Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would her clothes have been returned to her family or are they still holding them as "evidence" in case the cause of death changes?

all the water in the ocean is receding....... put your foul weather gear on

I understand, however, Shannan was not in a pool or the ocean or in deep water in any way. So I see no reason she would have taken off her wet pants. She was in a marsh with a couple of inches of water.

I think we agree although I didn't explain myself well...my point was that Shannan as a non-swimmer would have panicked, and would not know to take off her pants to avoid being weighed down by them...if she did try to remove them it might not have worked for her if she was stuck in marshy, swampy water - even a pro may not have survived that. I just really have a problem believing she became separated from her clothes, phone, bag and then somehow her BODY ONLY made it to the edge of Ocean Parkway.
I also don't believe she took her pants off - I think somebody else did and dumped her belongings in a pile - just like the girls were dumped. MOO

I think we agree although I didn't explain myself well...my point was that Shannan as a non-swimmer would have panicked, and would not know to take off her pants to avoid being weighed down by them...if she did try to remove them it might not have worked for her if she was stuck in marshy, swampy water - even a pro may not have survived that. I just really have a problem believing she became separated from her clothes, phone, bag and then somehow her BODY ONLY made it to the edge of Ocean Parkway.
I also don't believe she took her pants off - I think somebody else did and dumped her belongings in a pile - just like the girls were dumped. MOO

They also coulda been a change of clothes that were in her pocketbook. During the time it was rumored that the purse was found in near perfect condition I heard that the shoes that were found were actually ballet kind of slippers. So that made me think of a change of clothes.

Look at what is presented... her phone and body were separated by a couple hundred yards. She was previously on the phone with 911 for 23 min. If she were suffering from hypothermia, don't you think that would have been stated before her body's discovery? "We believe she suffered from hypothermia based on what she said to the 911 operator." If she was running for her life WHILE on the 911 call, why, all of a sudden would she dump that phone?

Logic needs to come into play when we don't have all the facts. This does not seem like a plausible scenario. If I presented this to a child, he would laugh at me and call me stupid. MOO

There has to be findings that we are not aware of. It trumps all speculations we may have had and how high or low the tides were. Our opinions are based on the info we have and the info we dont have. They should have looked in the marsh one and a half years ago. Theres only one reason they found her. They finally looked. I dont believe they did not have access before to the marsh prior to last Dec.

LR1, THE FORMER PC referred to that area as a crime scene.

You are making too much of an idiot calling it a crime scene. Under the circumstances his choice of words was not inappropriate even if he KNEW she wasn't murdered.

I think Dormer is smarter than all of us....he is the one with the 200k pension and benefits for life. :)

Well I'm the turkey who actually believed there was a tip. I have to spend more time around Hawk.

You are making too much of an idiot calling it a crime scene. Under the circumstances his choice of words was not inappropriate even if he KNEW she wasn't murdered.

Hawk, You lost me there.

Hawk, You lost me there.

Calling it, and treating it like a crime scene before you even know if a crime has been committed is the way to go when you're trying to gather evidence.

I continue to study the NY Post photo of Shannan's remains...and I've spent so much time enlarging, brightening, etc that I think I'm going to go blind.

But there is something in that photo I cannot figure out for the life of me...

and I don't believe it's Shannan's shirt.

IMO, it appears to be some sort of debris on top of her upper body and it appears to be "machine like."

in this picture, her skull is at the bottom and her legs are at the top and the black thing on her upper body is really what has me totally stumped. Anyway, I believe 100% that she was murdered.

I was reading through this thread ( that I have never read) ( imagine that, another one!) ( After all those greasy pans!) I found this VERY disturbing pic that I had read reference to, but never saw. Mrs. PC wonders what is on top of the remains. As much as I hate to say it., I distictly see two eyes, two ears, a nose, and two paws. Is it a badger or raccoon? Where did this picture originate from? Was it one of the first crime scene photos? Maybe when they first came upo
n the body? Is this photo legitimate? Mrs. PC says it is from the NY times. I can't imagine LE releasing it! If not, did someone leak it?

I was going to include the attachment since it didn't show up in the quote, but decided against it because it is so disturbing. You can easily find it if you care to by clicking on the arrow next to Mrs PC in the above quote.

Another thing I noticed is, IF this IS a legitimate picture, the remains are NOT fully skeletonized.

Another thing I noticed is, IF this IS a legitimate picture, the remains are NOT fully skeletonized.

The picture is blurred.i thought the skull was upside down. Im not sure of what im lookig at. JF have anothet look. Does that look like a black backpack?

There was one time when in one of my photos I even thought that I found a white cross marking a grave in the middle of the marsh.

It's all computer-generated. It took me some time but I learned. Take any computer photo and keep increasing the magnification. Unlike photos that are printed in ink, the pixels aren't perfect circles or squares. I always figured they would be but I was wrong. There is some sort of computer-generated distortion that occurs when we zoom-in on photos too much. That's all you are looking at. No badger or backpack. At one point it was thought to be a car muffler on top of her remains. Nothing like that. Also, from the direct reports we know that only hair and skeletal remains were found. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper