Post sentencing discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pistorius broke?

Telegraph article tonight- Pistorius's legal team, which included two senior barristers and three additional lawyers attending court throughout, was rumoured to have cost £1 million. "Sources close to the athlete's legal team said of R17m (£995,000) run up in the course of his seven-month trial, R10m remained unpaid at the end of his trial"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...storius-spent-1m-defending-murder-charge.html

From 2013 article - "Pistorius’s family is super-rich
in his statement applying for bail, Pistorius said that he owned properties worth R8,3 million and earned R5,6 million a year. Along with his brother, Carl, he is co-director of four companies — Epic Exposure Advertising & Branding, Epic Exposure Gauteng Advertising and Branding, Epic Expression and Solutions and Vula Media."
http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global[_id]=96515

I still find it hard to believe he is broke too.

Exactly, Cotton. It's all finely-crafted PR to garner sympathy.

There's no such thing as a "broke" Pistorius.

I have a trial subscription, but not sure if the conditions rules disallow you from posting content. But I'm going to post a small section, as it's actually an excerpt from her book, "A Mother's Love".

Contrary to Pistorius’s claims that they were in love, Mrs Steenkamp said they had not slept together because her daughter “was scared to take the relationship to that level”.

She believes that her daughter knew “in her heart of hearts” that they would not be happy together. She writes: “Her clothes were packed. There is no doubt in our minds: she had decided to leave Oscar that night.”

I think one has to understand that the parents are suffering and therefore not entirely thinking things through. If Reeva decided to leave that night it certainly had to be after her mssg "hi guys decided to stay the night", or whatever she wrote to the Meyers at around 10:00pm and with a violent argument in full swing who stops to pack their bag so neatly.

And then there is the card that she wrote, "Roses are red, violets are blue, today is a good day to say I love you". Those are not the words of someone who was planning to leave earlier and IMO pride coupled with betrayal, anger or whatever emotions would have made her card on top of the list for ripping up before she even packed her bag. Just doesn't make sense IMHO.

BBM .. that really is a most peculiar thing to say to someone you made love with :eek:

It probably should have said vulnerable not venerable . When writing on my iPad I often have to go back and correct words that my iPad predictive text has finished for me.

Pistorius broke?

Telegraph article tonight- Pistorius's legal team, which included two senior barristers and three additional lawyers attending court throughout, was rumoured to have cost £1 million. "Sources close to the athlete's legal team said of R17m (£995,000) run up in the course of his seven-month trial, R10m remained unpaid at the end of his trial"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...storius-spent-1m-defending-murder-charge.html
From 2013 article - "Pistorius’s family is super-rich
in his statement applying for bail, Pistorius said that he owned properties worth R8,3 million and earned R5,6 million a year. Along with his brother, Carl, he is co-director of four companies — Epic Exposure Advertising & Branding, Epic Exposure Gauteng Advertising and Branding, Epic Expression and Solutions and Vula Media."
http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global[_id]=96515

I still find it hard to believe he is broke too.
If he's only paid R7.5m so far, then he's paid less than half his bill. He can't have paid more than about £400,000. So now we're expected to believe he didn't even have £400,000 to his name???

I think one has to understand that the parents are suffering and therefore not entirely thinking things through. If Reeva decided to leave that night it certainly had to be after her mssg "hi guys decided to stay the night", or whatever she wrote to the Meyers at around 10:00pm and with a violent argument in full swing who stops to pack their bag so neatly.

And then there is the card that she wrote, "Roses are red, violets are blue, today is a good day to say I love you". Those are not the words of someone who was planning to leave earlier and IMO pride coupled with betrayal, anger or whatever emotions would have made her card on top of the list for ripping up before she even packed her bag. Just doesn't make sense IMHO.
Another possibility for an argument in the early hours of Valentine day could have been the fact that OP had not got Reeva a Valentine card or present ?

If Reeva decided to leave that night it certainly had to be after her mssg "hi guys decided to stay the night", or whatever she wrote to the Meyers at around 10:00pm and with a violent argument in full swing who stops to pack their bag so neatly.

She hadn't been planning to stay the night, so she would have packed her bag earlier. And that's why she left the card and present the way she did, telling him not to open it until the morning.

There have been suggestions that she didn't send the text to the Myers, that it doesn't read like her usual style.

She would have written that card out much earlier, probably not even the same day. Whatever happened in the hour or so leading up to her death, the card clearly wasn't top of her list. The events may well have driven it from her mind.

Exactly, Cotton. It's all finely-crafted PR to garner sympathy.

There's no such thing as a "broke" Pistorius.

But there's always a sob story with Oscar isn't there

Here's Trish Taylor, from her book... Oscar, An Accident waiting to happen .
"...Despite being incredibly well off - he was earning millions a year at this stage- he found it very hard to give. He seemed to hold on to everything. He was always saying how much richer everyone else was than he was"

Maybe this is the source of the night-time tears, if you believe that previous prison report of course....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oscar-An-Accident-Waiting-Happen-ebook/dp/B00NEPC3V2

She hadn't been planning to stay the night, so she would have packed her bag earlier. And that's why she left the card and present the way she did, telling him not to open it until the morning.

There have been suggestions that she didn't send the text to the Myers, that it doesn't read like her usual style.

She would have written that card out much earlier, probably not even the same day. Whatever happened in the hour or so leading up to her death, the card clearly wasn't top of her list. The events may well have driven it from her mind.
BIB - I thought she probably brought it with her a few days before when she first came to stay.

forgot this instance from same book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oscar-An-Acc.../dp/B00NEPC3V2

After STaylor and him had split and she had started a relationship with super-rich Quinten Van der Berg, apparently his constant refrain was "It's because I'm too poor" At this stage she says he was earning 2 mill rand ( $200, 000) a month but couldn't see it was actually because of OP's behaviour, according to mother.

However, maybe more than a coincidence ST tried to move on with billionaire Van der Berg?

Thanks for your reply, Mr Fossil.

I'm afraid I've been thinking about the iPads again - I'm really keen to know when the browsing history on the two iPads found at the scene was deleted. Did OP delete the histories before or after he shot Reeva? I would think before, given that the history relating to his *advertiser censored* surfing still remained. If before, does this mean that Reeva had access to the iPads and he didn't want her to be able to check up on him? I'm sure that a deleted history would have made her very suspicious. Had both iPads been synced with each other, I wonder?

And what about Reeva's own iPad? Do we know if this was ever examined by Moller? Initially, there were rumours that Reeva had received messages from Francois Hougaard, but I suspect that these rumours have not been substantiated and I'm pretty sure that Hougaard denied any involvement.

I realise that our primary theory is that Reeva saw something on OP's iPhone, but I was also wondering if he may have picked up her iPad when she went downstairs for a snack. If he did, he could easily have read her iMessages.

Also, I think there's a way to do the syncing via iTunes. If they'd shared stuff via iTunes, a suspicious Reeva may have been able to sync OP's iPhone with his iPad herself. Is this possible?

Samantha Taylor's evidence regarding Jenna Edkin's whatsapps popping up is really useful - I can see that happening with Reeva, too. However, I posted before that I thought Reeva slept in the spare room that night, for the following reasons:

1. I thought OP's peculiar tooth-brushing scenario was intended to reinforce the picture that they slept in the same bed that night.
2. His evidence that, if she'd gone downstairs for a snack, he'd have known about it, suggested to me that they'd slept apart.

So, if they did retire to bed that night, on balance, I think they went separately; alternatively, they rowed on and off all evening and didn't go to bed at all. This would also explain his evidence at 1. and 2. above.

It was Mike Sales who examined the iPads. I believe the history on OP's iPad was deleted prior to the evening's browsing so I suspect he deleted it before going into the house when he got home. Reeva's iPad surfing history was said to cover similar sites to OP's. The *advertiser censored* bit on OP's iPad was mere seconds in duration.

I doubt either iPad was used for WhatsApp messages, but iMessages are a possibility.

To share via iTunes (at that time) would require that both devices were registered to the same account. Family sharing is now available.

Reeva appears to be happy when she tweets "I'm there like a bear!!!! Yayyyy!!!! X" at 20:41:35 while OP is on the phone to cousin Binge.

Last iPad browsing is at 21:19. Reeva's last WhatsApp is at 21:13. See Timeline for further details.

I guess they could sleep separately but there's too much evidence of her in his bedoom (I know he could have moved it): her overnight bag, coffee cups, jeans, cosmetic bag and toothbrush in bathroom, handbag (which OP retrieved from bedroom).

And iirc he was allowed to remove his T-shirt and wash his chest and face etc.

Wasn't his t-shirt found by the bed? There was no mention of blood on it, so I doubt he was wearing it.

The text to the Myers was to Desi, Cecil's wife. What Cecil Myers reported were not the actual words of the message, just the gist. The WhatsApp was sent at 20:42 (it may have been read later) and reads "My Des!!!! I'm staying in PTA again it's sooooooo far to drive I just decided to stay here today and work! See u for valentines day xxxx". That sounds like Reeva to me. See Timeline for details.

If he's only paid R7.5m so far, then he's paid less than half his bill. He can't have paid more than about £400,000. So now we're expected to believe he didn't even have £400,000 to his name???

Agreed. Additional, I would find it unlikely someone would go to the trouble of establishing off shore accounts for a mere $10,000, $20,000 safe keeping.

Knowing a civil suit was quite likely from the Steenkamp's, the Pistorius clan was $$$ savvy enough to know the importance of quickly "liquidating" (i.e....hiding) all assets for safe keeping. Only Judge Masipa seems to give credence to the "poor broke Oscar" line. I'm guessing most won't be convinced by this story that continues to be spewed over and over again to the press.

Has the Digital Spy Pistorius thread finished completely or has everyone over there found a new home to post?

The text to the Myers was to Desi, Cecil's wife. What Cecil Myers reported were not the actual words of the message, just the gist. The WhatsApp was sent at 20:42 (it may have been read later) and reads "My Des!!!! I'm staying in PTA again it's sooooooo far to drive I just decided to stay here today and work! See u for valentines day xxxx". That sounds like Reeva to me. See Timeline for details.

Ah! Thanks, Mr F. I've never seen that before. Yes, definitely sounds like her.

I have always predicted that they had not slept together (meaning no intercourse) as Reeva used to go home about 10.30pm to the Myers house and Cecil Myers used to meet her half way. Even that night, Reeva had planned to go home but I think OP stopped her. It was reported that one of their car doors were open. Was it Reeva's car or OP's? I have always felt that the arguments began on the ground floor and OP prevented her leaving, so she (or he grabbed her phone to do it) sent a message to Cecil about 10.30pm to tell him not to meet her at their arranged spot. I think he trapped Reeva there so she ran up to the bedroom to get her bag and he locked her in the bedroom. Later she ran into the toilet and locked herself in there and the rest is history.

IIRC during Baba's testimony it was heard that there had been a report of EVDM's gate being open as well as one of the Stipp's sliding doors was open but can't recall one of OP's car doors being reported as open. And EVDM's gate and the Stipp's sliding door must surely have been reported quite early in the evening since I recall text messages were sent to both EVDM and the Stipp's who replied it was open because of the heat, and I can't imaging security messaging and disturbing people at 3:00am in the morning... or do they?

Maybe Reeva hadn't yet slept with OP when she confided in her mother. I don't know when June last spoke to Reeva, but we know Reeva spent an additional two nights (prior to the killing) with OP, so I would imagine they were sleeping together at that point? Funny how OP didn't shoot her before that night, seeing as Reeva probably made the usual night-time noises, and OP would have been familiar with them.

IMO......................The mum and dad have decided they don't want any physical contact to have happened between Reeva and the murdering , hence the quote in the book.
Why would they!!
He murdered their daughter fgs and I too would want to distance my daughter from him as far as possible.
"She went to bed feeling loved that night".............yeah rite then you shot her ffs.
If your reading this Roux.................how the feck can you sleep at night after defending this cretin?
Most of the world knows he is guilty..................and so did you mate.................absolute disgrace what you did...............horrendous in fact.
AIMHO

Wasn't his t-shirt found by the bed? There was no mention of blood on it, so I doubt he was wearing it.

Then why didn't Nel mention it in XE?
And all the other evidence that was read into court but never mentioned again !

Something not right at all IMO.

Reeva’s parents clearly love each other very much.
I’m so glad they have each other and their loving, supportive family and friends.
June and Barry raised a wonderful daughter.

The Pistorius clan must live with what they raised.

june and Barry Steenkamp.jpg

Sadly it wasn't all as rosy between them. Barry Left June when Reeva was very young. It was Reeva, when she was about 15, who managed to get them back together but I agree they do now look very fond of each other. Long may it last. It has been reported recently as a short break but I read an article last year that suggested it could have been as much as 10 years they were apart. I have looked for it again but without success. If I find it again I will post it on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay