DNA Solves

Who Should Give Prosecution Closing Argument

• Linda Drane Burdick

Votes: 261 60.6%
  • Jeff Ashton

Votes: 170 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I split the baby. I think LDB should go first methodically going through the evidence and the SA's interpretation. Then the defense goes. Then the SA gets to do a rebuttal argument. Jeff should do that piece and bring it home. :scale:

I Voted Jeff.......
But I Love Them Both So Either One Really, I Dont Mind

smiley.gif

It's Linda's case, and she is the more masterful, emotive speaker!
I hope she also gets to cross-examine Casey!!!

First,I am shocked ! Future hubster may get a wee bit upset with you,SOTS.

Second,I voted before I read the first post and based my vote for JA on the argument he gave to make this a DP case. He was passionate and emotional. I think he'll bring the jury to tears.
LDB and JA are a winning team. Either one will bring home Justice for Caylee !

GADS!!! Someone should show the jury this pic, quite the opposite of what they saw I bet. Jeez.

I voted LDB to conduct the Closing however, I think that whoever gives the Closing, the video of Caylee singing "You are my Sunshine" should be the last thing that the jury hears before deliberation.

I completely and totally agree.

I voted LDB to conduct the Closing however, I think that whoever gives the Closing, the video of Caylee singing "You are my Sunshine" should be the last thing that the jury hears before deliberation.

Can they use that clip if it hasn't been brought in as evidence?

I voted Mr. Ashton. I too believe LDB has been fantastic throughout the trial, but, for closing I believe the SA needs to bring a more emotional closing statement to engage the jury. LDB may be able to pull that off, but that is NOT what this jury has witnessed from LDB to this point, and it may come off as contrived. JA on the other hand has shown the signs of passionate emotional presentation and arguments throughout the trial. Threrefor the jury would not look at his emotional closing as theatrics. JMO
Agreed on every point!

Linda's done a fantastic job so far, but Ashton is much more emotive & that's what the jury needs to walk away with.

I can't vote because I think they will both do arguments...

LDB would be precise and methodical during the initial argument by setting the facts out in chronological order much like she did in opening. However, this time she will be able to include the EVIDENCE!

Then, if the defense makes an argument, and it will not surprise me if they do not, I think JA will do the rebuttal.

JA was brilliant during the hearings, no doubt about it, but he will NOT be able to use that same passion during closing.

I voted LDB but I think either one will do a great job!!

Yes. I really hope they show little precious caylee singing "You are my sunshine"
Even after all these years, I still break down in tears everytime I see that.

:great: I voted for Jeff Ashton !

:great: I believe the "passion" he has for justice for Caylee is genuine, and it clearly shows !

I believe all of the SA Team has done a great job, but ...

Since the Closing Statement will be the LAST statement the Jury will hear, I think that Mr. Ashton will put the "fire" that is needed in the Closing Statement for "Justice for Caylee" !

I agree with Jeff Ashton being the better candidate due to his passionate personality.

I adore Linda immensely, she has a softer, quieter nature about her, but nobody other than Jeff can bring that passion home the way he does with his fire & brimstone.

That's what the Jury needs to be left with.

I can't vote because I think they will both do arguments...

LDB would be precise and methodical during the initial argument by setting the facts out in chronological order much like she did in opening. However, this time she will be able to include the EVIDENCE!

Then, if the defense makes an argument, and it will not surprise me if they do not, I think JA will do the rebuttal.

JA was brilliant during the hearings, no doubt about it, but he will NOT be able to use that same passion during closing.

There is no reason why he wouldn't be able to.

If you're referring to his raised voice, it happens all the time in courtrooms across this nation on a daily basis.

Care to explain?

JA is great but he has that cough which is very distracting. LDB speaks very clear and concise. She has shown poise and conducted herself in a very professional manner with the judge, jury and even JB when he was hovering around her. She even helped JB when he couldn't figure out the overhead projection. I didn't vote 'cause I like them both but JA has that cough that might be a problem. (Some days it's worse than others.) I would like to see ICA on the stand and LDB cross examine her. :woohoo:

I voted for Linda first, because I think she's amazing. She is so methodical and knows the evidence backwards and forwards.

Secondly, I've seen many tweets that say the jurors have looked at her for her reaction at times when witnesses are testifying. I think she has earned their respect.

They just haven't seen that much of Jeff Ashton. They may change in the defenses CIC. We'll see.

Wow LDB is way ahead since I voted pages ago for JA. I came back to say she did a great job opposing CM's acquittal motion today! She is certainly the classiest of all attorneys in that room for both sides.
So.....I'm changing my vote to either JA or LDB. I trust them to decide.

I hope CM does the defense close. I don't understand a word he says and for some reason my mind doesn't even try to decipher it. Or maybe JB. I understand what he's saying just not how he dares to. Win Win for Caylee on that side too IMO. :crazy:

Can they use that clip if it hasn't been brought in as evidence?
Technically it has but I'm not a lawyer, just someone spotting a loophole.
When CA was on the stand testifying to the last day Caylee was seen by her and the visit to Mt Dora, she identified a photo or photos of Caylee that were stills taken from the video she shot of the visit.

So the video has been admitted in so much as the photos wouldn't exist without it...at least IMO.
Good question though!! I hope one of the lawyers here can answer this!

I don't know much about JA other than that he has done a wonderful job in this case. Is his cough the result of an illness, or is it a vocal tic of some kind?
No it's a new cough.

As a long time WS'er and newer to this case, basically since Opening Statements, I said JA. Jeff truly carries the emotion needed to keep his argument on Caylee. LDB was spectacular with the motion to "acquit", and slammed Mason back in place with legal, and teacher like facts. But for closing arguments, I believe you have to bring home the facts, with tons of emotion. And it's been said before, JA wears his heart on his sleeve, and that heart pumps HUGE for Caylee.

I voted for JA. We are a society who expects high drama in a courtroom and JA can deliver more of that then LDB. I am sure JA can review the evidence in an intelligent coherent manner for the jury. He will add that biut of passion to keep the jury listening. LDB is smart, but not quite sassy enough for the grand finale' in my opinion. PS. Some of the photos of ICA on this thread and board are truly astonishing! Thank you smart people for posting!

I think JA can be great - loved his forceful version of events at the hearing - it certainly made ICA scared and furious. And there is no doubt he can be emotional and persuasive.

But I think LDB has important attributes. She has been calm and measured and thorough throughout - very no-nonsense. She has great credibility with the jury. And we saw a little bit of how she can project when her "velvet glove" voice comes off. I think she has a voice a jury will respond to. And she is a female - someone who may be a mom - I think any holdouts in the jury will have no objection to another female telling them this woman committed the most heinous, unspeakable act on her own child. JA at that point may appear to some as yet another male that is "victimizing" the defendant (not that JB will be very successful in painting, or rather troweling, her in the makeup of a poor little girl abused by men her entire life.)

I love the drama of JA but LDB has the voice and credibility of an avenging angel and I would probably vote as a juror whatever way she told me to. When she gets mad, I would totally listen and feel like I did when the teacher said "turn around and quit talking Cecybeans!".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back