POLL: Will George and Cindy remain together in the wake of the trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will George and Cindy's marriage make it beyond the trial?

• Yes

Votes: 255 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 371 59.3%

• Total voters
If they come into money because of this, the marriage will not survive it. CA stays with GA because she has too much to lose. GA stays with CA because he would starve otherwise.

I hope that they stay together, because 28 years is a long time and they have been through the worst kind of hell together.

Points in the suicide note that rang loud and clear:
1. George tried speaking up for over a year and was told to keep his mouth shut as he was just being negative. (I would assume he is talking about calling ICA out on her lies and BS)
2. He feels he failed Caylee. (I assume because he did in fact shut his mouth as he was told, against his better judgement)
3. He feels stupid and that Cindy has always been smarter and superior.
4. He has never found his own identity here on this earth, in this life. (apparent to all of us over the past 3 years)

If thru this tragedy, George does 'wake up' and forms his own identity, never shuts his mouth again when told to, and pledges his life to the honest remembrance of little Caylee and reflects upon how/why she was failed, my thoughts are that he will high-tail it outta there. He will not be able to live with Cindy. I think he will resent Cindy. Guess we'll see if George ever really 'wakes up' and smells the coffee.

They'll stay together long enough collect their pay for media appearances, write a book, etc. Once that's over they'll go their separate ways. IMO.

George said early on, to someone in LE I think, they he and Cindy would probably divorce over all this. He has had indiscretions, and many speculate she may have had a thing with DC way back when.

Magpie reports at The Hinky Meter on the goings on in the courtroom that we don't see, and she noticed during the state's case that George and Cindy seemed to be drifting apart. That they seemed so strong together in the beginning, but not so anymore.

I know the statistics are high for families who have lost a child to split. I would think this family would be at higher risk due to the loss of a child and all the other things that have happened over the last three years.

So.....do you all think they will make it?

Good question! :)

My husband and I separated forever after a little girl, Caylee's age, was beaten, brought to our house for help and died in our house. He and I did have marital problems not related to the little girl's murder. Also, a lot of "dirt" came out about my husband during this stressful time, though not related to the murder. These murders are like the icing on the cake. JMO

I think 6 months after the verdict ...they will go there seperate ways...JMHO

I voted no.
I certainly don't believe the major problems in this marriage are caused by Casey.
After veiwing the video of Cindy's deposition in the "Zanny" civil casel...my personal opinion: Cindy shows absolutely NO compassion for this poor woman for the destruction of her life...and Cindy AGAIN lies, and shows her real true character and willingness to hurt people.
OF COURSE I've witnessed Cindy ongoing dishonesty throughout this trial - and her willingness to "play anyone and everyone."
I do hope George will walk away from this woman he's married to; and rebuild his life and try to find some type of peace and happiness - which I believe will NOT be impossible as long as he's married to Cindy.
I think George has proven he has the ability to change and redeem himself.
Cindy doesn't seem to want to change. That's my opinion.
I wish both of them the best.

Together or not I just need them to stay out of the news and out of my life!
:escape:

Personally I hope that they don't stay together. Cindy is going to stay firmly behind KC as she has been. George needs to get out of the toxic relationship he is in. George needs to be his own man for a change. Perhaps if Cindy stood beside George when KC claimed abuse instead of lying for KC again on the stand, then I would feel differently.

I think he stood up for his granddaughter and I think that she stood up for her daughter. I hope that he makes it emotionally, she's stronger and he's had problems in the past.

I think he could be a really great victim's advocate (a' la Beth Holloway or Mark Klass) but I just cannot see Cindy ever believing that her precious daughter is guilty....

I said yes because they've made it this far and that isn't easy to do with everything they've gone thru. I think though if they do break up it'll be over her lying and his alledged affair.

I said no but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and they do survive this ordeal.

What I read of George's suicide note (yes, I felt almost ashamed of myself for doing so) made it clear he really loved Cindy & his family. I'm sure they've both made mistakes. Marriage is hard, even long term ones, in the best of circumstances. I hope they can pull together and work through it all.

Cindy should have turned and run when she met George. He has been nothing but a cheating embarrassment. I feel sorry for her when I watch him on the stand, I hope she finds a MAN that will spoil her rotten, I am sure there are more than enough missing child groupies who will throw themselves at him no problem. Its pathetic.jmo

I DO BELIEVE THEY WILL STAY TOGETHER at this point in their life. if casey gets death penalty i feel both will have nervous breakdown and that will change the events. both will be needing to be hospitalized at some point. holding them together is like making two half make one whole if casey also is sentenced to death. they could survive if lwop but death penalty will make one or both incapable of trusting , compassion and will effect them in every way of life.jmo feel cindy will remain single if divorced. lovers but no hubby-lol

george will have many woman willing to have him as their friend and lover. cindy will be more independent and will be more public in speaking and tv . george will stand up for himself more and cindy could be shocked he says no more bull from anyone- so-- in the end who knows. could depend on verdict .

Remember, they almost divorced several years ago after George ran up his credit cards and depleted Cindy's retirement account from his online gambling. Cindy found out then from her lawyer that if they divorced, George would get half of everything and Cindy would have to give him alimony since she basically supported him after the move to Florida (according to the emails between Cindy's mom and another relative from '08). The only way Cindy would dump him now is if she can make some money off this whole ordeal, enough so that the divorce won't be so economically devastating.

This is my first post, but I have been following this forum since this whole case began. Just want to say hi and thank you to all of you who have contributed so much to this awesome board!

:welcome:

From what I've observed the past almost-three years, the Anthonys are a very toxic family. I see Cindy as controlling and ICA as manipulative and GA and LA as completely emasculated. But I think George really made a breakthrough this week, and seems to want to make things right, in Caylee's memory. He's finally growing a pair.

I don't know if it's love that keeps CA and GA together....I actually think George is afraid of Cindy. And she enjoys her celebrity. When the trial is over, she's going to drag George around the talk show circuit. I don't think that man is ever going to find peace as long as he's with her. Not that I'm a big fan of George, but I really dislike Cindy.

But, of course, we don't really know these people. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. It's all speculation. After all...I neither a psychiatrist NOR a chemist!

:twocents:

I don't know and it's none of my business really. I just hope they have the courage to make whichever decision is better for them. Sometimes it's being together, sometimes it's moving on.

I think they have over the years formed a co-dependent bond that will keep them together. Maybe not in the model marriage or with much happiness though. Nonetheless, I don't see them separating.

I think they will stay together to comfort eachother. I believe they will need eachother to keep Caylee's memory alive. Of course I believe they are going to needs therapy for several years to try and work this all out to get their minds straight. I'm sure they are just a bundle of nerves all the time now.

I voted yes, but will qualify it with "for now". As stated by others, they'll stay together for the interviews, the book, and the book tour, at the very least. And yes, of course there will be a book. And I highly doubt Cindy will be donating the proceeds to support cadaver dog search groups, like Laci Peterson's mother did.

Something that I have not seen picked up on is George's gambling addiction. It appears to have been a serious, serious problem. Read some articles about those who become addicted to gambling. Dysfunction, dysfunction, dysfunction.

So it is not all Cindy here. Two very needy, dysfunctional people. Yeah, they may stay together.

Cindy gets off the stand, looks at Casey and mouths, "I love you."

George gets off the stand, looks at Casey and makes the motion of washing his hands.

I don't know how they can sit next to one another in court, let alone share the same house. :dunno:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back