Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unimaginable, unfathomable, that there was not one relative, including Cooper's useless "mother" to give a victim impact statement in court
today. I think poor Cooper had the horrible misfortune to be born into a rotten family, with his father being the rottenest apple of all. poor poor baby.
RIP baby boy: looking at his sweet and trusting face make me cry.

They all believed Ross was being victimized, so how could they be there for Cooper? It was just an accident. Sorry, Coop!

I hope Leanna wakes up one day and sees the truth, but I really think there is something wrong with that woman. In the interrogation room she was far more concerned about Ross (he of the "oh, why did this happen to ME? MY life is over!") than the fact that she'd just learned her only child had died a horrific death. Shock, maybe. But she still only dumped Ross because he cheated on her, not because his actions resulted in the death of her baby.

I will cut her some slack because she is a victim as well that was tossed into this entire situation by her soul mate.

Plus lets not forget the cases where someone is caught trying to hire a hitman to kill their spouse. But later on; The spouse still decides to show sympathy towards the spouse that was doing the hiring.

Idk. Some relationships are strange that way.

I will cut her some slack because she is a victim as well that was tossed into this entire situation by her soul mate.

Plus lets not forget the cases where someone is caught trying to hire a hitman to kill their spouse. But later on; The spouse still decides to show sympathy towards the spouse that was doing the hiring.

Idk. Some relationships are strange that way.

True. And I don't think she's guilty, just very off-kilter. She seemed hell-bent on keeping that guy before and after the murder, until the depth of the betrayal became publicly known.

What did any of these women see in that frumpy, doughy self-obsessed creep? The sex worker was the only one who saw what he was. And at least she got paid.

Harris will be evaluated at Jackson State Prison to determine where he will serve out his sentence.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/justi...prison-without-parole/IHpP38nLFwyVHBphbJkJEK/

JACKSON, Ga. — They arrive by the busload each Tuesday and Thursday, dozens of new inmates entering Georgia's prison system.

The Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison in Jackson, the state's biggest, houses about 2,100 male inmates on a wooded, 900-acre campus about 50 miles south of Atlanta. A warden and three deputy wardens oversee more than 600 employees.

When inmates arrive, their possessions are inventoried. Then they shower and don white jumpsuits. They sit in barber chairs while permanent inmates give them close haircuts, then pose for an ID photo.

Guards immediately work to instill order and discipline. Even the newest arrivals — some still dripping from showers and others mid-haircut — know what to do when the warden appears with guests.

"Sir, good morning, sir. Ma'am, good morning, ma'am," they shout in unison following a guard's prompt.

Clean, shorn and photographed, they're led to a sorting area ringed by small offices where counselors and medical professionals interview the new arrivals to determine where they belong.

Some are nervous and quiet, this being their first trip. Others know the routine and sometimes cause trouble.

The cinderblock walls in the hallways in the main part of the prison are painted drab shades of gray and beige. The linoleum floors have been buffed to an impressive shine by inmate laborers, and a faint smell of cleaning chemicals lingers in the air. Murals painted by inmates provide splashes of color, many serving as reminders of their right to not be sexually assaulted.

It's loud and busy. Heavy metal gates clank open and shut. Inmates shuffle in single-file lines, guided by just a few guards. Chatter, shouts and the crackling of radios echo with nothing soft in sight to absorb the sound.

When visitors approach, inmates in the hallways turn their backs and stand close to the walls. That makes it easy for guards to spot a guy who steps out of line.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...3/georgias-largest-prislast-stop-some/342930/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Diagnostic_and_Classification_State_Prison

The Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison serves as a central hub where sentenced felons begin the process of being admitted into the Georgia State Correctional System. Numerous county jails are paid by the state to house sentenced felons until space becomes available in the prison system. Sentenced felons may spend years in local jails until housing space becomes available in the state prison system. While at GDCP, inmates are either in the process of being classified and tested, or they are assigned as a "permanent." Those inmates who are 'permanents' will serve their entire sentence at the GDCP, while the remainder of inmates will be tested and then moved to other prisons based on their classifications. Based on published research statistics by the Georgia Department of Corrections,[5] inmates who are being diagnosed and classified undergo a battery of tests and diagnostic questionnaires. Tests and diagnostic notations include: the culture fair IQ test; Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT) (reading, math, and spelling); scope of substance abuse (summary & detailed report); latest mental health treatment; PULHESDWIT medical scale; criminality, alcoholism, and/or drug abuse in immediate family; one or both parents absent during childhood; manipulative or assaultive tendency diagnostics; and criminal history report with prior incarcerations and a full account of all previous and current offenses.

True. And I don't think she's guilty, just very off-kilter. She seemed hell-bent on keeping that guy before and after the murder, until the depth of the betrayal became publicly known.

What did any of these women see in that frumpy, doughy self-obsessed creep? The sex worker was the only one who saw what he was. And at least she got paid.

Lol. Agree.

Ross was paying to play.

And needed his financial obligations for his child out of the way.

He should have simply left his wife and child. Anything would have been better than what he chose.

But didn't Ross stay quiet as well for the lienicy statement?

Now the family is obviously still team Ross. Or they felt that 100 years in prison for the happy go lucky guy was more worse than anything they could say. Idk.

Rest in Heaven baby Coop.

RH had no one there. No one. If they were team Ross they would have, at a minimum, written a statement to be read to the judge begging for leniency. Or they could have written a statement talking about cooper while also supporting Ross.

C r I c k e t S

RIP cooper, you are missed by strangers.

...RIP cooper, you are missed by strangers.

:tyou: It saddens me that some folks seem focused on the fact that no family members were in court for the sentencing and not on OUR ongoing presence here for Cooper. We can only speculate about the family dynamics and their rationale in not attending the sentencing. I think angel Cooper knows that there were many people unknown to him who loved and cared for him and that we are pleased to know that justice was served for this beautiful boy. :moo:

IMO he got what he deserved. I've always been in the guilty on all accounts camp. Also, maybe the family didn't want to be there for the sentencing, what can they really do? Leanna believes he's not guilty and most likely persuaded her family to believe it as well. I do believe they have sort of moved on from all this and most likely are tired of the "lime light". I do not believe Leanna has moved on from Cooper, but he is gone now and there isn't anything she can do but move on. I'm sure there is a BIG hole in her heart over this and I also believe her mom hurts as well.

I'm curious if anyone that found Ross and Leanna's behavior at Police HQ "selfish" has ever been arrested, charged and placed in a cell? Having been in a holding cell, in prison stripes, facing a felony charge, I found that a survival instinct takes over - it's what kept our ancestors from being eaten by lions. With time comes perspective, and an understanding of one's personal responsibility, but those first hours in Police custody are a whole other ball game. I would have found it stranger if Ross had shown no concern for his immediate circumstance.

I'm curious if anyone that found Ross and Leanna's behavior at Police HQ "selfish" has ever been arrested, charged and placed in a cell? Having been in a holding cell, in prison stripes, facing a felony charge, I found that a survival instinct takes over - it's what kept our ancestors from being eaten by lions. With time comes perspective, and an understanding of one's personal responsibility, but those first hours in Police custody are a whole other ball game. I would have found it stranger if Ross had shown no concern for his immediate circumstance.

Did you kill your baby that day as well? If not, I'm not sure it's apples to apples.

Imo if you just killed your baby that's all that matters. You shouldn't care about anything else. Your grief should be overwhelming, not your personal comfort of a cot and metal toilet.

JMO, of course, having never been in any of the situations stated above, But as a human with common sense.

RH had no one there. No one. If they were team Ross they would have, at a minimum, written a statement to be read to the judge begging for leniency. Or they could have written a statement talking about cooper while also supporting Ross.
The defense team did not want anyone pleading for leniency. Their position is that Ross is innocent and they don't want anyone saying anything that might negatively impact an appeal. However, I don't know if anyone showed up for moral support. If someone did, I didn't see him looking at anyone. Leanna is done with him - but only because he's a total pig.

I've never been arrested, but there were no lions in the interrogation room with Ross. Ross actually commented several times how pleasant and nice the officers were and he had no trouble chit chatting with them about unrelated matters. I can certainly understand being disoriented while in custody, but Ross supposedly had recently learned that he "accidently" cooked his child to death. And Leanna had just heard the unthinkable about her only child.

Are you a parent? If so, I'm sure you can understand why people find their behavior beyond odd. Maybe Leanna was in shock. But Ross chatting about the type handcuffs used, bragging about his LE experience and chatting up the officer about her experience while his baby is lying dead on the pavement because he left him in the car? That is absolutely baffling behavior whether you believe he did it on purpose or not.

At least Lions protect their young. Thing is though, he hadn't been arrested at that point. He clearly didn't think he was going to be arrested at all, so survival instinct doesn't really cut it here.

Talking of instinct - and I'll leave him out of it because we know what his were - we've yet to see a whiff of Leanna's basic motherly instinct for her son. I'm not as gracious as some in relation to her, I think it was pretty damn awful not one word came from her or any other family member in support of that baby.

I have. I still find his behavior appalling, disgusting, and so void of emotion for the baby he had, whether by accident or ill intent, allowed to suffer a horrific death.

Explanation for those wondering: Rented a sublet in downtown chicago in my early twenties. Police raided the apartment days later, booked me and my roommate into the county jail (where I would, years later, intern with the correctional affairs office). The owner of the apartment was raided for drugs and they let us go after a few harrowing hours in custody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The defense team did not want anyone pleading for leniency. Their position is that Ross is innocent and they don't want anyone saying anything that might negatively impact an appeal. .

Can you supply a link for that information? I didn't see that article and I'm interested in reading it.

what makes you think that?

When an attorney addresses a Judge they always are supposed to stand. There are certain rules to follow in court. He was longing in his chair even backed away from the defense table, like he did not even want to be there. that is why she finally told him he needed to stand up to address her.

I wonder why they didn't want him to say, "I'm not guilty. I miss my son every day. I did not do this crime." How would that hurt?
The defense team did not want anyone pleading for leniency. Their position is that Ross is innocent and they don't want anyone saying anything that might negatively impact an appeal. However, I don't know if anyone showed up for moral support. If someone did, I didn't see him looking at anyone. Leanna is done with him - but only because he's a total pig.

At first, I thought it was a selfish act by a negligent parent - he was tired and obsessed with sexting. But the lightbulbs did it for me. I think did care about Cooper and the video of him playing the guitar shows a loving father, but he wanted to be free of his marriage and the burdens of a family. I moved to guilty after the lightbulbs, but something about the guitar video and seeing how he loved him made me realize - wait a second. If he loved him he would have not forgotten him after two minutes. He would have thought about him on the way to the office, like - I hope the little guy has fun at day care or something.

Instead they had a little goodbye breakfast and then he let him die.

IMO he got what he deserved. I've always been in the guilty on all accounts camp. Also, maybe the family didn't want to be there for the sentencing, what can they really do? Leanna believes he's not guilty and most likely persuaded her family to believe it as well. I do believe they have sort of moved on from all this and most likely are tired of the "lime light". I do not believe Leanna has moved on from Cooper, but he is gone now and there isn't anything she can do but move on. I'm sure there is a BIG hole in her heart over this and I also believe her mom hurts as well.

I wonder why they didn't want him to say, "I'm not guilty. I miss my son every day. I did not do this crime." How would that hurt?
It doesn't help to refuse to admit you're guilty if you are looking for leniency. The trial is over, the sentence was pretty obvious given the circumstances of the death, the only thing that's going to possibly keep Ross out of prison for the rest of his life is a successful appeal so there is no point in saying anything now.

At first, I thought it was a selfish act by a negligent parent - he was tired and obsessed with sexting. But the lightbulbs did it for me. I think did care about Cooper and the video of him playing the guitar shows a loving father, but he wanted to be free of his marriage and the burdens of a family. I moved to guilty after the lightbulbs, but something about the guitar video and seeing how he loved him made me realize - wait a second. If he loved him he would have not forgotten him after two minutes. He would have thought about him on the way to the office, like - I hope the little guy has fun at day care or something.

Instead they had a little goodbye breakfast and then he let him die.

I think he enjoyed Cooper when he wanted to enjoy Cooper but having fun with kids is just one part of being a parent. It's an incredible responsibility, and one that only gets bigger as kids get older. One of the things that troubled me quite a bit was his references to Cooper as a "joker". That joker decided to wake me up early (on the day of his death). That joker is draining my bank account. Who refers to an innocent baby as a "joker"? Even in jest, there's a mean tone to that is not befitting of a loving parent.

And Cooper was expensive, although through no fault of his own. Little Apron currently charges $922 a month for babies and $865 for toddlers. That's a lot for people of modest salaries. Ross could have done the normal, decent thing and asked Leanna for a divorce, but Cooper would still continue to "drain" his bank account. Money he wanted to spend on prostitutes and booze and going out with his bro's. I really think he thought this was just an easy way to make Cooper go away - almost like he was never born - and really didn't think people would doubt it was just a terrible, innocent mistake. He was arrogant and stupid enough not to realize how stupid he really was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper