Post sentencing discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly it wasn't all as rosy between them. Barry Left June when Reeva was very young. It was Reeva, when she was about 15, who managed to get them back together but I agree they do now look very fond of each other. Long may it last. It has been reported recently as a short break but I read an article last year that suggested it could have been as much as 10 years they were apart. I have looked for it again but without success. If I find it again I will post it on the forum.

In the extract from The Times, which someone kindly posted earlier, it says:

They lived apart for 14 years, but never got divorced and moved back in together in 2008, after burglars broke into June’s home on a night when Reeva had been visiting from Johannesburg. Reeva said it wasn’t safe and forced her parents back together.

A lot more supporting detail added to Witness testimony analysis 2 (this is based on the assumption that Johnson's phone time is wrong). I'll finish it during the week. Also contains links to all the other files (phone usage charts, testimony analysis as given, timeline and witness location maps) which continue to be updated as more information comes to light. Feedback welcome.

Here is a quote from Samantha Taylor referring to her time with him. He was probably using his Blackberry as the iPhone 5 wasn't released until September 2012. The Blackberry also runs WhatsApp.

"You know, we both suffer from insomnia. Often I would wake up and he would be sitting on his phone. I often saw her name, although it was not saved under 'BabyShoes" at the time. It was 'Jenna Edkins'. I often saw her name. If he was showing me a photo on his phone and her WhatsApp message would pop up - we fought over that a lot. She was a very big problem in our relationship, a huge problem."

From Behind The Door by Mandy Wiener and Barry Bateman.

OP has 3 GPRS activations when he says he was asleep, the last being at 01:48:48, ending just before the argument EvdM reports hearing at 01:56.

As I've said many times before I believe he learned to use Airplane Mode on the iPhone to stop embarrassing communications coming in when he wasn't using the phone. This accounts for the periods when there is no GPRS connection shown on his phone (it is an 'always on' service). He has to take the phone out of Airplane mode to use it. He was therefore awake IMO at 01:48 and this last GPRS activation (WhatsApp exchange) triggered the argument that EvdM reports hearing. And hence the phone disappeared and was tampered with.

Hi Mr. Fossil,

Just queuing up to thank you for the tremendous work with all the charts. :star2:
And agree with the last BIB. Carl wouldn’t have taken the risk to tamper with the phone if there hadn’t been some damning evidence to get rid of.

Apologies if this was already posted/linked:

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Oscars-father-arrives-first-to-visit-20141026

The article states Oscar's first visitors:
1st - father Henke arriving early (@7:30am) and waiting for visiting hours to open. Seen holding DVD in his hand.
2nd - sister Aimee arrives with her Uncle Arnold, in Uncle's car
Short time later (@8:40am)
Carl arrives (picture shown of him on crutches approaching entrance to prison) with a relative. Relative carrying a white plastic bag of items. Both approaching entrance.

Then article states that Aimee & Dad exited a short time later, walked to Uncle's car & "returned" carrying 5 bags. (I took this to mean they grabbed bags out of the car, then returned inside with the bags in tow, back to see Oscar. Likely items for Oscar.)

. . . . well so much for "equal treatment" in prison. Thought only allowed (2) visitors per week.

With regards to my above post - Oscar's first visitors....

Thankful at least that Masipa wasn't spotted checking in. :drumroll:

What type of work would he do for Uncle Arnold? I do not know what businesses he is involved in.

I am way behind, so I apologise if someone has already answered this.

This link shows the number of businesses the Pistorius family owns:

http://www.grafika24.com/business-empire-of-the-pistorius-family/

Apparently, Uncle Arnold owns 39 active companies - investment, property, tourism, big game hunting. So, plenty of scope for Oscar to sort himself out a nice comfortable gig being paid for enjoying himself.

A lot more supporting detail added to Witness testimony analysis 2 (this is based on the assumption that Johnson's phone time is wrong). I'll finish it during the week. Also contains links to all the other files (phone usage charts, testimony analysis as given, timeline and witness location maps) which continue to be updated as more information comes to light. Feedback welcome.

Annette Stipp in her testimony said that after the first shots they heard , she looked outside from her bed
and at two houses the lights were on.. Oscar's and the house right side of Oscars looking from Stipps house
which is Montshuanes.. It does not fit to Montshuanes testimony though.. Maybe that could be included to the timeline.

From that link:

"He didn't like to be reminded that he was different because mentally he wasn't different," says Gianni Merlo, who co-authored Pistorius's book. "This was because of the way his mother brought him up as a kid. He has a spirit that is completely different because he was born that way.
Without knowing what it feels like to be normal, you feel normal."

Funny then how his entire character appeared to change during testimony, when he wanted everyone to believe he was utterly vulnerable, terrified, in fear for his life, after having been the victim of 'several' crimes (none of which were reported, and one in which he had no idea of who he called after his near-death experience on the highway!)

Without knowing what it feels like to be normal, you feel normal.

Exactly..he simply wanted to get Masipa's sympathy so she would believe his nonsense story..and believing it..she did..

Also the article shows that he was always on the reckless side..he had a passion for speeding since he was a kid...he drove a car without a license..etc... The boating accident is..in and of itself.. proof of his recklessness and wild nature.
What I'm trying to say is that.. brain damage or not..he was reckless/negligent before, during, and after the accident..

I too feel deeply sorry for her parents. However, Masipa's verdict is not only about Reeva and Pistorius..it is about domestic violence..it is sending the wrong message. It is also setting a dangerous precedent. I do hope her parents would give their support to the state to appeal this outrageous verdict..

I agree and I've said as much numerous times. At this point, to me, even though I totally disagree with the sentence, this is not about OP at all. It is about setting a precedent that can be relied upon by others and does send out the wrong message regarding domestic violence which as we know is a huge problem in SA. I believe these are the two main reasons why the State will appeal if they believe they have the legal grounds to do so.

Apologies if this was already posted/linked:

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Oscars-father-arrives-first-to-visit-20141026

The article states Oscar's first visitors:
1st - father Henke arriving early (@7:30am) and waiting for visiting hours to open. Seen holding DVD in his hand.
2nd - sister Aimee arrives with her Uncle Arnold, in Uncle's car
Short time later (@8:40am)
Carl arrives (picture shown of him on crutches approaching entrance to prison) with a relative. Relative carrying a white plastic bag of items. Both approaching entrance.

Then article states that Aimee & Dad exited a short time later, walked to Uncle's car & "returned" carrying 5 bags. (I took this to mean they grabbed bags out of the car, then returned inside with the bags in tow, back to see Oscar. Likely items for Oscar.)

. . . . well so much for "equal treatment" in prison. Thought only allowed (2) visitors per week.

So he had FIVE visitors?? Why are the rules being relaxed for him?? Makes me wonder what privileges he's getting inside. What a bloody farce. Maybe the other prisoners should put in a request for three extra visitors per session!

Sadly it wasn't all as rosy between them. Barry Left June when Reeva was very young. It was Reeva, when she was about 15, who managed to get them back together but I agree they do now look very fond of each other. Long may it last. It has been reported recently as a short break but I read an article last year that suggested it could have been as much as 10 years they were apart. I have looked for it again but without success. If I find it again I will post it on the forum.

In the Times article, it said they were apart for 14 years.

Something that sticks out for me in your analysis ...

Is it possible that Burger and Johnson heard the "Help,help,help" at the same time as everyone else, but just got the order of their events wrong ? If there had been "Help, help, help" before the shots, I would have expected the Stipps to hear them.

I'm a little suspicious that they called the "helps" mocking and embarrassed. They would need to describe them as such if they thought they came before the shots.

I know your analysis reflects the witness statements. I don't know how you would annotate your analysis to show an alternative version of a witnesses recollection (hope that makes sense ... it's getting late).

If he's only paid R7.5m so far, then he's paid less than half his bill. He can't have paid more than about £400,000. So now we're expected to believe he didn't even have £400,000 to his name???

Disposal income, maybe. It's all tied up somewhere, I expect, if this is the case. Someone mentioned way back, the possibility of offshore accounts too.

There's the party he gatecrashed about eight weeks after the murder, when he tried to get off with a Reeva look-alike.

Yes, I remember that now, thank you, but IIRC he didn't display temper or bad behaviour etc which is what my list is about.

Agreed. Additional, I would find it unlikely someone would go to the trouble of establishing off shore accounts for a mere $10,000, $20,000 safe keeping.

Knowing a civil suit was quite likely from the Steenkamp's, the Pistorius clan was $$$ savvy enough to know the importance of quickly "liquidating" (i.e....hiding) all assets for safe keeping. Only Judge Masipa seems to give credence to the "poor broke Oscar" line. I'm guessing most won't be convinced by this story that continues to be spewed over and over again to the press.

Exactly!!!

Absolutely. In a case like this, where the law seems to have been dangerously misapplied, it shouldn't be up to the family of the victim to decide.

The family would have no input into this decision at all.

If he paid the 'sound' expert, he should definitely get a refund!! I thought OP had several racehorses, and sold just one to help with his fees? And what about the financial information that was stored on the USB drive? Were the details of these accounts ever made public? I think OP wants everyone to think he's broke, but his definition of broke is probably my definition of filthy stinking rich. I bet he has money stored somewhere that he doesn't want anyone to know about (outside his "circle of trust").

From the a.m. article
"But Pistorius – who was estimated to earn about R20 million a year before the 2012 London Olympics – has no more money, so the bill has been sent to his uncle."

I wonder . .

. . . . if we just assume 30-35 million Rand in 2011/2012. . . . where has all the money gone ????

. . . . are we seeing the PR machine again here ???

P.S. Not sure, but I think it was only one horse he co-owned with someone else

I am way behind, so I apologise if someone has already answered this.

This link shows the number of businesses the Pistorius family owns:

http://www.grafika24.com/business-empire-of-the-pistorius-family/

Apparently, Uncle Arnold owns 39 active companies - investment, property, tourism, big game hunting. So, plenty of scope for Oscar to sort himself out a nice comfortable gig being paid for enjoying himself.

I hadn't seen this so thanks. This is just mind blowing. Oscar is not going to suffer at all. The 5 bags that went into him today? It's just not right. It's a prison.

With regards to my above post - Oscar's first visitors....

Thankful at least that Masipa wasn't spotted checking in. :drumroll:

Now that was really funny! lol

In the Times article, it said they were apart for 14 years.

Goodness me, that was a long time. Thank you for finding that. So he left when she was 1 year old - or did he come back when she was older? Or was the story different from what I remember? Did the Times article say? It does seem now that they are very fond of each. I do hope it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l