Possible Matches for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to get some feedback on this from Kelly Jolkowski, who as far as I know is the only other parent of a missing child on WebSleuths. Her mailbox is full, however, so I guess I'm on my own. I don't know how to tell you...but what you suggest is absolutely impossible for me to do if I am to maintain any emotional equilibrium. My resources, physical and psychic, are not limitless, nor are the hours in the day. "Why seek ye the living among the dead?" comes to mind. We would not have come this far without Doogie, Sherlock, and the other members of WebSleuths, but if we siphon off energy to lobby on Unidentifieds in this way, that's just so much diverted from our present efforts. I hope this doesn't sound dismissive. It makes me feel bad to write it, but I know my limits...and I can't do what you suggest.

HI Annasmom, all,

I'm just an email away if you're looking for me. For whatever reason, I don't like PM's and don't keep the messages cleaned out. My email is kelly.jolkowski@projectjason.org Unfortunately, with so many cases, I don't get to pop in here often.

It would appear that the situation has worked itself out. I think it is a good idea to have an UID team to work on these as time permits and filter them from you as was suggested.

I understand what you are saying about only having so much energy and preferring to focus on the positive. Those who aren't in the know may not understand the exhaustion that comes from such a long search and trying to maintain equilibrium with all that we must balance in our lives. That balancing act can be tough enough as it is without throwing a missing child situation into the picture. I myself have felt guilty about not doing certain things suggested that were secondary in my opinion. The suggesting person may not understand what it takes to do all this. But I learned, as you have, that we can only do so much and we have to keep a positive focus and not let grief and/or the search consume us.

I'm so glad you have all these kind people assisting you. What a blessing!

Please do remember that we have our Healing Harbor benefit if you decide you ever want to talk to a highly experienced and respected counselor...one of the tops in the nation in fact.

With Hope, Always,
Kelly

PS: Jerry Nance is one of the nation's most knowledgeable and respected cold case managers. I've met him and spoken to him on more than one occasion. He knows his stuff, that's for sure. I'm glad also that he's there for you!

I figured as much, but thought it was worth a try anyway. It's best to try all of those avenues.

Has anyone seen this posting in cousindirect:

http://www.cousinconnect.com/d/a/106208

Also, a long shot, but I thought the name was interesting, Effie (I know not exactly the same, but the Italy connection was also intriguing). I sent this woman a quick email with a link to Anna's website. I'll report back what she says, if anything.

Elizabeth, did you ever get a response from this woman?

Just to update everyone. Another member here had received an anonymous tip from someone who remains anonymous even to me. He/she gave us the name of a woman living in Canada who strongly resembles the age progression of Anna and believed that the woman was adopted around the age of 7. Our Canadian party who helps us has located and contacted the adoptee to find out she has found her birthfamily some time ago and she confirmed that she is not Anna. Keep the tips coming in!

If it wasn't for the "blue" eyes, I'd be all over looking for the gal who posted this:

Mother & father of Baby Girl born 1968-1970 City: Canada I was born between 1968-1970, a baby girl with blue eyes, pink/white skin, in Canada or the United States. I was either abducted or privately bought/sold as there are NO adoption records or papers. My birth certificate is for a baby who died soon after birth (certificate of death found in "my" name). I may have been born in Utah, Montana, Idaho, California, Washington state, Wyoming, Saskatchewan, Alberta, or British Columbia, or possibly even northern Mexico -- these were places the parents who raised me travelled (dates on old photos) between 1967-1970. I've looked through many, many records online (centre for missing & exploited children, etc) but there's almost no info on anyone missing before the early 1980's. I don't want anything from my biological parents (if they're still alive), I just want to know who you are, tell you I'm alright, and offer you friendship.

If it wasn't for the "blue" eyes, I'd be all over looking for the gal who posted this:

Mother & father of Baby Girl born 1968-1970 City: Canada I was born between 1968-1970, a baby girl with blue eyes, pink/white skin, in Canada or the United States. I was either abducted or privately bought/sold as there are NO adoption records or papers. My birth certificate is for a baby who died soon after birth (certificate of death found in "my" name). I may have been born in Utah, Montana, Idaho, California, Washington state, Wyoming, Saskatchewan, Alberta, or British Columbia, or possibly even northern Mexico -- these were places the parents who raised me travelled (dates on old photos) between 1967-1970. I've looked through many, many records online (centre for missing & exploited children, etc) but there's almost no info on anyone missing before the early 1980's. I don't want anything from my biological parents (if they're still alive), I just want to know who you are, tell you I'm alright, and offer you friendship.

If the picture dates are 67-70 the blue eyes and dates would eliminate for me. Though, the dates could be bs..... so no harm in inquiring a bit further.

Talking about blue eyes. Did I give you the chicago address in addition to the phone number we discussed via email re: NK/NB? I can't find it! My trial at ancestry has been cancelled and I contacted old RE/mortgage/appraiser buddies who can check the address for me since the tele isn't working. Those with MLS access....

or anyone have an ancestry subscription. PM. Going to PM iW too....

do you think we could contact her? maybe she would like to join ws and we could help her locate her family for her

If the picture dates are 67-70 the blue eyes and dates would eliminate for me. Though, the dates could be bs..... so no harm in inquiring a bit further.

Talking about blue eyes. Did I give you the chicago address in addition to the phone number we discussed via email re: NK/NB? I can't find it! My trial at ancestry has been cancelled and I contacted old RE/mortgage/appraiser buddies who can check the address for me since the tele isn't working. Those with MLS access....

or anyone have an ancestry subscription. PM. Going to PM iW too....

Thanks iW. Will update if anything transpires.

do you think we could contact her? maybe she would like to join ws and we could help her locate her family for her

SherlockJr had mentioned off-forum that the email address that she used is currently invalid. I will try and locate a name associated with that address, but odds are against us if we cannot get a name to research.

As a result of some recent developments, we will probably be visited over the next couple of weeks by some of the women who we are currently looking at as possible Annas. This is why I asked that we take certain research "off-forum" for a time - I wanted to avoid the possibility of something getting posted that may have discouraged them from making contact. Thank you all for your understanding and discretion.

I am trying a new technique with these women. In the past, we have scrutinized as much as we can possible find out about a candidate - so much scrutiny that it has taken months before we decide whether to make contact. I am currently thinking that this approach is too cautious. My new philosophy is to find out what we can quickly and then just contact these women by mail with a copy of Anna's missing poster and a brief letter asking if anything about this means anything to them. I am including web links to searchingforanna.com and here.

This means that what we post here will be viewed by these women - if they choose to follow up on the information provided. Please be conscious of this fact when deciding what to post. Remember that people who we would describe as abductors would be probably known to Anna as Mom and Dad, and we will need to tread lightly in this case. And if these women are not Anna and they see their families publicly depicted/insinuated as kidnappers, it will cause them to flee this site quickly (and probably sue us into eternity).

And hopefully, one of these women will recognize something here that will trigger a memory of her early childhood which will lead to a most joyous reunion.

And hopefully, one of these women will recognize something here that will trigger a memory of her early childhood which will lead to a most joyous reunion.

I sure hope so..... that would be so wonderful!

One of the women who has been contacted as possibly being Anna has responded. This was a "Wanek" who strongly resembled Annasmom in North Dakota. She wrote me a very nice message explaining why she could not be Anna: she is a Wanek by marriage and is at least ten years younger than Anna. We can scratch her off of the list.

If you want to see a remarkable Anna look-alike, do a search for the actress Carey Mulligan. Of course she can't be Anna, since she was born May 28, 1985, but the resemblance is worth noting.

If you want to see a remarkable Anna look-alike, do a search for the actress Carey Mulligan. Of course she can't be Anna, since she was born May 28, 1985, but the resemblance is worth noting.

Hmm, would it be worthwhile to look into ber Mum's name. It's very possible that Anna would have been in the child bearing times in 1985.

I was told lately that Ancestry.com is going to be ordered at this house very soon. So if anyone needs any lookup done send an e-mail to the address listed below

Hmm, would it be worthwhile to look into ber Mum's name. It's very possible that Anna would have been in the child bearing times in 1985.

I was told lately that Ancestry.com is going to be ordered at this house very soon. So if anyone needs any lookup done send an e-mail to the address listed below

I have a subscription to ancestry.com too, but only US records...Foreign records are mega bucks extra. :( I can help if any one needs USA lookups.

I also have a few months left at classmates.com, but I don't think I'll renew that subscription.

ETA:

Another very useful "free" web site, for looking up addresses is www.zillow.com In case you are not familiar with it, it is a real estate tool for looking at houses and property values in different neighborhoods across the US. It doesn't give you names of people owning houses, but it does have satellite images of most, (not all) US neighborhoods, showing street names, house numbers and brief description and property value of each house. It also says if a house has recently been sold, or is for sale. The satellite images are nice so you can see what is nearby...like a lake, park, or a school...etc.

There are six short parts of this movie on You Tube.

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?p=r&user=mijnfilmpjesonline&page=2

I have not seen the entire movie, so I don't know if Donna (Anna Waters) appears here. I sent a message to the person in the Netherlands who had posted this.

I would like to know what you think.

There is a TV movie called "No Child of Mine" which has an actress by the name of Anna Waters, who played the role of Donna.

The subject matter is disturbing - its about child abuse.

The listing is here: http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0119795/

I contacted the person who listed this on the IMDB website asking for any information about the actress (I couldn't find anything on the net). He was wonderful and replied right away, unfortunately he doesn't remember what the actress looked like as he saw the TV movie in 1997.

He did suggest I contact:

Meridian (the ITV franchise for the South of England) were one of the film's production companies and should have a copy in their archive - perhaps you could contact them for information. Their website is http://www.meridiantv.com

In case there was/is an international connection I've pursued this so far. Waters is not an unusual name in Europe though so I am not too excited about this lead.

Before trying to track this any further, Dr. Doogie have you checked out this actress before?

newbie here and I must thank the person who directed me to this particular site.
First off, Annasmom, I must say that my heart goes out to you. I can only imagine the pain you have felt all these years with your little girl lost. I don't believe I could have survived if anything had ever happened to my son.
That being said, I looked at the clips on youtube from No Child of Mine, and I thought it interesting that there was a resemblance in the young lady who took in young Kerry to your daughter. I put the age progression photo next to the video as it played. But I am no expert. JMHO

The actors union in the UK is called Equity (I think you have to join for tv work), I looked at their site but they only list scots and irish actors, will try to email them for more info on the actress, there seems to be a quite a few Anna Waters in Britain.

The actors union in the UK is called Equity (I think you have to join for tv work), I looked at their site but they only list scots and irish actors, will try to email them for more info on the actress, there seems to be a quite a few Anna Waters in Britain.
Doogie, Sherlock, help me here. I know we investigated and even looked at pictures of this actress quite some time ago and concluded that there was no connection with our case other than that she had the same name. I don't know where on the forum that information and the pictures are, but I hate for good time to be wasted on something we have ruled out, especially since even looking at the YouTube clips of this movie seems to bring up very unsavory and suggestive links which none of us wants on our computers. I remember Doogie's declaring that Brit actress, along with the Tasmanian singer having the same name, as "Not Anna".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay