Post sentencing discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh: Perhaps Soozie will let you borrow the "owned by a cat" thingy?

O/T - Though I'm Southern, mint juleps are a tad too strong for me... straight bourbon with a snip of mint iirc. Instead, I'm sitting on the veranda sipping chardonnay.

You classy thing, you!

I'm sitting on my front stoop gulping Diet Mountain Dew.

MASIPA HAS A FACEBOOK PAGE?!

She's hipper than I thought.

Probably also beat Queen Elizabeth to Twitter!

aarggghhh, GOSH - NO !!!! - I was refering to a post about our ' dear' Annette Vergeer

. . . very sorry if any confusion caused :o

First of all, Mr.Fos, I want to join the many others here who have thanked you for your continued hard work!

Apologies if the following has already been mentioned as I'm back on Pg. 18 still playing catch up... also, apologize that the "B I U" feature that would make my reply clearer is currently missing:

Would you mind double checking the time for the subj whatsapp? IIRC it was reported somewhere that this same whatsapp was sent by RS during the afternoon (the "precise time" of message wasn't given). The verbatim message was given (verbatim EXCEPT it didn't include "My Des!!!!" portion)... whoever was reporting simply commented that it was sent in the afternoon from RS "to a friend." TIA

Thank you.

If you check out Timeline I tend to put all the supporting info for these things there.

Two parts to my answer though.

1. The text to Desi Myers is reported in Behind The Door (p58). I do query whether this is a UDT time but later on the book states that the last WhatsApp that day is timed at 21:13, so the time is probably right. Note that Cecil Myers reports this message as being at 22:00-22:30 and gives a loose wording of it. Perhaps this is when he reads it? The reason I'm not 100% certain about the 20:42 time is because the last message may refer to the last message to Sam Greyvenstein rather than the last message ever. OP may be referring to this message in his testimony about being with Justin Divaris that afternoon (see Timeline for fuller explanation).

2. I think the WhatsApp sent to a friend that afternoon may refer to the reply sent to Gina Myers after she let Reeva know she'd finished at 14:00 and Reeva let her know she was still in Pretoria. I give links to the interview in Timeline.

I think she was wrong in so many ways, a disgrace to her profession too ( and all her colleagues doing good work ! ). She s/b moved to some other position where she won't be able to cause so much harm. I saw on her FB page she has 2 daughters, probably raised all by herself - otherwise I'd be more harsh in my opinion.

What does "s/b" mean? TIA [Thanks In Advance] (:

Thank you.

If you check out Timeline I tend to put all the supporting info for these things there.

Two parts to my answer though.

1. The text to Desi Myers is reported in Behind The Door (p58). I do query whether this is a UDT time but later on the book states that the last WhatsApp that day is timed at 21:13, so the time is probably right. Note that Cecil Myers reports this message as being at 22:00-22:30 and gives a loose wording of it. The reason I'm not certain about the 21:13 time is because the last message may refer to the last message to Sam Greyvenstein rather than the last message ever. OP may be referring to this message in his testimony about being with Justin Divaris that afternoon.

2. I think the WhatsApp sent to a friend that afternoon may refer to the reply sent to Gina Myers after she let Reeva know she'd finished at 14:00 and Reeva let her know she was still in Pretoria. I give links to the interview in Timeline.

Thank you for such a detailed reply.

P.S Unfortunately, "me and my pc" for some reason are unable to access the new method you're using to display your timelines and witness statements, but you're not to worry about that...

Yep, so it would still have to be on the basis of him being innocent (or considered so by his team) :thumb: .. and which I very much doubt they will be doing as CH is clearly the best they could've hoped for.

yes, interesting wasn't it, for a man that was so outraged at the charges, and pleaded innocent to all them... how meekly he walked down the stairs from the court. and how quickly this immensely rich family surrendered their right to appeal.

aarggghhh, GOSH - NO !!!! - I was refering to a post about our ' dear' Annette Vergeer

. . . very sorry if any confusion caused :o

You know, this whole thing about Annette Vergeer really puzzles me.

Obviously, she knew everyone in the whole world was watching this trial.

How could she EVER imagine that no one would check to see if she had gotten proper/any approval from the "powers that be" for what she was doing?

- OR that no one would challenge her for getting her information from Wikipedia, which was only one step removed from Derman supporting his contentions about OPs fears in re: his disability by citing studies of blind mentally ill patients in the Arctic who'd been attacked by polar bears.

Why, Paul_1900, ah DO declare'! (southern accent plus mint julep)

aaaahhh, how can one ever explain why 2 people on different sides of the globe are laughing about the same thing . . . I'm lost . . .do you want me to find the post about gender again ????

Please just enjoy - as I do myself :martini:

Great news about the application to appeal. Go, Nel!

Is it a snub to Masipa that NPA are going straight to the Supreme Court? Sounds like it to me.

What form will the appeal take? Five judges pouring over Masipa's verdict only? What are the options open to them? Can they overturn the CH verdict, or do they simply rule that the case must go for trial? (Isn't that what happens in the UK?)

You know, this whole thing about Annette Vergeer really puzzles me.

Obviously, she knew everyone in the whole world was watching this trial.

How could she EVER imagine that no one would check to see if she had gotten proper/any approval from the "powers that be" for what she was doing?

- OR that no one would challenge her for getting her information from Wikipedia, which was only one step removed from Derman supporting his contentions about OPs fears in re: his disability by citing studies of blind mentally ill patients in the Arctic who'd been attacked by polar bears.

It's called arrogance. Something we've seen plenty of over the last seven months.

aaaahhh, how can one ever explain why 2 people on different sides of the globe are laughing about the same thing . . . I'm lost . . .do you want me to find the post about gender again ????

Please just enjoy - as I do myself :martini:

"I do declare" means "thank you" and is said as one blushes. :blushing:

I think she was wrong in so many ways, a disgrace to her profession too ( and all her colleagues doing good work ! ). She s/b moved to some other position where she won't be able to cause so much harm. I saw on her FB page she has 2 daughters, probably raised all by herself - otherwise I'd be more harsh in my opinion.

Who knows, maybe Skunk Lady has the hots for Ozzie? LOL

You classy thing, you! I'm sitting on my front stoop gulping Diet Mountain Dew.

Aww thank you, Col. Mustard... I do declare.

Diet Mountain Dew ?? That's no way to celebrate anywhere in the world! lol

Did you, per chance, find the mint julep you were sipping on the prev page too strong for your taste ,too? :floorlaugh:

Remember back right after the verdict, but before the sentencing someone here at WS wrote a post about how the verdict was possibly a clever ploy by Masipa herself - she wanted to ensure that the PT appeals the CH verdict so that it could be overturned to murder. Had JM given a harsher sentence, the DT would possibly have appealed, and subsequently get a lesser sentence. The speculation was that Masipa wanted to guarantee a murder sentence, but could only get it if she gave a lesser verdict, with high hopes that the PT appeals.

Does anyone else remember this? I wouldn't know where to start searching for this post, but I thought it was interesting. But to be honest, I personally don't see the mind of masipa being this devious. JMO!

Not wishing to say I thought of this first, but before Lux wrote that brilliant piece detailing Masipa's potential thinking, AJ & I were alluding to the same thing a few days prior.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?256338-Trial-Discussion-Thread-52-14-11-9-Day-41-announcement-of-the-verdict&p=10948677#post10948677

I still think this is the case. OP is Goosed.

A source close to the legal team says Arnold Pistorius has refused to cover the outstanding amount, believing his nephew should be responsible for the bill.

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/oscars-r17-5million-legal-headache

I imagine Uncle Arnie likely would have stiffed Roux on the bill even if Oscar had been handed a full acquittal on all charges.

Why pay the tab when the favorable verdict’s a done deal? No incentive.

I work for an attorney (one of those few, genuinely, scrupulously honest types, who regularly turns down smarmy potential clients) who’s had a number of wealthy, upper-class clients f ##k him on his bill - even after he WON their high-stakes cases for them. It’s exactly how too many rich stay rich - they f ##k everyone else, from their peers to their lowly employees.

Of course Uncle Arnie thinks OP should foot the entire bill. (Yes, on principle, he should but we’re dealing with reality and the mega-elite here.)

With OP broke, Uncle Arnie now justifies wanting to skate - Roux’s fees are not his problem. Well, yeah, it IS his problem.

The Pistorius family reputation is as much at stake as is Oscar’s; they’ve gone out of their way to fully, very publicly align themselves to his innocence from day one. By not paying the bill, their image will be even more tainted - they’ll join OP in the dumpster.

(Can you imagine the hellacious family fights during the past 18 months? You better believe it. You think this family is all sweetness and light, rallying around “innocent” Ozzie 100%, no questions ever asked? LOL Not if Money and Murder are involved. :lol: They’ve circled the wagons as much for themselves as for Oscar.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734