POLL ADDED Connect The Dots-Working theories thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What is your theory in Kyron's disappearance?

• Terri alone is responsible for Kyron's disappearance and it was unplanned, an accident.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Terri alone is responsible for Kyron's disappearance and it was planned.

Votes: 43 15.8%
  • Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, it was unplanned and DeDe was called for help

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, it was planned and DeDe helped plan it.

Votes: 108 39.6%
  • A stranger abducted Kyron. (Stranger being ANYONE except Terri, DeDe or accomplice.)

Votes: 20 7.3%
  • Kyron is still at the school or somewhere around the school grounds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • A stranger abducted Kyron or Kyron is still at the school or somewhere around school grounds.

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • No idea

Votes: 47 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another thought/opinion to add... I really think this landscaper is in LEs radar.... Surely, he is not just volunteering this info now out of the kindness of his heart... I would think he would have left the day Terri asked him to kill her husband.. I would have. Not to mention going to LE... I really don't feel this info came out voluntarly (sp).. I think it was a tip ... JMO/MOO..

I also truely pray that they polygraphed the landscaper before they did the sting... I hope the LE pretty much have this case wrapped up, because Terri won't be talking now.. She lawyer up after that sting... I almost feel like that was too huge of a gamble to even try...

I feel that they put way too much pressure on her to the point that she clammed up... I pray they already had the case solved before the sting... :praying:

I'm wondering if Terri and Kyron left the science fair and went to Sauvie Island to get something for the science project...more tree frogs...who knows. A remote part of the island is what I'm picturing.

Once there, something he does or doesn't do...enrages her. She take his glasses and leaves him there to punish him.

The parents said in an interview that losing his glasses and not being able to find his way is Kyron's greatest fear. Terri knows this too. Maybe this starts out as rage and a punishment.

The parents also said in that interview that there was some issue at school about listening to adults, doing what he was told.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rx3YHyQrM8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Both statements about the fear and the obedience issue are here.

She may have even planned to go back after she's scared him and punished him enough. "If you don't listen to me, this is what's going to happen."

Maybe she even returned, but then, she can't find him.

How does she call for help or tell Kaine? She has endangered a child. This is all her fault. She finally goes home and decides to play a role.

She can't help now because she doesn't know where he is out there or what exactly happened.

I think this woman has been dealing with rage issues for a long while. The whole "hit man" thing may be conversations that took place during outbursts of rage.

I haven't been able to read ALL of the posts in the multiple threads about the landscaper/hitman posts. Nor have I read all the posts in this thread yet. But I think I have enough info to get a decent theory going. So here it goes:

I believe that:
  • TH older son and KH were not getting along.
  • The older son was sent to live elsewhere.
  • Terri resented this. A LOT.
  • Terri schemed up a plot to put a hit on KH. (The landscaper we all know about now is just one of the potential hitman. He didn't take her up on the deal, but she eventually found someone who would.) This would serve two purposes: revenge and life insurance money (working for Intel and making $80-100k/yr, I feel secure in thinking that he probably had pretty decent life insurance)
  • Who are the beneficiaries of the life insurance? Well, her and the children of course.
  • Problem #1: If KH is killed, Kyron and his portion of the LI$ goes to DY. This cannot be.
  • Problem #2: How to pay said hitman?
  • Solution to Problems 1 & 2: Sell Kyron. This serves 2 purposes: Kyron is no longer around to take any part of the LI$. And TH can use the proceeds of the sale to pay the hitman on KH.
  • So....who to sell Kyron to? Hmmm...perhaps her brother-in-law (a convicted SO) might know someone who would find an 8yo boy useful? Perhaps they may also know a good hitman?
  • So, TH finds a buyer for Kyron. This is where I have two ideas of what happened next:
    A) Kyron left with TH and she took him to SI to hand him off to his new owner​
    B) TH strategically manipulated Kyron into a location where his new owner could nab him (possibly silence him with duct tape or a nice smack to the head) and stuff him into a trash can or storage container of some sort) and go one way with Kyron while TH went another way so she could be seen leaving without Kyron. In this scenario, perhaps they meet up at SI to exchange $$$ between the buyer-->TH and/or TH-->hitman.​
  • TH goes about her day, eventually going home and posting pictures on FB and such.
  • KH and TH go to meet the school bus....Kyron isn't on it. Cops are called, everything becomes MUCH larger than she ever expected (I seriously doubt she ever thought there'd be national attention like this...definitely not part of her perfect plan). Now she's screwed.

ETA: I think the renewed vibe that Kyron might still be alive is that they are trying to track down whoever TH sold Kyron to (and the BIL/SO may be helping in that process, his motivation being some leniency on his own current legal issues).

I am thinking in two different directions. Who leapt at the chance to take advantage of the science fair? This is a crime where the opportunity came up, and someone took the chance, but who?

One: Kyron never left school. Someone had noticed Kyron, and was waiting for him to separate from Terri. This person would have had to been involved with the school somehow, to know about the science fair. It would only take a little bit to tell him "Hey, there is a cool electricity exhibit!" to lure him away. Wherever Terri was that morning, was related to dropping off her young daughter, to focus on the science fair with Kyron.

I know, this may not be likely, considering what we have learned about Terri, which leads to my next theory.

Two: Terri was behind this. She knew she had to act the day of the science fair, or lose the chance.

If the hit on Kaine went through, where would that leave things as far as Kyron goes?

What if TH really loved Kyron, and during a heated spat Kaine made it very clear she would never get him if they divorced. Well she sure showed him!!!! She could very well have stashed him..Emails and cell phone would confirm whom she had contact with in the last few months.

I think the LE has looked at Terri's phone and computer weeks ago. They have probably worked through just about everyone, if they got to the landscaper weeks ago, and from what I gather, he no longer worked for her?

So my theory is still that they have a theory but no proof and have pretty much extinguished the idea that she "had help" from anyone in her address books. And are just trying to figure out a way that it would be advantageous for her to talk, without having to give her too much in the way of leniency.

With regard to my feeling that someone lured Kyron : there are very few secrets in small communities. It is quite possible that the person responsible knew a great deal about TH and KH. Predator pedophiles use family strife to their advantage ; either to befriend and groom a would be victim, or to make a child feel that their parents are too "preoccupied " to care for them... A ruse to get the child to trust the pedophile...

Even though this is labeled a "connect the dots " theory thread,IMO it's important to acknowledge that we do not actually have all of the dots. Or even most of the dots. Probably we know very little of the truth. At this time,IMO, one theory is every bit as valid as another one.... Until we get a confession,a plea, or even an arrest....

All JMO

You'd think if you wanted your husband dead, and were willing to start off by selling/killing the child first, that TH could've devised a much better plan where she planned one of those accidents that would kill both hubbie and Kyron at same time.

I don't know what dots to connect. TH must've been thinking very fuzzy to plan this particular scenerio. I have my doubts about the dots.

I would prefer a thread for theories that don't work, because I only have those...

I don't think it's about money. The hit on Kaine might have been (if true) but I doubt she's getting anything out of Kyron's disappearance. Any donations probably wouldn't come to a stepmother but his biological parents. If he was eliminated her daughter would inherit more after K's death (unless he has made a will) but I think he might still inherit unless he is found deceased or declared legally dead, and that might take time. I don't know the Oregon law regarding missing persons.

Hatred of KH maybe... Make him suffer... It would cover both the hit and doing something to Kyron.

You'd think if you wanted your husband dead, and were willing to start off by selling/killing the child first, that TH could've devised a much better plan where she planned one of those accidents that would kill both hubbie and Kyron at same time.

I don't know what dots to connect. TH must've been thinking very fuzzy to plan this particular scenerio. I have my doubts about the dots.
The dots are not connecting.

I'm not certain about Oregon law but I think killing two people at the same time might be risky moneywise because if by any chance the father dies first and it can be determined that his son survived him, even if he dies later of his injuries, it might be that the son inherits his father and later his mother inherits the money from him.

Selling a child wouldn't work if it's about inheritance or insurance money because it may take ages to declare him dead. Not good for fast cash.

I am thinking that Tony Y. probably would not have said what he said, if he did not have more than we know, about dots, etc...

At least, I am thinking that sometimes, but other times, I am thinking that everyone involved (family & LE) are pretty convinced that Terri is guilty and therefore see everything that is coming out as further pointing to her guilt. It goes back to when facts/theories tend to confirm what you already believe, then you are more likely to accept them as true.

But my theory remains that someone took Kyron out of school and LE thinks it was Terri but can't prove it. And that is all.

Although the camera can lie, we've all seen those happy family holiday pictures. The Horman family at Hallowe'en and at Christmas did indeed seem happy, genuinely radiant smiles from the kids, mellow-looking dad, pretty and proud stepmom. Yet one month later, the teenager is sent away and the alleged MFH plot is hatched. Five months later, the little boy has disappeared, the dad looks cold and detached, and the stepmom looks like a different person.

What did the dad do to make his wife wish him dead (if that's what happened)? Why did the stepmom turn into the kind of person of whom people are willing to believe the worst? And where is the dear little child?

Although Kaine and Terri's beginnings were not very nice, if she was indeed on the scene before his divorce, that's a very common situation. They seemed to have moved forward in a fairly straightforward and wholesome way. They lived together for several years before marriage, helped rear each other's kids, bought a house and moved to a new town, had an "ours" baby, the kids seemed to love their lives....until a few short months ago.

Have we seen any pics of Terri (or Kaine) which were taken after Christmas but before June 4? Even if she found out about an affair, that really doesn't seem to account for the changes in her appearance and demeanor or behaviour.

Call me puzzled.

When you start any kind of puzzle your not sure if you can finish it.Connect the dot kind of puzzle is the kind we had when we started school. Very simple. I'm not saying anything other than that. Connect the dots. That was coming from LE (stepfather) Trust it and run with it. It may be frustrating but IMO I believe it to to be the truth.

To all people that knew us, we had the perfect family. Mom, dad, kids. Smiling photos. Dressed to the nines. Family vacations. Family all around, on both sides. Who woulda thunk that the wonderful father would try to kill me? Yep, it happens! Because of this he has no contact with me or the children. He got off on a domestic violence charge, because he had the bucks to hire a good attorney.

To all people that knew us, we had the perfect family. Mom, dad, kids. Smiling photos. Dressed to the nines. Family vacations. Family all around, on both sides. Who woulda thunk that the wonderful father would try to kill me? Yep, it happens! Because of this he has no contact with me or the children. He got off on a domestic violence charge, because he had the bucks to hire a good attorney.

I believe you. I was a stepdaughter to a cop and my Mom worked for a judge and we looked normal and no one would believe how he was for years.They thought he was a great guy. I understand.

My theory is this is possibly an investigation based on confirmation bias rather than any actual evidence. IOW - it appears to be less of an evidence-driven investigation based on empirical data & more of a "she seems guilty, ergo, she must be" investigation, therefore "let's find something - anything - that confirms what we believe" (on LE's part).

Rather than following the evidence to the perp (if there even is any evidence to follow), it appears that LE is hoping to follow the unofficial POI to the evidence. Good luck with that.

Seems like a backwards method to crime investigation, if you ask me.

I admit TH looks guilty as sin, but I'm only on the outside looking in, trying to make sense of what little we know or think we know. Personally, I need more dots before I can connect them.

Also want to add that everyone's theories & ideas have given me food for thought. Thanks!

I'm going to pray for more dots that lead to Kyron being found.

In changing the title of this thread to add 'Connect The Dots', does that mean only theories with Terri as the culprit are allowed?

Nope, I believe that connect the dots means to connect the information that we are given. No adding in your own dots. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18