Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was, IMO, a good sentence. Nothing will bring back little Cooper so for Justin Ross Harris, may every day be filled with agony. May he have nightmares every single night. Nothing will ever measure up to the agony and pain little Cooper went through.

He will be having dinner with the 'big boys' tonight. It just got real.

Does anybody but me find it odd that there was nobody there to give a victim impact statement on behalf of the deceased victim? where is the mother? where is some relative to speak for the deceased: very unusual and sickening actually.

Pathetic. He's already a distant memory...was immediately. Even the victim statement LT filled out was all about her...didn't write a thing for the baby. He died alone and his memory is left to fade away by that family. Goes back to the headstone issue....at least they are consistent. I suppose we can expect another society blaming FB posting

Thanks JerseyGirl and the rest of you! :loveyou: I missed the live sentencing by a few minutes. I slept in after spending a fitful night thinking about Gitana and that damned fire in Oakland. :(

So Ross got big time in the slammer. How long will the appeal process take?
Wait, is she ok?

Judge just essentially acknowledged it was an accident as well. That's what her comments sounded like to me anyway.

I think some people will believe and hear that is what the Judge said and others will NOT hear that this was an accident but a selfish way to be free of being a father. I did not hear the Judge say this was an accident. People will believe what they want to believe.

Does anybody but me find it odd that there was nobody there to give a victim impact statement on behalf of the deceased victim? where is the mother? where is some relative to speak for the deceased: very unusual and sickening actually.

The mother has moved on. She had her say previously in a victim impact statement last year - where she listed herself as the victim instead of Cooper. It was all about how the media has wrecked her life. She continued on that track when Ross was found guilty - she wrote a nasty rant on FB blaming society for Cooper's death.

I'm right there with you; sad and sickening that no one was in that courtroom to speak for Cooper - the victim in this mess.

Dec 5 2016, 2:18 pm ET

Georgia Dad Justin Ross Harris Sentenced to Life in Son's Hot Car Death

by Daniella Silva

A Georgia father convicted of murder after leaving his toddler son in a hot car two summers ago was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole on Monday.

Jurors last month convicted Justin Ross Harris of malice murder and other charges in the June 18, 2014, death of his 22-month-old son, Cooper, who was left in a Hyundai Tucson for seven hours in sweltering heat. Jurors believed Harris left the little boy to die on purpose.

Harris, 35, was also convicted of eight counts of malice murder, felony murder, cruelty to children in the first and second degree, sexual exploitation of and dissemination of harmful material to minors...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ho...-ross-harris-sentenced-life-son-s-hot-n692086

I was hoping she would have more to say but maybe the one cutting remark was more poignant.
I think it spoke volumes and her voice quivering as she said he callously walked away from the car leaving cooper to die in the worst way possible.i like that she was pointed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The mother has moved on. She had her say previously in a victim impact statement last year - where she listed herself as the victim instead of Cooper. It was all about how the media has wrecked her life. She continued on that track when Ross was found guilty - she wrote a nasty rant on FB blaming society for Cooper's death.

I'm right there with you; sad and sickening that no one was in that courtroom to speak for Cooper - the victim in this mess.

I agree with your post 100 percent.

I cannot believe that no one in Cooper's family was not present for Cooper.
Poor baby. RIP Cooper.

Ross, welcome to Hell.

It really is horrible, in my opinion. Not really surprising, but so very sad and predicable. Cooper's family couldn't be bothered to attend the trial for him. It seems to me that line in the sand was drawn a long time ago - the trial was for poor RH and had nothing to do with a dead 22 mo/o son, grandson, nephew, cousin, great-grandson, who died a tortuous death. I think they decided to support RH by not supporting Cooper.

I have to read the thread. Just saw on FaceBook the sentencing. May Cooper rest in peace.

It really is horrible, in my opinion. Not really surprising, but so very sad and predicable. Cooper's family couldn't be bothered to attend the trial for him. It seems to me that line in the sand was drawn a long time ago - the trial was for poor RH and had nothing to do with a dead 22 mo/o son, grandson, nephew, cousin, great-grandson, who died a tortuous death. I think they decided to support RH by not supporting Cooper.

Cooper is so far out of their minds that none of those people could be bothered to chip in for a gravestone for him either. Instead, Leanna's lawyer appealed to the public to give money to purchase one. How's that for forgetting this poor little baby? It's like he's been erased.

Bah - a pox on both parents.

I cant believe I forgot about the sentencing today! So glad he will pay for killing his son every day for the rest of his life.

Cooper is so far out of their minds that none of those people could be bothered to chip in for a gravestone for him either. Instead, Leanna's lawyer appealed to the public to give money to purchase one. How's that for forgetting this poor little baby? It's like he's been erased.

Bah - a pox on both parents.

Yep - was going to mention that gravestone "faux pas" due to lack of funds (right) but went around it! LOL. Thanks for revisiting. Gets to me every time I read or think about it. And how wonderful - LH has chosen a footstone. Getting my confetti out.

He looks like he has since day 1...arrogant almost and unemotional

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Both are signs of a sociopath. And selfish, childish, does not have insight or remorse, etc., etc. He'll run into others like him in prison in this regard, but he will have few peers with regard to the particular method or subject of the murder he committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper