whole point, that this should have been the turning point for her to scream ENOUGH...and to challenge the RO. She had 30 days in which to do that, as I understand it. Or maybe she still can. But she didn't...she hasn't yet done so, and she remains SILENT.

Debs, I'm talking about fighting back after the RO, not before.

She has not challenged the RO. That's the issue here, not what went on between her and Kaine previous to that.

Yes, the RO is a legal constraint. That's the whole point, that this should have been the turning point for her to scream ENOUGH...and to challenge the RO. She had 30 days in which to do that, as I understand it. Or maybe she still can. But she didn't...she hasn't yet done so, and she remains SILENT.

........and back 'round the circle we go. If said ANYTHING, it could be used against her, even screaming her innocence. Her lawyer is a bulldog. I would have twitched by now. I would have said something. But he knows more than she does about the law. She HAS to trust him or else. I don't think it's a choice for her now. It's a dictate. AND IF SHE IS INNOCENT, it is no doubt comparable in heartbreak to Sophie's Choice, to use a movie analogy.

Cypress, I think the reason the accomplice theory is so firmly rooted in Desiree's mind is in order for Kyron to be still be alive, unfortunately there had to be someone else involved at some point to be still taking care of him.

........and back 'round the circle we go. If said ANYTHING, it could be used against her, even screaming her innocence. Her lawyer is a bulldog. I would have twitched by now. I would have said something. But he knows more than she does about the law. She HAS to trust him or else. I don't think it's a choice for her now. It's a dictate. AND IF SHE IS INNOCENT, it is no doubt comparable in heartbreak to Sophie's Choice, to use a movie analogy.

Well, I don't want to go around that circle again, as I imagine you don't want to, either.

I respect your viewpoint, but don't agree that she has no choice. Everyone always has a choice. And she is choosing to follow her lawyers demand that she remain silent, even though she has no access to her daughter.

Enough said....on my end, anyway.

Yes, and she chose herself to cover. She has sacrificed her children to save herself. This isn't choosing which child to die like in Sophie's Choice. This is choosing to save herself above having a relationship at all with her children. She's willing to give up being any part of baby K or J's life just so she can save herself from a situation she totally got herself into in the first place. This is completely selfish on her part, innocent or not, heeding her lawyer's advice or not.

As a parent, you're supposed to give up your life for your child, not give up your child's life to save yourself. That is a lot of what's wrong in this country today and why so many children are abused and killed. It's the parent first, children never. And Terri has clearly demonstrated that her life, her rights, her everything is far more important than her kids. That is just sad and selfish to me.

And honestly, someone giving up their kids to save themselves is someone who is willing to use/hurt/kill those kids to get what they want.

Cypress

I really think yours have been best thought out and intelligently presented posts I have seen on this subject. Kudos...and keep 'em coming.

Yes, and she chose herself to cover. She has sacrificed her children to save herself. This isn't choosing which child to die like in Sophie's Choice. This is choosing to save herself above having a relationship at all with her children. She's willing to give up being any part of baby K or J's life just so she can save herself from a situation she totally got herself into in the first place. This is completely selfish on her part, innocent or not, heeding her lawyer's advice or not.

As a parent, you're supposed to give up your life for your child, not give up your child's life to save yourself. That is a lot of what's wrong in this country today and why so many children are abused and killed. It's the parent first, children never. And Terri has clearly demonstrated that her life, her rights, her everything is far more important than her kids. That is just sad and selfish to me.

And honestly, someone giving up their kids to save themselves is someone who is willing to use/hurt/kill those kids to get what they want.

IMO, she's completely screwed no matter what she does now whether innocent (said with an eye-roll) or guilty....her selfish choices have led to her ultimate demise whether it be now or later...

even if (and I highly doubt) she was only involved as an accessory in K's disappearance she has seriously and permanently damaged any chance she has now or in the future for any kind of normal life or relationship with ANY of her kids....even if we never get any answers, her own actions and inactions to date have caused enough doubt and uncertainty to insure that.

She WILL wear a scarlet letter forever...it could be one of many..

1. murderer
2. kidnapper
3. uncaring parent
4. selfish witch
5. adulterer
6. liar
7. etc.......

One label she will most certainly NEVER wear now....unless some big bombshell comes out that none of us could ever have foreseen is VICTIM

I just cant see her being able to spin this to ultimately save herself....even if its only to salvage a relationship with Baby K later in life...I think she's sealed her fate so to speak

A theory has surfaced that TH sent K underground to protect him from some type of harm..if there were any truth to that at all than would she be able to endure leaving her own flesh and blood child in harms way with the same people she was protecting K from? not buying that at all...

Why does it have to be Kaine she's shielding him from?

Why does it have to be Kaine she's shielding him from?

Im sorry but did I say Kaine somewhere and not realize it? I believe I said "people" meaning assumedly that Kyron would have been being harmed by someone around him that he knew, whether it be family, associates, neighbors, school staff ANYONE....I guess I was inferring that siblings would probably all be exposed to the same "people" and without mom around to even monitor or try and shield

Im sorry but did I say Kaine somewhere and not realize it? I believe I said "people" meaning assumedly that Kyron would have been being harmed by someone around him that he knew, whether it be family, associates, neighbors, school staff ANYONE....I guess I was inferring that siblings would probably all be exposed to the same "people" and without mom around to even monitor or try and shield

The theories I've seen on this are primarily that she felt Kyron was abused in the home, Kaine was a bully, etc., so Terri *disappeared* him for his own safety. I've not seen any that put forth that Kyron was possibly abused outside the home. But point taken.

But isn't "giving up her kids" exactly what DY has done? Twice?? From what I've read, she chose to not contest her sons' fathers' custody. Why then is she regarded with such admiration and TH, with scorn? If TH is not responsible for Kyron's disappearance, exactly what situation did she get herself into ?

The way I see it, the temporary RO is something that can wait to be dealt with once the truly damaging factor is over. TH and her attorney are now fully aware that she is a suspect (albeit unnamed) in Kyron's disappearance and probable death. Once that shadow of suspicion is removed from her officially, TH will have no problem with regaining custody of her daughter, if only on a shared basis.

On the other hand, if LE is able to find evidence sufficient to convict her of Kyron's disappearance, she will be imprisoned for a very long time and the baby will most likely never see her mother again.

I don't think anyone has actually said Terri was protecting Kyron from Kaine...only that she may have told this to others, if indeed this was the ruse used to get others to help her with whatever plan she may have had, if she had one.

I don't think anyone has actually said Terri was protecting Kyron from Kaine...only that she may have told this to others, if indeed this was the ruse used to get others to help her with whatever plan she may have had, if she had one.

Yeah. She convinced others he was abusive in some manner. Or that she did believe him to be. I've seen both angles tossed about. I don't believe either, though.

But isn't "giving up her kids" exactly what DY has done? Twice?? From what I've read, she chose to not contest her sons' fathers' custody. Why then is she regarded with such admiration and TH, with scorn? If TH is not responsible for Kyron's disappearance, exactly what situation did she get herself into ?

The way I see it, the temporary RO is something that can wait to be dealt with once the truly damaging factor is over. TH and her attorney are now fully aware that she is a suspect (albeit unnamed) in Kyron's disappearance and probable death. Once that shadow of suspicion is removed from her officially, TH will have no problem with regaining custody of her daughter, if only on a shared basis.

On the other hand, if LE is able to find evidence sufficient to convict her of Kyron's disappearance, she will be imprisoned for a very long time and the baby will most likely never see her mother again.

JMO but parents who regularly see their children and have a relationship with them although they primarily live with the other parent did not give up their children. One of the divorced parents has to be in that position if 50-50 is not practical for one reason or another.

It's a far cry from parents who have restraining orders that prohibit them from having any access to their children.

JMO but parents who regularly see their children and have a relationship with them although they primarily live with the other parent did not give up their children. One of the divorced parents has to be in that position if 50-50 is not practical for one reason or another.

It's a far cry from parents who have restraining orders that prohibit them from having any access to their children.

Respectfully, Donjeta...

IMHO, the RO taken against her under these dire circumstances, is an insurmountable obstacle, as long as her role in Kyron's disappearance is in question, even as a de facto suspect. I truly believe there is no way she can challenge it successfully until LE comes right out and declares her to not be suspect.

And yes, in most divorces the children live primarily with one parent. In most cases that parent is the mother, although more fathers nowadays are seeking primary caregiver status. I find it most unusual that a mother would cede primary custody to 2 separate ex husbands. DY and her current husband appear to have a good marriage and they are both gainfully employed. It just seems peculiar to me that DY has not fought harder to obtain custody, at least of little Kyron, particularly in view of her statements that he cried when he had to go back home after his twice a month visits.

Thank you. There is just no comparison. DY didn't hurt or kill Kyron. DY is not currently under suspicion and NOT seeing her kids. DY has/had a relationship with both of kids DESPITE having serious medical issues (I put had because I don't think Kyron is alive anymore). DY did what was BEST for her kids in her situation, which was medical, not legal. She doesn't have the pressure of being investigated on her. She doesn't have to worry because she didn't do anything wrong here. TH has shot herself in the foot over and over again, aand constantly cast suspicion back on herself. She has no one to blame for her position but herself. And now she's choosing to hide behind her lawyer and say nothing while two children remain motherless. I see nothing but love for her children from DY. I'm sure she sees/saw them as much as she can and wishes nothing more than to have Kyron back in her arms someday. I see nothing but love only for herself from TH. Those poor children of hers, and she doesn't care at all what they are going through.

I just don't get at all how DY and TH can possibly be seen as the same. It is beyond disturbing to see the thought over and over again that somehow these women are exactly the same in the exact same situation. That could not be further from the truth.

Any thoughts on the timing?

If you mean why (assuming that my theory that TH planned and took Kyron is correct) TH did what I think she did when she did it, then there could be a number of possibilities. I'm not sure what prompts anyone to decide "this is it. I can't take anymore and I'm doing this now.", a la scott peterson, Susan Smith, casey anthony, Diane Downs, etc. But in all of these cases, I believe that the person or persons they disappeared or killed became the source or symbol of their anguish, in their minds, over time, and they began planning how to get rid of the "problem". I think they either look for the best moment
possible to do what they want to do, or something specific happens that makes them determined to create that moment, instead of waiting for the "right" time. For example, I believe casey anthony decided in March 2008 to get rid of Caylee. She began thinking and planning. Then there was a terrible fight between her and her mother. That's when the planning sort of ended and the plan became a sudden reality. Just my theory.

I don't know TH or any of the people involved in this case and unlike some of the others mentioned above, I don't feel I have anywhere near the info I need to create a halfway credible psych profile. So my guesses are based on little things here and there, comments by people who know TH, her own e-mails, FB, etc. It's not enough for me to feel confident as to exactly what makes her tick. But my sense is that she could be the type who needs to feel adored and sexy by the person she's with. Hence, the several marriages - when the excitement of the new relationship ends, she gets out. (I'm just supposing here.) Perhaps the reality of marriage and family with a guy who seems to me not to be too emotive, kind of technical and perhaps wooden, began to press down on the fantasy of creating a family with a guy who left a more attractive woman (JMO), for TH, who maybe never felt attractive enough. "See? I am beautiful. I'm better than this woman who thinks she's so pretty. Her husband left her for me even though she was pregnant!", or whatever.
I have a friend who's like this. It's sad. She flits from man to man, marriage to marriage, very insecure about her looks, constantly getting bigger *advertiser censored*, working out, redying her hair, having extended photo shoots of herself for no reason. And it seems her goal is to prove to herself that the guy she has her eye on, really, really wants her. The sex will be fantastic at first. She'll know this is the one. Everything she does will be to get this guy. And when she does, when he proves he wants her and wants to be committed, within a couple of months, she's done. It stems from her being a mousy but adorable little girl whose parents were cold and withheld love. When she became a teen and realized she could use her sexuality to get attention, boy she was off!
In any event, TH may be someone like this. Now she finds herself in a relationship in which the fantasy has faded and the reality is not so good. Maybe she begins to blame Kaine for the fading of the fantasy. Maybe she begins to also question her own worth and attractiveness as the reason reality is not what she expected. She may not understand that the excitement and passion of any new relationship cannot be sustained for long, especially when bills and problems, babies, barf, illness, and fights, sleep deprivation, work and the guy farting in the bed next to her, become the day to day. But she doesn't understand that this is normal. And due to deep-seated insecurities that she cannot face, she blames others. And due to possible other, more abnormal problems, like PPD, or a personality disorder, or whatever, that blame takes on a dangerous focus: "It's Kyron. He is the reason our life is not so good. He's always been in the way. If it was only me and Baby K and Kaine, things would be better. Kaine doesn't love me and the baby as much as he does Kyron. He needs to go. He's the problem. That will show Kaine too. I'll get him for not giving me what I deserve. Then, he'll learn. And DY too. She thinks she's all that. I know she does. She thinks she's a better mom than me. She thinks she's prettier than me. She probably thinks she can get Kaine back too. Well, I'll show her. She'll never get Kaine back and now she won't get Kyron back either. Then they'll see."
I believe that the thinking or criminals is convoluted and their reasoning complex. It doesn't make sense because it is abnormal. For example, in casey anthony's case, I think she saw Caylee as a burden who prevented her from being free to party, and also as a source of constant criticism and anger by her mother: "You aren't a good mom. You need to get a job and stay home and take care of your own baby." At the same time, she saw Caylee as usurping her place/role as the adored and spoiled princess of the family. And, she was horribly jealous and angry at her mom for trying to take her place as Caylee's mother. So, killing Caylee was a way to get rid of the burden, get back her place as princess, and punish her mother for criticizing her and for trying to be the mother to Caylee that casey was supposed to be. It's a mess.
Similar thinking may have taken place here. I do not believe this was precipitated by any affair on Kaine's part or anything like that. It was probably a combination of things for Terri that led to a growing obsession that Kyron was both the problem and the means for getting back at those TH feels wronged her or posed a threat to her. I believe this was planned but I don't know why, on that day. It could have been opportunity, it could have been a comment, anything, really. It's hard to understand a mind as disordered as that of a person who could harm a child. Who knows.
These are just theories I'm putting out there based on the scant info I have which may or may not be reality. It will be interesting to find out more. The reasoning of criminals and their psychology is something that I'm always trying to figure out. I guess as a way to perhaps protect myself and my loved ones from similar people that may come into our lives. But there is so little actual info in this case that I can only imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member