Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I wonder what the tip was? I mean usually the police will not announce something like that until they can check it out first.

I think they might have found Susan. Inviting the investigators from her hometown for the announcement would be at the least a courtesy between departments. The two departments will in the future be jointly prosecuting this case if it is news of her discovery.

At any rate, I pray for this family and especially the kids involved. I am sure that they are and have been beside themselves.

Does anyone have a link to the presser? Been looking but can't find one

I agree Gwen

Fox news is going to have info in about 1 hour.

Dang it, I have stuff to do but I can't pull myself away from the computer!

Kids start school Monday, been waiting to but stuff today since it's finally tax-free weekend...aarrrgh! Stores will be so crowded!

I am so bad at waiting!

I wonder if Susan's boys are alone with Josh and his family right now? I hope there are other people watching out for them!

Hmmm Josh being happy about his search make me sad because he not panicing.

What is glaringly missing is any curiosity or concern for Susan. If he truly thought she had been hiding, he would be worried right now because it doesn't sound like they've found an alive Susan! He looks calm because he knows she is dead and he is pretending he had nothing to do with her death.

He says, "I couldn't be happier", but his facial expression is not happy at all. He looks aprehensive to me!

JMO

The Deseret News reported that they phoned the home of Steve Powell in Puyallup, Washington where Susan’s husband, Josh Powell has been living with his two young sons since shortly after Susan went missing. A woman who answered the phone said the family is not making any comments until they see what comes of the police search. She said that she thinks the announcement is most likely a “teaser” that will yield little.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...eak-case-leads-police-to-nevada-media-invited

:praying::praying::praying:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52413989-78/powell-police-susan-west.html.csp

Ely, Nevada — Officials here are planning a 10 a.m. news conference to discuss what they have called a major break in the missing person case of Utah’s Susan Cox Powell.

Salt Lake Tribune reporters Christopher Smart and Melinda Rogers are on the scene and we will be streaming the news conference live at the link below (stream courtesy KUTV 2 News).

For anyone who cannot watch the video... or cannot stomach watching this fine upstanding young man... :innocent:

Interview is in a grassy area with the sounds of children playing in the background....

Josh: It's frankly the best news I've heard in 2 years almost.

Reporter:
Did the police contact you at all... or was it just...

Josh: Nope, nope, just the media.

Reporter:
Is that odd?

Josh: *laughs* No, it's not odd for the police to not contact me. They don't contact me. They don't make attempts to contact me.

Reporter:
Do you try to contact them?

Josh: We've learned through experience that they say what they want to say and that's all they say.. and it's usually a lot of nothing.

Reporter:
What has this... what has the last year and half, almost two years been like for Josh Powell?

Josh: Well... I mean it has been hard. You know. It's a hard two years. It's been lonely you know. :boohoo:
I mean, you know, Susan is my wife. I will always love her.
There's a lot of relationships that are destroyed because of the way people have behaved over the last two years.
And............. it really just changes things.

Reporter:
Can I ask how the boys are doing?

Josh:
Yeah, They're doing phenomenally well. They're happy, they're smiling, they're laughing, they're giggling.
They're boys. They you know, they're loving life as boys.

Josh: It's hard on them, I mean they're, you know again it comes down to people's behavior toward... toward our family.
It has the deepest impact on my sons. Something that has been acknowledged by some of the people responsible.
And unfortunately....... but luckily though, the entire community, schools, organizations, multiple churches...
I mean there's a lot of people who have been extremely, extremely supportive of me, of my sons, of our entire family.

Josh: And you know... It doesn't make up for what other people are trying to put us through...
but you know it's... it's a good commentary on humanity. :waitasec:

Reporter:
Part of the stress on you these last couple years has to be not just your wife not being there... but as you talked about, being the target, the focus, I don't know what you want to call it. But there are people that think you had something to do with it.

Josh: Well luckily, the police have a credible lead.
I can't say that... I can't say that doesn't cross my mind, that this will be vindication as well.
But mostly I tend to think about my sons...you know it's 100% about them.

Josh: Secondarily it's about Susan... to be quite honest and you know that's the way she wants it... I guarantee it.

Reporter: I asked you earlier about this and you told me I could go with this earlier.
The whole thing with the camping trip... that's one thing that people remember.... can you tell me what.... you know....

*Josh shakes his head*
Reporter: you don't want to talk about that?

Reporter: Okay... um do you....

Josh: I think that... I think that I've said a little too much. :giggle:

Reporter:
Already...

Reporter: You got the point across that you camp all the time with these boys, anytime of the year, anytime of the night and I just...

Josh: I'm not the one to talk about it, it's not relevant coming from me. :waitasec:

Josh: And I don't... can you turn off....

:liar: The END. :waiting:

Lmao. reminds me of the beanie cap interview.

So I am assuming that is 10 mountain time, 9 pacific, 11 central and 12 eastern.

eclark4 Emily Clark
About an hour until the #SusanPowell Presser. We are setting up right now ... coverage starts at 9 on #ABC4 #CW30 #KTVX #FindSusan
1 minute ago

Earlier this week, DH and I were discussing the Robyn Gardner case and the possibility that her body will never be found and that GG might leave Aruba a free man. Out of the blue, DH said, "What about Josh Powell? Don't you think that he'll get away with having murdered Susan?"

I haven't really thought about Susan Powell for a while because there are so many other high profile cases that have been in the news in recent months. Maybe DH was psychic when he mentioned JP. If this latest development does mean that Susan has been found, I hope there's enough evidence to charge someone with her murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MG89
Back