Poll for the Armchair Psychologists

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What Psychological Disorder do you think Jodi may have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda7NJ: you have post a few times of your atheist viewpoint and you have that right. When you speak of your "concrete logical thinking" being the source of truth. It implies that those of us that are spiritual are" not logical or concrete in thinking". Your mind is not superior to those that identify with the concept metaphysical duality. Spirituality is a broad term. To dismiss it in all forms is IMO is not "concrete logical thinking".

I never spoke of "truth"
Please do not twist my words
Your truth can be totally different from my own.
I never claimed superiority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly333
She was looked at by 6 or 7 people in the field of psychology.
Did any one of them call her a psychopath?

Originally Posted by beaglemania
Not counting Dr. Samuals and Dr. DeMarte, when and where was she "looked at", as you put it?

You discount or over-look the fact that at least 2 of the professionals you refer to, provided her with resources that would enable her to manipulate these tests. I believe that Dr. D commented on her belief that Jodi was trying to manipulate the tests.

Well, I am still waiting to to find out what "other people in the field" saw Jodi? Where are their evaluations/assessments?

See, that's where the whole thing falls apart for me. I am an only child and always make sure I get to spend alone time, i enjoy my time out and about and interacting with people as well. I am always on time and complete obligations on time. I don't like to rush or finish quickly. I don't care what other people do, if they are late or fail to complete tasks on time. What I care about is consideration. If you're gonna be late, call...can't finish, let me know.
Regarding comments later added to the prior post....I'm an atheist...so..I fail to see how I am not concrete, logical and don't believe in dreams, psychics, etc.
previously you mentioned the lateness and the more recent post contradicts what was stated in this one.

This seems a tad like a tarot card reading to me. IMO. (Another example of my logical and concrete thinking)

I took my Myers-Briggs personality type for this example: ENTJ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The work of Carl Jung was brought to the psychological testing sphere by Myers and Briggs. They developed this personality test based on Jung's theories of personality types.

It's more than just a shot in the dark tarot reading. The research, if you read up on it, should appeal to your need for the presentment of facts. This link also delves into the shadow theory that you had questions about. It is one of the most widely used personality tests in the world. I was given the test when I was a senior in HS.

Here is the history behind the test: http://web.cortland.edu/andersmd/learning/mbti.htm

These links may help to clear up any questions you may have.

Quote:

Not counting Dr. Samuals and Dr. DeMarte, when and where was she "looked at", as you put it?

Well, I am still waiting to to find out what "other people in the field" saw Jodi? Where are their evaluations/assessments?

Iirc didn't the defense go through 8? Before hitting rock bottom...Once the trial is over those defense expenditures should be unsealed? Correct?

Thank you!
I'll read it this evening:)

Thank you!
I'll read it this evening:)

No worries Linda, I think us ENFJ's are very misunderstood. I tend to be passionately blunt, but it is coming from a considerate and objective place. I dont mond people be blunt with me. I think im blunt because that is what i would like from others as well. I dont like to beat around the bush, im more one to beat a dead horse.

Don't know if you have this aspect, but I certainly do!

I took my Myers-Briggs personality type for this example: ENTJ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The work of Carl Jung was brought to the psychological testing sphere by Myers and Briggs. They developed this personality test based on Jung's theories of personality types.

It's more than just a shot in the dark tarot reading. The research, if you read up on it, should appeal to your need for the presentment of facts. This link also delves into the shadow theory that you had questions about. It is one of the most widely used personality tests in the world. I was given the test when I was a senior in HS.

Here is the history behind the test: http://web.cortland.edu/andersmd/learning/mbti.htm

These links may help to clear up any questions you may have.

I did a quick search before dedicating a whole lot more time on this. Read the links below...

I do not believe its valid or reliable.

http://www.psychometric-success.com/personality-tests/personality-tests-popular-tests.htm

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

No worries Linda, I think us ENFJ's are very misunderstood. I tend to be passionately blunt, but it is coming from a considerate and objective place. I dont mond people be blunt with me. I think im blunt because that is what i would like from others as well. I dont like to beat around the bush, im more one to beat a dead horse.

Don't know if you have this aspect, but I certainly do!

Ditto!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaglemania
Quote:

Iirc didn't the defense go through 8? Before hitting rock bottom...Once the trial is over those defense expenditures should be unsealed? Correct?

Yes, I do think so. Their findings were not presented. I was jumping off the above post by molly333. That post asks "did any one of them call her a psychopath"? Well, that cannot be answered since nobody (aside from the DT) really knows the findings of those other professionals, as the defense chose not to use them. I suspect that their findings were in concert with Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis of BPD with underlying comorbidity (narcissism. depression, low self-esteem) etc. Hence, they were not used as they did not fit the "defense strategy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaglemania
Quote:

Yes, I do think so. Their findings were not presented. I was jumping off the above post by molly333. That post asks "did any one of them call her a pychopath"? Well, that cannot be answered since nobody (aside from the DT) really knows the findings of those other professionals, as the defense chose not to use them. I suspect that their findings were in concert with Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis of BPD with underlying comorbidity (narcissism. depression, low self-esteem) etc. Hence, they were not used as they did not fit the "defense strategy".

Bingo!
We have a winner!

There has been nothing in this case that has given any reason to roll on the floor and laugh. This case is filled with tragedy from beginning to end.

You are correct nothing funny about a psychopath slaughtering an unarmed man.

However, there have been moments of hilarity here. I appreciate the break from the horror of it all.

Ditto!

I liken our personality type to a story my parents told me when I was a kid.

My dad said they got stuck out in the desert and it was nightfall - and they were offroad! Death valley? Not such a good place for THAT to happen.

So with no lights/path around, my dad told my mother to hold on to the back of him as they walked to as to not get separated/help her feel safe.

So he lead his way, in search of a road. He was set on his mission and my mom was along for the ride.

It had taken hours. And my dad was still committed to finding a road to camp by.

All the sudden my mom stops him and he asks why. My mother noticed as they were walking how the ground felt and realized when they were standing on the road! She told him "I've stopped you because we are where on the road! Stomp your feet and feel it!"

He was so intent on finding the road that he took no note of senses and just pressed on forward with great tenacity towards the objective (or point!). This is much in our behavior type. The objective doesn't stress him, it's the dumb details. I don't have time for BS lets just get it done! attitude. I identify with this personality type.

My mother being a sensing and thinking type was able to remain rational/calm and pay attention to the little details despite the stress. She finds solace in the little details and not so much solace in the objective.

I did a quick search before dedicating a whole lot more time on this. Read the links below...

http://www.psychometric-success.com/personality-tests/personality-tests-popular-tests.htm

From what I could understand when I read the link is that it was a site that sells information about how to take a personality test. IMO, this is not a valid educational site to base any relevant conclusions as to whether the basis of fact regarding the Myers-Briggs test to be "valid" or not. They also discuss this test in relevence to job testing. Also, the "researchers" who studied the Myers Briggs test did not even research the J-P scale. I cannot, take this site to be any basis of fact. This website attempts to debunk the entire test, then throws a sales pitch to get you to buy their "book" to get the test score future employers might be looking for.

For your consideration, I will offer a scholarly reports that did test the validity of this test and it is backed up by much research and testing: http://people.wku.edu/richard.miller/MBTI reliability validity.pdf

And another: http://personalityinstitute.tripod.com/mbtiresearchreport.htm

One more: https://www.mbticomplete.com/contents/faq.aspx

Ditto!

I liken our personality type to a story my parents told me when I was a kid.

My dad said they had hot stuck out in the desert and it was nightfall and they were offroad! Death valley? Not such a good place for THAt to happen.

So with no lights/path around, my dad told my mother to hold on to the back of him as they walked to as to not get separated/help her feel safe.

So he lead his way, in search of a road. He was set on his mission and my mom was along for the ride.

It had taken hours. And my dad was still committed to finding a road to camp by.

All the sudden my mom stops him and he asks why. My mother noticed as they were walking how the ground felt and realized when they were standing on the road! She told him "I've stopped you because we are where on the road! Stomp your feet and feel it!"

He was set intent on finding the road that he took no note of senses and just pressed on forward with great tenacity towards the objective (or point!). This is much in our behavior type. The objective doesn't stress him, it's the dumb details. I identify with this personality type.

My mother being a sensing and thinking type was able to remain rational/calm and pay attention to the little details despite the stress. She finds solace in the little details and not so much solace in the objective.

Not sure how the quoting got messed up.

I think I know myself pretty well. I'm outgoing, stubborn as the day is long.
I use all of my senses, can compile massive amounts of information from a vast array of sources, digest it quickly, assimilate the knew found knowledge and break it down in simple terms.
I don't sweat the small stuff. I prefer to cut through the fat and get to the meat.

The Natural Academy of Science Committee isn't some hokey book seller. They don't have a dog in the race. Pro-bono for the nation ... ;)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_National_Academy_of_Sciences

Not sure how the quoting got messed up.

I think I know myself pretty well. I'm outgoing, stubborn as the day is long.
I use all of my senses, can compile massive amounts of information from a vast array of sources, digest it quickly, assimilate the knew found knowledge and break it down in simple terms.
I don't sweat the small stuff. I prefer to cut through the fat and get to the meat.

See you do know yourself! Ditto with what you said in relation to myself. Especially the stubborn and breaking complex ideas down to their simple condensed form. Like soup! Jk (ima dork)

Also, I'd just like to say that I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, GAD, when I was 5. I'm now 33, and obviously I've had anxiety since I can remember. My little amygdala has always been out of control. I have been paralyzed by anxiety and it has saved my life. It's a blessing and a curse. I know anxiety. I can see it in other people quite easily.

From all of my observations, and I've observed pretty much everything about JA, I have never witnessed the telltale signs of anxiety. Not once, not ever. I understand that her test scores were high on the anxiety scale, but she is not anxious. She does not show any of the subconscious signs of anxiety either. She does not trip on her words when upset, she doesn't seem to be easily upset at all actually, she doesn't move around when seated, she doesn't "pick" at herself, she doesn't have any nervous gestures, she doesnt visibly shake (not even her hands) she doesn't show any symptoms of stress to me at all. None. Her affect is almost the complete opposite of someone that has anxiety.

No one can argue she doesn't show these signs because she is medicated either. I am medicated, and I still have symptoms of anxiety. I have Zolfot, amitryptaline, Ativan, & Valium. I am very careful about my diet, as not to contribute willfully to my anxiety. I have been to therapy on and off my entire life. I was also actually diagnosed with PTSD and spousal abuse syndrome. I have actually been abused and am a victim of domestic violence and my ex husband currently has a warrant out for his arrest because of domestic violence.

IMO, this woman is many things, but she does not suffer from anxiety. Maybe she has PTSD from murdering someone, I would. But, I can say with absolute certainty she does not suffer from an anxiety disorder. You cannot "control" anxiety. It would have shown up in some way to see it by now, and I haven't seen a hint of it. Ever.

Thanks Slanda for posting those links.
It has become a way to make money, but if the type knowledge is used in conjunction
with the works of the highly esteemed Dr Carl Jung, it can be fleshed out to make complete sense, The MBTI is based on his phenomenologist thinking.

There has been nothing in this case that has given any reason to roll on the floor and laugh. This case is filled with tragedy from beginning to end.

The hilarity icon was used in response to another post asserting that one of Mr. Martinez's actions "backfired". It was NOT directed at any of the substantive facts concerning the murder of Travis Alexander.
Yes, I found it tremdously amusing to even remotely consider that Mr. Martinez's actions, at any step of the process, had "backfired"... given the Jury's verdict.
I did not, in any form or fashion intimate or suggest that there was anything funny about this crime. The comment was funny...not the crime. I find that reading the entire thread is often very helpful in understanding the context of a posted message.
One's unique sense of humor is an individual trait... not a universal trait. Those icons are available for a reason.

Now, back to the "backfiring" and Jodi Ann Arias' mental disease/disorder:

What backfired was the defense strategy. Given Jodi's psychological make-up, they would have had much more to "defend" had they chosen a "diminished capacity" theory. She does suffer from a borderline PD with a host of other pathologic symptomatology. Their huge mistake was denial and fabrication…denying that Jodi had any problems aside from that contrived BS "victim of abuse'' scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper