Poll: Did Casey Really Keep Caylee in the Trunk Before Caylee Died?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did KC Really Keep Caylee in the Trunk at Anytime Before Caylee Died?

• Yes

Votes: 490 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 258 28.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 152 16.9%

• Total voters
I've always seriously doubted that KC could have kept Caylee in the trunk during any time after April - it's just too hot at night after that. She may have tried that once or twice during the early months of that year when the weather was cooler (going out with AR maybe?), especially if she had knocked her out at a party with baby benadryl and had her sleeping on the sofa.

I think she would have had to switch to something more reliable (like xanax) if she tried it at any other time - benadryl is difficult to dose correctly in growing children and a little too much of the medicine for the child's weight or metabolism can cause the opposite effect, hyperactivity or sleeplessness.

While it may have crossed KC's mind to find another way to do this - I agree with those who think she would have never survived repeated trips to the trunk, and with Jolynna above who said that KC's worst fear may have been Caylee talking about sleeping in RM's room. In fact, since RM says they spent the night on the 10th and there was evidence KC may have not been spending much time at home, I have often thought that CA would have grilled Caylee on the way to Mt. Dora about where she and her mommy had been staying and with whom. What she learned may have been the cause of that fight the night of the 15th just as much as the bank account problem (which personally, I think happened earlier given the dates the bank incident would have occurred).
I tend to agree with you about "after April." She was trying to get CA to babysit Caylee on that poor baby's last day on earth. I hope CA can get past that.
:angel:

No drugs in Caylee's hair.

Caylee wouldn't have survived even an hour in KC's car trunk in the summer. If Caylee was locked in the car she could have popped up and been seen. She would have screamed unless gagged. Duct tape over her mouth would have pulled skin off when removed.

And besides, before Tony, KC didn't need a babysitter. Until May 25 and the "No Clothes Party" KC was able to get Cindy to babysit by saying she had to "work". There is testimony & pictures that show sometimes KC brought Caylee along to parties.

Ricardo tolerated sharing his apartment and bed with Caylee. KC was with Ricardo the VERY morning of the day KC declared Tony her official boyfriend. It isn't like KC went through any dry spells between men.

KC was officially with Tony a whole 6 days before she killed Caylee.
Yes, I seem to recall a young lady (Amy?) saying that KC would bring Caylee to "adult" parties.

George helps KC hide the body and tells her to go home and call the police and report Caylee missing. George thinks she's done it. But then as she is continuing to talk to her mother he realizes that she's not done it. He can't do anythin because it will look strange.

GA's LE background makes it hard for me to believe he would have participated in the hiding of the body. Unless it's JG's steroid syrings in the crystal light jar and it had been planned that the body would be found much sooner than it was. Lots of other occam's razor holes with GA having anything to do with the coverup.

I don't think that she was using the trunk as a babysitter. There has never been any doubt in my mind that the had planned to kill Caylee and be free once and for all. Otherwise, the searches on her computer in April would have only been for "Making Chloroform" and not "Neck Breaking" and "Household Weapons". And, from all of her stories to AH about getting the house, I think she planned on doing away with her parents too.

Also, most people who accidentally kill their children are distraught after the fact, not out "celebrating", which it seems she was doing.

I do think she used chloroform to put little Caylee to sleep in the trunk. She may have come outside to give her a little more chloroform periodically in order to keep her asleep.

My thought is that during one of these doses, she did not seal the container tightly enough that she kept the chloroform in and Caylee probably knocked it over by rolling over or changing positions in her sleep, which spilled the entire contents into the carpeting which subsequently killed her. This would account for the chloroform count being so high since the carpeting would have acted like a sponge and kept the chloroform within the fibers of the carpeting. This would also have kept the chloroform contained within the car because it wasn't extracted from the carpeting. It was probably a clearish liquid and she assumed it would just evaporate and dry up like water and not leave a stain.

ICA probably only focused on wiping up the decomp fluids that were in the center of the carpeting because that caused a stain to show up and she knew she needed to try to get rid of the obvious discoloration.

I just can not comprehend how any mother would be able to try to wipe up the decomposing flesh of their own child.

ETA-I think the reference that she made that maybe she is a spiteful b1tch was in regards to when CA told her that she was acting like an unfit mother by going out all the time and always wanting someone to watch Caylee. So ICA was spiteful and thought she'd found a way to be able to have Caylee just sleep through her over night visits with TL. I think she was head over heels for him and would do whatever she needed to in order to spend time with him.

I thought the very same thing. She was hitting an age where Caylee would be able to start talking too much about her experiences.

We know she stashed her somewhere and not a babysitter when she went out, SO where then! can you breathe in a trunk??

One very strong possibility that has entered my mind is that Caylee was getting older and much more verbal. So whatever Casey was doing with Caylee while she wanted to party and be with all her "boyfriends" so many that she does not who the father is she I think was getting afraid that Calyee was going to be able to start talking as to what is was.
So the possibility is she could have been stashing the poor little thing somewhere knocked out and bound,,,I can't even think of it.

I thought the very same thing. She was hitting an age where Caylee would be able to start talking too much about her experiences.

We know she stashed her somewhere and not a babysitter when she went out, SO where then! can you breathe in a trunk??

BBM

Yes, you can breathe in the trunk of a car. Unless your mother puts three strips of duct tape over your mouth and nose and leaves you there until you die and start to decompose.

After learning of the lies and deceits that Casey spews, I do think she could easily have put a drugged Caylee in the car / trunk during the last few weeks of her life. The back seat of her car opened into her trunk, and I've wondered if the "air mattress" could not have served a dual purpose. She could have easily been knocking her out,even with overOTC benadryl /diphenhydrmine, to be able to party hearty her nights away. As a nurse, I have tried to look closely at Caylees eyes and facial coloring in her later photos. The dark circles around her glassy ( at times) eyes, and discoloration around her mouth concerned me. If the windows were cracked, the car would not have been that hot at night. I also wondered about her " leaving the room" for phone calls was not an excuse for her to go & check her car. These are purely speculations on my part, but given the duct tape horror,I do think she was quite capable of this, so I voted yes.

I'm with you! I've always been concerned & wondered if anyone else had noticed the dark circles besides me...one reason I didn't say anything. There's a photo of Casey, Caylee & another girl, Casey & the girl have those candy necklaces around their necks...poor Caylee is in the middle, solumn look & those big eyes with the circles...and if I'm not mistaken, she also had a mark on her lip like she had some kind of bo-bo. I've wondered also if they focused so much on chloroform that they didn't test for other things...I don't know, could be wrong!

I'd also like to know if they questioned anyone at Fusion to the extent of "Did she go out to the parking lot a lot during the night?" There are a lot of party pics taken in the parking lot, I do know that!

I'm just going to have to pull up several of our posts from the archives from years ago, when we first started researching this case, at the very beginning of the investigation. We were hypothesizing that Caylee could possibly have been put in the trunk with chloroform and duct tape by KC so she could spend the night with her boyfriends and party. We also talked about how hot it would get in the trunk of a car in FL.

I'm with you! I've always been concerned & wondered if anyone else had noticed the dark circles besides me...one reason I didn't say anything. There's a photo of Casey, Caylee & another girl, Casey & the girl have those candy necklaces around their necks...poor Caylee is in the middle, solumn look & those big eyes with the circles...and if I'm not mistaken, she also had a mark on her lip like she had some kind of bo-bo. I've wondered also if they focused so much on chloroform that they didn't test for other things...I don't know, could be wrong!

My son gets dark circles under his eyes a lot. It happens after a very long and exciting day of fun. I just don't see it as anything more than an over stimulating day. As an ECE, we are taught to look out for many signs of abuse, dark circles and fatigue aren't part of it. :twocents:

No. I do not think she did. Caylee would have had had a fear of cars in general not just trunks. She may have left Caylee at Lee's when no one was there,at home with CA, given her benedryl etc to knock her out with friends and even have her sleep in the bed of a man that wasn't Caylee's father. Because we have all heard that did happen, she would have used the trunk, but she didn't... when she had no sitter she stayed home with her "little snothead". Caylee was only in the trunk once SEVERAL DAYS AFTER SHE BEGAN DECOMPOSITION!
MOO

Just a thought: If Cindy had a hard time getting Caylee to sleep when Casey wasn't home, just maybe Casey ALWAYS used chloroform. Who would know if she was simply putting a tissue with chloroform on it to Caylee's nose no matter where they were sleeping. Or does it give off a bad odor. IDK
I still think whatever she used is buried in the yard at Hope Spring Dr.

IMO

We also talked about Caylee possibly being knocked out by KC while she was restrained in the carseat, then transferred to the trunk.

Did we look at the side the car seat was on to see which side you could gain access to the trunk from? All she would have to do is open the back seat and slide her into the trunk asleep.

Yes, that is a question we had, Beyond Belief, if the trunk could be accessed from the interior of the car.

1998 Pontiac Sunfire Trunk / Back Seat release

When I tried to go through the back seat release to see if I can crawl in the trunk to see if I can move it or something or see if there is a release button for the trunk the fabric pull was gone and trying to put my fingers in the hole to see if I can somehow push something down to release the seat is not working either. I need to get my trunk open and there is not even one of those buttons for the trunk by the side of the drivers seat HELP.

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/pontiac-sunfire-1998-pontiac-sunfire-trunk-back-seat-release

Did we look at the side the car seat was on to see which side you could gain access to the trunk from? All she would have to do is open the back seat and slide her into the trunk asleep.

In the evidence photos today, the carseat was behind the passenger seat.

IIRC, the entire back seat of a 98 Pontiac Sunfire would fold down. We could look at the photos in the "Stain in the Trunk" thread to verify, but I do not think that car had split-fold back seats.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back