Possibly breaking news.......... not sure

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying one way or the other, but blackwater training requires blackwater.

interesting concept ;)
Yes, Dave. It does. Now...explain to me why they would want to drain the pond while they are doing their training exercise of diving in the blackwater? ;)

Deputies Searching Putnam Woods, Pond

Family Told Search Is Connected To Missing Haleigh Cummings

POSTED: Friday, September 18, 2009
UPDATED: 11:11 pm EDT September 18, 2009

PALATKA, Fla. -- Putnam County authorities said there's nothing newsworthy going on, but Haleigh Cumming's family told Channel 4 that a search of woods and a pond south of Palatka that continued late Friday night is connected to the 6-year-old's disappearance.It's a second night of police activity in Putnam County that had people speculating about a development in the search for the Satsuma girl missing since February. Many people called and e-mailed Channel 4's newsroom Friday night about the search of a pond on Stokes Landing Road, off U.S. Highway 19 south of Palatka. Channel 4's Jennifer Bauer confirms that law enforcement has blocked roads leading to the pond.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20987727/detail.html

map.jpg

http://www.wftv.com/news/20998031/detail.html
Divers Search Lake In Haleigh Cummings Case
Posted: 11:14 pm EDT September 18, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Dive crews in Putnam County searched a lake Friday night for evidence in the Haleigh Cummings case.

Sources tell Eyewitness News that crews did not find a body, but they did find evidence in the case.

Deputies Acive In Woods South Of Palatka

Deputies Searching Putnam Woods, Pond
Family Told Search Is Connected To Missing Haleigh Cummings

UPDATED: 11:14 pm EDT September 18, 2009

PALATKA, Fla. -- Putnam County authorities said there's nothing newsworthy going on, but Haleigh Cumming's family told Channel 4 that a search of woods and a pond south of Palatka that continued late Friday night is connected to the 6-year-old's disappearance.

Bauer was told by a man whose employees were pumping water at the request of the sheriff's office they would likely be on scene all night. The man said the sheriff's office would not tell him what they were looking for.

Bauer was told by a man who rents pumps that the sheriff's office is using two of his pumps at the scene.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/20987727/detail.html

Yes, Dave. It does. Now...explain to me why they would want to drain the pond while they are doing their training exercise of diving in the blackwater? ;)

With all due respect, please do not put words in my mouth.

I was refering to the text I quoted which was
You don't dive in the dark, especially if it's for a training exercise.

I said nothing aout draining the pond, the color of grass or the calories in a Big Mac

Not saying one way or the other, but blackwater training requires blackwater.

interesting concept ;)

That's not what blackwater training is. You've always got to know which end "UP" is and even if they do find something, it can better be done in the daylight so as not to compromise evidence. And of course, we all know a pond is easier to search when it's been emptied with pumps.

and why they would have dozens of cop cars with them and cops searching the woods...

Hey Cajun, can you explain this map to me? TIA

That is the way you have to drive from where Ron lives to get to the area that is being searched. Unless you had a boat and could scoot across the river

explain why they are draining and diving at the same time period.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20998031/detail.html

Divers Search Lake In Haleigh Cummings Case
Posted: 11:14 pm EDT September 18, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Dive crews in Putnam County searched a lake Friday night for evidence in the Haleigh Cummings case.

Sources tell Eyewitness News that crews did not find a body, but they did find evidence in the case.

That is the way you have to drive from where Ron lives to get to the area that is being searched. Unless you had a boat and could scoot across the river

Was it not mentioned that someone had a John Boat early on in the case? Or am I thinking of another case?

explain why they are draining and diving at the same time period.

They probably started out with the divers and the pumping was an afterthought. That would be my best guess. I now see that it has been reported they are "dredging" the pond. Gosh, you would think after all these months if there were remains there they would want to be ever so careful and in my estimation, dredging would not be the way to go. I don't know how deep this pond is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop