Poll: Did Casey Really Keep Caylee in the Trunk Before Caylee Died?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did KC Really Keep Caylee in the Trunk at Anytime Before Caylee Died?

• Yes

Votes: 490 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 258 28.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 152 16.9%

• Total voters
I voted no.

What I think happened; Casey drugged the child with home made chloroform, and took her daughter for a final "swim". The dogs hit near the pool and I believe I read something about a swimming diaper. Cindy herself reported the pool ladder was down when they returned home, which she claimed was unusual for the household. I can see Casey being as cowardly as to let the baby slip away under the water...

The fight, impending check fraud doom coming down on her and the chance at finally leaving home with Tony drove Casey to kill Caylee. Shirley Plesea's quote gave me the chills the first time I heard her say it; "I wonder if Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee."

I then think Casey hid Caylee in the sandbox after the murder for a short while, maybe hours since the dogs hit here as well, then returned and wrapped her with items from the home possibly moving her at least one more time (abandoned house?) before transporting her that final time and leaving her in the woods on Suburban late June/early July.

I don't think a live Caylee was in that trunk. If I remember correctly, that was one of LP's theories that I have never shared.
:dance:Welcome to Websleuths!:dance:
Correct me if I am wrong, PLEASE! But didn't KC's cell phone have her at home most of the day on the 16th? If so, I just can't see her staying in the home "sleeping" well into the next day...if she had already killed CA. Too risky!
Risk did not seem to be at the top of Casey's list of worries. Anyone who would ride around with their dead child in their trunk at all is not real concerned about "risk". Oftentimes, I see us all attempting to apply the logic of the good and normal to these monsters like Casey and it just doesn't gel because, well, they are NOT normal or good or even following the same patterns of logic as the majority of us.

The fact there were hardly any blow flies or their remains found in the trunk, in the trash or even on the remains and the ABUNDANCE (hundreds of them) of coffin flies I am more certain than ever that Casey put Caylee in the trunk to die and she never looked back until she packed her up and tossed her in the neighborhood dumping grounds.:furious:

I think it is very possible, maybe even probable that she went into KC's trunk alive. But even with the entomologist's findings.....I just can't bare to think about Caylee being put in that trunk alive. It is too awful.

If it becomes a proven fact in court....one has to accept it. And I will. And part of me knows that for Caylee to receive full justice...that every awful detail HAS to be brought to light. We have to know every frightening, painful, panic stricken moment of Caylee's to give her what she deserves. BUT...I just can't go there right now. God it is just to horrific to think about. moo

Risk did not seem to be at the top of Casey's list of worries. Anyone who would ride around with their dead child in their trunk at all is not real concerned about "risk". Oftentimes, I see us all attempting to apply the logic of the good and normal to these monsters like Casey and it just doesn't gel because, well, they are NOT normal or good or even following the same patterns of logic as the majority of us.

The fact there were hardly any blow flies or their remains found in the trunk, in the trash or even on the remains and the ABUNDANCE (hundreds of them) of coffin flies I am more certain than ever that Casey put Caylee in the trunk to die and she never looked back until she packed her up and tossed her in the neighborhood dumping grounds.:furious:

What would really be great is if while KC had the car backed into the garage a few of those flies could be found in the garage attached to some article she or CA removed. Hummmmm .........

I don't believe she used the trunk as a babysitter but I do believe she had her there several days..just couldn't get out of bed with Tony to take time to get rid of the body.

Admittedly this has been one of my questions for a long time. How in the world could she have left a dead body in the trunk of her car long enough to create the reported conditions?

~*

Admittedly this has been one of my questions for a long time. How in the world could she have left a dead body in the trunk of her car long enough to create the reported conditions?

~*
Nowhere else to go?

I remember NG saying it took her years to stop trying to figure out how something could have happened, or how people could think that way, when she was Prosecuting. It would do her head in trying to reason it out until she finally realized her 'normal' brain could not do it. Kinda like watching a horror movie, you just have to suspend disbelief sometimes, for the story to make sense.

~*
My guess is she was too freaked out to deal with it.. including the smell. I think she just went into denial to avoid dealing with it.. until she knew she just had to. I bet the memory of disposing of the body and the horrific odor is what had her waking up in sweats at TL's.. That would be very traumatic. (including having to wipe up the remnants of your deceased child with paper towels)

...Caylee would not have survived with duct tape over her mouth for more than a few minutes. Duct taping over Caylee's mouth after death is not logical or reasonable. No other parent has ever done it. Talk to any homicide cop. Tape over the mouth and nose on a dead body means murder. Not necessarily cause of death, cause the perp could also strangle, stab or shoot as well as tape, but definitely deliberate murder...

I am sorry, but wake up and smell the Ramsey household. :dance:

Duct-taping the child's mouth after death makes it look like a kidnapping-gone-bad instead of domestic violence (or intentional murder) resulting in the child's death. It has been done before, and unfortunately, it was successful...

I am sorry, but wake up and smell the Ramsey household. :dance:

Duct-taping the child's mouth after death makes it look like a kidnapping-gone-bad instead of domestic violence (or intentional murder) resulting in the child's death. It has been done before, and unfortunately, it was successful...
I should have specified a single case where an innocent parent ducted-taped over his/her deceased child's face.

However, I think 3-layers of industrial strength tape equals duct-taping for a purpose not for show. There were searches for "how to make chloroform" on KC's computer, chloroform fumes in the trunk and chloroform found in a bottle by the remains. Tthe entomology report is compelling. In short, it says bugs prove Caylee went into the Pontiac trunk either before she died or pretty soon afterwards.

I think the state has some great smoking guns.

jmo

I should have specified a single case where an innocent parent ducted-taped over his/her deceased child's face.

However, I think 3-layers of industrial strength tape equals duct-taping for a purpose not for show. There were searches for "how to make chloroform" on KC's computer, chloroform fumes in the trunk and chloroform found in a bottle by the remains. Tthe entomology report is compelling. In short, it says bugs prove Caylee went into the Pontiac trunk either before she died or pretty soon afterwards.

I think the state has some great smoking guns.

jmo

True - I agree with you there about the innocent parent case.

I am just so frustrated, to use KC's word, about a parent possibly getting away with murder of yet another baby. I am hoping for swift justice and it is not coming soon enough.

Thanks for clarifying your post for me...:blowkiss:

I also believe that the triple-layering was over-kill. I do often wonder though if KC left Kaylee in the car-seat while KC 'ran in' somewhere (maybe because the child was sleeping) and found the child dead when KC returned to the car. Or, she may have thought Kaylee was still sleeping and realized later that she was dead. That discovery might have started the flurry of calls. Maybe she panicked when she couldn't get advice from anyone. Then, she might begin a cover-up.

I also think it is possible that the trunk might have been a temporary babysitter from time to time. I could be wrong.

admittedly this has been one of my questions for a long time. How in the world could she have left a dead body in the trunk of her car long enough to create the reported conditions?

~*

procrastinators! Unite tomorrow.....

LOL! Yes! I'm very familiar with procrastination but it would take something beyond that for KC to leave a body in the trunk of her car, presumably knowing it would begin to.. well... stink.

I've definitely gotten the impression that KC is extraordinarily lazy - but that lazy is beyond belief!

~*

That is so funny. I love it.
I can't help but wonder if decomp never even crossed KC's mind (she's not as bright as she would like to think she is) until it was to late. After all she was too busy getting busy with her "Bella Vita".

LOL! Yes! I'm very familiar with procrastination but it would take something beyond that for KC to leave a body in the trunk of her car, presumably knowing it would begin to.. well... stink.

I've definitely gotten the impression that KC is extraordinarily lazy - but that lazy is beyond belief!

~*

Her brother said in his depo that she was very messy in her personal habits. You can see a glimpse of this in the sheer number of old trash, food containers, pop cans left in her car. Whether that's because she was living in her car for a while I don't know- it's an odd collection of snack items- but messy and lazy is her her natural habitat..

Correct me if I am wrong, PLEASE! But didn't KC's cell phone have her at home most of the day on the 16th? If so, I just can't see her staying in the home "sleeping" well into the next day...if she had already killed CA. Too risky!

IIRC her cell phone pinged near the residence. Nothing can say with certainity that she was IN the residence.

I am reading the book by Diane Fanning and her theory and one she says LE has looked at is that Casey used the Chloroform to make Caylee unconscious and then wrapped the duct tape around her mouth and nose to ensure that she never woke up from the chloroform. She thinks when she was trying to bury the body (the day she borrowed the shovel and had backed the car into the garage) she had set the trash bag with Caylee in it in several spots in the back yard (one area was where she had dug down five inches and gave up) and that was why the dogs hit there. Then for a couple of days Casey is pinged at driving around various areas they believe searching for a place to dump the body and finally settles on her old hang out in the woods.

It pains me to think that Caylee was alive when KC decided to rid herself of the child. The horror! I cannot imagine the fear this child was going through when she lost her life. I do know that if Casey was my child and she murdered her daughter I would demand that she be punished to the fullest extent of the law. No enabling on my part saying " that I would stand by KC no matter what she did." I would instead be insisting that the Hand of Justice swiftly come down on KC and show no mercy. The evidence shows human decomposition in KC/CA's car. If KC had anger issues when she killed Caylee ( those same anger issues we all saw on jail tapings) Then the car would be a good bet that this comfort zone for Caylee was in fact the site of her murder.

It pains me to think that Caylee was alive when KC decided to rid herself of the child. The horror! I cannot imagine the fear this child was going through when she lost her life. I do know that if Casey was my child and she murdered her daughter I would demand that she be punished to the fullest extent of the law. No enabling on my part saying " that I would stand by KC no matter what she did." I would instead be insisting that the Hand of Justice swiftly come down on KC and show no mercy. The evidence shows human decomposition in KC/CA's car. If KC had anger issues when she killed Caylee ( those same anger issues we all saw on jail tapings) Then the car would be a good bet that this comfort zone for Caylee was in fact the site of her murder.

Yes Abbra, totally 100% agree with you! Who enables this child that has major anger issues,and some!! I cannot even conceive how you would "clean up" after such a disturbed lying disgrace of a daughter. The decomp was in the car! So, the body was in the car. Who knows how long, but it was there. Thanks

Wow, after Jolynna's 1st posting on this, what can I say? I have to change me vote. Well thought out, great presentation of the theory's support, and answers to a couple weak reservations of mine to boot. . Like Gracenote, I sort of thought a backseat down Rube Goldberg sort of configuration with a very drugged (Zanny Bars) Caylee as the occupant. Good job, me mind is changed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back