DNA Solves

Who Should Give Prosecution Closing Argument

• Linda Drane Burdick

Votes: 261 60.6%
  • Jeff Ashton

Votes: 170 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sometimes quiet fierceness can be as devastating as loud and raw emotion. Anybody remember Alan Jackson's end to the first Phil Spector trial? They show the video of the victim, Lana Clarkson, getting in to Phil Spector's limo from the surveillance tape in the parking garage... and Mr. Jackson asks the jury what they would say to her at that moment.. then quietly says "don't go". Chills I tell you. Just chills. Unfortunately, they had what a consider a stealth juror and the jury hung, but the rest of the jury said that brought it home to them.

If I could really plan, I would say LDB to do the closing, then JA to do the rebuttal. If only one, then LDB.

I know some at times find JA a little abrasive. To me, he is passionate. Passionate about his career, passionate about the truth and passionate about seeking justice for Caylee.

This whole thing has been dragging on for three years. If all the hostility in court between SA & DT is an indication, I cannot even imagine how emotionally and physically draining this has been.

Is it wrong to want to see them tag each other out like a wrestling match so we can hear both of them deliver closing arguments? :rocker:

In all seriousness, I voted for LDB. She's going to nail it.

I have served on a jury where the two prosecuting attorneys shared the closing argument, maybe this will happen in this case since I believe the two of them have a lot to offer and I think that the jury need a detailed summary as well as the emotional, heartfelt gut wrenching plea for justice for Caylee.

Jeff could speak about all the scientific stuff. I learned so much listening to him during this trial.

I think LDB needs to do the remainder. First, ICA does not like her.Second, I think she would be so effective tugging at the emotions and heartstrings of the juries. And third, because she kicks butt :)

Big fan of the SA team.

JA is awesome at the difficult witnesses and his style is great for combatting a witness who won't budge or doesn't make an ounce of sense! BUT, Linda is calm, cool and collected. She can also put emphasis where it's needed and tug at the heart strings of the jury because albeit a tough lawyer, she exudes compassion... the compassion any mother should have when caring for child.
A woman should definitely do the closing and LDB is perfect!

Jeff could speak about all the scientific stuff. I learned so much listening to him during this trial.

I think LDB needs to do the remainder. First, ICA does not like her.Second, I think she would be so effective tugging at the emotions and heartstrings of the juries. And third, because she kicks butt :)

Big fan of the SA team.

LMBO.. GMTA... I used the "heart strings" defense as well :lol:

JA is awesome at the difficult witnesses and his style is great for combatting a witness who won't budge or doesn't make an ounce of sense! BUT, Linda is calm, cool and collected. She can also put emphasis where it's needed and tug at the heart strings of the jury because albeit a tough lawyer, she exudes compassion... the compassion any mother should have when caring for child.
A woman should definitely do the closing and LDB is perfect!

Totally agree ... she was organized, well prepared and very effective in opening statements and I think she'll be even more powerful in closing statements ... she will keep the focus on Caylee and what KC did to her ...

There is something about LDB's tone and inflection that I find easy to follow and listen to. When she gave the opening statement, I could not pull myself away from listening to her even though I had already heard it all a thousand times. Her voice is very soothing and she speaks very clearly. Most people that would speak for such a long time period, you would have a tendency to tune them out while they drone on, so I think she has a real gift with that.

I love JA's passion. He just cannot hide it, and I love that. I think he sometimes gets carried away and if he were to tell a story in closing arguments for a couple of hours, I think his thoughts might be a little scattered and it might be hard to follow it all, so I voted for LDB.

Honestly though, either one would be effective and would do a great job because both of them have put their heart and soul into this case. I have the utmost respect for them both (and FG, YM, and everyone else involved in this case). They have a passion and love for what they do, and it's wonderful that even though Caylee had nobody on her side from her family, she had these wonderful strangers to stand for her. I am sure to the SAO, LE, and others involved, they feel like Caylee's family at this point. All I have left to say is Good Luck prosecutors! You will all be in my prayers tomorrow morning as you bring in the ribbon, tie up a nice little bow, and deliver your closing arguments to the jury.

I voted Jeff, but after reading so many thoughts, I'm not sure. They both have strengths. I picked Jeff for the emotion he can show while still present the hard truth.

This may be way out there, but little Caylee did not have a daddy to fight for her. Somehow Jeff doing the closing feels like she finally has one.

Yeah--it's all emotional.

Big fan of the SA team.

Her exposing that Cindy was at work during the computer searches was brilliantly done. She as much as said, "See, Cindy is lying" without saying a thing. If ICA hates her, then she's the one I want to do the closing. Also, if there are geeks on the jury, they are the type to respond to "just the facts." But the grandparents and parents on the jury may need the passion. So it's hard to say. I respect both SAs, though.

Closings for SA is always before and after//So since the poll didnt consider that I did not vote..Sorry Buds :crazy:

I would like to have JA bring the Scientic evidence out likely first..( Keep Notes Jurors) and would love to have LDB bring it home with the emotional and personalize Caylee ...Somehow I just cant believe that JB will do anything other than focus on "Poor KC" and her inability to deal with "Life" LOL ..I would be willing to bet JB will go on and on about NO EVIDENCE linking DIRECTLY...Humm and try and make the jury feel sorry for her ..Booo Hooo

Have No idea just what the jury will make of this whle thing...:waitasec:

See ya all in AM to listen to closings:seeya:

I am :fence: and don't know who to choose. I choose either. Either will do a great job. Either can tie each piece of evidence together. Either can command the jury's attention. Justice for Caylee couldn't be in better hands either way.

BOTH...since they get to split their time and give some before the defense and some after.

I would have voted both but option wasn't there. LDB for the emotional parts and SA for the hard scientific stuff. Both are great at what they do. They will be the only thing I miss when the trial is done. Oh and HHJP.

OK, honestly, I voted for LDB, but now that I give it more thought, I think JA has incredible passion for this case and that is what the jury will see in any presentation that he makes. I would say that he needs to remain calm and avoid any sort of sarcasm. He has so much going for him in this case, he doesn't need sarcasm to make his points.

So, I'm torn between the two. But whoever does the final closing argument, whether it is LDB or JA, I believe it will be a spectacular statement because of the passion and conviction (no pun intended) that both lawyers have brought to the case.

Less than 12 hours to go ...

ETA: Just realized they can split up the closing argument. Even better.

I have great respect for both LDB & JA.

Either one would do their best to give little Caylee the justice she deserves after all these years.

Keeping my faith in the prosecution, and my hope that the jury will be thinking more of little Caylee, when all is said and done. When they deliberate ICA's fate, I pray that the jury will remember who the victim is in this horrific murder, and not have an ounce of sympathy for ICA.

JMO.

Both would do a great job. Leaning towards JA...but whomver it is....I want them to end with Caylee singing "You Are My Sunshine..." :(

I'd have them split it. JA is excellent and has such a firm grasp on all the forensic evidence. Linda can work the timeline. Both are great.

I'd start with CA making the call and say something like this is before anyone knew what was to come. This was the frantic and desperate call of a woman in panic. The car smelled like a dead person was in it and sadly it was that of a beautiful little angel named Caylee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back