Possible charges Possible Immunity Lee and All Anthony's Thread #22000ish

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I posted about this on the Greta thread last night. I find this very interesting.

First, I thought no one in the family has had contact with her since her arrest in October. If LA saw her in person, the media and sleuths here would have been all over it. If contact was by email or letter through JB, I would think there would be some serious problems with that "contact." If it was a phone call, I would think someone would have found out about it.

Also, Luka said LA doesn't "really know what his relationship is with his sister." Now maybe I'm just not think straight (it's been known to happen), but he's had a relationship with his sister for 22 years. But for the last month, he hasn't been able to determine his relationship with her? Did something happen between them, is he trying to distance himself from her or something entirely different? I just find that to be an odd statement.

Peachy

I did find that statement odd as well. How can he not know what his relationship is with Casey? Unless he feel she will turn on him if he speaks any truth.
The more I think about the fact that Luka said he has not had contact with Casey since Dec has me very curious about where/when/how/ did that contact happen? I then go back to the theory that maybe Baez allowed her to call Lee from his phone, Lee did tell Casey she could call him at home or on his cell. Then I go back to the computer motion that was filed, why such urgency for Baez to take his laptop into the jail? Lee was in contact with Casey in December per Luka, I wonder if that was before or after the remains were discovered and how many other times has he had contact with Casey or other's? I, wonder if the so called contact was a visit, ( with no record of a jail/phone visit by Lee or other's) was instead a video visit via the INTERNET?

I find it interesting that his own lawyer is saying this..Luka, specifically mentions what he could be charged with, without having been told anything from the authorities as of yet.

Casey Anthony's lawyer won't have to fight for his laptop. :waitasec:
November 25, 2008
Jose Baez was going to ask for special permission to bring his laptop to the jail when he visits Casey, but Monday the jail told Eyewitness News it has suddenly changed its laptop policy. They will allow private attorneys to carry in their computers starting next month. http://www.wftv.com/news/18141523/detail.html

"on behalf of Law enforcement"......right.

Just making a note of what Luka states about Lee and the last time he had contact with Casey..."IMO" Lee was the one on the phone with Dominic Casey in Nov when they were looking for the remains..Luka states that Lee has not had any contact with Casey since before Dec 11th...to me he is saying that Lee and the family have had contact with Casey around that time, it must of been through Baez, that is the only way to explain it (Speculation of course) because they have not visited her since her last arrest nor has she called, it's not in the records..no jail visits and no phone calls since her last arrest.

Quote:JVM http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0901/27/ijvm.01.html

Thomas Luka, you`re the attorney for Lee Anthony. What do you know about this?

THOMAS LUKA, ATTORNEY FOR LEE ANTHONY: Well, here`s what I know, Jane. I know that the Anthony family, including Lee, my client, has not had contact with Casey since before December 11 of this -- of this past year. They don`t know how she`s taking the death of -- the discovery of her daughter. They don`t know anything. They`ve had no contact with her.

VAN SUSTEREN: What's his relationship like with his sister now?

LUKA: To be quite honest, he has not had any contact with his sister since December. So we do not really know what his relationship is with his sister.

VAN SUSTEREN: How about prior to December? Let's go back after the child was reported missing on July 15 in the days and weeks after that before the remains were found in December-what was it like? http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,483416,00.html

January 28, 2009
Conway said he will ask the jail to arrange a private, face-to-face meeting and possibly hold a small memorial service at the jail. Their last jail visit was made in mid-October. http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18582240/detail.html

I agree MADJGNLAW I caught my breath when LA'a attorney stated this as well and thought hmmm.....What an odd thing to state...

<<VELEZ-MITCHELL: Meanwhile, Thomas Luka, you represent Lee Anthony, and you keep saying you think he also is going to be charged. In fact you said, quote, "There were instances where he was acting on behalf of his sister or law enforcement that could now be seen as something less than benign or hindering the investigation." So you`re expecting Lee, Casey`s brother, to be charged.

LUKA: Well, I`m not actually expecting it, but I`m anticipating it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What`s the difference?

LUKA: Well, the difference is this. That it`s possible that, when I made that previous quote, what I -- what I was saying was that something in looking back, in hindsight, some benign act might now, now that the case is a murder case, might in fact, lock like it would be tampering with evidence or obstruction of justice. And the police may want to question Mr. Anthony further about that or may want to even charge him for a crime because of that. >>

I hope Luka keeps talking, he really gives lots of clues, doesn't he?
"he was acting on behalf of his sister or law enforcement ","tampering with evidence or O of J" . That Dec. 11 date he stated....I think Mr. Luka is a wealth of info, and the fact that he's willing to state a few things publicly, tells me he knows it's coming (or he's not too good at keeping secrets). My guess is the first one, although both may be true.

Lee knows something or he did something. I agree this one time with LP that lee might had figure out where Caylee was. and tip off the PI. If LA does not know anything why does his lawyer keep thinking that Lee will be charge. Very Hinkey! JMO

IDK, call me crazy but I get the feeling this attorney is only trying to gain publicity for himself, as most who have injected themselves. He talks as if he truly doesn't have any information about his entire case. He only knows what he's been told??? Or did he do an investigation for himself. He talks as if he has no clue.

LE already said, there are no charges looming over LA's head. When they want to question him again, they will. To hear, "he knows what he did", leaves it wide open. He keeps harping on no subpeona, well don't you get a subpeona when you get closer to trial? He is on the prosecutors witness list.

Now, LE is off working for a month, 18 hour days for the superbowl parking. LE knows where LA is and if they wanted to arrest him, it would have already been done. I'm more concerned about LA being away for work, GA in the hospital with no release in sight, so when will this precious child have that funeral/burial???

I think this attorney especially, needs to give it a rest...:furious:

I think LA moved or rebagged Caylee's body at some point to where it could be found easier. The only thing here is it didn't work obviously. No one thought to look closer to home except the MR.

Also a couple of the defense attorneys have mentioned that LE would be crazy to give any of the A's immunity as they could get on the stand and take some responsibility and screw up the trial. I say as long as they still want to be stubborn mules and insist on Zanny and KC didn't do it, let them all go with Princess and do the time. :mad:

I believe LA's lawyer is an ambulance chaser who started chasing this machine before it left the bay. Now he has to do something to make himself neccessary (since the amblance hasn't even pulled out onto the pavement yet) ie the little media blitz he's been on banking up face time. This guy is pretty much trying to get LE to look at LA so he'll have a legitimate job to do.

Pulled from transcript of NG on 1/27- LP mentions conversation btwn Lee and Casey where Lee asks her "was this like last time?"- I remembered this from one of their early conversations but have been unable to find it again. I think it was in relation to the fight with Cindy and Casey leaving the house. I've gone back and listed to all the audio of jail house visits, read transcripts and still have come up with NOTHING. Anyone know where to find it?

LP's statement on NG last night:

There`s no doubt amongst us that Lee carried the message as part of the daisy chain that led to the finding of the body by Kronk. Now a lot of people are going to disagree with me on that but I`m telling you, when he asked her if this was like before in that one interview, in that one conversation he was having with her, that`s when the whole thing started.

The idea and the concept of developing the information for the body to be found

Pulled from transcript of NG on 1/27- LP mentions conversation btwn Lee and Casey where Lee asks her "was this like last time?"- I remembered this from one of their early conversations but have been unable to find it again. I think it was in relation to the fight with Cindy and Casey leaving the house. I've gone back and listed to all the audio of jail house visits, read transcripts and still have come up with NOTHING. Anyone know where to find it?

LP's statement on NG last night:

There`s no doubt amongst us that Lee carried the message as part of the daisy chain that led to the finding of the body by Kronk. Now a lot of people are going to disagree with me on that but I`m telling you, when he asked her if this was like before in that one interview, in that one conversation he was having with her, that`s when the whole thing started.

The idea and the concept of developing the information for the body to be found

I have always been curious as to what Lee meant when he asked Casey "was this like last time? What could of happened the last time? Did Casey have a big fall out with Cindy before and Caylee got hurt in the middle of a heated argument? Jezzz...I really am curious now.

I thought Lee was asking KC, " if this was like before was about KC telling the lie that she was attacked , knocked down & robbed. Lee's meaning might have been, "So you lied like the last time?"

Bolded and colored by me

You get what you pay for.
---------------------------------
IMO all the A's should be charged. I just can't see getting away with lying to LE and obstructing justice to the degree that they have and getting off scott free.

Most people have lied to LE in there lives...No officer I was not speeding....but to do the things the A's have done is mind boggling, to me anyway.

I do not see the point to Luka announcing to the world that LA might be charged though. Maybe he thought that we would be shocked and protest or something.

So far, nothing about this whole case has made sense.:crazy:

Bringing myself out of lurkdom :blushing:
I tend to disagree that most people have lied to LE. Not that I've had much contact with LE, but I've never lied to them. Even when I was pulled over for speeding, when asked if I knew why I was being pulled over, I replied that I did.
I agree that their actions have been mind-boggling, I can't even begin to comprehend :waitasec:

Today, I'm hoping that one of the TH's will ask Lee's attorney just when Lee and Casey communicated last and more importantly, by what means ..

I can't believe that not one single TH has picked up on it in the last few days .. :rolleyes:

Today, I'm hoping that one of the TH's will ask Lee's attorney just when Lee and Casey communicated last and more importantly, by what means ..

I can't believe that not one single TH has picked up on it in the last few days .. :rolleyes:

I hear the National Enquirer has some interesting stuff coming soon regarding Lee.

I have always been curious as to what Lee meant when he asked Casey "was this like last time? What could of happened the last time? Did Casey have a big fall out with Cindy before and Caylee got hurt in the middle of a heated argument? Jezzz...I really am curious now.

I am wondering if that comment by Lee may refer to the incident about something with money and Sports Authority that George makes mention of in one of his statement. It is not real clear but the general gist that I could make out was that Casey claimed she had been robbed while working for SA [which was a lie also] and then told the A's some bogus story about speaking to LE but she never could back that lie up either. George went to Sports Authority himself about it because he felt something was odd about what she was saying.
It's in one of GA LE interviews with OCSO but it was never fully explained in the interview so I got the impression that it had already been discussed earlier or LE already knew about it from a previous case. I have heard no mention of again in any other interview.

I think that Lee knows much more than he has let on. Does anyone know which jail visit tape he said this on. Maybe there was something else said that would help put it into better context.

Now that Lee is finished his parking lot job, I expect LE will want to speak to him this week.

Also, I was reviewing the news stories last night and BC first said his clients wouldn't co-operate unless given immunity on or about Dec. 16th, and that he was asking LE for immunity that week. I think it's pretty obvious LE said "no way".

I hope LE start back up with their investigations this week as I am sick of the circus, and really want to see justice for Caylee.

I've been reading up on Evidence law lately, particularly Hearsay. And I literally just sat up from some case files and a lightbulb went off about LA.

The law says that previous inconsistent statements made by a witness are admissible at trial if 3 conditions are met: (1) the witness is cross-examinable concerning the prior statement; (2) the statement is "inconsistent" with present testimony; and (3) the statement was made under oath in a prior proceeding or deposition.

[In Florida, its 90.801(2)(a) - Link http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0090/ch0090.htm]

If those three conditions are met, whatever was said at the grand jury indictment, written in depositions, and in most jurisdictions, sworn to police in affidavits - are admissible at trial even though it is technically hearsay.

The MAJOR exception is that if a witness constantly pleads the 5th against self-incrimination, he is not considered "Cross-examinable" - so (1) would not be met, and his previous statements would NOT be admissible. (U.S. v. Torrez-Ortega)

I kept thinking about how LAs attorney was basically daring OCSO to bring charges for obstruction - if they did, LA could sit up there and plead the 5th, and NOTHING he said could be admitted into evidence. If he was on the phone with DC that day, if he told OCSO things about KC, nothing.

Do you think he was trying to help his sister? OR, was he trying to get immunity does he DOESN'T have to go through this - maybe LA was cooperating with LE from behind the scenes? And didn't want to have to plead the 5th to save his behind, knowing it would knock out anything he said?

I wonder if after the memorial (WED) if LE has a plan?
But then the family and JB are dragging out the burial.........
I wonder if LE will wait for more time now?
IIRC CA said in the driveway with protestors that
"I don't want to lose another one".......then LA
"was this like last time?" Makes my mind wonder if LA
helped kc before with something similiar??? Just my mind going
crazy again.......IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads