Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge just essentially acknowledged it was an accident as well. That's what her comments sounded like to me anyway.

Judge says since RH wanted to be an advocate ...mission accomplished.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Judge just essentially acknowledged it was an accident as well. That's what her comments sounded like to me anyway.
I didn't hear that at all. What specifically?

She then notes that the defendant has been found guilty of all charges against him. "It now becomes my duty to determine which punishment to impose."

"Except for the fact that the defendant has no prior criminal conviction, there is no mitigating fact or circumstance in this case...."

"This court finds particularly that the defendant, Justin Ross Harris, intentionally and unnecessarily and in a wanton manner inflicted on the victim, Cooper Harris, unnecessary and wanton" agony."

She notes that the jury was unanimous in its verdict.

Harris, she says, "callously walked away from that child in that hot car in June. In Georgia."

She then says she will follow the recommendation of the state, which is life in prison without possibility of parole, plus 32 years, to run consecutively.

Staley Clark then calls for Harris and the defense and the prosecution to approach the bench for sentencing.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/minut...oss-harris-sentencing/EU4ubO8MG4gNAHtlsUM1kM/

Judge says since RH wanted to be an advocate ...mission accomplished.

But didn't she add "In a different way"? I think she meant 'Let this be a warning to anyone else who thinks they can do this and get away with it'

I wasn't able to make it to the sentencing today, but I watched it on live stream. It's extremely sobering. For all of the talk about the DT attorneys fighting back emotions at times, I felt as if Judge Staley Clark was fighting to keep her emotions in check this afternoon.

I think it was more of a warning to others.... he got caught being negligent and so forth.

But didn't she add "In a different way"? I think she meant 'Let this be a warning to anyone else who thinks they can do this and get away with it'

I believe she said, maybe not in the way you would have liked.

He looks like he has since day 1...arrogant almost and unemotional

I don't see that at all. I see a scared that I think finally knows he is NOT getting away with it and if anything will try to take the 'easy way out' once in prison. I was watching his hands as well... he is not as unemotional as his dead eyes portray. He's scared Poopless.

I don't see that at all. I see a scared that I think finally knows he is NOT getting away with it and if anything will try to take the 'easy way out' once in prison. I was watching his hands as well... he is not as unemotional as his dead eyes portray. He's scared Poopless.

Well, it hasn't affected his appetite at all apparently.

I think it was more of a warning to others.... he got caught being negligent and so forth.

I think it was more 'If you think you can do this and put on a show that you're a grieving parent, forget about it.'

Thanks JerseyGirl and the rest of you! :loveyou: I missed the live sentencing by a few minutes. I slept in after spending a fitful night thinking about Gitana and that damned fire in Oakland. :(

So Ross got big time in the slammer. How long will the appeal process take?

Does anybody but me find it odd that there was nobody there to give a victim impact statement on behalf of the deceased victim? where is the mother? where is some relative to speak for the deceased: very unusual and sickening actually.

What are possible appellate matters? Search warrant issues? PC hearing? Is it possible that the PT could argue the insurance info in if there is another trial?

What are possible appellate matters? Search warrant issues? PC hearing? Is it possible that the PT could argue the insurance info in if there is another trial?

No can only argue evidence that was in the first trial. Can't bring up insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298