Poll - If you were on the Jury today

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If you were on the jury today, how would you vote?

• Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - Death Penalty

Votes: 200 51.0%
  • Guilty of 1st Degree Murder - LWP

Votes: 165 42.1%
  • Guilty of a lesser charge - 10-25 years

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Guilty of a lesser charge - Off with time served

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LWOP. It's worse than the DP, IMO, and a lot cheaper for taxpayers. She's spent enough already! I say let her spend her life thinking about it. Forget appeals. LWOP is the way to go ;)..

I voted LWP, not that ICA does not deserve the DP but she will spend the next 15-20 years on Death Row anyway but will get all of the appeals and attempts to commute the sentence, etc. She will feel 'special' in her notoriety. She is not. ICA is just another child killer. There are too many of those so why give her added grounds for appeal?

I don't want the tax payer cost or risk. LWP is a done deal, a closed book. ICA can be forever forgotten, throw away the key with no reminders and ... Caylee can be forever remembered.

I may have a misconception about death row, but I think they are privileged inmates, who have their own cell, their own time outs, their own tv's. Away from all those "nasty" people. Sure, they may go crazy in their own isolated ways, but they have each other to yell at.

IMHO the only place I want to see ICA is in general population -- where she can get a feel of how people really feel about baby killers.

That's another way I look at it anyway.

MOO

Mel

I said life without parole, because it will be just that. When I think of the death penalty, I think of Charles Manson and California overturning the DP, giving Manson the opportunity to come up for parole time and again. So give her LWOP from the get-go, and she's not going anywhere.

And like Charles Manson, the last person I want to see with a smuggled cell phone is ICA. Charles Manson has already been busted twice.

Officials revealed he had called or texted people in California, Florida, New Jersey, and British Columbia, Canada.

Can you imagine? There's ICA still tryin to get ahold of Tony!

GAHHHHH!

Mel

I have asked this question in a few threads but still do not know the answer:

Is the jury being given options besides Capital Murder? Is it being found guilty of Capital Murder or acquittal as the only options?

Does anyone know?

Is the jury being given options besides Capital Murder? Is it being found guilty of Capital Murder or acquittal as the only options?

Does anyone know?

The first part of the trial is the guilt phase. If they find her guilty of murder they then go into the penalty phase and choose life without parole or death. That is the phase that the defense gets to have people come in and beg for her to be spared.

If she is found Not Guilty during the guilt phase, it is over and there is no sentencing.

Okay, now this is what I call a real "focus group!" :rocker: :great: :woohoo: :blowkiss: :giggle: :lol: :skip: :heartluv:

I firmly believe that LWP is a harsher punishment than the DP - every day the same and spent in the same place. I don't know whether she will be put in general population or not. Some prisoners don't take kindly to child murderers. I feel that is a far harsher punishment than the DP, especially for someone who thought she had "The Good Life" by the tail.

As Casey told someone (Tony I think) "If they don't find Caylee, guess who gets to spend eternity in jail?".

Well, they did find Caylee, and guess who gets to spend eternity in jail?

The first part of the trial is the guilt phase. If they find her guilty of murder they then go into the penalty phase and choose life without parole or death. That is the phase that the defense gets to have people come in and beg for her to be spared.

If she is found Not Guilty during the guilt phase, it is over and there is no sentencing.

Right. But those are the only options? What if the jury thinks she covered up an accident and does not want to vote or LWP or the DP? Does she walk in that case?

Voted LWOP. Seems like the DP cases get extreme, putting all this emphasis on "saving ICA's life", and having to spend more time and money to do it. It almost seems like it gives defense more wiggle room. I'm not sure I want her life over with a big media fanfare in 15-20 years. Sitting in prison for your whole natural life with no chance of parole is equally as bad, IMO.

ICA will hate just being one of the many serving life. She wants to feel special, but will spend her life herded like a cow.

death

for the one and only time in her miserable, waste of a life, I want ICA to feel... feel exactly the way that beautiful little girl felt, betrayed, terrified and facing death. It may be the one an only chance she ever truly understands what other people feel as a result of her cold, calculated usage of others for her own ends.

This one time, I really really want her to understand the terror of death, to acknowledge if only to herself, it truly is the end of the last hallway and this time the state is taking her as far as she wants to go down it. all the while gazing into her mother and father eyes so they can all acknowledge how terribly they all failed Caylee.

death... anything less is not justice for that child who will never get to know what it is to have her own child, to love, to marry, to go to school , to choose her own bella vita.

I am not a cruel woman... I would give the remainder of my own life to have the life of my only son given back to this world... so I have no sympathy at all for a game player of this magnitude... she deserves to die for deliberately taking the life of Caylee... I cannot bear to imagine what the child felt.

Right. But those are the only options? What if the jury thinks she covered up an accident and does not want to vote or LWP or the DP? Does she walk in that case?

Would that fit into Other or are you not comfortable putting that with an explanation of how you voted?

25 to Life with no possibility of parole.

I firmly believe that LWP is a harsher punishment than the DP - every day the same and spent in the same place. I don't know whether she will be put in general population or not. Some prisoners don't take kindly to child murderers. I feel that is a far harsher punishment than the DP, especially for someone who thought she had "The Good Life" by the tail.

As Casey told someone (Tony I think) "If they don't find Caylee, guess who gets to spend eternity in jail?".

Well, they did find Caylee, and guess who gets to spend eternity in jail?

... and she can fondly look at her tattoo in the mirror, literally ... La Bella Vita.

I know my position isn't popular but for the sake of the poll.. here it is again. I know Casey probably murdered her daughter but until the trial where I can see all the evidence against her and hear all the experts testify and listen to whatever defense she has I don't *KNOW* she is guilty of killing her daughter. I do have faith in the investigators involved in the case (these particular investigators gave me some faith in LE as a matter of fact.. and that's saying a lot) and am looking forward to the trial when Caylee will finally get some justice. I don't believe in the death penalty because too many crime labs, LE, and DA's have been found falsifying evidence and innocent people have been put to death (or spent many years in prison wrongfully convicted). I don't think that's the case here but I'm a felon and the issue is too close to my heart to ignore.

I voted for LWP because I believe it is a harsher punishment than DP. If Casey gets the DP, she will spend like 10-15 years in jail before being executed. If she gets LWP, she will spend 55+ years in jail. I would love it if Casey suffered horribly for an eternity after she dies, but since I have no way of knowing for sure, I would rather she get the harshest punishment our justice system is able to give her on Earth.

Here is the problem with Life..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alcK_QBE7h8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alcK_QBE7h8[/ame]

Does anyone know?

On October 14, 2008, ICA was indicted by a grand jury on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators about Caylee’s disappearance.

On October 21, 2008, the charges of child neglect were dropped against ICA. In a statement that morning, the State Attorney's Office explained: "The neglect charges were premised on the theory that her child, Caylee Marie, was still alive. As the investigation progressed and it became clear that the evidence proved that the child was deceased, the State sought an indictment on the legally appropriate charges."

On April 14, 2009, prosecutors announced that they plan to seek the death penalty.

:cow: :cow::cow:

I voted DP for the following reasons:

1. I believe it was premeditated (I do not believe it was an "accident").
2. 31 days before she reported Caylee "missing" ...
3. The "Nanny the Zanny" fairy tale ...
4. The "wild goose chase" at Universal Studios ...
5. Lying to LE ! ...
6. "Partying" it up when Caylee was missing for 31 days ...
7. The infamous "Tattoo" she got when Caylee was missing ...
8. The smell of "decomposition" in the car as well as all the EVIDENCE from the car ...
9. Putting a "trash bag" with "trash" in the car to try to "cover-up" the smell of decomp ...
10. Dumping Caylee's body in the woods ...
11. The DUCT TAPE ... which was PURPOSELY PLACE over Caylee's mouth and into the poor little baby's hair ...

Ya'll know what I mean ...

MOO ... ICA does not deserve "life" because IF -- IF she were to ever get out of jail ... she WILL kill again !

I just pray to God that there is "Justice for Caylee" !

:cow: :cow::cow:

I voted DP for the following reasons:

1. I believe it was premeditated (I do not believe it was an "accident").
2. 31 days before she reported Caylee "missing" ...
3. The "Nanny the Zanny" fairy tale ...
4. The "wild goose chase" at Universal Studios ...
5. Lying to LE ! ...
6. "Partying" it up when Caylee was missing for 31 days ...
7. The infamous "Tattoo" she got when Caylee was missing ...
8. The smell of "decomposition" in the car as well as all the EVIDENCE from the car ...
9. Putting a "trash bag" with "trash" in the car to try to "cover-up" the smell of decomp ...
10. Dumping Caylee's body in the woods ...
11. The DUCT TAPE ... which was PURPOSELY PLACE over Caylee's mouth and into the poor little baby's hair ...

Ya'll know what I mean ...

MOO ... ICA does not deserve "life" because IF -- IF she were to ever get out of jail ... she WILL kill again !

I just pray to God that there is "Justice for Caylee" !

If she gets Life in prison without parole, she will never be released from prison unless new evidence comes up showing she's innocent or if the governor commutes her sentence. "Life in prison" and "Life in prison without parole" are two different sentences; Charles Manson has "Life in Prison" not LWOP and that's why he's able to come up for parole every year. When California overturned the DP back in the 1970s, all Death Row inmates got "Life in Prison" because that was the next harshest punishment, at the time. LWOP didn't exist back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckycott