Post Any Dateline Discussions Here!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just have to give Kudos to Dateline. I admit I have expected that we are all going to see the "new narrative" that the Ramsey's are the poor persecuted innocent parents, wrongly accused. I still expect that from Dr. Phony and probably the CBS series. But Dateline was a very pleasant surprise. Sure, they had the "good friend" insisting on innocence and covered the Lou Smit fairytale, but that is objective journalism. They also presented the TRUTH.

One thing I was somewhat struck by. I have followed this case for years, read all the books, articles, etc. and like many others gotten into a lot of the minutiae of the case. In doing that for so long, it's easy to overlook, or at least forget about, the truly obvious, at least in my case, but seeing it presented in such a capsulized version was interesting in this sense.

If I knew nothing about this case and was watching it presented for the very first time last Friday on Dateline, the huge and glaring red flag that stood out was this. No innocent parent, or parents, behave the way the Ramsey's did. None, zero, nada. It makes absolutely no sense.

Your child is "kidnapped". There is a ransom note, longer than my senior thesis, warning you to speak to no one including the police. Now, contacting the police in spite of that warning? I wouldn't fault parents for that. Did they even bother to tell the police about the threat? Nope. Then they proceed to invite the rest of boulder over. Nope. Makes no sense. Then, you refuse to cooperate with the police. No way in hell do innocent people behave that way. No way. I don't care if it's wise to get legal counsel, I don't care if you have friends or family advising you to do so. I don't care how rich you are. If that is my child, I would be demanding a polygraph so they could move forward in the right direction. I would be re living every detail of the last days of my child's life and insisting the police listen in case there was anything in there that might alert them to something. Of course I would be grieving, but I would also want answers.

One of the people known to be in that house killed her and whether both parents were immediately aware of that or not, both parents decided to obstruct justice for their daughter.

John and Patsy both claim they didn't kill their daughter and they also say their spouse didn't kill her either, but did they ever claim in any interviews that Burke had no involvement?

Patsy's interviewer suggested maybe an accident or something that started to sound like perhaps he was suggesting Burke... Patsy immediately said, "You're going down the wrong path, buddy!"

That really stuck out to me. For someone who claimed she had no idea, how did she know the interviewer (Trip Deluth I thought it was) was "heading down the wrong path?"

also I hope someone screen captured the documents that
flashed by.

Here you go, they appear to be pages 71, 72 and 73 of some kind of GJ document - their final report?

The last bold heading is: Conclusion
There's a short paragraph giving their finding.
Then there are bullet points (12-15?) laid out to support how they came to that conclusion. Unfortunately we can't see all of the 3 pages as parts are overlapping, but I did manage to get a fairly clear screencap of what was visible.

Edited to add: Hmm the quality looks worse now that I've uploaded them. Maybe a compression issue? I've put them up on my dropbox too, if people want to download the pngs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22urdz9g7kjsrqw/dateline1.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1umx847dt2kp2ng/dateline2.png?dl=0

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• dateline1.jpg
    dateline1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 264
  • dateline2.jpg
    dateline2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 263
Patsy's interviewer suggested maybe an accident or something that started to sound like perhaps he was suggesting Burke... Patsy immediately said, "You're going down the wrong path, buddy!"

That really stuck out to me. For someone who claimed she had no idea, how did she know the interviewer (Trip Deluth I thought it was) was "heading down the wrong path?"

Always bothered me as well. Three people, all sleeping at the time of the crime are all adamant that none of them are involved. How do they know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go, they appear to be pages 71, 72 and 73 of some kind of GJ document - their final report?

The last bold heading is: Conclusion
There's a short paragraph giving their finding.
Then there are bullet points (12-15?) laid out to support how they came to that conclusion. Unfortunately we can't see all of the 3 pages as parts are overlapping, but I did manage to get a fairly clear screencap of what was visible.

Edited to add: Hmm the quality looks worse now that I've uploaded them. Maybe a compression issue? I've put them up on my dropbox too, if people want to download the pngs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22urdz9g7kjsrqw/dateline1.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1umx847dt2kp2ng/dateline2.png?dl=0

attachment.php
attachment.php

Not GJ findings, ZoriahNZ. Those are from the police presentation in 1998

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads