Post sentencing discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the a.m. article
"But Pistorius – who was estimated to earn about R20 million a year before the 2012 London Olympics – has no more money, so the bill has been sent to his uncle."

I wonder . .

. . . . if we just assume 30-35 million Rand in 2011/2012. . . . where has all the money gone ????

. . . . are we seeing the PR machine again here ???

P.S. Not sure, but I think it was only one horse he co-owned with someone else

We need a forensic accountant here to figure this out for us.

Originally Posted by Judgejudi View Post
I did a list once before but this has far more to it. Have I missed anything?

There is the accident with the dog, which he shot dead to spare his pain.

Thanks for that. While I agree it was hideous the way he did it, and with the dog's owner witnessing the whole incident, as he'd driven over the poor animal and obviously broken it's spine, it could be considered a humane way of putting it out of its misery. SA is not here. You wouldn't just don't head off to the nearest vet, and how many vets would there be out in rural areas - I suspect virtually none. He said the dog raced out in front of his car and he couldn't avoid it, and that may well be the truth. What I find appalling is his total disregard for the owner. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt here. I have to add, you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger animal lover than me.

If a lot of you want me to include this incident, just one needs to say so and the rest can give their thanks. I'll go with the flow.

ETA: There's so much on the net about OP that it's getting harder to find these sort of incidents. Please provide a link if at all possible because I want to put it the timeline to show how his anger and temper have been increasing over time. Thanks.

Goodness me, that was a long time. Thank you for finding that. So he left when she was 1 year old - or did he come back when she was older? Or was the story different from what I remember? Did the Times article say? It does seem now that they are very fond of each. I do hope it lasts.
I posed the whole Times article on page 13.

Apologies if this was already posted/linked:

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Oscars-father-arrives-first-to-visit-20141026

The article states Oscar's first visitors:
1st - father Henke arriving early (@7:30am) and waiting for visiting hours to open. Seen holding DVD in his hand.
2nd - sister Aimee arrives with her Uncle Arnold, in Uncle's car
Short time later (@8:40am)
Carl arrives (picture shown of him on crutches approaching entrance to prison) with a relative. Relative carrying a white plastic bag of items. Both approaching entrance.

Then article states that Aimee & Dad exited a short time later, walked to Uncle's car & "returned" carrying 5 bags. (I took this to mean they grabbed bags out of the car, then returned inside with the bags in tow, back to see Oscar. Likely items for Oscar.)

. . . . well so much for "equal treatment" in prison. Thought only allowed (2) visitors per week.

to be fair, we don't know if all of them were allowed to see him ;)

>>>>> a Woolworths grocery bag !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are we to believe the Pistorius family is doing groceries at Woolworths ?????
:facepalm:

Goodness me, that was a long time. Thank you for finding that. So he left when she was 1 year old - or did he come back when she was older? Or was the story different from what I remember? Did the Times article say? It does seem now that they are very fond of each. I do hope it lasts.

They got back together in 2008 so only six years ago. They must have separated in 1994 so how old was Reeva then?

I hadn't seen this so thanks. This is just mind blowing. Oscar is not going to suffer at all. The 5 bags that went into him today? It's just not right. It's a prison.
And this is outside in full view. What's going on inside??? If he's getting extra privileges and luxuries, then who's letting them through? Shouldn't there be some monitoring going on? It's nauseating to think he's being treated as someone special, when he's not special at all. He's just a killer, like so many other killers. I can't believe he was allowed five visitors.

In the extract from The Times, which someone kindly posted earlier, it says:

They lived apart for 14 years, but never got divorced and moved back in together in 2008, after burglars broke into June’s home on a night when Reeva had been visiting from Johannesburg. Reeva said it wasn’t safe and forced her parents back together.

Thank you for the info. I view the forum back to front, so to speak, ie latest first. It saves a lot of time scrolling down but I can get out of kilter when ansering posts - doh! So I saw Estelle's post before yours. I guess Estelle was repeating it for me. Thank you again.

And this is outside in full view. What's going on inside??? If he's getting extra privileges and luxuries, then who's letting them through? Shouldn't there be some monitoring going on? It's nauseating to think he's being treated as someone special, when he's not special at all. He's just a killer, like so many other killers. I can't believe he was allowed five visitors.

Wherever is he going to store at least 7 bags of shopping of one type or another in a cell?

Thanks for that. While I agree it was hideous the way he did it, and with the dog's owner witnessing the whole incident, as he'd driven over the poor animal and obviously broken it's spine, it could be considered a humane way of putting it out of its misery. SA is not here. You wouldn't just don't head off to the nearest vet, and how many vets would there be out in rural areas - I suspect virtually none. He said the dog raced out in front of his car and he couldn't avoid it, and that may well be the truth. What I find appalling is his total disregard for the owner. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt here. I have to add, you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger animal lover than me.

If a lot of you want me to include this incident, just one needs to say so and the rest can give their thanks. I'll go with the flow.

ETA: There's so much on the net about OP that it's getting harder to find these sort of incidents. Please provide a link if at all possible because I want to put it the timeline to show how his anger and temper have been increasing over time. Thanks.
There was the Kings of Leon incident.

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Oscar-Pistorius-Hero-or-Hooligan-20111103

My first glimpse of Oscar was seeing him all but fall into a group of people and had to be helped up by one of his equally drunk friends. We just looked at one another and shook our heads. Maybe he just looked that drunk because his blades weren’t too stable. As the evening progressed, Peter (my friend’s husband) and Adrian (my fiancé) went off to buy us something to drink. Marilyn and I were rocking away to the fantastic Shadowclub when we were practically shoved off our feet by Oscar. This was no accidental stumble! It was a pure and simple act of arrogance and aggression. When Marilyn (in a firm but extremely non-aggressive manner) told Oscar that his behaviour was rude and unacceptable, she was met with a flurry of verbal abuse! This included being labelled “f…ing lesbians” and a significant amount more.

I suspect that she had by the time she sent that message on 26 January, because of a couple of references:

"I am the girl who let go with you even when I was scared out of my mind to" and "When I feel you think you have me so why try any more"

imo Reeva might have denied him sex after that so she did not feel vulnerable and after hearing about other girls he had sex with.

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/oscars-r17-5million-legal-headache/

This news report link has already been posted by FromGermany, but worth mentioning again as there are some interesting revelations. Well worth reading in full.

Wonder if Dixon and Wollie have been paid yet? :D

Thank you for the link Cherwell. Advocates/barristers don't render their bills direct to the client - they're always sent to the attorney/solicitor. Once an advocate has been engaged, the attorney gets money from the client which is held in a trust account to cover some portion of their own and the advocate's fees. In a case like this, it would be an ongoing thing. The bill to the client covers the attorney, counsel and disbursements (outgoings for everything else other than professional fees). Every single item must be accounted for - every telephone call, email, fax, letter, photocopying charges and the fees of anyone else such as witnesses. Professional fees account for the bulk, but don't underestimate the disbursements because they would be huge in a case like this.

Every reputable legal professional keeps meticulous records and I would be simply amazed if there was any overcharging involved. The reason the bill is so detailed is done precisely for the reason that it may be taxed if the client is unhappy. Anyway, Arnold's not the client. Perhaps he gave a written undertaking to make up for any shortfall.

Counsel cannot sue for unpaid fees. It is the duty of the solicitor to ensure he has enough in his trust account to cover these. If there's an appeal, the situation may change. Just as an aside, junior counsel (Oldwage) charge a percentage of senior counsel's fees.

Yes, I remember that now, thank you, but IIRC he didn't display temper or bad behaviour etc which is what my list is about.

Not violent behaviour, but witnesses said he got drunk, and that he harassed the woman after she made it clear she wasn't interested in his advances.

The family would have no input into this decision at all.

I know, that's what I said, more or less. I was responding to earlier posts.

Annette Stipp in her testimony said that after the first shots they heard , she looked outside from her bed
and at two houses the lights were on.. Oscar's and the house right side of Oscars looking from Stipps house which is Montshuanes.. It does not fit to Montshuanes testimony though.. Maybe that could be included to the timeline.

No, the house with the lights on was the Nhlengethwa house. The Motshuanes live in the house to the left, viewed from the Stipps' house.

<Respectfully snipped>

Not violent behaviour, but witnesses said he got drunk, and that he harassed the woman after she made it clear she wasn't interested in his advances.

Thanks. I agree with you, and it should be included. I'll try and find it and get a date.

ETA: I found the article and have included this incident.

I still can't find the incident at a restaurant where his friends led him away. Can someone help?

Hi Colonel Mustard. I replied to your reply to me on the previous thread, hit 'post' and of course the thread was closed. But to pick up where you left off, I too am sometimes surprised when someone reveals their gender. I'd always thought you were male. In fact I had a mental image of a retired Anglo-Indian military man sipping on gin and tonics and muttering about that infernal drumming. Now had you named yourself Miss Scarlett ...

I'd always thought of Cluedo as very British, in that Agatha Christie cozy murder in the manor house vein - a complete contrast to the brutal crime we are dealing with here.

That's HYSTERICAL!!

In fact, I'm a swedish-american university professor, pacifist/human rights activist who swills diet mountain dew like there's no tomorrow. Before that, I was a professional model and was in a serious abusive relationship, which is why/how I got drawn into this trial.

I have struggled to remain objective, and admit with some shame and embarrassment, that I have, on occasion, been less than kind to Reeva than I should have been and than she deserved.

Frailty thy name is projection.

Alas, poor Reeva! I [didn't know] her, Lithgow1: Yet how I wish she had gone straight into law.

Another possibility for an argument in the early hours of Valentine day could have been the fact that OP had not got Reeva a Valentine card or present ?

Well, not sure that would make sense. For starters it wasn't Valentine's Day until 12:00 midnight and so inelegant for a very new GF to be even mildly reproaching a fella they hadn't yet told they loved for forgetting a valentine's card or present not even due until the next day! Bit of a dampener on any romantic or surprise elements to an incipient relationship and imo would make most prospective OHs run a mile!

And how could Reeva have pre-empted OP hadn't arranged for a huge bunch of flowers or whatever to be delivered to her the next day? And since it wasn't planned she spend the night OP could have easily wheedled out of any faux pas by saying he wasn't expecting her to be there so hadn't collected her present, etc.. and rush out the next day to get her a card and something.

<Respectfully snipped>

Pistorius broke?

[/B] Along with his brother, Carl, he is co-director of four companies — Epic Exposure Advertising & Branding, Epic Exposure Gauteng Advertising and Branding, Epic Expression and Solutions and Vula Media."
http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global[_id]=96515

I still find it hard to believe he is broke too.

Maybe these four companies are $1 shelf companies.

shelf company - a company or corporation that has had no activity

Common reasons for buying a shelf corporation include:

• To save the time involved in taking the steps to create a new corporation.
• To gain the opportunity to bid on contracts. Some jurisdictions require that a company be in business for a certain length of time to have this ability.
• To show corporate longevity in order to attract consumers or investors.
• To gain access to corporate credit.

This is what I've been able to find out about them.

Epic Exposure Advertising & Branding - Status - Deregistration Process
Key financials are not available as has not filed accounts. Accounts are required to be filed on or before 20/09/2013.

Epic Exposure Gauteng Advertising and Branding- Status - Deregistration Process

Epic Expression and Solutions and Vula Media - Nil. No google hits with info. Both probably deregistered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l