Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to come up with my request to be excused from jury duty. I have 238 characters to type in why I'd like to be excused but I need help with what to say.

I'd like to make sure that:
1. They are aware that I've always wanted to serve on a jury and have always believed it to be a great and fair procedure.
2. They understand that after Caylee's case that I have zero faith in our system and that I want no part of any of it because this is proof beyond ALL doubt that our system does not work properly and since the person guilty of murdering her own baby girl walks free, this also means that there are innocent people who have been wrongly convicted.

Can anyone please help me to get those points across in a professional manner with the few characters that I am allowed?

I'm not sure if I should post this as a new thread in a different part of the forum instead of here, any advise?

Thank you WS'ers for any help you can give me.

I think if you don't serve that shows that you don't have confidence in yourself, that you couldn't serve and follow the evidence of whatever sort of case you would be sitting on. I believe that you can. Your voice matters.

You need to understand that the process in place isn't just about 12 people sitting on the jury, it's also about everyone involved, starting with the police detectives, investigators, right down to the procecuters. I know (most) everyone is dissappointed in the "Not Guilty" verdit but the jurors didn't say innocent. I believe the charges were wrong, in that the procecution decided to over charge, with what evidence they had. I believe the system worked because even though must of us think she was guilty, the procecution had in their mind what they thought happened but couldn't prove it. Leads me to believe that nobody knows exactly what happend. The procecution should have gone for involuntary manslaughter. IMOO.

1.) lies to family and friends

2.) steals from family and friends

3.) kills daughter

4.) Lies to investigators

5.) Has no problem getting legal representation

6.) causes the biggest legal circus in FLA history

7.) Throws her family and others under the bus

8.) Gets acquitted

9.) Apparently goes on her merry way and prospers

I just can't bang my head hard enough. Somebody wake me up from this nightmare.

I think if you don't serve that shows that you don't have confidence in yourself, that you couldn't serve and follow the evidence of whatever sort of case you would be sitting on. I believe that you can. Your voice matters.

You need to understand that the process in place isn't just about 12 people sitting on the jury, it's also about everyone involved, starting with the police detectives, investigators, right down to the procecuters. I know (most) everyone is dissappointed in the "Not Guilty" verdit but the jurors didn't say innocent. I believe the charges were wrong, in that the procecution decided to over charge, with what evidence they had. I believe the system worked because even though must of us think she was guilty, the procecution had in their mind what they thought happened but couldn't prove it. Leads me to believe that nobody knows exactly what happend. The procecution should have gone for involuntary manslaughter. IMOO.

Thank you for voicing your opinion, I appreciate your thoughts.

I have great confidence in my own abilities to serve on a jury which is why I always have wanted to be chosen to be on one.

I agree that it takes having the knowledge of the police, investigators, prosecution, witness testimony and whether or not they tell the truth, etc. There was definitely enough circumstantial evidence to find her guilty of the lessor charges but the way our system works it wasn't all allowed in, people perjured themselves on the stand with NO penalties after the fact, the defendant lied throughout the entire investigation about her own child being missing...everyone here knows what happened, I don't need to point it all out all over again.

The fact is, I don't want to be ANY part of this judicial system. I pay my taxes so I have no choice but to contribute that way. The bottom line for me is that I do not believe in our system after witnessing this as well as watching the wonderful work of the groups like the Innocent Project. I am personally choosing that I do not wish to participate in a system that can be mocked so blatantly and obviously in front of live cameras for all of us to see.

I just know that there are countless proceedings that aren't televised and researched as thoroughly as this one was. To me, this is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that our system gets it wrong a lot more times than we ever find out about in the news.

I am choosing to opt out.

As the OP of this thread, I would prefer that this doesn't become a debate as to why I should or should not have a desire to be on a jury. (As well as to stay on the topic of the thread.)

I am simply asking for help from the wonderful Web Sleuthers here in how I could word my reply to the Summons for Jury Duty with the limited amount of space that I have.

I have great confidence in my own abilities to serve on a jury which is why I always have wanted to be chosen to be on one.

I agree that it takes having the knowledge of the police, investigators, prosecution, witness testimony and whether or not they tell the truth, etc. There was definitely enough circumstantial evidence to find her guilty of the lessor charges but the way our system works it wasn't all allowed in, people perjured themselves on the stand with NO penalties after the fact, the defendant lied throughout the entire investigation about her own child being missing...everyone here knows what happened, I don't need to point it all out all over again.

The fact is, I don't want to be ANY part of this judicial system. I pay my taxes so I have no choice but to contribute that way. The bottom line for me is that I do not believe in our system after witnessing this as well as watching the wonderful work of the groups like the Innocent Project. I am personally choosing that I do not wish to participate in a system that can be mocked so blatantly and obviously in front of live cameras for all of us to see.

I just know that there are countless proceedings that aren't televised and researched as thoroughly as this one was. To me, this is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that our system gets it wrong a lot more times than we ever find out about in the news.

As the OP of this thread, I would prefer that this doesn't become a debate as to why I should or should not have a desire to be on a jury. (As well as to stay on the topic of the thread.)

I am simply asking for help from the wonderful Web Sleuthers here in how I could word my reply to the Summons for Jury Duty with the limited amount of space that I have.

Just tell the truth, as you wrote. That is a valid reason to me and I totally understand why you feel that way and certainly many share your sentiments.

I initially felt the same but have recently had a change of heart and decided that all it takes is ONE person on a jury to make a difference, one person that listens to the facts, analyzes the facts and holds their ground even if it means they are up against 11 others pressuring them to give in. It takes one person who actually cares about justice. Imagine if that would have happened in this case.

I'm trying to come up with my request to be excused from jury duty. I have 238 characters to type in why I'd like to be excused but I need help with what to say.

1. They are aware that I've always wanted to serve on a jury and have always believed it to be a great and fair procedure.
2. They understand that after Caylee's case that I have zero faith in our system and that I want no part of any of it because this is proof beyond ALL doubt that our system does not work properly and since the person guilty of murdering her own baby girl walks free, this also means that there are innocent people who have been wrongly convicted.

Can anyone please help me to get those points across in a professional manner with the few characters that I am allowed?

I'm not sure if I should post this as a new thread in a different part of the forum instead of here, any advise?

Good citizens like you are needed on juries. I was recently called for jury duty on a child molestation case. The main thing is to be honest when questioned, as I was almost to a "fault." They asked those who like to watch true crime shows to raise their hands. Mine went up, even though it would've been easy to lie. I was further questioned about which shows. I answered "Nancy Grace" and something else. Then I was personally asked if I thought molestation was a crime in its own categoy, separate from other types of crime. I said, "Yes, because it is an action against a person rather than something like theft which involves objects." Wow, I felt like I was on trial as the defense attorney seemed to zero in on me! I was not chosen for that jury. Turns out that the jury had barely been seated when the accused settled without a trial.

I also think that if chosen for a criminal jury, you go into it standing firm on your convictions and, if need be, will hang a jury rather than be intimiated or pressured to decide against your conscience. Yes, folks are accorded a jury of their peers, but that does not mean that we have to bow to peer pressure!

Well, I think everything that has needed to be said someone has already posted. Being as I think I will feel better just to express my feelings, I am heartbroken, devastated, and have absolutely 0% faith in the Florida justice system. I have boy/girl 16 year old twins and a grandbaby on the way and I can not possibly fathom the thought of not knowing where they were for 31 days, not calling police, oh you know it all. I'm just sickened.

:banghead:
:sick: :confused: :tears:

Its disturbing to think of the message the not guilty verdict sends to this already warped mind: Lying & stealing......works everytime, even with murder. OMG.....I'm so blessed to be such a good liar!

Perhaps getting up and out and doing your part as a juror would go a long way toward making the legal system something you believe in. If you opt out, I don't see that you have anyone to blame for a bad verdict, but yourself.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you won't help, who do you expect to do it?

I think you should do it. Prove the system CAN work and just be honest,which ever way it goes.

You may get disqualified for simply being a WS BLOGGER :floorlaugh:

Then you said it all in your OP,just as you expressed it to us :rocker:. If you get called in you will have a chance to say more than the 200+ characters.

[/B]

Please watch your blood pressure......I followed this since day31, had to just get off the boards and change the channels after the verdict. I was heartsick.....and then physically ill....had a small TIA stroke due to spike in BP. Okay now, but have to wonder.....can I join the "sue ICA bandwagon" for pain and suffering, so that "person" never makes a dime off our sweet baby Caylee.....we all need to take comfort from the fact that we can go on with our lives, keep Caylee in our hearts, and know that ICA will ALWAYS be a miserable excuse for a human being, will never truly know love, or the joy that comes from unconditionally loving a child....JMO
I'm so glad you are okay !
Last year I started having joint pain until I was unable to walk (like all the bones in your feet are broken) ,use my hands or raise my arms. I was finally diagnosed with sero-positive Rheumatoid arthritis , an auto-immune disorder.It's not at all like osteo -arthritis.The body literally turns on itself and with the inflammation ,releases an enzyme that destroys bone and tissue surrounding vital organs. I have significant erosion in my feet and hands ,which places me in the severe category.
I swear it's from following this case. It's all negative,all the time . And like an alcoholic ,I can not put it down. :banghead:

Loving all my peeps here makes it that much harder.:seeya:

I'm not even a MOTHER, and I am still in tears over it all! That innate maternal streak that runs through us women, and the absolute love that overflows in my heart for a child, makes me want to enact my own brand of harsh justice on this monster. You could hear this same sentiment mirrored in Linda Drane Burdick's voice, as she closed out the case last Monday. If you AREN'T outraged, double check if you are HUMAN.

I live in Central FL, as well. It's storming fiercely outside. That beautiful baby lay out in the wet filth, through many a night like this. :cry:

Heartbroken?! Heartbroken is not nearly adequate a description to describe the incense and grief I feel, over a precious baby tossed into a trash dump. This is gonna take a LOT of time for me, so if any fellow WS-ers are also slower in processing, feel free to share and know I'll understand. But I WILL harness my sentiments for something positive; likely eventual realization of a law career.

We will all work through the emotional whirlwind. Meanwhile, know you're in PLENTY good company.

Rest with God, Little One. :rose:

BBM - Parts of her body are still out there. I wonder if that crosses their mind as they all wheel and deal, squeezing every penny they can exploiting her death.

IMO

I'm not even a MOTHER, and I am still in tears over it all! That innate maternal streak that runs through us women, and the absolute love that overflows in my heart for a child, makes me want to enact my own brand of harsh justice on this monster. You could hear this same sentiment mirrored in Linda Drane Burdick's voice, as she closed out the case last Monday. If you AREN'T outraged, double check if you are HUMAN.

I live in Central FL, as well. It's storming fiercely outside. That beautiful baby lay out in the wet filth, through many a night like this. :cry:
QUOTE]
--------------
Thanks for that. Like I said on an HLN thread, I appreciated the reporter going out to the site and showing us a stunning contrast:

the decrepit site the murderer placed this beautiful baby's body in.

then showing the outpouring from people all over making a pilgrimage and laying down their offerings of love to this beautiful child.

I hope this reporter goes back with a crew and walks the interior and periphery of this area to show the access and exit points and also where the Anthony home was in conjunction to this area.

Who knows, they may happen upon another piece of evidence...not that it will overturn the verdict, but maybe there might be something to project to the public what a travesty this was.

1.) lies to family and friends

2.) steals from family and friends

3.) kills daughter

4.) Lies to investigators

5.) Has no problem getting legal representation

6.) causes the biggest legal circus in FLA history

7.) Throws her family and others under the bus

8.) Gets acquitted

9.) Apparently goes on her merry way and prospers

I just can't bang my head hard enough. Somebody wake me up from this nightmare.

BBM - I don't think she threw her family under the bus. They willingly went along with this to set their murderous daughter free.

There is absolutely no excuse for the state of Florida not to prosecute CA for perjury in a first degree murder case, NONE.

IMO

There is NO WAY:

1. If in fact I believed an accident happened to my dearly Precious Grandbaby in my pool....with the horrible after affects ie; media, protesters, trial, etc...... there is NO WAY that pool would still be assembled in my back yard!

AND

2. There is NO WAY I could continue to live in a home after all that has transpired in the last three years, KNOWING that there are still pieces (tiny bones) of my Beloved Precious Granddaughter laying less than a half a mile away in muck, smelly swampy water, vegetation and trash.

BBM - I don't think she threw her family under the bus. They willingly went along with this to set their murderous daughter free.

There is absolutely no excuse for the state of Florida not to prosecute CA for perjury in a first degree murder case, NONE.

IMO

JB's opening statement throws both GA and LA under the bus.

This is taking longer for me to get over than I thought. I'm still mad about the verdict. :banghead:
Still can't stand the thought of FCA walking around free. :loser:

This is taking longer for me to get over than I thought. I'm still mad about the verdict. :banghead:
Still can't stand the thought of FCA walking around free. :loser:
And CM spouting off about Caylee drowning in the swimming pool with the pool still standing in the A's backyard. And the DT wonders why there is venom in the air ...

I'm going through kind of an interesting evolution about this case. On one hand, my heart is still terribly bruised about Caylee not receiving justice - and there will always be one spot there that will never heal - but on the other hand, CFCA has almost become some kind of weird bug species I am keeping an eye on.

I've given up on George and Cindy - I don't think they will ever regain any credibility on my world viewing lens, just always that spot on the glass I am trying to rub off. Just when I think they can't possibly pull another stunt that surprises me - they do.

But I am curious about CFCA. I take it for granted she will self destruct - but how, where and when will be interesting. And how long will it take Baez to completely dump her....and how will she react then?

And CM spouting off about Caylee drowning in the swimming pool with the pool still standing in the A's backyard. And the DT wonders why there is venom in the air ...

Omg Sustained!!! I know.
(And may I say I LOVE your avatar. :floorlaugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aandatruckrepair